Couple who suicided together

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
Yeah.. Running away together would've been better than suicide.

Idk about the not burying the couple. As you said, they could've just buried their children next to each other and probably even bury them where they suicided.

Btw, whats "mos dua"?
i dunno if i spelled it right but its like a sickness that travels from bloodline. like one of my mom relative-cousin their mom have it and like every winter she'll have this sorta 'peeling skin' with her fingers its sorta like ulcer on her skin. and sometimes it happens on their legs to. its sorta of disease but i dunt really knoe how to explain it. >.<

Well, my uncle married his neice which my family clan and her clan objected but after awhile it just got really old because no one could stop them from dating so they just got married and all the OGs simply accepted it because its such an old fashion rule which modern hmong people dont care about anymore. My uncle was 30 and she was 27... Its just the names of respect but I think many US hmong folks realize its unstoppable...

Oh yea, I sent a copy of this vdo to my parents too; ima glad my parents are understanding because we are such a multi-cultural family. Wen my sister married our caucasian brother-in-law my dad flipped out. Next my sister married a chinese... then my dad was like fu* it no point of stopping them... We rather have our kids marry who they love instead of them dying... What really got my parents was the old hmong movie called "YOG VIM LEEG TWG" with Kwm Lis...

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
That true. You rather let your kid marry whoever they loved instead. Doesn't matter if the person they are marrying is good or bad, either way, don't stop them. If they marry the person and their life is good, then great, and if not, it'll be a lesson for them to learn. The more you try to stop them, either they will do something stupid or cut family relationship with you.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
i dunno if i spelled it right but its like a sickness that travels from bloodline. like one of my mom relative-cousin their mom have it and like every winter she'll have this sorta 'peeling skin' with her fingers its sorta like ulcer on her skin. and sometimes it happens on their legs to. its sorta of disease but i dunt really knoe how to explain it. >.<
Ohh. Hrmm, never heard of it before.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Well, my uncle married his neice which my family clan and her clan objected but after awhile it just got really old because no one could stop them from dating so they just got married and all the OGs simply accepted it because its such an old fashion rule which modern hmong people dont care about anymore. My uncle was 30 and she was 27... Its just the names of respect but I think many US hmong folks realize its unstoppable...

Oh yea, I sent a copy of this vdo to my parents too; ima glad my parents are understanding because we are such a multi-cultural family. Wen my sister married our caucasian brother-in-law my dad flipped out. Next my sister married a chinese... then my dad was like fu* it no point of stopping them... We rather have our kids marry who they love instead of them dying... What really got my parents was the old hmong movie called "YOG VIM LEEG TWG" with Kwm Lis...
Wow... Were they direct uncle and niece cause if they were, that is kinda messed up... *not to be mean. It's just the fact that if they were direct uncle and niece then it'd be kinda weird in a way.

Lmao. That's tight. Having Caucasian and Chinese brother in laws. I'm glad your parents are fine with it now.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
That true. You rather let your kid marry whoever they loved instead. Doesn't matter if the person they are marrying is good or bad, either way, don't stop them. If they marry the person and their life is good, then great, and if not, it'll be a lesson for them to learn. The more you try to stop them, either they will do something stupid or cut family relationship with you.
Yup!! Love truly is powerful.

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
This happened in Fresno too, about 2-3 months ago. The guy took the gal home and his parent didn't approve so they committed sucide. Sad, saw her dad on Hmong tv asking for help.

stephanie

sarNie Adult
that is soooo sad!!! *sniff sniff* i married my dad's cousin's brother in law, which would be consider my "uncle" in our hmong tradition. but in american tradition, he's not related to me ^^ omg! i cant get over how sad tht is...

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
This happened in Fresno too, about 2-3 months ago. The guy took the gal home and his parent didn't approve so they committed sucide. Sad, saw her dad on Hmong tv asking for help.
Really? I never saw it on the news where I live. Or else it's just cause I don't pay attention to the news. But that's sad. Why wouldn't they approve of the marriage? And why suicide? People always suicide because of love. Why not just run away?

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
that is soooo sad!!! *sniff sniff* i married my dad's cousin's brother in law, which would be consider my "uncle" in our hmong tradition. but in american tradition, he's not related to me ^^ omg! i cant get over how sad tht is...
That's so confusing.. I swear, Hmong family relationships are so confusing. I didn't even understand this story(the aunt&nephew part) until someone said that they're considered aunt and nephew. Lol. You're lucky he's your dad's cousin's bro-in law. You two aren't THAT close in terms of family so it's alright.

population1

sarNie Egg
My condolences goes out to them. There is no blaming who is at fault. Parents have and opinion just as much as young couples do about relationships. If it was a cover up by the parents, I'm sure there wouldn't be this video. I'm sure there wouldn't be notable mentions. Many young couples goes head over heals about love, and all things subside when in this emotional state. I didn't watch it to the end. I don't need to see the dead in their skeletal remains, since I am going to give some silent regards and respect to them. This is an example, one which is a lost. The exact motive is still debatable. All in all, the presence is still worthwhile than being dead. I'm not even in a head-over-heels type of relationship, but I am in a relationship and I do have feelings for my girlfriend, but I can still deal with the fact that everyone else can hate me, even my gf can, and that's their problem, not mine. No one can change for anyone, and if/when, no one can do it overnight. If you want someone to change, you may as well change yourself in accordance. I believe in the rebirth, so no matter how complicated my current life is, I am going to live it out the best I can.

memelee

sarNie Egg
this is sad, they're both really good looking 4 one another. i juss think the parents r bullcrap becuz y not bury ur son/daughter? y did they juss leave the body there esp for freken more than 2 yrs? (they say they wanted to let the couple stay like tat cuz they love one another, n letting their dead bodies there would satisfy them cuz they wanted to b together)BUT-- WTF. i mean comeon if u really love ur daughter/son please let them RIP n a grave TOGETHER at least! <-- i meant aside one another. and i hate the dad cuz he act like he didn't now anything. cummon, the mom [the head wife] on the other side said that his father knows about it. n the son even ask his father to marry her but-- the dad said wait till he's cure from his sickness.. but the father was a person who had the 'mos dua'? [i think tats what it spell] sickness n it can't b cured. *sigh* i guess they decided to die cuz they noe they would never get to b together. :( sad, i wish they could've juss runaway; could've been better to start a new life than to die. :eek:fftopic: sorry if my opinion was too harsh.
i think the family left the couple's body there for a reason. (just my opinion) the couple left two shirts and made it to two flags to represent their love. I think leaving them there is okay. on the other hand. its also not good because it will scare the shit out of people and their spirits wont get to go reincarnate.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I'm not feeling sorry for the couple at all. I actually feel sorry for the parent instead, if I were the parent I don't think I want to bury them too. Let them be like that because they deserved it. I never feel sorry for ppls who commit suicide because of forbin love especially this century. Your parent (mother) sacrife so much to bring you up and you have not repay her kindiness, but you go and kill yourself for someone who claim they love you not even as long as your parent did. Ppls who commit suicide are ppls with the biggest sin and yeap, they hope they will get togehter next life, I don't think so.

Also like many had replied there were many solutions to this problem, but they chose this path so why feel sorry for them. Life is precious so make every moment worth it because we never know if there will be next life.

I'm harsh on this topic because I feel it not fair to raise your kids up and they betray you like this. The same goes to ppls that become ganster too.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I'm not feeling sorry for the couple at all. I actually feel sorry for the parent instead, if I were the parent I don't think I want to bury them too. Let them be like that because they deserved it. I never feel sorry for ppls who commit suicide because of forbin love especially this century. Your parent (mother) sacrife so much to bring you up and you have not repay her kindiness, but you go and kill yourself for someone who claim they love you not even as long as your parent did. Ppls who commit suicide are ppls with the biggest sin and yeap, they hope they will get togehter next life, I don't think so.

Also like many had replied there were many solutions to this problem, but they chose this path so why feel sorry for them. Life is precious so make every moment worth it because we never know if there will be next life.

I'm harsh on this topic because I feel it not fair to raise your kids up and they betray you like this. The same goes to ppls that become ganster too.
True... Killing yourself just because of love is useless. They chose the path that is kind of stupid. It's really heartbreaking for the parents since they lost their children. Everyday, there are people out there who are suffering and on the verge of death but there are people out there who live perfectly good lives but decide to take their own lives because they can't be with their loved ones. What a waste of life. Instead of ending your own life, why not help others who are in the same position as you to prevent a suicide attempt?

It's okay that you're harsh on this topic because you have a point there. It may sound a bit harsh but it's true.

memelee

sarNie Egg

I agreed with what you said but understand that they live in Laos and the OGS are far more strict than the OGS in the U.S.

By the way, those who suicide has their reasons. Until you or someone you know, goes through a tragic that they feel they cannot escape. You will understand why they choose to end their life. I'm not saying, suicide is a good thing but everyone has their reason.

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
Really? I never saw it on the news where I live. Or else it's just cause I don't pay attention to the news. But that's sad. Why wouldn't they approve of the marriage? And why suicide? People always suicide because of love. Why not just run away?
The girl's family approved of the marriage but the guy's family didn't. The girl's family asked someone to send message to the guy's family to take her to be their bride a couple times but the parent didn't care. So the guy decided to take action into his own hands and bring the girl home. They didn't run away probably because they didn't have any money and she was probably scared to go home knowing she'll he scold at (before she left, she lied she was going on a field with school). They must have thought that they're out of option so they committed suicide. They were found dead in the car. The girl's father asked everyone to not commit sucide because of love or anything there will always be a solution.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
The girl's family approved of the marriage but the guy's family didn't. The girl's family asked someone to send message to the guy's family to take her to be their bride a couple times but the parent didn't care. So the guy decided to take action into his own hands and bring the girl home. They didn't run away probably because they didn't have any money and she was probably scared to go home knowing she'll he scold at (before she left, she lied she was going on a field with school). They must have thought that they're out of option so they committed suicide. They were found dead in the car. The girl's father asked everyone to not commit sucide because of love or anything there will always be a solution.
:eek: Wow... Even if they didn't have money, they could've found a job so that they can run away together. I guess they really were out of options to stick with suicide. Every problem has a solution. You just have to be patient to find the solution.

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
goddd...im super late on this. its very very sad to see them both
suffer juss to get each other in the next life.
so which them luck on that happening. they could of done
something better. oh god..that must have been love.

yeexiong01

sarNie Egg
Well, I didn't watch the clip so I just read everyone comments. If I remember, I think I read a part saying that they put their body together or something like that. Why do that? When they were still alive, they didn't get to be with eachother but now that they are gone, you want to put their bodies together? Parent are suppose to love their children when they are alive. I know that the parent love their kids but still. Let them be together when they are alive not when they are gone to a different place and put them together. Anyways, that's Hmong people. That's why there are couple commiting suicide because of parent not letting them be together. How I hate Hmong tradition sometimes. Let them choose who they want to spend their life with. Let them learn their own lessons. In everyone life, there is always a lessons learn.