Does insurance cover eye contacts?

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I'm just wondering. And since Prom is coming along soon. I'd love to get eye contact (prescription ones), So I'd like to know. Because my insurance covers for my glasses but I'm not sure about contacts. Anyone knowww? Thanks in advanceee! =)

ChenrukNote

Goddess
It depends on your vision plan insurance. Some cover it, some don't. You can call and ask your optometrist office about it. Oooo and enjoy prom!!! I had a blast...until well, until it ended and things started getting weird lol.

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
I'm with Nai and Noy on that. When I got my glasses and contacts last year, my insurance covered _ _% of it. It just really depends. If you're going to get contacts, what color are you going to get? Lol.​

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Awww, THANKS SO MUCH Guys! =) Well, I'm not even sure about prom yet until I get my contacts. 'hrmms.. I haven't thought about the color. I'm thinking about just have it the regular ones. 'Cause I heard you have to payy extra if you wanted colored contacts. =/

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Awww, THANKS SO MUCH Guys! =) Well, I'm not even sure about prom yet until I get my contacts. 'hrmms.. I haven't thought about the color. I'm thinking about just have it the regular ones. 'Cause I heard you have to payy extra if you wanted colored contacts. =/
Oh yeahh... color contacts cost more. :lol: Stick to regular contacts! Cheaper. :D

n_naruk

Lol. Colors does cost a bit more than regular. But it's nice tho. Hehehe.​

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Most of the major insurance company cover 80%-100% (depending on what plan you choose). I have Spectara and they cover 80% ... just order my contacts recently and only had to pay $24 ... without insurance .. I would have to pay $124 for a 6months supply.

Give ur Insurance company a call and ask them if they cover for contact exam and contact lenses ... if they do than ask them to recommend you to a eye clinic that is in their 'IN-NETWORK' ... closer to your home ... CUS if you go to the "OUT-NETWORK' ... they cover less.

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Oh, THANKS SO Much KEdoubleNY! =)

I have another question though. Are Contacts about the same prices as most Glasses?? & What is the average price for Contacts?

n_naruk

It actually depends. On the glasses, the frames and the glasses itself that costs more. Then there's the lense with your prescriptions on it. For me, the glasses costs more. The average for contacts is about $200 with the whole year supply, which is 8 boxes with 3 pairs of contacts in each box. The whole year supply is the best way to get it. Instead of having to buy one box at a time which is like $30 or more per box? But then it also depends if you're going to get regular clear or color contacts. Color contacts usually cost a bit more. But that's just on me. Don't know about others.​

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
'hrmms.. If I get contacts do I always have to renew them within a few months??

Because I was thinking about still wearing my glasses most of the time and only wear contacts for special events and stuff.

n_naruk

Well, since you're not going to wear the contacts that often, then you could just get them individually. So it won't be a waste. Lol. With contacts, you have to get an eye exam check once a year.​

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
That's sounds greaaat then! =) THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! I'm pretty sure I'm done w/ these contacts questions now, lol.

I get eye exams once a year for glasses anyways, So it should be fine. =)

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
The prices depend on the type of contacts you gonna get or what contacts the doc give or recommend U ... I have Toric 55 and its pretty expensive ... $54 (each eye) for a 6 months supply ... I wear each pair for 1 month than toss it out .. .. Just ask the Doc to recommend what is best for U ...

And yea ... Glasses are expensive when u buy it the first time but it will last U 2-3 years .. where contacts .. U have to get it every so often .. when u think about it .. contacts is way more expensive ... ju

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
Whoaa. Youre contacts are pretty expensive. But if I get mines, I'm only get them b/c of special events and stuff. I'm not wearing them always, Still want my glasses too =)