CHRISTMAS THREAD

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
Okay all you shoppies...I still haven't done my christmas shopping yet and won't be able to start until 3 days prior to chirstmas..lol. I'm not much of a shopper so can anyone give me some ideas for gifts I should get for:

My Dad who is a farmer, like's to fix things, especially his car and likes to plant things. He's very strict and tranditional, non-people person.

My Mom who is also a farmer. Loves coach bags (she has tons so I dunno if my sisters and I should pool in our money and buy her one) She likes to shop also and is a people person.

My gramps who such a darling and would always come when we call him. He likes to complain that because he's old, he's getting all these pains and diseases old people get and says he probably has cancer even though the doctor says he doesn't. When he comes over, he likes to polish his honda accord and sometimes takes my little siblings out fishing. He likes helping others.

Sister 1: Outgoing and very active, juggles school and two jobs. Is into instrumental music and likes going places.

Sister 2: Very athlethic and is a musician. She likes to cook and does most of our dinner and likes to talk on the phone, ALOT.

Sister 3 (9 yrs): Likes video and computer games.

My brother(10 yrs)likes to play video and computer games.

I got a bunch of friends but in general, what do you suggest I should get for close friends and not so close friends?

darvil

sarNie Adult
Okay all you shoppies...I still haven't done my christmas shopping yet and won't be able to start until 3 days prior to chirstmas..lol. I'm not much of a shopper so can anyone give me some ideas for gifts I should get for:

My Dad who is a farmer, like's to fix things, especially his car and likes to plant things. He's very strict and tranditional, non-people person.

My Mom who is also a farmer. Loves coach bags (she has tons so I dunno if my sisters and I should pool in our money and buy her one) She likes to shop also and is a people person.

My gramps who such a darling and would always come when we call him. He likes to complain that because he's old, he's getting all these pains and diseases old people get and says he probably has cancer even though the doctor says he doesn't. When he comes over, he likes to polish his honda accord and sometimes takes my little siblings out fishing. He likes helping others.

Sister 1: Outgoing and very active, juggles school and two jobs. Is into instrumental music and likes going places.

Sister 2: Very athlethic and is a musician. She likes to cook and does most of our dinner and likes to talk on the phone, ALOT.

Sister 3 (9 yrs): Likes video and computer games.

My brother(10 yrs)likes to play video and computer games.

I got a bunch of friends but in general, what do you suggest I should get for close friends and not so close friends?
Man.. that sure is alot of people to buy for.. I mean.. I would only buy presents for myself.. cuz I'm the only one that matters right?? :lol:

Anyway your father; does he have any tools? are any of the tools he use old or worned out?

As for your mom, you know my mother has a green thumb too.. it would be nice if you can get some cool plants for her to grow.. something unique that she normally wouldn't grow.. that could be a cool idea.

Not sure about gramps.. even though I'm a gramp myself.. I'd prefer computer parts.. but I know he won't like that :)

As for your siblings.. How much money do you have to blow on them? esp the gamers.. I mean you have alot of option but I'm going to assume you don't have enough money to buy them new gaming machines right? or perhaps a new game?

Some money value would help me here.

HmMmmmMMm....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttt..........................

lolsss... i don't know what i want. :lmao:

ijohn

sarNie Adult
nothing tangible just a conversation with my friend i miss so much... it's been almost 2 months :( ,,, so thats what i want only that,,, everything else is irrelivant and i already used my christmas wish for sombody else... :)

pink mafia

sarNie Juvenile
hmm..i can list lots of things right now..now that i've really thought out everything....

-digital camera
-namie amuro 1st anniversay live at chiba marine stadium on dvd
-namie amuro concentration 20 live at tokyo dome dvd (i only have this on vcd..and it's old!)
-namie amuro sweet 19 blues album
-namie amuro concentration 20 album
-namie amuro break the rules album
-namie amuro love enhanced album
-any type of cookbook
-movie musicals that stars gene kelly
-money..haha
-shoes....i want some peep toe platform slingbacks!
-make up...i wouldn't mind some kool eye shadows
-lip gloss lip gloss lip gloss...the good kind..my dior one is running out...=(

so basically..most of my list contains the namie amuro things that i don't have.

noungning

Heartless
lol ok here is my shopping 2 cents because i love to shop, and i'm a compulsive buyer, and it has to be goo bargains!!! yay those are wonderful! lol anyway.

dad - toolset [like darvil mentioned] maybe get electronic ones, since now a days who likes screwing them screwdrivers without the chizzle sounds?

mom - loves bags and gardening eh... i'd say, if you're looking for purses go to an outlet, you can get a coach for more than 35% off! and it's nice leather. or you can try going out of the range of coach purses, find another brand that is as appealing and get it. but if you are low on the dough, maybe you want to get her new garden accessories. or something techy for the garden/farm. well seriously, i think what mom might love is a great massager set, that'd be nice from long work days!

gramps - at old age, it's typical to sense more pain, so i suggest the same here, maybe a massager, there are various options you have, they have those seat cover things and also the handle kinds.

siblings - clothing never fails. regardless of who they are they need clothes. so if you don't have the money to buy games and such for them, look for clothing. but if you feel like pulling a few for them then go ahead with the new games. the music lovers, maybe a ticket to a concert? but eh that's alot of money, i'd rather stick to clothes.

hope that helps!

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I have the best gift idea ever!!! It's perfect for everyone.

You should get them right away since they're flying off the shelves just like Tickle Me Elmo.

However, in case none of those work, I do have an idea for your Grandpa. Get him a new fishing rod. For some reason, I think he would like that.

As for your older sister (1)...does she have a boyfriend? Nvm that...you should get her a nice book. See what her interests are. Honestly, there's not enough info on anyone up there for me to make a guess. But then again, I'm a guy and the last time I got someone a gift, they cried...

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I have the best gift idea ever!!! It's perfect for everyone.

You should get them right away since they're flying off the shelves just like Tickle Me Elmo.

However, in case none of those work, I do have an idea for your Grandpa. Get him a new fishing rod. For some reason, I think he would like that.

As for your older sister (1)...does she have a boyfriend? Nvm that...you should get her a nice book. See what her interests are. Honestly, there's not enough info on anyone up there for me to make a guess. But then again, I'm a guy and the last time I got someone a gift, they cried...

Crap, I just gone off to sleep and now I'm in RIP status. I've never seen that sold in stores here in hawaii, but i'll try to keep an eye out for that. Okay, what info do you need and I'll try to answer them...I really want to try to get good presents for them this year.

Tools is a good suggestion, but my dad has plenty, he has those red metal trunks full of tools. I already bought him a set one christmas and believe me, I don't know how to pick them. Last christmas, I gave him a new pair of working boots which cost me about $65.

I like your idea for gramp's gift noungning, it would be perfect...but what kind of a massager should I get? And what do you mean by those handle things? I like the fishing rod idea too...btw how much do those run?

Sisters, I was thinking of clothes too..these days I can't think of anything to buy as gifts except for clothes, or beauty products like lotions. At first when I was buying my ipod this year, I thought I might buy each of them that, but then they went and bought their own ipod so I'm out of ideas.

For my little brother and lil sister, one of my other sisters, kim, bought them game boards. My little sister is angling for a doll house from my sister kim's boyfriend cause she already ask my mom for a game for her Nintendo DS which the DS she just got for her birthday last month. Both my brother and sister got a Nitendo DS this year for their birthday. I think two years ago, I bought the little sibs a inflatable pool but they later traded it to their friends for some game stuff...lol.

Well, the reason why I can't shop until the 22nd is because finals is this week and my payday is on the 22nd. Plus, there's some news going around that many people are shopping late this christmas, so when I go, there'd probably be lot of other late shoppers there trying to finish their christmas shopping. I want to spend less than $400 total if that's possible. So many people to buy for and time is running. I have a big family, including me that would make it 7, and my gramps who always stop by would make it 8.

Rakniran

All i want for christmas is: :yahoo:

both black and brown :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
I want a new laptop or desktop. I bought a Dell Inspiron this april...should have gone for the apple notebook.

pink mafia

sarNie Juvenile
i just thought of more...

-i want a nice coat or peacoat
-i don't want an ipod
-i want some really good shampoo or conditioner..something that contains olive oil.

..but am i getting everything on my list....probably not..but i want at least one thing that i've listed.

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
I want
-Se7en
-Tempo
-Teddy
-to go snowboarding this x-mas
-my old comp to be fixed
-to go to Big Bang's The Real Concert
-and my niece to be born healthy