dating someone older than you

amerimus

sarNie Egg
is it wrong for an older girl to date a guy younger than her? in today's society age doesn't matter but there are still people out there who would consider it to be child molester.
my boyfriend is younger than me and i find nothing wrong with that, but others would find me molesting my boyfriend just that i am older.

it is wrong for an older girl date a younger guy (esp. younger than her)?

cecilia

Staff member
depend, if it's only like 1-2 years. than it's alright.
if it's more than that. i feel old next to him :loool:
but i guess, if you're in love atm .. just go with the flow ..
nothing's wrong with it. doesn't hurt to test it, right?

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I don't think it's wrong as long as they're over 21 because that's the age where they become real adults but if you were in your 20s and dating somebody under 20 I find it kind of weird.. well if it's a year apart then it's fine but if it's more than that I'd say wait until they reach 20.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
if the person was younger than me by a few months..
i'm okay with that...
but a whole year or more.. nope...
it's not happening..... lol.

Mae

sarNie Adult
For me, I don't go for for men who are younger than me....it's just a personal preference!

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
better than dating someone younger than u....lol...welll...they cannot be that old to the point where they're my daddy's age...that's a no no....:D

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
there's nothing wrong with dating someone younger than you..
But.. the thing is (IF you want to get married with this man), I've seen many marriages where the wife is older than the husband.. The in-laws complain about how the nyab is compared to their son... and they often do things that end up breaking their marriage.
So, you know- you should take a lot of things into consideration before you have a serious relationship.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i believe there is nothing wrong with dating people younger than u..
my sister..used to date a guy who was younger than her, and there wasnt really nothing wrong with it..
but then they had to break up because his parents wanted him to go back and live with them so like yea...
it was sad...cause they really had something there...

nkaujhmoob_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
ummm... for me.. i honestly don't like it...
i guess because if i'm older than a guy... i'm like a older sister to them... and it disgusts me to think that i would date my younger brother...
i know i should change my way of thinking but it's kind of hard because i'm the oldest of the three of us and i have two younger brothers...
and i seriously would beat the crap out of them because i'm much older than them...

and i also feel insecure if the guy's younger than me...

but that's just my opinion...

myx

sArNieZ
my mommy is a year older than my daddy.

ages doesn't matter. what matter is your feelings toward each other.

lynnyang

sarNie Adult
My mom always tell my sisters and I to get a older man by a couple years. So that when we get married later and get old we will look good together, rather than us looking older with a man just 1or 2 years older than us because woman when they're old somehow they intend to look older than men.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
is it wrong? no i highly don't believe it's wrong...unless one's like 30 and the other is like 17...i dunno if tat's wrong either..but i'm not comfortable w/ that...but like Fearless...i prefer the younger person to be over 20 if u're over 20 as well...and ask for my personal self..i wouldn't wanna date a younger guy a couple of months okies...but over a year..i can't cuz i have tis feeling like i'm the man of the relationship...lol :lol:

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
is it wrong for an older girl to date a guy younger than her? in today's society age doesn't matter but there are still people out there who would consider it to be child molester.
my boyfriend is younger than me and i find nothing wrong with that, but others would find me molesting my boyfriend just that i am older.

ITS NOT WRONG. LOLSS

BUT WHEN IT COMES TO ME, I WILL NEVER DATE A GUY WHO IS YOUNGER AND ME..

wHY?

1. I FEEL OLD
2. HE'S A BABY (CHANCE, I MIGHT FEEL LIKE HIS OLDER SIS/COUSIN - DEPENDING HOW OLD HE IS.. LOLS)
3. JUST WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS OLDER THAN I AM. :D

Lovinglakorn

sarNie Egg

It okay to date them. Just as long as you guy are both legal to date. People are to say you are a cougar. :D

nkaujhmoob_thoj

sarNie Egg
dating someone younger than you wouldn't be right but hey it wouldn't matter if he was like 1-2 years younger than you if younger than that then i wouldn't..because people would say alot of things towards you and your lover....it would right if he was older than you but not to old....but hey once you love that person so much you just think to yourself that age doesn't really matter nomore because it's just a number...

lilalee

sarNie Egg
I find nothing wrong with the age difference. As long as they love each others. That is all that really matters.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i agree with u..as long as the two persons love each other then it should be fine...it's hard to find a guy around ur age that someone can actually be with...i cant find a guy my age that i want to be with...i've realized all the guys i have ever truely liked were older then me...so like yea...

NploojSiabHlub

sarNie Egg
Girls are more mature than guys. A 16 year old girl would probably more mature than a 20 year old guys. So if you date a guy's younger than you, you would feel like "niam ua txiv and txiv ua niam"...right? So you don't want that, you want a real man to be incharge so that you would feel secure like having an umbrella to protect you from rain and hails!