Channel 3 Reruns Edit 'Rawr' Scenes

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I remember rewatching Sawan Biang when it was rerunning I think 2 years back and I remember ch3 heavily editing the pool rawr scene there. Now I'm going through the rerun version of Jam Luey Rak and they edited the rawr scene here as well. I get that we're in a more civilized and modern time at the start of a new decade where rape is more heavily seen as a no-no but I mean, just air the lakorn the way it originally aired, come on LOL. I'm thinking about rewatching Wiwa Wah Woon and I'm betting they cut the rawr there too huh?

Original vs rerun version

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Lol, if they are gonna edit the R scenes like that, why bother adding R scene to this version. The first two versions didn’t have R scenes.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Lol, if they are gonna edit the R scenes like that, why bother adding R scene to this version. The first two versions didn’t have R scenes.
Well to be fair, in 2008 when JLR first aired, rape in lakorns was in full swing and it wasn't at all edited when it first aired in 2008, they only edited it now when it was rerun recently, so it's not the point that the first two version didn't have it. It just so happens that we live in a more sensitive time since about 2018 where we don't see rawrs in lakorns anymore so I'm betting they edited it for the sake of modern sensibilities.

bit

sarNie Adult
I think there is a new law to prohibit rape scene in lakorn, because it was influencing the youth, they are thinking it’s okay to rape. So now it’s no longer in drama.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Well to be fair, in 2008 when JLR first aired, rape in lakorns was in full swing and it wasn't at all edited when it first aired in 2008, they only edited it now when it was rerun recently, so it's not the point that the first two version didn't have it. It just so happens that we live in a more sensitive time since about 2018 where we don't see rawrs in lakorns anymore so I'm betting they edited it for the sake of modern sensibilities.
No, from what I’ve remember, 2008 JLR was edited. They showed n’ek fainted and cut to something else. I don’t know how much they edit for this rerun though.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
No, from what I’ve remember, 2008 JLR was edited. They showed n’ek fainted and cut to something else. I don’t know how much they edit for this rerun though.
They only cut short one of the attempted rape scenes. The actually rape scene where he succeeded was not edited in the original.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
They only cut short one of the attempted rape scenes. The actually rape scene where he succeeded was not edited in the original.
Oh I thought they edited because the R scene was pretty short. It was like a few second. Lol