Coconut dance

Thiswunchick

sarNie Egg
Hi i need help finding the Coconut dance song....im teaching this la bum to little kids...and well the tape that i had got messed up.. so it would be awesome if sumone could help me! =D

Thiswunchick

sarNie Egg
lol...yep they will be performing it many times....they still havent learned the whole ddance yet.....sooo...and its kinda hard teaching them with out the music... =D

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
I've seen a few of the performances of the dance itself, pretty interesting to watch. I cant picture myself doing it, think I'd be out of sync from the group LOL

Thiswunchick

sarNie Egg
lol....i love doing la bum..i use to dance alot myself...but pple my age are too embaressed to dance nowadays....esp. the guys.....so now i just teach little kids... =]

Kayla

sarNie Adult
Dude, I remember when I was young, I had to do the coconut dance at our temple for New Years. I was very nervous! It was a lot of fun to learn dancing though. Wow! Those were the good ole days. Now I'm an old fart. :wavecry:

xilobabe

sarNie Egg
folk dancing is so much fun--both to watch and dance! When I was younger I'd tag along with my brother's gf (now wife) to go to her lessons and just watch. In hs there was a Khmer folk dancing club so I joined and learned a few dances, but unfortunately, i never actually performed in front of a crowd.

tinee

sarNie Egg
wow i love la bum, it played a big role in my life when i was younger. my friends and i spent every summer dancing and performing for our parents and community. we hated our dance teacher though, he was from Lowell and expected us to be discipline, which we weren't :p but i loved it anyhow just knowing the dances made me appreciate our culture even more. our group was fairly large, with three diff. age groups and since my age group had the guys we mostly learned the folk dances. folk dances are much more fun then the classical i might add. but anyhow that's the past and i miss it! well i hope you and your kids have fun and good luck! ;)

Thiswunchick

sarNie Egg
Sawina said:
kool can u teach me where do u live?Thiswunchick?
[post="43644"][/post]​
i live in lynn! i love teaching pple. esp kids.. wen i see them pereforming all thanks to my teaching them, i feell so great!