College

Monk33

sarNie Egg
Summer is almost over and im starting college soon. Im rather scared that i might mess up and fail college. Don't even know where to start as far as planning my day. Don't even know where are all my classes for that matter. How does everyone feel when they first start college?

musicstinger

Xtreme sarNie
HAHAHAHA LOL...... don't worry about it, you'll be fine... Starting college for me was just going back to school. It's nothin but going back to school. But in college you get to meet different types of people, I think it'll be a great experience and you'll enjoy it.

About failing college?... wow you really have serious thoughts in your head..haha.... j/k.... It all depends on you, if you stick to the studying and try your best, and try hard... then you have nothing to worry about it. Of course I can tell you that, for some classes, you don't need to study at all and still get an A, and as for some other courses, you might study really hard and get a C. It kinda depends on your major also...I don't think you much to worry about. Take it easy, learn as you go... Gooooood Luck to you....

LDi

sarNie Hatchling
I'm sure you'll be fine. As nervous as you are, just remember there are people who are going through the exact same feeling you are. You'll meet you people, make you friends, have some classes that are easy, and have others where you hate your instructor.

As much as you should concentrate on school and do well, remember to have a good time to, it goes by quicker than you think. Besides, if you pass you first year, I"m sure your be capable of passing the rest.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
One advice i can give you is....READ YOUR READINGS!!! lols....alot of time there will be classes where you are expected to read chapters and stuff outta class and you better do them....or at least most of them cause if you dont...your gonna get lost. Unless you're smart and a fast learner...then dont worry.

And another advice.....RELAX AND HAVE FUN! Not the kind of fun that leaves you skipping out on every class because you have a hangover.....but im just saying.....you gotta go out there too. Dont ever stay cooped up in your dorm/apartment all semester/year long. That's no fun and you wont get to experience the "real" college life if you dont go out.

Lastly....good luck to you on your first year! It'll be great!

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
So college has been a real good experience for me!! i go to a real big campus so.... basically first week of class, you don't even have to show up!! I learn that all first week of classes really is for is just ice breakers and to class outline the semester and that's about it.... and your professors usually you off early!!!! hahah.. The bad thing bout college is you get caught with all the freedom that you realize that senioriortist follows you even in college.... so you tend to slack off alot!!!! And another thing I have to warn you about are the guys are really, really tall for some reason!!! it seems like they're all football players lol.... anyways good luck and hope you enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks that you probably won't even open! :loool:

Monk33

sarNie Egg
iamnowhere said:
So college has been a real good experience for me!! i go to a real big campus so.... basically first week of class, you don't even have to show up!! I learn that all first week of classes really is for is just ice breakers and to class outline the semester and that's about it.... and your professors usually you off early!!!! hahah.. The bad thing bout college is you get caught with all the freedom that you realize that senioriortist follows you even in college.... so you tend to slack off alot!!!! And another thing I have to warn you about are the guys are really, really tall for some reason!!! it seems like they're all football players lol.... anyways good luck and hope you enjoy spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks that you probably won't even open! :loool:
[post="156915"][/post]​
That's the thing, i guess your college is semester. for me im going to cal state pomona and we're on quarters. that's mean 10 weeks of schooling.

musicstinger

Xtreme sarNie
Wow, CSU Pomona....you're smart..... What are you worrying about in quarter systems...

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
quarter system goes faster than semester...so I'm guessing it's more difficult...

Monk33: don't worry..most freshmen feel the same way...if u're not sure about what classes to take...
talk to the coucelor at the college u're going to...get there during its summer school time n ask..

kson

sarNie Egg
School gives you the oppurtunity to meet and network with different types of people.

college - you have the world in front of you. People from all over are going to be there. lol
so, it would only get much much more interesting than your previous schooling experiences. Socializing and networking is a great way to start and it does have future benefits.

academically speaking, make you sure you know how to learn and teach yourself. the prof are there to help guide you; believe me they care alot about you; so showing effort to them is a sign(i.e. just asking them questions in their office hour.).
Plus, you might need a reccomendation letter from them later on.

I just hope you will enjoy your experience in college.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Don't feel nervous, I was nervous also when I started college almost 6 years ago. I'm finally graduating in December!!!! I felt the same way, I didn't know where my classes were and was afraid that I'd fail too. Don't worry you'll do great.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Monk33 said:
That's the thing, i guess your college is semester. for me im going to cal state pomona and we're on quarters. that's mean 10 weeks of schooling.
[post="157012"][/post]​
Wow!!! I never thought about that !! I guess college for quarter means business.....lol, I should have known, I go to ASU ( Arizona State University) playboy magazine named us number 1 party school a couple of times now......!

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
yeah dont worry guys. im feeling the same..im sooo scared of starting. plus im an athlete..so i have to practice and then all the studying, not to mention partying! haha..im scared of falling behind. to top it off..its the quarter system too...and that goes fast! so im nervous...

Muddie Murda

smile...
musicstinger said:
HAHAHAHA LOL...... don't worry about it, you'll be fine... Starting college for me was just going back to school. It's nothin but going back to school. But in college you get to meet different types of people, I think it'll be a great experience and you'll enjoy it.
[post="156756"][/post]​
Why did that laugh sound so evil? :lmao:

bugsy said:
One advice i can give you is....READ YOUR READINGS!!! lols....alot of time there will be classes where you are expected to read chapters and stuff outta class and you better do them....or at least most of them cause if you dont...your gonna get lost. Unless you're smart and a fast learner...then dont worry.
[post="156910"][/post]​

Damn right!! You're paying $100-200 for the books! READ THEM!!

I would suggest you go to campus a day before school starts and look for your classroom so you won't get lost and be late for class!!!! ^_^ I did that and it was very helpful.

Make friends with people who study too! So you guys can study together or will encourage you to study. I think joing clubs and other organization will help you too! Don't be anti-social!

Avoid stupid people! T__T hahahahaha

I wish I could go back and start over...T_T

Monk33

sarNie Egg
yeah i agree with you, im feeling the same way about going to campus early to look for my classes. Do you guys know how i can find out what book the class is using so i can be cheap and order them off ebay or something?

SunStar

sarNie Elites
you'll need to know what classes you're having and usually, a text list will be available... otherwise...you can contact the professor and ask them to tell you...

check with your campus to see if they have text rental... cuz mine does and i save a lot of money...

Muddie Murda

smile...
SunStar said:
check with your campus to see if they have text rental... cuz mine does and i save a lot of money...
[post="157849"][/post]​
ah so lucky!! haha

anyways, check w/ your bookstore. bring a list of your classroom w/ u and go to the campus bookstore and go find them and write down the title if u want to buy from online. Or you can go to your bookstore online if your school has one. You can find your textbook titles from there. :D

Monk33

sarNie Egg
Muddie MuRda said:
ah so lucky!! haha

anyways, check w/ your bookstore. bring a list of your classroom w/ u and go to the campus bookstore and go find them and write down the title if u want to buy from online. Or you can go to your bookstore online if your school has one. You can find your textbook titles from there. :D
[post="157858"][/post]​
thanks alot, will try the online thing first lol. I have one really dumb class, that's embarassing to have people know lol.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
As fun as it sounds, u have to keep up with ur studies and grades and GPA. that is soooo important. u have to maintain at least the minimum GPA for w/e financial aids u have such as grants and scholarships or watever, unless u dont have to pay anything. i received 5 scholarships and 4 got taken away because i couldn't maintain my grades. im workin my butt off to get it back or at least something else. im gonna do loans too.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
^^^^ Same here... I made too much money last year and i didn't get any grants to help..... oh man class starts this monday!!!

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
kinda late...but...when i first started (which was ages ago...lol) people made it seem hard and intimidating...but it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be...the hardest part is to just get yourself in there and do it...once you get into the "mode"...things do get slightly easier...but get help when you need it...it's just like starting a new school or going from elementary to junior high or junior high to high school...once you get the hang of things and know your way around...MAKE MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFETIME!...but like everyone has said before...keep those grades up...it's important to have fun but it's more important to stay on top of your studies...party hard but study harder...GOOD LUCK!!!