DJ Ano seriously injured

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling

Rumor mills: Little hope for DJ Ano to survive from the razor blades attack
07 Nov 2008
Rasmei Kampuchea
Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy

Even though sources from the Cambodian police and from the court claimed that there is no information and no complaint about the razor blade torture perpetrated on TV presenter DJ Ano, several artists confirmed that “violence on DJ Ano did occur and she is currently in serious condition.”

Information about the razor blade attack on the entire body of DJ Ano was reported by the Sophorn and Procheaprey (Popular) magazines.

DJ Ano, whose birth name is Suon Pheakdei, is a well known presenter of TV3 station in Phnom Penh. She is not a very young star anymore, as she is now 27-year-old.

In its 16th edition published for the period of 02-15 November 2008, the Sophorn magazine reported that the wife of a high ranking official kidnapped her, had her head shaved and her face cut with razor blades because this wife was angry that DJ Ano had an affair with her husband. The magazine claimed that DJ Ano was sent to Vietnam and that there is little hope that she will survive the attack. The report did not provide details about where and when the almost fatal assault took place.

Chuon Narin, chief of the serious crimes in Phnom Penh, told Rasmei Kampuchea in the afternoon of 06 November that: “I heard this information also. My force went to do research on it, but there is no sure source that could confirm it up to now, and there is no complaint brought up about this case either.”

General Touch Naroth, Phnom Penh police commissioner, made the same statement also, and the Phnom Penh court claimed that there was no complaint about DJ Ano’s case.

Nevertheless, some artists claimed that DJ Ano who was attacked by razor blades has only about 20% chance of survival because she lost too much blood from the attack. However, these sources asked to remain anonymous.

Special artists from TV3 channel claimed that the attack on DJ Ano was perpetrated by the wife of high ranking official who ordered 3-4 of her bodyguards to kidnap DJ Ano and threw her in a car. At first, the bodyguards used razor blades to shave DJ Ano hair, they then proceeded to cut her face with the blades also. Later on, they cut her entire body from top to bottom with razor blades and even her genital part was not spared. The source added that DJ Ano was very seriously injured and her family rushed her out of the country for medical care.

All the sources consulted by Rasmei Kampuchea claimed that the razor attack on DJ Ano is 100% true, and some even gave the name of the country where DJ Ano was sent to for medical care. According to one group of sources, she would be sent to Malaysia, while a second group claimed that she was sent to Vietnam instead. It appears that information from the second group is more accurate because Rasmei Kampuchea received the news on 06 November that she was sent to Vietnam.

The source consulted by Rasmei Kampuchea indicated that, as of now, there is only 20% chance that DJ Ano will survive because she lost too much blood during the attack.

DJ Ano was born as Suon Pheakei, she used to have a love relationship with a Filipino man and a Thai man. After her breakup from her Filipino boyfriend, she was asked for marriage by a Cambodian expat living in the US. Following her breakup with her fiancé from the US, DJ Ano received a warning from a woman telling her to be careful because she may be splashed with acid. The Sophorn magazine claimed that prior to her liaison with the high ranking government official, she was linked to the owner of massage parlor.

DJ Ano did not have any relatives in Phnom Penh, and her house is Phnom Penh is unknown. But, a number of sources indicated that she had an adopted elder sister, and that this sister would be an important witness in this attack case.

Up to now, TV3 does not the whereabout of DJ Ano. Kong Socheat from TV3 claimed that DJ Ano did not come to the station for the past 2-3 weeks.

Liaison with a married man is believed to be the source of this violent attack case.
http://ki-media.blogspot.com/2008/11/rumor...-dj-ano-to.html

it's really sad that someone like that high ranking official's wife would do this to another human being. i really hate ppl w/ power and money, who think they can do anything to hurt others and get away w/ it bc our gov't is so corrupted. i hope karma bites that woman really hard in the arse.

i hope it's just rumor. if not, i pray that vj ano will be alright and recover soon.

russe

sarNie Adult
this is so sad, I hope its not true either. I thought this stuff only happen in lakorn. VJ ano is so beautiful and talented. I'm so disappointed hearing about these Official's wife. There's no human rights in Cambodia at all. Its really scary for the actors, actress, singers or any entertainer. I see why a lot of Khmer Celebrities just want to come to America, who can blame them.

thanks Rainydays

yak

sarNie Adult
omg.. another crimes.. i hope this not true.. those damn high rank people.. if this is true, they need to stop bugging people so they wont get hurt.. tired of hearing the samething about these high rank B**tches.. sorry but omg.. it makes me really mad hearing this..

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm feel sorry for her, even i don't know who she is... is she very famous? actress, singer?

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
it's really sad that someone like that high ranking official's wife would do this to another human being. i really hate ppl w/ power and money, who think they can do anything to hurt others and get away w/ it bc our gov't is so corrupted. i hope karma bites that woman really hard in the arse.

i hope it's just rumor. if not, i pray that vj ano will be alright and recover soon.
:eek: Yes I so agree with you, that is so sad and very disturbing for someone to do such a hideous crime like that to other human being. Why didn't she just chop off husband instead of torturing other woman?
With so much corruption in the country and with the guy status, if there is an affair going on, I'm sure is not hard for him to force other girl to be his mistress, so why didn't the wife do something about her husband instead of blaming other girl. :eek: :rolleyes:
This is so evil and inhuman to even think about it, let alone going thru with torturing someone. If this story is true(well I believe is true) I'm sure the evil wife is counting her days. She will suffer alot more.

I don't know who DJ Ano is, but I wish her all the best and hope she recovered and in good spirit and doesn't feel pain or suffer both physical and emotion more than what she has been thru. :(

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
:eek: Yes I so agree with you, that is so sad and very disturbing for someone to do such a hideous crime like that to other human being. Why didn't she just chop off husband instead of torturing other woman?
With so much corruption in the country and with the guy status, if there is an affair going on, I'm sure is not hard for him to force other girl to be his mistress, so why didn't the wife do something about her husband instead of blaming other girl. :eek: :rolleyes:
This is so evil and inhuman to even think about it, let alone going thru with torturing someone. If this story is true(well I believe is true) I'm sure the evil wife is counting her days. She will suffer alot more.

I don't know who DJ Ano is, but I wish her all the best and hope she recovered and in good spirit and doesn't feel pain or suffer both physical and emotion more than what she has been thru. :(
my mom said a lot pretty girls are forced into relationships w/ these high ranking officials because they have the power to do anything to you if you don't act accordingly to their demands.

i feel really bad for women in cambodia that they're always taken for granted and barely have rights. i wished i could do something to help change the law and put these criminals in jail, where they can rotten for the rest of their lives.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
my mom said a lot pretty girls are forced into relationships w/ these high ranking officials because they have the power to do anything to you if you don't act accordingly to their demands.

i feel really bad for women in cambodia that they're always taken for granted and barely have rights. i wished i could do something to help change the law and put these criminals in jail, where they can rotten for the rest of their lives.
I have no doubt about that, and I'm sure with a little bit of money and bits of power, they will force or do anything they want as well, no need to be the higher ranking officials.

Same thing with Thai dara/actress, the pretty one with no high ranking family status got taking advantage by the one in power as well. I have heard of few actress, but I won't name any names, because I have no physical prove, just words from someone that is close to them.

So for women to be living in a Country with corruptions and social status being views as important it's very easy to be over powered or controlled by idiot that use their power to harm others.

Good educations is usually the key to many opportunity and bring change to person's life. So to help change the mind set of many of these backward men and their ego is to educate the populations at large and help them built and bring change to the Country and all these Corrupt Criminal Justices.
So if you want to help, you can start by looking into the education system and start from there. It might takes years or decades, but it's a start.

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
I have no doubt about that, and I'm sure with a little bit of money and bits of power, they will force or do anything they want as well, no need to be the higher ranking officials.

Same thing with Thai dara/actress, the pretty one with no high ranking family status got taking advantage by the one in power as well. I have heard of few actress, but I won't name any names, because I have no physical prove, just words from someone that is close to them.

So for women to be living in a Country with corruptions and social status being views as important it's very easy to be over powered or controlled by idiot that use their power to harm others.

Good educations is usually the key to many opportunity and bring change to person's life. So to help change the mind set of many of these backward men and their ego is to educate the populations at large and help them built and bring change to the Country and all these Corrupt Criminal Justices.
So if you want to help, you can start by looking into the education system and start from there. It might takes years or decades, but it's a start.

yeah, thanks. i will consider that option.

that is absolutely terrible! gosh, that's just so typical of cambodia-- it's a dangerous place. for women in the cambodian entertainment industries, it's like they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. they have little choice but succumb to those high-so men and politicians, because if they don't have an affair with those men, the men will send people to harm them. however, if they do, then those mens' wives will send people after them. the fact remains; they have difficult and harsh lives in cambodia. everything is so corrupt...those in the entertainment industry in cambodia (specifically the women) are in so much danger such as this...it's so severe and absolutely terrible...

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
Its very sad to hear.. Not to criticize my own race, but some khmer ppl are very selfish M0th@@ F@@kers!!!... especially the ones with power... They think that just because the got money, they are god.

This type of crime has happened before, with Pisit Pilika, Touch SreyNich, etc... and the blame goes to the victim for taking someone elses husband or some shit like that.

the wives of these men, should do a lorena bobbit on their own husband before they think about harming others.

comparing rights of women in Cambodia, is like women in Middle East<<even though i believe we have a little more rights ( showing skin, education)
but more than likely the same, cause generally they would take a man's words over a female...

Well I hope DJ ANo pulls through, so she can laugh in her capturer's face!!

cambodia is still so very patriarchal...and the wives of those high-ranking officials want to keep their status, which they gained through their husbands, so they would not ever dream of divorcing their husbands (which would be rare anyways, unless the husband initiated the divorce)...but they hate the thought of their husbands with other women...they couldn't harm their husbands because it's patriarchal and their husbands could have them killed or whatnot, so the only way is for them to take it out on the mistress...the husbands, of course, don't really care what happens to their mistress(es)...and that's just the sad truth...

yak

sarNie Adult
cambodia is still so very patriarchal...and the wives of those high-ranking officials want to keep their status, which they gained through their husbands, so they would not ever dream of divorcing their husbands (which would be rare anyways, unless the husband initiated the divorce)...but they hate the thought of their husbands with other women...they couldn't harm their husbands because it's patriarchal and their husbands could have them killed or whatnot, so the only way is for them to take it out on the mistress...the husbands, of course, don't really care what happens to their mistress(es)...and that's just the sad truth...
i agree...

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
I feel bad for her! I just finish watching her movie with Heng Bunlep and Veth Rathna! I hope she recover soon! I found there all more young actress,model ,and singer have been attack base on affair with high ranking official or something like that.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
God! Imagine the pain and suffering the poor girl went thru during the attack! I get a paper cut and already whining like a bi-yach!

Man, what a heartless bitch this wife is. And on top of that, that damn husband is the most sinful one! Whatever payback the wife gets for her sins, I hope the husband gets 10x more! If he would just be true to his wife then none of this would ever happen!

Natsume

sarNie Adult
UPDATES

Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Written by Meas Sokchea
The Phnom Penh Post

Local magazine claims the popular TV presenter returned to Cambodia last week unharmed despite reported razor attack

POLICE have no plans to investigate the alleged attack on popular television presenter DJ Ano and her subsequent disappearance from public view since no complaint has been filed in the case, senior police officials told the Post.

"How can we investigate it?" said Interior Ministry Penal Police Chief Mok Chito, adding that neither Ano, whose real name is Suon Pheakdei, nor her family have lodged a formal complaint.

Rumours have been swirling that Ano was attacked with razor blades by the wife of a high-ranking official and that, fearing for her life and in desperate need of medical treatment, she fled to Vietnam.

But the Khmer-language newspaper Rasmey Kampuchea reported Monday that the starlet has denied ever being attacked and would file a lawsuit against anyone claiming that she was the victim of an assault.

Seng Sitheang, the publisher of Angkor Thom magazine, said that his colleague met with Ano last week and that he took 85 photos of her that showed no evidence of an attack.

Him Vichet, a reporter at Angkor Thom magazine, said Ano returned to Cambodia on November 9 without any visible injuries and that he interviewed her the following day.

"I looked at her, and her face and body are still the same. There were no scars on her. Her face is still nice," Him Vichet said.

Ano told Him Vichet that she did not go to Vietnam, but instead went on a three-country tour, he said.

Ano's employer, TV3 Director General Kham Poun Keomony, called her case "her own personal story" and did not know details of her disappearance.

He said, however, that he had heard that Ano was healthy.

"I do not know her whereabouts, but I have heard that she is well. If she is well, we will welcome her back at TV3," Kham Poun Keomony said.

http://ki-media.blogspot.com/2008/11/polic...nto-dj-ano.html

I really don't know what to believe right now....