[Discussion] Ch.3 Remakes of 2012 and Its Previous Version

Rak Prakasit

• Total voters

Asy

sarNie Immature
It's already December. This year gonna be my second year anniversary of watching addicted to lakorns lmao. #offtopic
Maybe it's only me but I can't help but to notice that this year, Ch.3 remade many popular lakorns. (I think the lakorns were top b/c I read a lot about those lakorns.)
This year, they remade 2 lakorns of Andy and also Ann. I start to think they two should just pair up in a lakorn...

The lakorns are:

Rak Prakasit
Buang (sadly this isn't on the poll b/c I've no idea who were in the previous version lol)
Thoranee Ni Nee Krai Krong
Rak Gert Nai Talad Sod
Panyachon Kon Krua
Raeng Ngao

Anyway, the title of the poll is "Which version you liked?" (I use the pranang's name instead of year b/c I don't really remember the year the previous version was made, I don't mean you to vote which pranang you liked more), and

these are my questions:

#Which one is the best lakorn? In term of storyline, casts blablabla

#Which remake is the best lakorn?

#The boringest remake? (the previous version was better)

#Which couple (both previous, remake) you liked the most?

#Do you think Kim and Janie were success to remake Anne? Maybe they're better than Anne?

#In remake versions, which one you adore more (as in how they pulled off the character or maybe you just liked the character, but not too fond of the actor) between Nadech and Mario? Were they better than Andrew?

#Which actor(s) / actress(es) impressed you a lot?

#Do you wish to see those lakorns above to be remade again? If yes, what should they add and get rid off?

#Anything you wish to share...

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
The votes I made were based on which ones I've seen. I never saw any of the older versions and some of the newer versions as well. I voted for the newer versions because I like the actors and actresses. But one that I know I like for sure was the remake of PCKK. I love both Mark and Kim and their version was very sweet as I heard from other people.

fun

Expired Sarnie
LMAO it is unfair to add in the who does a better remake when none of the other channels remake of this year were listed.

I personally enjoyed Num and Ning version of Ruk Prakasit. I couldn't finish Poh and Aff's version. There was no chemistry and they made Aff too feisty annoying instead of fesity strong but not overly annoying. Although I dislike the second half of Num and Ning's version, I still prefer it over Poh and Aff's version.

For Buang, I did not watch the older version but I believe even if I was to watch it, Buang was a fantastic lakorn so my pick would still be Rome and Rita's version.

For Raeng Ngao, of course my answer would be too obvious, definitely Ken and Ann's version. Ken and Janie's version was good. I do not have any complaints of the actors but it lack the realism that Ken and Ann's had. I partial blame the script. Like someone mentioned, it was trying to hard to beat the older version by making everything grander (lol not a word but whatever).

Ruk Gerd Nai Talad Sode definitely goes to Mario and Margie. Andrew annoyed the hell out of me but OMG Mario is so adorable, how can you possibly hate his character. He really made Tong come alive. Mario deserved an awesome reward for his outstanding portrayal.

Toranee Ni Nee Krai Krong has to be a tie for me. I have my likes and dislikes for each version and it was a close tie. I couldn't weigh it out like the others. But I voted for Yadech lol just because I love them as a overall couple. And their chemistry was awesome as always. It is second to my favorite Yadech lakorn with DJA nabbing first. My least favorite would have to be GRGR.

PCKK hands down to Mark and Kim. I love Ann but I like the upbeat and overall production. But I guess you can say I am being unfair because technology is much better than it was before.

I honestly do not wish for remakes but I don't mind them either. I am waiting for certain lakorns to be remade haha Even though I was not asked which one, there's a thread for that already so go check it out there.

Buang and Ruk Gerd Nai Talad Sode

Buang and Ruk Gerd Nai Talad Sode

Ruk Prakasit 2012 (there was two version previous to Poh and Aff's version)

Toranee Ni Nee Krai Krong and Raeng Ngao (Yadech, Andrew/Pok, Ken/Ann, Ken/Janie)

#Do you think Kim and Janie were success to remake Anne? Maybe they're better than Anne?
No. As much as I love Kim and Janie, never. Ann has too much both subjectively and objectively "good" lakorns on her resume. But Kim did justice. As for Janie, it is not her acting that was the problem. It was the rewritten script.

#In remake versions, which one you adore more (as in how they pulled off the character or maybe you just liked the character, but not too fond of the actor) between Nadech and Mario? Were they better than Andrew?
Mario. Just because he has done much more of a variety compare to Nadech. But I would say they are at the same level. Both of them are great actors as well as Andrew.

Rita, her performance in Buang is worthy of an award. Her character's love for her children really moved me. The way she cried and went hysterical when she wanted to protect and save her children. Definitely Margie. This year is really her year.

#Do you wish to see those lakorns above to be remade again? If yes, what should they add and get rid off?
None.

Nope. Btwn this should have been in the poll section.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Definitely Buang, was indeed an excellent lakorn and the casting was perfection.

Again, Buang.

Torranee Ni Nee Krai Krong, i finished it but for a majority of it was just dull, i couldn't watch it wholeheartedly.

Rome and Rita for Buang.

N/A just yet, i have yet to watch their lakorns.

I love Mario and Nadech is Andrew's past roles slightly more than i did with Andrew. I still did like Andrew's portrayal of Tong but Andrew didn't give it his all with the comedy. Mario is just gold in RKNTS.

No main pra'nangs have blown me away yet so far (i have yet to watch RN so i might change this post later on) but as for supporting characters i would say Deaw Suriyont blew me away with his character in RKNTS, honestly i found him overshadowing Mario's character at times.

Rak Prakasit. Poh and Aff had minimal chemistry and none of them shined in their roles. Pat was an awful choice for the crazy chick role. I would have wanted a better n'ek character (Paa Jaew needs to put some variety in his n'ek, they are all loud, bratty and overly "strong") The romantic story should have been played out better as well, this lakorn was so bland.

suayrerdcherdsode

sarNie Adult
Sadly, I haven't seen of the old versions of the lakorns listed above but Raeng Ngao with Ken Phupoom and Janie this year was so friggin good! It has to be my favorite lakorn this year. Buang with Rome and Rita was good too. I didn't plan on watching that lakorn but caught my Mom watching it and was immediately into it. Buang made me like Rita.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I haven't seen the new versions.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Rak Prakasit - Num & Ning
Thoranee Nee Ni Krai Krong - Andrew & Pok
Rak Kerd Nai Talad Sode - Andrew & Aom
Punya Chon Khon Krua - Neither, I prefer Ann & Puri's version
Raeng Ngao - Ken & Anne

Satisfied with Ch3 remakes? - Uh no. I didn't like any of the newer renditions at all with the exception of RKNTS. I enjoyed Mario's performance but that was about it.

Which Channel is the best 'remaker'? - lol. I wouldn't regard any of them as the "best" but I'll gravitate towards Ch3.

Do you want Ch3 to continue remaking lakorns? - Even if I said no, it wouldn't matter because they will definitely continue to remake everything until they have no more options. Remake or not, I just want a good quality lakorn.

----

#Which one is the best lakorn? In term of storyline, casts - I'd go with Buang.

#Which remake is the best lakorn? I haven't watched the older version of Buang but it was probably one of the more better lakorns of last year IMHO.

#The boringest remake? - Oh gee. It's a tie between RP and TNNKK. I like P'Poh but I could careless for everything else. I'm one of the rare fans who actually liked TNNKK but Yadech's version went wrong in so many different directions. The way the story was delivered, the dialogue, the distrubution of screen time etc. I didn't like Nadech's portrayal of Arthit and I personally felt like he lost composure many times.

#Which couple (both previous, remake) you liked the most? Honestly, none. 

#Do you think Kim and Janie were success to remake Anne? Maybe they're better than Anne? LOL. I don't think Anne/Au's version of PCKK was even that great to the point where it needed to be remade. As for Janie, I didn't care for her acting. Perhaps it's the way the director wanted her to act out the roles but to me, she was too harsh and her eyes were so dead for both twins. In both characters, Anne is a lot better and more natural.

I liked Mario's portrayal slightly better than Andrew but as Arthit, it's definitely Andrew.

Mario and Rita. I've always been interested in Mario and I've been following his works for a little while but I didn't end up being a fan until recently because I feel like he's one of the most versatile and charasmatic of all the younger actors. I regard Rita as a decent actress but I was really impressed with how she handled her role, especially during dramatic scenes. She cries beautifully!

Nope.

haha, remake all you want but take advantage of all the actors and actresses you have and create different pairings.

an93lik

sarNie Hatchling
Rak Prakasit
Thoranee Ni Nee Krai Krong
Rak Gert Nai Talad Sod
Panyachon Kon Krua
Raeng Ngao

As I didn't watch Rak Prakasit, I will have to exclude it from my decision.

I really like Punya Chon Kon Krua with Mark and Kimberley.  It is light and funny and upbeat.  The cast and crew works well together.

I like Yadech, love their chemistry together.

I love Ann she is one of my favorite Thai actress.  Even though I love Ann, I like the remake of Punya Chon Kon Krua better.  I love the the way the cast just brings everything together.  Granted like someone else said there are more technology now than back then but this version of Punya Chon Kon Krua is more upbeat and lively.

Kim impressed me a lot.  I love her in Punya Chon Kon Krua.  Her portrayal of Cha'im proved that she can take diverse roles.

I don't mind remakes, I like to see how other actors and actresses can portray characters than the previous version(s).

There are a lot of remakes of Ann's Lakorns lately.  I do want to see Yadech in one of Ann's lakorns as well.  Maybe Rattikarn Yod Rak or Manee Yard Fah.  If it's Manee Yard Fah, Nadech will have to buff up for that one, lol.