Degree of Love / Prinya Ruk (Completed)

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I wonder what going to happened next. Poor Why. I hope nothing bad happen in the next chapter between Why & Prinya.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
finally i caught up with this fic.

argh...the misuderstanding is making me go crazy lol
hope nothing bad happens to their relationship again.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter NINETEEN

Why couldn’t stand it. His wife was cheating on him! He didn’t know whether he should go in to intervene or to leave and see if she will tell him the truth later on. He decides to leave with a heart ache.

Prinya turns around and gets out of Wiwat’s grasps.

Prinya: Oh. So sorry about that. I should have folded my pant leg up more.

Wiwat: (just figured out what he was about to do) Oh. That’s okay. Hey I have to go home now.

Prinya: Okay. I’m going to continue practicing for a bit more. See you tomorrow? Practice here again same time perhaps?

Wiwat: (still pondering) Yeah. (Walk out)

Why left and tried to figure out what he just saw.

Why: (thinking) Can’t believe she did that. Even though we agreed on a false marriage, our marriage is still legal. She shouldn’t have done that. What if someone else saw? Stupid Wiwat. She’s taken.

The phone rings and Why didn’t want to answer it. But he decided to answer it in case it was Lamb. It would be payback time.

Tate: Yo, Why? You want to meet up for drinks?

Why: Sure.

The two went and sat at the bar counter.

Tate: This is weird. Usually you wouldn’t be caught here on a school night.

Why: It’s that obvious?

Tate: You’re fighting with your dearest wife? (laugh; then sees Why is serious still)

Why: No, we didn’t fight. It’s just. I saw her leaning in to kiss another man.

Tate: Really? She made the first move? Sweet. Now I can make a move.

Why: (glare at Tate) What?

Tate: (laughing) Kidding! Stop taking things so seriously. I only have eyes on one girl right now. That’s Mituna.

Why: Yeah. Thanks for trying to be cool and lying to me about liking her.

Tate: Those dudes in the band were observant. You couldn’t even tell I was lying. But they knew I liked her.

Why: Whatever.

Tate: And you know. I think you’ve fallen for your wife.

Why: No. How can I?

Tate: It’s called Love.

Why: How do you know what love is?

Tate: Because I’ve been in love in the past. Now I’m in love again.

Why: Maybe I only like her because I can’t have her. She doesn’t come to me like all the other girls.

Tate: Maybe. But dude. You know you’re in love if you think about her almost all the time. You hate seeing her with another guy. Even if that guy is most unlikely. You want to be with her every moment.

Why: (thinking) Gosh, he’s right. I have been thinking about her a lot. I even got jealous of Tate.

Tate: You especially know you’re in love if you stalk the girl.

Why: Cut the crap! That’s not true.

Tate: (laugh) Yes it is. Like, I plan to go see Mituna at practice every day.

Why: Shouldn’t you find time to practice your dancing? What if you lose to Tum?

Tate: No way am I going to lose. I’m pro.

Why: Pro? That’s only in your head.

Tate: Hey, I’ve won several battles. My suggestion to you is that you admit you’re in love. I’m not cocky or anything.

Why: (drink another shot; slam glass down) Okay. I love Prinya.

Tate: Great way to admit it. Classy (laugh)

Why: Thanks. But I now know I love her. I admit I love her. There. I get freakin’ jealous of her, I want to see her all the time. But she doesn’t like me!

Tate: That’s how life works. That’s why I say you fight for her. She’s your wife after all.

Meanwhile, Wiwat walked home from school. He needed time to clear his head of the adultery he was about to commit.

Wiwat: What was I thinking? (shout) I almost kissed the girl I like and make her into a bad person! (calm down) She would’ve hated me forever after that kiss. Why? Why? Why does she have to be taken? (leans to pick up dirt from the ground; throws it; screams). Ahhh!

Suddenly someone drove their motorcycle by.

Kong: Hey Wi. What’s up? You need a ride home? Your clothes has dust all over. There’s no wind today. Why you screaming?

Wiwat: Told you not to call me Wi.

Kong: Fine. Sorry. You know we do it just to make a laugh.

Wiwat: I don’t find it funny.

Kong: Why so down?

Wiwat: Nothing. Take me home.

Kong: Alright.

The next morning Tate decided to go see Mituna at practice. Mituna went without Prinya. Prinya gave Mituna her driver. Prinya got up and started to get ready for school.

Prinya: (walking out of bathroom) Whoa.

Why: (look at Prinya with angry face) Stop blocking.

Prinya: (surprised that he’s back to the cold Why) Sorry (sarcastically)

Prinya wonder what is wrong with Why, but she had to hurry and catch the motorbike to school.

At the band practice, Tate showed up.

Tum: What are you doing here?

Tate: Here to see Mituna practice.

Tum: Shouldn’t you find time to practice dancing?

Tate: I will do okay (not showing that he knows how to dance)

Tum: Well, you better watch out. I practice everyday because I want her to be with the best guy for her.

Tate: I am the best guy for her.

Mituna: (hates being the middle) Stop it to both of you. You’re both lucky I even agreed to the deal. It’s practice time. So let’s use it wisely. Tate you can either leave now or sit quietly on that couch over there. Is that okay with everyone else?

Wiwat: Yeah. Sit. (still gloomy about yesterday)

At the end of the first song Tate clapped for Mituna. Tum got annoyed but held his jealousy in.

-----------
No spoiler. Sorry. I didn't reread what I wrote for this chapter and wrote chapter 20 today and realized that I already addressed it in this chapter. Now I have to tweak chapter 20.

jeeja

Tate is funny. he made Why admit it in such a funny way. :p

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter TWENTY

The dance battle day has finally arrived. Tate is full of confidence. He had gone to the Trust band practices every day so that Mituna will see that he is serious about her.

Mituna: (to Prinya) Yeah. Tate is always at practice.

Prinya: He likes you.

Mituna: He’s just playing with me. I heard what he said that day you were leaving.

Prinya: But, didn’t he admit he liked you when you first met Trust?

Mituna: That’s because he’s just trying to win my heart and fool around with me.

Prinya: He told me he liked you. I believe him.

Mituna: You barely see him. And you believe him?

Prinya: For some reason I do. You know how I get those feelings.

Mituna: You should tell that to yourself.

Prinya: Hey!

Mituna: You should just tell Wiwat you know he has a thing for you.

Prinya: But, I don’t know what else to say to him after that. It’s better to just pretend like I’m clueless.

Mituna: If you just tell him you love your husband then he can truly move on.

Prinya: I still don’t know if I really do love Why. I don’t know if what I’m feeling is just seeing him every day or something more. Plus, if I do love him, he doesn’t feel the same way.

Mituna: Are you sure? People say love is blind. Maybe he loves you too, but you keep worrying about how he’s feeling towards you and you’re not being open.

Prinya: (thinking) Maybe I have changed. I’m not as open with my feelings. I’m hiding how I feel. (to Mituna) This feeling is hard to describe. I’ve never felt like this towards anyone before. I am scared that if I say something first, he’ll laugh at me. Then I would have to live another 1 ½ years in embarrassment to think that we can be a real married couple.

Mituna: Fine. Suit yourself. You can continue to hide your feelings. But as your best friend, I’m telling you to tell both men how you feel about both of them.

Prinya: I’ll think about it. Oh, did you record the songs yet?

Mituna: We are going to do that after the dance battle.

Prinya: Hopefully Tum won’t be upset when he loses.

Mituna: How do you know he’s going to lose?

Prinya: I have a feeling Tate will work hard to win your heart and get things straightened out with you.

Mituna: (smile) Okay. I hope you’re right. I hope he really is sincere. I noticed your husband works all the time now. What is wrong with him?

Prinya: I don’t know. I haven’t seen him. I’ve been practicing for the show. Wiwat tries to keep his distance when we practice too. But, I think I’m going to tell him it is a performance and we need to act.

Mituna: Good idea. That way you two will win.

Prinya: Yep.

Tate packed his clothes and grabbed his car keys. He walked out to his car and unlocked it. He smiled and smirked a bit with full confidence.

Tate: (talking to self) I have to win this battle. No worries. The only way to win is to be confident.

Back at the school, Tum changed into another school uniform because he had sweated waiting for the battle to begin. He had practiced really hard for this battle, but this was making him really nervous. He’s worked hard for girls before, but this battle is different from other obstacles. He never had to fight for a girl this way. Tum walked into the gym and it was filled with stage sets for the upcoming talent show. People were gathered around at the cafeteria set.

Dome: Hey, are you alright now? It’ll be over in no time.

Kong: Yep. No time. We’re here for you.

Tum: Thanks. Let’s hope he gets here soon so we can finish it all.

Wiwat: Even if you don’t win. No sweat about it. You tried your best.

Kong: Who’s judging anyways?

Then, in walked Why and two of his classmates. Wiwat turned to look at Why and his friends. Why looked back at Wiwat with a glare.

Kong: (whisper to Wiwat) Dang, he looks pissed off.

Wiwat: (back to Kong) I know.

Then in walked several other classmates. Everyone talked amongst themselves. Mituna and Prinya walked into the room. They went over towards Trust Band and smiled. Mituna went next to Tum.

Mituna: (smile at Tum) Try your best. No matter what, you’re my friend.

Tum: Thanks. I wish were are more than that. But, this childish battle will determine everything.

Mituna: Hey. I only agreed to tell him why I’m not treating him as good as when we first met. I didn’t agree to be anyone’s girl. Nor can this battle really determine whether you can be around me or not.

Tum: (look at Mituna; smile) Good. Then I have a chance no matter what.

Mituna: Makes you less nervous?

Tum: Definitely.

Why folded his arms and looked over at Prinya and Wiwat. She didn’t even acknowledge that he was in the room. She didn’t even look over his way. Not seeing each other has no influence over her. She should at least tell him if she is going out with Wiwat now. Then he can at least try to cope with her choice.

Why: (thinking) I think of you every day and night. But, I can’t ever touch you. Your boyfriend can, but I’m your husband and I can’t lay a finger on you. I already feel guilty from our first kiss and you forgave me so easily.

Prinya touched Wiwat shoulders and whispered to him. He smiled.

Prinya: (whisper) I think this battle is going to be awesome. You know how we talked about Tum not being able to win?

Wiwat: (whisper) Yeah. I know. But, don’t tell him that. I saw him practice last night, it was alright, but not great.

Tate used to go to the same middle school as me and he was on a dancing team back then. He was the best.

Prinya: (whisper) But, maybe Tate is a little rusty now. I know Both really like Mituna too. So sad that one of them will win her heart today.

Finally, Tate arrives. He changed into new clothes for the battle. Tum looked up and knew it was time to begin.

Why walked out to the middle of room with his two friends. They grab onto Tate’s shoulders and told him good luck. Mituna then walked between the two guys fighting for her. She grabbed both of their hands, which surprised both of them. She told them to shake hands and told everyone that there will be a box where the viewers can vote on who wins the battle.

Tate won at rock paper scissors.

Tate: This is a good sign. I will go first.

Tum: (whisper to Kong) He is cocky.

Kong: (whisper back) Well, good luck my friend.

Tate stood in the white box set with Tum standing on the opposite side. Tate grabbed his boom box and set it down. He cranked up the music and started to dance. All the fan girls cheered. They remembered who he is. He used to sing at the festivals at the park with Why. Then Tum responded and there were cheers as well. Prinya grabbed Wiwat’s arm anticipating who will win.

Wiwat: (thinking; looking at Prinya) She’s holding my arms. Can I control myself?

Why: (looking over at Wiwat staring at his wife) That guy has the nerve! Calm yourself down Why. She chose him. She doesn’t know you love her. She thinks the marriage is fake.

All of a sudden Tate does a flip outside of the white set and on to the main gym floor. Tum responds by moon walking backwards towards the cafeteria set and sits on the chair and jumps on top of the table and performs there. The battle keeps going on the school set with spins and even pop and lock. The cheers were wild and the screams were loud. Prinya handed out the ticket stub to vote with to each person.

Finally Why came up to her to get a ballot. He holds out his hand and Prinya looks up at him. She gave him a smile, but he didn’t respond.

Prinya: (thinking) What is wrong with him?

After all the votes were in, Mituna took out the ballot and read each vote one by one as Dome marked the votes on the chalkboard on the school set. The votes were close, but Tate won by 10 votes.

Everyone cheered in the audience. Tum looked down, upset about his defeat.

Tate walks up to Tum.

Tate: Hey. Good skills. Practice pays off. Next time let’s go battle as a team.

Tum: (Look up at Tate; smiles) Thanks. You’re pretty good yourself. Hey listen to her words and see why she’s really upset about you.

Mituna: (laugh) Hey Tum, don’t worry. We can still see each other at band practice. Tate, let’s go somewhere and I’ll let you know why you’re such a jerk.

Tate: Really? A date?

Mituna: If you pay. Then, yeah pretty much a date. I don’t want to announce things in front of others since I am a nice girl and all. Let’s go.

Everyone cheered as they walked out.

Kong: (realizes) Hey, what about our recording?

Dome: (punches Kong on shoulders) Just let them be. We can record later.

Tum: (turns to Prinya) How’s your dancing and stuff?

Prinya: It’s good. Wiwat is a good partner.

Why and his friends walked out of the room.

Why: (in his car) Pssh. Good kissing partner.

Sneak Peek!! Ch. 21!
Mituna: (face looks angry) Then why do you say you like me now?

Tate: Because, you’re different. You say what is on your mind, you’re a good friend, you’re an amazing singer, you’re beautiful, and I guess I really like you for being you.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tate: You are so easy to get along with. I don’t know why Why won’t let you know how he feels about you.

Prinya: What do you mean?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Later that evening Prinya calls her driver to pick her up and she heads home. At one traffic light she looks out and sees Lamb attempting to feed someone.

Prinya: Great, she’s playing around.

Prinya looks closer and Lamb’s head moves to the side and she spots the guy. It was Why.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
I'm getting upset with Why and Prinya, they always misunderstand each other. they believe their eyes rather than their hearts.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter TWENTY ONE

Mituna: Wow. Nice place.

Tate: Yeah. It’s a great Chinese restaurant that provides privacy. I come here often when I have to discuss business matters.

Mituna: Oh. I see.

Tate: So, I don’t know what I did wrong that made you dislike me.

Mituna: That day that you were leaving…I heard you talking to Why. You told Why that you were just trying to fool me.

Tate: So, you’re upset about that? I told everyone in the garage that I take back what I said to Why. I told everyone I liked you.

Mituna: But, that day, you really hurt me.

Tate: (feeling guilty) I am sorry about what you heard that day. I’m known as a playboy around here. That’s what I’m known for and at that time I couldn’t admit I was attracted to you.

Mituna: What makes the difference now though? I’m still not your type.

Tate: That’s the thrilling part. You aren’t my type.

Mituna: (face looks angry) Then why do you say you like me now?

Tate: Because, you’re different. You say what is on your mind, you’re a good friend, you’re an amazing singer, you’re beautiful, and I guess I really like you for being you.

Mituna: I see. (calm down)

Tate: Then, can we start fresh?

Mituna: I have to think about it. I don’t think I should date or anything if I want a singing career.

Tate: Fine. Then, can we be friends and see how things go between us?

Mituna: (takes her own advice for Prinya) Yeah. Let’s be friends and see how things go. As long as things are clear between us, I don’t hold grudges. And, I will survive this city!

Tate: (remembers what he said) I’m sure you will. (smile)

Tate decides not to bother Mituna for a while. He doesn’t want to be known as stalker and he really had to catch up on some work that he put off from going to see Mituna practice every day.

A couple days later, Prinya is out walking towards the public library, when Tate spots her. He honks his car and stops and asks her to get in.

Tate: Where you headed to?

Prinya: To the library.

Tate: Did you have dinner yet?

Prinya: Nope.

Tate: Let’s go eat first, then I’ll drop you off at the library.

Prinya: Alright.

Tate: You are so easy to get along with. I don’t know why Why won’t let you know how he feels about you.

Prinya: What do you mean?

Tate: Oh nothing. He needs to be the one to tell you.

Prinya: Oh.

They arrive at a restaurant.

Tate: So, I haven’t seen Mituna in a couple days.

Prinya: Yeah, she’s been talking about you.

Tate: Really? What has she said?

Prinya: Not much. Just that you two are friends now. But, you haven’t been acting like a friend.

Tate: How have I not?

Prinya: You haven’t called or gone to see her or ask to hang out as friends since you guys went out that day.

Tate: Oh. I was just giving her some space to think things over.

Prinya: You know, Mituna has had a crush on you since you were in a band with Why.

Tate: Really? She was a fan girl?

Prinya: Well, I guess you can say that. Not willing to date a fan?

Tate: She’s an exception.

Prinya: Better be. And she’s not one of those psychotic fans.

Tate: I believe that. How can I win her heart completely? I don’t want to just be friends like what I told her.

Prinya: You know, she wants to be a singer. Maybe you can do something to help her out?

Tate: There is the new artist tryouts that Ocean is putting on. I can manage her.

Prinya: She doesn’t just want to get famous herself now.

Tate: Oh I see. She’s a team player. Another bonus that I like.

Prinya: Yeah.

Tate: I will help them out and manage them and enter them in that tryout. I will even help them with their demo recordings to get it all done. I can guarantee that the band will get signed.

Prinya: How will they pay you?

Tate: I’m sure they’ll do good. I know Mr. Pun already likes the band from what he’s told me about your singing and the music. But, he hasn’t heard Mituna yet. So, I think that once he hears the demos/the tryouts he will be one of the votes to enlist them to the team.

Prinya: Great.

Later that evening Prinya calls her driver to pick her up and she heads home. At one traffic light she looks out and sees Lamb attempting to feed someone.

Prinya: Great, she’s playing around.

Prinya looks closer and Lamb’s head moves to the side and she spots the guy. It was Why.

Tate calls up Mituna and asks her to go out with him to eat ice cream. He told her he had something to discuss with her. She agreed to it.

Mituna: So, what’s this about?

Tate: I know you want to be a singer. Do you have a manager yet?

Mituna: How can I afford a manager? Besides, I want my band to be with me now. I don’t want to be famous without acknowledging the people who gave me songs to sing.

Tate: I know that. I was thinking of managing the whole band.

Mituna: Really? You like us?

Tate: Yeah. I like the band. I think the band will be a huge success. I want to manage it. I will put out all the costs until you guys get even bigger and I will only take 5% profit.

Mituna: Really?

Tate: Yeah. Really.

Mituna: But, I think you should take the same amount from us like you do with other people.

Tate: But, you’re my friend. I can’t make you pay until you make money.

Mituna: Fine. Then, at least take more than 5%. Treat the percentage like real clients.

Tate: You will be my real clients. And, okay. I usually take 10% and the company takes 20%. What do you say?

Mituna: Let me discuss it.

Tate: You’ll get free demo recording with me since I have the office/studio for it.

Prinya fell asleep crying later that night. Prinya thought that Why has been lying about work. He really only thinks of her as a contract wife. He is back with Lamb and doesn’t care if anyone catches him. He lied about caring about his parents company and that was the reason why he married her. But, this night was actually the first night Why had taken a break from work. He went to dinner with Lamb because she insisted she had a new track she wanted to work with Why on for the next album.

Sneak Peek CH 22!!
Dome: You know, I’ve seen Prinya and she seems upset lately. Moping around. Kong dropped her off at work yesterday and she didn’t talk much.

Why: What’s wrong with her?

Dome: How should I know? I don’t live with her? Don’t you see your wife every day?
------------

Before actually reaching the house, Why’s stomach began to growl. He was hungry. As he was driving, he Prinya get off of a motorbike and walking wobbly in her school uniform. Her head was down and she walked slowly. All of a sudden her legs weakened and she fell to the ground. Why stopped the car and ran out to her side.
------------

Prinya: Why do you work on school days now?

Why: Because.

Prinya: Why? Be honest.

I know, a short chapter. But I will post the next chapter this weekend when I finish Ch. 23 so that I can post a spoiler. Enjoy.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Awwww I like Tate a lot now. Gosh Why and Prinya need to express their feelings instead of beating around the bush ><

lol you're also frustrated. I guess because they are still young, I should be more lenient :)

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah I agree that Why and Prinya really need to express their feelings for each other so they know hoe each other feel about them.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter TWENTY TWO

The band talked things over and agreed to have Tate manage them and get them started.

Dome
: After all, isn’t he well known for getting people big?

Wiwat: Yeah.

Tum: Alright.

Mituna: Since we already recorded a song, Tate says he wants us to record on his equipment. We can go there next weekend.

Wiwat: Oh, you all are going to the talent show this Thursday right?

Tum: Of course!

Kong: Yeah. We don’t want to miss seeing your skills.

Mituna: And Prinya’s. She told me she wanted to impress Why.

Wiwat: (bummed) Oh. Well, she will be impressing him. She’s pretty good.

Mituna: I heard there’s a lot of touching.

Wiwat: (shy) Yeah. But, it’s just a performance. It doesn’t mean anything.

Mituna: We all know you have a thing for her.

Wiwat: (shocked) What?

Mituna: Sorry to be so straight forward, but Prinya is taken. I have a feeling that she loves Why.

Wiwat: I see. I will remember that (still not coping well; hope to stop liking Prinya).

At school later that day, Why had just finished a presentation and headed out of class. Dome rushed after him and told him that Why and him should team up for a report due next month. Why knew Dome was good at reports, just not tests. So, he agreed.

Dome
: You know, I’ve seen Prinya and she seems upset lately. Moping around. Kong dropped her off at work yesterday and she didn’t talk much.

Why: What’s wrong with her?

Dome: How should I know? I don’t live with her? Don’t you see your wife every day?

Why: Actually, I’ve been working overtime and go straight to work after school. I don’t get home until very late.

Dome: Oh. Hmm. Maybe the problem is you?

Why: What do you mean?

Dome: Maybe she’s been moping because she misses you.

Why: Why would she? Doesn’t she have a boyfriend?

Dome: Really? The only person close to being her boyfriend is her husband. That’s you.

Why: How about Wi?

Dome: Wi and her relationship seems more like a brother sister relationship to me. They both haven’t showed anything out of the ordinary. They’ve treated each other like they always have.

Why: No kissing?

Dome: Why would they kiss?

Why: Don’t they dance together?

Dome: Yeah. I’ve gone to watch them practice several times.

Why: Oh. Well, I have to get going.

Before actually reaching the house, Why’s stomach began to growl. He was hungry. As he was driving, he Prinya get off of a motorbike and walking wobbly in her school uniform. Her head was down and she walked slowly. All of a sudden her legs weakened and she fell to the ground. Why stopped the car and ran out to her side.

Why: Prinya, Prinya, are you alright?

Prinya: (look up at Why) Yeah. I just haven’t eating all day. I get this way.

Why: Why didn’t you eat?

Prinya: I just lost track of time. I’m kind of thirsty too.

Why: You want me to take you to the hospital. Let me get you some water.

Prinya: No need to go to the hospital. This happens all the time. Just get me water.

Why: (Picked up Prinya and carried her to his car) Alright. (buckles Prinya in and grabs a water bottle from his lunch pail.)

Prinya: (drinks water) Thanks.

Why: (Gets into his side of the car) Let’s go and eat. My treat. Someplace nice.

Prinya: But we’ll be in public. News will spread.

Why: Gosh. I can’t even go out and eat with my wife?

Prinya: Hey. You didn’t want to go public before. If I go out in my uniform people will also know I go to school with you and hassle me.

Why: Fine, I’ll get you some disguise if you don’t want to get hassled for being married to me.

Prinya: You sound angry.

Why: I told you I didn’t care about going public. But, I want to keep you from getting hassled at school, so let’s disguise you.

Prinya: (Felt a little touched) Yeah, smart one (Thinking Why is stupid at this point because a disguise will not help. But figured it is a funny thing to do)

Why goes to a little store and picks out clothes for Prinya. Prinya stays in the car because they don’t want anyone to see her step out of his car and someone catches them. Prinya laughs to herself in the car. He’s going through trouble to disguise her. The store owner asks Why in the store if the clothes are for his wife. He told the owner that it was. The store owner goes on a rampage about what will look best. Why agrees to whatever and buys the clothes.

Back in the car, he hands her the clothes and tells her to climb to the back and change. She was hesitant at first, but he made up an excuse that if she steps out in her uniform someone can catch them. His windows are dark enough that nobody can see.

Prinya
: Don’t you dare look at me (frantically changing)

Why: Why would I want to look? You have nothing to offer (lying of course)

Prinya: Thanks (annoyed)

Why was being a pervert and looking through the rearview mirror. Prinya was too busy trying to change so fast that she didn’t catch glimpses of him watching. He smiled because he was starting to like her sense of humor a bit. She was weak from lack of food and still acting tough. When she was done, she climbed into the front again and they step out to the restaurant.

Owner
: Mr. Why. Isn’t this your wife?

Why: Yes it is.

Prinya: Hello. (Then whispers to Why) Don’t give out my name or else I will be found out at school.

Why nods his head and requests that the owner not attract any paparazzi. The two enjoy a meal together.

Why
: You know, since we are married, how about we try to be nice to each other?

Prinya: Wow. Such nice initiation. Hmm. Let me think.

Why: What is there to think about? We have to be like this until you graduate, so why don’t we just be nice to each other? You know that we can’t hate each other for long?

Prinya: Seriously, are you sick or something? First you ignore me for a whole week and now you are asking to be nice to each other? You were with La…(dims tone and stops saying Lamb).

Why: This is no joke. I’m not sick. I think we should work together. Let’s just try to get along. Sorry about not talking for a week. I was really busy at work.

Prinya: (mumble) Busy my ass.

Why: What did you just say?

Prinya: Nothing.

Why: What’s wrong? I have been working.

Prinya: I saw you eating with Lamb a couple days ago. That’s called busy?

Why: (laugh) Jealous? Yeah, she called me and told me some lies to get me to go out and eat with her. I have been working.

Prinya: Why do you work on school days now?

Why: Because.

Prinya: Why? Be honest.

Why: I saw you and Wi dancing together.

Prinya: (cut Why off) Oh, that. We are doing a dance competition/talent show thing. You’re coming right? This time I’m giving you advanced notice.

Why: Not advanced enough. This is only two days before the event. That’s only one day earlier.

Prinya: Oops. I guess my fault again. (thinking) Wow, is he jealous? He worked because he saw me and Wi dance together?

Why: No. It’s not. I’ll try to make it. This time nothing can stop me. I’ll cancel my last appointment and make it to the show.

Prinya: Great (smile shyly)

Why: Hey, now that we agreed to get along can’t we just share?

Prinya: Share what? My cake? Here (scoops the cake and about to put it on Why’s plate)

Why: (grabs Prinya’s hand and brings the fork and cake towards his mouth so that Prinya is feeding him; stares into Prinya’s eyes) No, the bed.

Prinya: (after cake is eaten, moves her hand down to her lap and looks away shyly) Are you kidding me? We’re not at that level.

Why: (crack up) I don’t mean like that. I mean, we can put a divider up or something if you’re scared. I just want to sleep on my bed again. Please!

Prinya: That’s a pretty dangerous choice.

Why: I promise I won’t hurt you. How can I hurt someone I…(don’t say he loves her). My parents think we already did it. I’ll be looked down upon if they catch us.

Prinya: Is that how all guys think?

Why: You’re being stereotypical.

Prinya: It’s just weird that you’re nice to me all of a sudden. Besides, we would’ve already been caught not sleeping in the same bed all this time. A couple more months won’t hurt.

Why: Honestly. I’m getting back pains. I really want my bed back.

Prinya: (feeling guilty) Okay. I’ll let you share the bed with me since we’re not going to be fighting as much anymore. Though, I do like fighting. (smiles)

Why really liked seeing her smile. He never thought that she would make him feel so happy. His heart was beating fast.

Later that night

Why
: So which side of the bed do you want?

Prinya: I’m going to go with the one closest to the bathroom.

Why: Fine (gets onto his side of the bed and faces away.)

Prinya: (turns of the light and mutters) It’s going to be weird finally sharing the bed.

Why: Hey, I had to sleep on the couch. I’m glad I finally get to be in my comfortable bed.

Prinya: Well, thanks for letting me have the bed all this time (drifts off to sleep).

Why: I’m not that mean to let a girl sleep on the floor again (turns to face Prinya) Are you asleep? (turns to back realizing Prinya fell asleep).

In the morning Prinya wakes up and realizes that her arm and legs are on top of Why. She couldn’t believe she would do that. So, she quickly let go and jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

Prinya
: (looks in the mirror) I can’t believe I just did that. How embarrassing! Yikes. Hopefully he didn’t notice.

Why: Hey you! Hurry in the bathroom! I have to shower too.

Prinya: (can’t believe Why is awake) Okay! I don’t take that long you know!

Why: Well, you’ve been there for a while now.

Prinya: (thinks if Why was awake when she got up) What? I’ve only been in here for five minutes.

Why: (smirks) I know. Hurry up.

Why went to get his uniform ready. Then he realizes that Prinya might have left hers in the car. He goes and knocks.

Why: Hey You! Did you bring your uniform in?

Prinya: (thinks) Oh no! I think I left it in the car! Can you look for me?

Why: (thinks this is great) Fine. (Goes get the uniform and brings it back up)

Prinya: Darn it Why. It’s all wrinkly.

Why: Well, you shouldn’t have forgotten it.

Prinya: Oh well. I’ll wear it like it is.

Why: I don’t want people saying my wife doesn’t do her laundry.

Prinya: Stop saying I’m your wife.

Why: Didn’t we agree we’ll be nice to each other from now on?

Prinya: I agreed to not fight as often.

Why: Fine. When we get to school you get off a block away and walk.

Prinya: Aren’t we going in separate cars as usual?

Why: Haven’t you been giving up your car for Mituna?

Prinya: Yeah.

Why: Then that’s why you’re riding with me today.

Now it was the day of the performance. Prinya put on her yellow dress and curled her hair. Why would be there tonight to watch her first performance. He had said nothing could stop him. Then a phone call came in.

Lamb: Hello?

Prinya: Hello. Who is this? A telemarketer?

Lamb: Why would you say I’m a telemarketer?

Prinya: Because I don’t give out my number and only certain people know this number.

Lamb: Well, obviously you have some disloyal people who gave me your number.

Prinya: Who?

Lamb: Why perhaps?

Prinya: What?

Lamb: Anyways, I was his last client and he canceled on me. But, I am going into the studio now to stop him from going to your concert.

Prinya: You’re lying. He didn’t give you my number. You must’ve gotten it the day you had dinner with him.

Lamb: (frustrated) No, I did not! I am going to stop him for going to your concert. Watch me. (hang up)

Prinya: (stood in frustration) The nerve!

Wiwat: (walk up to Prinya) Who was that?

Prinya: Lamb. She told me she was going to stop Why from coming and seeing me perform.

Wiwat: Really? You want him to come don’t you? (Realizes he has to forfeit; Mituna was right)

Prinya: Yes.

Wiwat: What did she say she would do?

Prinya: She said she was going to go to the studio and get him to stay somehow.

Wiwat: Well, let’s go!

Prinya: Go where?

Wiwat: Get him first!

Prinya: (smile) Thanks Wiwat.

Wiwat: No problem.

They borrowed Kong’s motorcycle and made it to the studio.

Wiwat: You go on in and I’ll wait for you to come out and tell me you are going with him.

Prinya: (smile) Thanks Wiwat. I really appreciate it.

Prinya look up at the building and walk up the stairs and through the doors. She walked to the middle of the hall and looked up.

Receptionist: Are you looking for someone?

Prinya: Yeah. I came to see Mr. Anajak.

Receptionist: Let me call in and see if he’s in his studio.

Prinya: (thinking) Why wouldn’t he be? Wait, maybe Lamb is already here and beat me to it.

Receptionist: (after talking on phone) Mr. Anajak isn’t in his studio room right now.

Prinya: Where is he?

Receptionist: (realizes it is Prinya) Oh. Mrs Mahasamoot, I didn’t recognize you in a dress.

Prinya: No problem.

Receptionist: Mr. Anajak is upstairs right now. He has a meeting with a possible future artist. The person who answered the phone said he should be done by now.

Prinya: Oh. I see. I’ll wait to see if he comes down.

Receptionist: Alright. You can have a seat.

Prinya waited for a while, but Why still didn’t come down the stairs or elevator. Then, Wiwat comes in and asks Prinya if she was able to get him. Prinya looked at Wiwat.

Prinya: I guess he can’t make it. He’s still at a meeting. We don’t have much time before check in. So, let’s just go. (sad)

Wiwat: Alright. (Put his arm around Prinya) Let’s go.

Meanwhile, Why got out of his meeting and looked at his watch. He had to make it to that show tonight. He walked past the glass windows and something caught his eye. Wiwat had his arms around Prinya and they were walking out of the building together. Why slid his hand against the window. Then, someone grabbed his shirt collar.

Lamb: Why. You cancelled our meeting today? To go see (point finger at Prinya and Wiwat) that?

----------------------

Sneak Peek Ch. 23
Wiwat: Are you okay about him not being here?

Prinya: (look at Wiwat and smile; gives him a hug) Yes. Thanks for helping today.

Wiwat: (Hugs back) I’m sure if he loves you, he will make it.

Prinya: Love?

----====----​

Prinya: What kind of music is this?

Wiwat walks out onto the stage with a purple hat and yellow hoodie.

Wiwat: This is called Hip Hop.

Wiwat: Hip Hop. You start off like this.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
just when good things were happening, Lamb and some misunderstanding comes up. i hope he does make it to the concert, i would be sad if he didn't.

jeeja

everything was going great and then the wicked witch walked in lol
it'll be sad if he misses it again TT_TT

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Man thing was stared to go good too bad Lamb have to show up. Seem like in the next chapter something bad going to happen?

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter TWENTY THREE

Why: (thinking) Yes. I want to go tonight to see ‘that’. I want to see Prinya perform. Tate is right. I have to fight for her.

Why grabbed Lamb’s hand and tossed it aside.

Why
: We’re over. Understand that?

Lamb: You’ll regret this Why!

Why rushed out to his car and accelerated towards the school. He had to be there for his wife’s performance. He has to show her that he cares about her. Wiwat holding her isn’t going to hold him back.

Prinya and Wiwat go to the counter and sign in. They will be 2nd to last up. Prinya had on her yellow dress, but had another outfit underneath to prepare for their routine.

Wiwat
: What you have on underneath will be a shocker.

Prinya: Yeah. Let’s hope we won’t get laughed at for wearing this.

Wiwat: Hey, we won’t. I’ve seen other people wear something worst than this.

Prinya: Well, you don’t have to worry. It’s always the females that get harassed. Girls make a big deal out of everything.

Wiwat: Are you okay about him not being here?

Prinya: (look at Wiwat and smile; gives him a hug) Yes. Thanks for helping today.

Wiwat: (Hugs back) I’m sure if he loves you, he will make it.

Prinya: Love?

Wiwat: I’m a guy. I can tell Why is freakishly jealous.

Prinya: Really?

Wiwat: Yes. He glares at me all the time.

Prinya: He doesn’t have to worry about you.

Wiwat: (look down) Jeez, thanks.

Prinya: No, not what I mean. I mean…

Wiwat: Okay. I admit I like you. But, I realized today that I want you to be happy. So, I’m fine with just being friends. No worries. (smile) Just tell him you love him.

Prinya: Should I?

Wiwat: Yes.

Why: (clears throat; sees Prinya and Wiwat hugging) Ahem. Touching my wife again?

Wiwat: (let go) Oh. You’re here.

Why: Why wouldn’t I be?

Wiwat: Calm down. It’s obvious she’s your wife. We’re just friends now.

Prinya: (interrupts) He’s more than a friend. He’s like a brother to me.

Wiwat: (look at Prinya) Really?

Prinya: Yep.

Why: Can I talk to you in private?

Prinya: Okay.

They walk off to a corner in the room.

Why: (suddenly hugs Prinya) Have fun up there.

Prinya: (shocked) Woah.

Why: Hey, I’m being nice here.

Prinya: Oh.

Why: Do a good job up there. I’ll be watching you.

Prinya: Like it’s not obvious.

Why: I’m being nice. Stop being sarcastic and hug me back.

Prinya: I’m not. This is the way I talk. (laugh; hugs Why back). Okay. I have to go. You go sit in the audience.

Why walk out of the door towards the hall. He looked back one more time at Prinya and winks. Prinya smiles at the site of his eye smile. She was relieved that he’s here and he kept his word. Plus, they are ‘nice’ to each other now.

Prinya
: (thinking) Lamb didn’t stop him. Yes!

Why sat down and waited to watch the performance. Then someone tapped him on the shoulders. He turned around and it was Dome.

Dome
: Hey, why don’t you come sit with us up front?

Why: Okay.

Dome: We’re going to be performing today too. The school is having us perform after the show.

Why: Cool.

They both walked towards the front of the room, when all of a sudden someone clasped onto Why’s arm. It was Lamb.

Lamb
: Thought you could get away today? Remember what I told you before?

Why: I don’t care anymore.

Lamb got frustrated because her plan was supposed to work. He was supposed to care about being exposed for not being in love when he got married. She decided to tag along and make Prinya jealous when she looks out in the audience. She knew Prinya liked Why after she called and made the threat and Prinya showed up at the studio.

Announcer: Now, that we’ve seen singing, belly dancing, skits, dances, we’ll see more dancing! Hooray!

Audience: (clap) Yay! (whistles; screams)

Announcer: Our next performance is Wiwat & Prinya performing a hip hop routine called Hip Hop Don’t Stop!

Everyone cheers. Prinya walks out shyly in her yellow dress. She looks around and a beat turns on.

Prinya: What kind of music is this?

Wiwat walks out onto the stage with a purple hat and yellow hoodie.

Wiwat: This is called Hip Hop.

Wiwat: Hip Hop. You start off like this.

Everyone in the audience cheers as Wiwat starts to dance. Prinya had her arms crossed and Wiwat reached his hand down to grab hers and goes behind her and starts dancing. Prinya starts to join in on her part of the routine. The audience cheered loudly as the two are in sync in their routine. Then the music stops.

Prinya: What? What happened? Techs, fix it please. Our routine can’t finish without the music.

Wiwat: Prinya, we don’t need the music.

Wiwat: Yep.

The curtains close and Prinya takes off her dress while the techs make it sound like there is technical difficulty. Then music turns back on.

Prinya
: Thanks techs!

The curtains reopen and the music switches to a funny song as Prinya is now in feather yellow shorts, and little tail, and a yellow tank with fake chicken wings. WIwat laughs and starts singing the chicken dance as Prinya performs it. The audience went wild and started cheering and laughing at the comical aspects of the dance.

Wiwat took off his hoodie and hat and the music changed again to another song. The two go back to dance in sync and show a new routine with more acrobatics. All the girls in the audience cheered at the sight of Wiwat.

The show ended with Prinya climbing on top of a chair and pretending to fall off the chair and Wiwat catching her all of a sudden.
The audience cheered loudly, so did Why. But his heart fluttered a bit seeing his wife in someone else’s arm. He stood up to cheer as Lamb sat and looked unhappy and pitiful.

Prinya and Wiwat walked off the stage and they hugged each other and told each other that they did a great job. They waited for the last performance when everyone was invited on the stage to announce the winner.

Announcer
: How was the talent show everyone? Fun?

Audience: Yeah!

Announcer: Now, we’ll announce the third place winner. They will receive a free coupon to a salon and spa!

Audience: Woah! Yay!

Finally, it was time to announce the first place winner. Prinya looked out in the audience and spotted Lamb sitting next to Why. Even though she should feel jealous, for some reason she wasn’t. Their talk before her performance gave her some assurance that Why was here for her. She also listened to her own instinct. She smiled.

Announcer
: The winner of this year’s talent show will receive $10,000 baht! The winners are…Prinya and Wiwat with Hip Hop Can’t Stop!!
The audience went wild and Why jumped out of his seat.

Girl 1 in the back row: Look at Why. He’s cheering so much for her.

Girl 2: Maybe she is his wife.

Girl 1: You think so?

Girl 3: I think so. He’s never gone to any school event. I saw him at the dance battle too.

Girl 1: But, isn’t it his best friend that was in the competition?

Girl 3: I guess so.

Girl 2: She does look similar to the girl on the news. Her chin kind of looks the same.

Girl 1: That news was so long ago. How can you remember her chin?

The announcer announced that there were several performances after for a celebration party out in the gym. Everyone headed towards the gym.

Wiwat: Hey Prinya, you want to impress Why?

Prinya: I think I already did. I saw him jump up for us.

Wiwat: I know. But, how about singing? I know you were looking for him in our first performance. You can sing to him.

Prinya: But, it’s Trust’s chance to show off in front of the school.

Wiwat: We can sing more than one song. How about you open for us?

Mituna: (jumps in) Yeah. Sing Prinya! Here is your chance to let him hear you sing live!

Tate suddenly appears.

Mituna
: What are you doing here?

Tate: How can I miss my friends’ performance?

Mituna: You saw Prinya and Wiwat too?

Tate: Of course. I showed up a bit late, but I stood in the back.

Mituna: Oh.

Prinya: Thanks Tate.

Tate: As manager I say you sing the opening Prinya. Let him hear you sing. He probably wants to hear you sing.

Tate: Yes, really.

Prinya: I’m going to wear this chicken outfit?

Mituna: No worries, I have an outfit for you. I brought 2 not knowing what we were wearing. But this one will work for you.

Prinya: But I don’t know what song to sing and I haven’t practiced with the band.

Wiwat: No problem. Remember the song that I let you practice? Well, that song is written by my brother. I haven’t let anyone else sing it except you. So, sing that song.

Wiwat: Yeah.

Prinya rushes to change and Mituna and Tate goes off and finds Why. Wiwat goes and finds the band members to let them know that they have a change in plans.

Finally their show is starting and the music starts off slow. Everyone looked attentively because the music for this band has always been great. It’s just the voice that comes on that sucked. The audience were anticipating a horrid voice and ready to boo the band.

Tate and Mituna told Why to stay and watch the performance. Why had asked where Prinya went. Mituna just said that she had to go change. Tate, Why, and Lamb stood together to watch the performance.

Then, Prinya walks out with a red Barbie doll skirt and yellow tank top and a black bow belt.

She starts singing.

Prinya
:

Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm
When I walk down the street; I start to ponder...is love natural? Is love natural?
You were so, not discreet; The first time I met you. Saw you, Greet you. Was it natural?
Then I found the answer; No need to ponder...it is not natural. Not Natural.
Love is learned. Love is earned!; Like a degree. Love comes step by step. Requires ambition.
You hold hands, you show care, the warm touches; Is love.
You get scared, you feel nerves, the butterflies; Is love.

Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm
When you walk down the street; You start to ponder...is love natural? Is love natural?
I was so in defeat; The first time I met you. Saw you, Great you. Was it natural?
Then you found the answer; No need to ponder...it is not natural. Not natural.
Love is learned. Love is earned!; Like a degree. Love comes step by step. Requires ambition.
You hold hands, you show care, the warm touches; Is love.
You get scared, you feel nerves, the butterflies; Is love.

Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm
Love is learned, love is earned; I love you!

Prinya looks over at Why. He looks straight into her eyes. She starts to tear.

Meanwhile, Lamb begins to bicker, so Tate interrupted and pulled her away and excused himself. Tate sent a text to Mituna and told her that he had to leave and take away a scum. Mituna understood and laughed.

Prinya
: (wipe away her tears) Ahem. Sorry about the tears. This song has a lot of meaning to my friend.

Wiwat: (walk up to the microphone) Actually, it has more meaning to this lovely singer here.

The audience begins to cheer louder.

Prinya
: It has a lot of meaning to all of us in the band. Actually, I’m not in the band. But, it has a lot of meaning to my friends and I. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the show. And now the next song…”Gotta Trust Us” introducing Mituna!

Audience: (Went wild and cheered) Trust! Trust! Trust!

Prinya walked away from the band set and towards the restroom. She had no idea if she’d be able to face him after basically confessing her love for Why through a song.

Prinya
: (thinking) I wonder if he’ll even understand what I was trying to do. Will he be stupid and think it is for Wiwat? I swear I got the feeling that he cared for me earlier today. Ahhh, Prinya stop thinking too much. Of course he’ll be stupid and you can pretend like the song wasn’t for him.

As Prinya was about to push on the door to the restroom, Why grabbed her Prinya’s arm.

Prinya turned to look at him and they stared into each other’s eyes.

-------
Sneak PEEK!! Ch. 24!
Why: (interrupt Prinya) No need to say.

Prinya: Well, I have to go to the bathroom to check on my makeup.

Why: (laugh) When did you ever worry about makeup?

Prinya: Well, I was tearing because this is the first time I sang this song live. It has a lot of meaning to Wiwat. His…

Why: Wiwat?

---------​

Why: (thinking) I would’ve admitted I love you last night, but you had to make that one comment. Now I don’t know if you love me or not. Ahhh, the agony. Hmm, maybe I should just tell you. I should do it in a romantic way. That way you can’t deny my love. (smirk)

===-===---===---===​
......Lamb walked over to Prinya’s desk.

Lamb: (crosses arms) You boyfriend stealer!

Everyone who hadn’t left the classroom yet stopped in their tracks. They all turned to look at the two. Then someone else ran out in the hall and started shouting that Lamb just called Prinya a boyfriend stealer! Many of the people out in the hall heard and came to watch.

Lamb: Why didn’t love you. He was with me! You had to just take him away from me. I’m a big celebrity you know? He was with me!

I hope the ending doesn't get rushed or drag on with unnecessary things. I'm just trying to fit in everything I put in the video; since I made that before even starting to write the story ahaha. I don't even know how I'm going to end this LOL. Yikes. Hope I don't fail miserably. Thanks for reading everyone :)

*It would be awesome if someone tries to sing the made up song that Prinya sang :p