Discussion Question Help

Hey sarnies... I am trying to do my DQ and I can't come up with any more suggestions... Does anyone how ideas that I can add into my paper so it sound better... hehe... Thanks!

Michael Dell, the CEO of Dell, has been making sweeping changes in everything from personnel and partnerships to acquisitions and distribution since he returned to the chief executive role in 2007. He has made it clear that he is determined to change almost everything about the company he started 25 years ago. He has even installed an almost entirely new management team to help with the turnaround (seven of his 10 direct reports are new).

The company has been restructured to sharpen its focus on customers, and it is branching out into services, software, and new hardware categories (such as smart phones and tablet-like devices), according to the BusinessWeek article, "Dell's Do-Over" (October 26, 2009). The new Dell will require completely different skills than the old company, including flexibility, customer focus, and innovation. It will be interesting to see if he can pull this off because changing a management approach is one of the toughest undertakings in business.

Questions to consider:

1. If you were an executive at Dell, what types of changes would you make to the company? How can it become more customer-focused?

2. What types of products and/or services do you think Dell should offer? How do these products or services give Dell an advantage?

darvil

sarNie Adult
1.) Stay away from lower earning profit hardwares such as netbooks and focus on more profitable products such as laptops. Give better warranty and reduce the turn around rate. Offer easy ways to help customers restore their machine and stop the nickle and diming of services.

2.) Focus more on non-microsoft OS and start building up a customer base on linux (which is an emerging market). Maybe dell can get into remote assisted customer support.

Thats all I can think of.

1.) Stay away from lower earning profit hardwares such as netbooks and focus on more profitable products such as laptops. Give better warranty and reduce the turn around rate. Offer easy ways to help customers restore their machine and stop the nickle and diming of services.

2.) Focus more on non-microsoft OS and start building up a customer base on linux (which is an emerging market). Maybe dell can get into remote assisted customer support.

Thats all I can think of.
Thanks u