[Ch7] Neth Nakarat (Ver)

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yui is only a year younger. Haha. But she does seem much older, since Cee looks very youthful still.

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
Yeah she does look older than Cee but I think they're compatible on screen
I think Yui is older than Cee by one year though?! 
Just 1 episode but I'm hooked already...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hanajungupup said:
Yeah she does look older than Cee but I think they're compatible on screen
I think Yui is older than Cee by one year though?! 
Just 1 episode but I'm hooked already...
Omg. I meant a year older. HAHA. But she looks much older.

I need to watch this!!

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
Go and watch it hehe
i like the jealousy scene at the end when Rat trying to make Win jealous...
They both definitely have feeling for each other

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hanajungupup said:
Go and watch it hehe
i like the jealousy scene at the end when Rat trying to make Win jealous...
They both definitely have feeling for each other
You're getting me more and more excited. Haha. Where can I watch this?!
Wait a sec. How are the action scenes? I know they're horrible, but I still have hopes for some decent action scenes. Haha.

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
phatman said:
You're getting me more and more excited. Haha. Where can I watch this?!
Wait a sec. How are the action scenes? I know they're horrible, but I still have hopes for some decent action scenes. Haha.

I'm watching it here xD Usually Thai action lakorn have a really bad CG and sucks but this one is quiet good, both Yui&Cee did real fighting and it looks quiet awesome

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hanajungupup said:
Yeah. Like they'll have a great set up to the scene, but the execution of the scene is horrible. Anyway, alright I'm going to watch it tonight! Thanks!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Oh yeah Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. Yahoo! So, so far three out of three reviews in here say it's a yay. I hope it'll be a yay from me too!

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I admit I've never liked Yui b4. I find her pretty but...This is an action packed lakorn and I was tuning in for Cee and second leads. The upside of having Yui is acting is solid and the action is nice. But the cons is she looks older than Cee while playing Cee's younger sis. Most of the time I thought she is playing as a seductress rather than a police. How can she look like a criminal when she is acting as a police? I keep waiting and waiting for her character to betray her family. Or is it just me?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Phatman, you're hard to pleased. So I'm patiently waiting for your review on this. Not tuning in because I really want to see Cee in a non-action lakorn.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Mahalo said:
Phatman, you're hard to pleased. So I'm patiently waiting for your review on this. Not tuning in because I really want to see Cee in a non-action lakorn.
I think you and I are hard to please. Haha. It's not a bad thing.

Okay, I'm home from work so off to watch!! Hehe.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I just finished episode one. First off Winai is in here! Hurray! Hehe. Second of all, Cee is hawt!! Haha. He looks good in here, minus those darn pants. Yui looks good as well, she just sounds a little old. Haha. Her and Cee look cute together, but Cee is just a wee bit too short. Haha. Now onto the actual lakorn.

I'm quite impressed with the visual quality and effects in here. Very intriguing and movie-like. I like the slow-mo effect, but not too much. However, I feel like they concentrate so much on the visual quality that they've neglected the dialogue, editing and sound quality. The dialogue is very forced and unnatural. It's like they're reading off the script and not acting it out. Editing feels a little off as well. In some scenes it's nicely edited and in others it's like cut, cut bam next scene. It messes the flow of the story. Finally, the not-so-good sound quality. They're doing a bad job filtering the background noises, so when there's no music the atmosphere becomes very awkward. Too many action scenes/music too. I know this is an action lakorn, but come on can't they give us a break? This is a lakorn, so I'm sure a little break from the action stuff is fine, because there's 15+ episodes for more action. Speaking of action, everyone is delivering during the action scenes.

I think everyone is doing a good job acting their own part, but it's the overall editing of the scene that is a bit lacking still, as usual for a Thai lakorn. I don't blame the actors, I blame the choreographer/director. On acting, even though the acting is good the characters themselves are a bit...boring.

Atsawin and Teerak/Teerab are not very interesting, they're too nice to each other. Haha. They need some umph in their relationship. I can't explain. Everyone else is the same as well. Also, I think it'd be more realistic if they showed more people. What we have are the actors and extra stuntmen only, where are the citizens? Where's the rest of the police crew? Now the storyline.
It's interesting. It's action/adventure and it's different from other Thai action lakorns I've attempted. I'm curious about this "Neth Nekara." Is it real, why did people kill each other over it? What happened when they opened that treasure chest on the beginning? This is really what's keeping me hanging.

Anyway oerall, it's a good start, I just feel like I'm not watching a Thai lakorn. It's like I'm watching a low-budget HK action film where everyone and everything is monotoned and one dimensional. Haha. It's bad compared to HK cinema, but it's quite good compared to other Thai action lakorns.

Whew, that was a mouthful. Haha. I couldn't help it. It's the only recent action lakorn I've seen without forwarding. So I needed to share my utmost objective feelings. Okay. Next episode.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
What does the title mean btw? I used google translate and it says "Serpent's Eyes." So apparently 'neth' means eyes/guide and 'nakarat' means Serpent King...?

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
The English title is curse of the lost relics.

Oh yeah I know, but that's more like a caption of the title, title. Know what I mean? Haha. I just want to know what "Neth Nakarat" translates to. HEHE.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Here's a quick summary for those who's interested in translating! I tried google translate and I understand very vaguely.

500 ปี ในอดีต ตำนานบันทึกไว้ว่าเนตรนาคราชคือดวงตาของพญานาคที่สิงสถิตอยู่ภายใต้แม่น้ำโขงในขณะที่จำศีลอยู่ ได้ถูกผู้มีวิชาขโมยไปเพราะเชื่อว่าดวงตาพญานาคคือสิ่งทรงพลานุภาพที่จะเผาผลาญทุกสิ่งอย่างให้พินาศ ใครที่ได้ครอบครองก็จะมีอำนาจอยู่ในมือ ยิ่งใหญ่ อยู่เป็นอมตะ เหนือผู้ใด แต่ละปีพญานาคจะได้ตื่นจากจำศีลขึ้นมาหนึ่งวันคือวัน 15 ค่ำเดือน 11 และพ่นไฟทวงดวงตาของตนคืนเป็นปรากฏการต่อ ๆ มาจนกระทั่งทุกวันนี้ 

ตำนานกล่าวไว้อีกว่าถ้าพญานาคตื่นจากการจำศีล 500 ปีเมื่อไร ก็จะขึ้นมาตามหาดวงตาของตน จะเกิดภัยพิบัติ น้ำในแม่น้ำโขงจะปั่นป่วนลุกเป็นไฟชีวิตผู้คนจะสูญเสียเป็นเครื่องสังเวยนับล้านจนกว่าจะมีใครนำดวงตาทั้งสองมาคืน วันเวลาผ่านไป การจำศีลจะครบกำหนด 500 ปีในวันที่ 15 ค่ำเดือน 11 ของปีนี้ 

แต่ผู้คนหาเชื่อตำนานไม่ กิเลสทำให้คนหลงผิดคิดว่าเนตรนาคราชเป็นของมีค่า เป็นของวิเศษ ที่จะทำให้เป็นใหญ่ ชีวิตเป็นอมตะเพียบพร้อมด้วยอำนาจและทรัพย์สินเงินทอง จึงทำให้เนตรนาคราชมีมูลค่ามหาศาล มีการติดตามแย่งชิงค้นหาและเข่นฆ่ากันเพื่อให้ได้เนตรนาคราชมาครอบครองเป็นสมบัติของตน โดยหารู้ไม่ว่าสิ่งที่ตนจะได้รับคือความพินาศและความตายสืบต่อไปถึงลูกหลานชั่วกัลย์

CR: drama.kapook

There's more, but I'd rather not post it because it may contain spoilers. HEHE.