Difference between Period lakorn and Boran lakorn

Step

Mrs James Ma
Idk what makes them different. Only difference I see is the costume. What era is for Boran and Period? Is the language is also change?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Boran lakorns are generally fantasy type lakorns deals with magic powers, spells, kingdoms, and etc. Some Period lakorns are similar, but not as much. Example some boran lakorns have flying horses, monsters, talking animals, and etc. I guess if you compare Boran lakorns to anything popular in America it would be like Game of Thrones and Period Lakorns would be like Reign, Vikings, Spartacus, Etc. 
Period lakorns generally depict history, but also has some magic, but mostly black magic. 
Language is very different, but in certain ones they can sound very similar depending on how far back the period lakorn goes back 

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I always thought Boran is the ancient time, the Kings/Queens era where Gods and Human converse, also the Vikings as well because Vikings believes in Gods and their Valhalla.

While Period is more like the Victoria era type of settings.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Boran is like a folklore.
And period lakorn is fiction based in a certain time period. Well some period lakorn can be based a real situation or person/people.

That is pretty much the difference of the two. You can tell them apart easily. But I do notice that a few people use the two term interchangeably which is in accurate but I can understand the confusion. boran=old. Old means a time period in the past.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I used to love Boran lakorns. My first was Jindasamoot, it was on the same time as ET hahaha. Kind of tells you my age :loool:. I don't enjoy the Borans today because there's just too much going on and I like how in the old days the narration was told more poetic or in "korn" vs ram see plai (not sure how to translate that lol). My favorite boran lakorn was Uthaitaevee. Still remember the song and back then I wanted frogs and turtles as pets lol. :coverlaf:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Boran is the stories of legends and myths. Hence they show magic and mythical creatures. Period can be anything either fiction or non-fiction in the time era that we know of.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
To me, Boran lakorns are like fairytales. They have kings, queens, princes, princesses, kingdoms, and witches. Lol. Period is more like a documentary. It takes place at a specific time during historical or non-historical events. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Boran lakorns rattle my nerves lol. I think mainly they make the Pra'ek so dumb and just plain gullible. I remembered watching them in the days and wanted to scream. And then, he has wives in every corner. And the black magic is used in almost every boran lakorn. Some goes overboard in making the Pra'ek fall under it till like the last episode. But my mom loves those lakorns so I have to watch with her and wanted to throw something at the TV at the same time.

To me, period lakorn is romantic. Something about that particular time is such an effortless romantic scenery. The men are sexier and the way of living is just....well different. I always say, that is the one time I want to go back to...my husband always tell me I would never survive in those time but it doesn't matter. I still want to travel back in time to see how it is.

m9saeteurn1

sarNie Adult
Wanida, NNS and Roy Mai would be period correct? Even tho Roy Mai has black magic and the ugly looking ghost.I have not watched a Boran lakorn yet.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Boran Wardrobe. They're more like fairy tales. Very princess like with imaginary creatures like giants and witches.

Period Wardrobe. It can be anything depicting a certain era like 1800s to 1950s. It's more realistic.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Both boran and period's language usage is different. They're not so different where it's a different language but there's enough differences to know that each era is different and which is in which on the timeline.

I used to love boran lakorns up until they began extending it ridiculously and adding stupid plots to it like Sung Tong, where it literally took a whole year to end. Smh. Haha.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Thank you so much. Now I understood lol
Mahalo said:
Boran Wardrobe. They're more like fairy tales. Very princess like with imaginary creatures like giants and witches.

Period Wardrobe. It can be anything depicting a certain era like 1800s to 1950s. It's more realistic.

P

PrincessKarina

Oh wow! I understand the difference a bit better now! Thank you! :)