do you know how

donna

sarNie Adult
just wondering who in here knows how to cook any kind of Lao food?

i know how to make stir fry, gang(chicken only!), marinate meat for frying or baking
i don't really cook Lao food. i live by myself so i mostly eat American foods. easier to make... haha

what about you?

Keomany

Music.heal.All
hahah my college experience so far is fast food..and only home cook laos food when i go home..i got to admit i miss it more then anything

donna

sarNie Adult
haha that's sad... it seems like no one knows how to cook our own nationality food. my excuse is that when i used to live with my mom, i was always at work so i didn't have time to watch how she cooks.

so wat's urs?

shubby

sarNie Adult
ask me and i will cook for you..i'm good at cooking laotian food naa..i can make anything...YUMMY!!!

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
I can make some, not all. Only recipe I can't make is Cao Phoon. Everytime I eat it, I always take the liver/blood out.

donna

sarNie Adult
everyone can eat it well. i love certain lao food. but i never mastered the art of cooking it! haha

Leila

sarNie Juvenile
I can make a lot of things...Thum buk hoong...Ka piek...Gang gai...Thum kow poun...I can neung kow...Im tyring to get my mom to teach me how to make laab gai, lao sausages, and whatever, I love to cook.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
what do u want to know how to cook? i love lao food. i like the authentic and traditional lao food. i can cook just about everything from any kind of gangs to aurm, to larb...

i grew up with lots of siblings and my parents are a lot older so i've grown to help out since i was 7. started off with having to be there to help, then what i like i wanted to learn and then watch and learn and cook...

it's actually fun. i go places and i'll be in the kitchen helping them cook; the o gs would be wow ur so young but u know a lot about cooking...

it's always good to hear that hehe....

donna

sarNie Adult
oh there isn't something that i want to know how to cook. i just want to know if there are lao folks out there like me who don't know how to cook and apparently there are quite a few! haha

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
I know how to cook some laos food but not all of them.

To name only a few:

1) Nam Kao
2) Kao Piek
3) Papaya Salad
4) Krua Mee (Stir Fry Noodles)

noungning

Heartless
lol um what is cooking? LMAO well i gotta say, my bf says i make the best boiled eggs in the world! :p

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know how to cook, only two things I can make, rice & thum maak houng. But then, sometimes I don't even make those perfect..lol

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
When you guys eat Thum Mak Houng. How many freakin chilis do you throw in????

3 is good enough for me. My taste buds set on fire literally.

donna

sarNie Adult
i don't even know how to make tum muk hoong. actually tum anything. usually my aunt, sister, or mom makes it for me or i go to the laos store and buy it from them. my taste runs pretty hot so sometimes it be like 10 and up.

i agree with the rice thing. i sometimes can't even make that right too. that's so sad... lmao funny...

rugrats81

sarNie Hatchling
oh, i love lao food. i love it even more since i dont have it regularly so what i have been doing is buying cook books. but they did not really help me much because the recipes in these book are not authenthic lao food . most of the books i have are written by non lao people. what i do is go online and find recipes. i know how to make kao piek (i asked my grandma). i recently tried making kao poon and nam khao. they were ok. i know how to tum anthing. sometime it is the bomb and sometime it is ok.

i want a recipe for bamboo shoot soup with yanang (gang nour mai). when my family makes it they put in squash, and those mushroom that pops when you eat it. mmmmmm, i miss it

KEO

sarNie Egg
I know cook Lao,thai and some canadian food. My mom teach me at send i was 5 years ago!but i love to baking more than cook.