Creating/Editing Digital Video Softwares

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
Hi, does anyone know what's a good software to get for creating digital videos or movies? I've heard from my friend that Adobe carries some software for that, but I just don't know which one. I know these softwares are very expensive, but if anyone knows where I can get them at a reasonable price (cheaper the better =D) that would be greatly appreciated.

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
I would start with ULEAD Videostudio 10. I hear many of these programs can kill your processor so hope you have the power. Many of the software are not well written. ADOBE is the end all winner, but very difficult to use for a newbie.

So best of luck on what you decide... I usually say to try to support and give money to software peeps, but these damn programs are so buggie, I would say use the software and have fun, but I wouldn't invest any money in them. (Harsh I know)

Here is the torrent link.

http://www.mininova.org/get/281868

But let us know what you decide. I gave up finding a good program until future generations are developed.

EDITED 9:27PM 03/11/2007 - adding more details.

darvil

sarNie Adult
adobe has some highend stuff..

How about free?

I guess the most well know adobe program for video editing is Premiere. I've never used it but I hear its good.

I can get it for you.. or you can just google and find a torrent for it.

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
adobe has some highend stuff..

How about free?

I guess the most well know adobe program for video editing is Premiere. I've never used it but I hear its good.

I can get it for you.. or you can just google and find a torrent for it.

Oh would you really do that for me Darvil? I mean get the full version? I'm too afraid to google and find a torrent only to end up with spywares and viruses from the file. Heck I don't even know what a torrent its =D I've check out the adobe premiere software out at adobe.com and the graphics they show to advertiser the software is great. Only it will cost me $300+ for the software and that's an acedemic student pricing. Although very resonably price from the regular $500+ value, I still can't afford it at the moment.

Thank you dynomite for the recomendation, I'll will try it out. =D

noungning

Heartless
i'm trying to work with sony vegas, but like dyno said, it's really complicated and kills the processor as you're using these editors.

i really need to get going on my video also lol :p

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Noungning... have you tried all the different ones?

Why did you stick with Sony Vega?

----------------------------------------------------------

Adobe Primiere

Sony Vega

Ulead Video Studio

Roxio

Pinnacle

---------------------------------

I think these are the big gunners that are fighting for purchase power.

noungning

Heartless
well i have nero, ulead, and sony vegas

i stayed with sony v because the sony architect of making your own menu is really neat. but i'm thinking i might give up on it soon beause it's really hard. well i haven't been able to find much tutorial on it.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
If you aren't sure which editing software you want I would try the trial versions first. Just go to their websites and download the trial versions, they usually let you try it for 30 days with some limited features to get a feel for it. As for the different ones?

Adobe Premiere seems to be the most popular one and if you don't want to get too fancy, its easy enough to figure out how to use it. Ulead Video probably has the easiest interface but doesn't offer as many "effects" as Premiere. I would go with Ulead Media instead, as easy as U. Video but offers more although I have to say it tends to crash a lot. Sony Vegas 7 is what I use and I love it. It probably is the most difficult to work with but its also the fanciest imo, offers a lot of editing tools that you won't find in the others but you need a pretty fast processor. I like the unlimited tracks thing. Pinnacle sucks. Its more for the professionals than what most people need or want it for. People don't really use Pinnacle for editing purposes like making music videos or just a simple home video.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hmm...i use to do documentary making on the side n i use FINAL CUT PRO, but u can only use that on a MAC, i've done ADOBE premeire once a looong time ago, and it wasn't so bad, but i dunno how the most current versions are like, but it seems that ppl are recommending it. if u have access to a mac by chance, FINAL CUT PRO is the best way to go. it's easy and it's primarily used even by professionals in hollywood. check it out, if u need, i have a full bootleg ;)

darvil

sarNie Adult
yea I agree that Ulead is the easiest one..

The only softwares that I've worked alot on are the Ulead and Adobe After Effects.

All right I've uploaded the Premiere 2.0 for you users who wants it.

go to www.sarnworld.com/programs

look for adobepremiere

And also I'm downloading the tutorials for it too. This should cover most of you who have any questions about video editing.
For now just dl the software. The tuts will be coming up.

If you're curious this is the tutorial I'm dling for you guys

www.movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=219

I'm assuming that the crack is in the directory. I haven't even checked it out yet.

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I've tried adobe premier and wow, it's really something. Like dynomite said, premier is the all time winner in this but for a newbie, it's really not so easy to use. You gotta have a lot of patience to learn how to use the software and put in a lot of time to make videos using this software. The result is just amazing, but you won't get quality work without sweating a little. From what I can see, if someone just spends a little time on it, the product would come out as similar to as editing with Windows Movie Maker, only a little better. There's this one guy dray86 on youtube that makes these really cool videos from just using premier, photoshop, and a video capture software. He makes these movies out of a MMORPGs game called maple story by recording the game when he logs in to play and makes it look interesting. You people who like to know what good videos this software could make should check out dray86 on youtube. I know there are other people who make really good videos, but dray86 videos are best I've seen so far. I haven't gotten the time to try the other softwares yet but when I do, I'll give a heads up.

Hey you guys, I wanna see the videos you make. You know, just an idea =D I'm just starting to make vids so I don't have any yet.