Do you like "bou hok"?

rUmX

sarNie Elites
I love "bou hok". It tastes so good. I know most people don't like it because it smells bad, but it's really good.

Does anyone here like bou hok as well?

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
oh wow are u really from Cambodia? saw that location under your name!

LOL that thing stinks but if cooked a certain way or added to a certain dish it taste good.

mskinyi

can't stand the smell... buh my mommy be tearing the crap out of it haha

K

KawaiiTennyo

what's bua hok?? you mean pahok?? hahah i dont love it.. but uhmm i like it with like boklahong.. =)

Jenavy

lol you guys are making me hungry with all the talk about pahok and the food its put into haha but i love it when its put into a dish never ate anything else never saw the actual fish really hehe

SARY

sarNie Egg
I DON'T MIND IT, ESPECIALLY USED AS A HOT & SWEET SAUCE FOR CRAB APPLES!!!!!!!!! OH IT'S MAKING ME CRAVE THAT!!!
ALTHOUGH MY HUSBAND CANNOT STAND IT, DANG HE'S ONE WEIRD KHMER GUY HEHEHEHE, HE WILL RUN OUT OF THE ROOM, HE CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE IT PROPERLY.

K

KawaiiTennyo

SARY said:
I DON'T MIND IT, ESPECIALLY USED AS A HOT & SWEET SAUCE FOR CRAB APPLES!!!!!!!!! OH IT'S MAKING ME CRAVE THAT!!!
ALTHOUGH MY HUSBAND CANNOT STAND IT, DANG HE'S ONE WEIRD KHMER GUY HEHEHEHE, HE WILL RUN OUT OF THE ROOM, HE CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE IT PROPERLY.
[post="7866"][/post]​
yummy you must be from the midwest huh?? hahah i love crab apples haha in california there's these plums small and sour it's as good as crab apples .. they only grow during may and june though if after that it's not tasty anymore

K

KawaiiTennyo

how do you make it to eat with mangoes and stuff?? anyone wanna put up the ingredients?!?!

mango

Lakornaddict ;)
I dont like the smell but I eat it with things like bohklahong n all but I havent ate it in a longgggggg time lol :D

chany_aka_jenni

sarNie Egg
mango said:
I dont like the smell but I eat it with things like bohklahong n all but I havent ate it in a longgggggg time lol :D
[post="22082"][/post]​
wow, i love bohklahong!! i eat it every summer!! khmer people can make it soo good but i really suck at it... :sweat:

knightluva

sarNie Hatchling
i used to love eating pahok but ever since i went to cambodia and seen the way they make it and the way they sell it in the market.. boy i would never want to taste that thing again.. I swear, its totally disgusting if you see the way they make it or sell it.