[Ch7] Ban Sai Tong (DaraVdo)

looksy

sarNie Adult
Oh this is really a nice remake of Bansaithong. For me, it definitely beats Num and Joy's version and at this pace, it just might beat my beloved Saranyu and Morundee version. I find many of the scenes so beautifully done. I love how the director cuts those long scenes and continues them through the characters' flashbacks. The proposal scene was so squeal worthy......with a gesture of his hand, she senses he feels the same and runs into his arms. Him quietly holding her as his hand gently ran down her hair was just such a tender moment. Then later in her room as she sits looking at her reflection, she reflects on his words, relives the moment, and smiles her adorable smile..... she's a Sawawong now......  :wub: 

I actually don't mind all of the added scenes in this remake. These scenes make for great character development and they give this remake a more definitive feel to it. After all, this lakorn is based on two classic novels, maybe this remake is closely following the novels' storyline compared to the  two previous versions I've seen. Probably the only thing they changed completely and not in keeping true to the novel is Chai Clang not smoking a pipe.

I would have never thought of Vee for the role of Chai Clang, but he is making this role his own. Saranyu's portrayal had always embodied this character in my eyes, but now after seeing Vee's Chai Clang, I think I like this portrayal and interpretation of the character more. I like how through this Chai Clang, we are able to see him fall for Potjaman. We even see his uneasiness when other men are around her.  I so love the scenes of when she leaves the room, how his eyes(along with his heart) follows her. 

As for Min, she just shines in this role. I didn't know she was such a good actress. Her emotional scenes are perfect!! This girl can cry and sometimes, it's not the pretty crying we are used to seeing. It's a childlike, I don't care what my face looks like, no holding back kind of crying that us girls all do....behind closed doors that is. :D  But yes, Min is perfect as Potjaman. She portrays this character with the right amount of sweetness, strength, and pride. Plus, I love how cute and tiny she looks next to Vee. This pairing works for this lakorn and I'm drawn to them and their scenes together.

Can't wait until next episode.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
@ looksy, very good review of the proposal scene. So far, this version has the best proposal and the night of the wedding. I'm looking forward to watch the honey mood scenes.

I was going to mentioned about the smoking pipe too. I'm glad they took that out. 

looksy

sarNie Adult
erinhang said:
Is there going to be a willing scene in today's episode?

Yes, there is. Of course, Chai Clang would have already made his moves on Pot, but Khun Ying Chi Lai had whispered in his ears to wait until the third night so that their first child will be a boy. 

erinhang

sarNie Adult
looksy said:

Yes, there is. Of course, Chai Clang would have already made his moves on Pot, but Khun Ying Chi Lai had whispered in his ears to wait until the third night so that their first child will be a boy. 
Oh, I don't understand Thai, and I'm watching with no subs so it's kind of confusing for me. That makes so much sense now, I was so confuse when Khun Ying Chi Lai whispered in Chai Clang's ear. Thank-you!
Does anyone know if Potjaman will be pregnant?

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I believe it is the fourth night that they consummate. i was hoping to see more sweet scence before their misunderstanding come lol.

looksy

sarNie Adult
@Erinhang, yes, she gets pregnant.
@HuabNag, you are right. I wrote it wrong above. Khun Ying Chai Lai said wait 3 days, not wait until the 3rd night, so it's the 4th night that they consummated 

Overall, nice episode as expected. I was smiling watching Chai Clang being so restless on the first night of their honeymoon. For her to be so close, but yet, he has to refrain himself was torture for him. :D I won't go too much into what I like about the baby making scene because I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, but I'm satisfied.......He said all the right words, in just the right tone, and she, though so shy and nervous, understood the want in his eyes.........The scene was beautifully and tastefully done. It wasn't comical like Num and Joy's version with Num's mosquito swatting to get her to come to him, or subtle like Saranyu's version. This version has Chai Clang being more direct and not beating around the bush......making it all so swoon worthy to watch.  :wub: 

I agree with you HuabNab. I wish we got one or two more sweet scenes before they headed back home. The only thing I dislike, but do understand, is that this version has Pot worrying more about her sister while they're on their honeymoon. But I guess it's staying true to her character. She has always been a realist and not one to only be thinking of herself, especially with her sister being such a spoiled brat, it's understandable for her to worry that her sister would run amuck back home. 

EP 17 http://www.siamhahe.com/%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-1-%E0%B8%A1-%E0%B8%84-59-%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-17-ep-17/

erinhang

sarNie Adult
looksy said:

@Erinhang, yes, she gets pregnant.

I was smiling watching Chai Clang being so restless on the first night of their honeymoon. For her to be so close, but yet, he has to refrain himself was torture for him. :D I won't go too much into what I like about the baby making scene because I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it, but I'm satisfied.......He said all the right words, in just the right tone, and she, though so shy and nervous, understood the want in his eyes.........The scene was beautifully and tastefully done. It wasn't comical like Num and Joy's version with Num's mosquito swatting to get her to come to him, or subtle like Saranyu's version. This version has Chai Clang being more direct and not beating around the bush......making it all so swoon worthy to watch.  :wub: 

EP 17 http://www.siamhahe.com/%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-1-%E0%B8%A1-%E0%B8%84-59-%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-17-ep-17/

Thank-you so much for the site to watch it! I'm so excited to watch after reading your post ^. I hope I'm also satisfied with the love scenes.

erinhang

sarNie Adult
 I'm in the middle of watching it and I'm wondering if anyone can translate what Min's friend (the boy that she grew up with as a kid) wrote on the card. He also gave her perfume. I saw Vee reading it and he seemed kind of jealous.
Also, On their first honeymoon night, was Min pretending to sleep while Vee puts the blanket on her, or was she really sleeping?

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
erinhang said:
I'm wondering if anyone can translate what Min's friend (the boy that she grew up with as a kid) wrote on the card. He also gave her perfume. I saw Vee reading it and he seemed kind of jealous.

He wrote "I'm happy (fill with joy) to see you happy. If you understand me, you would know why I'm not coming. With much love, Na Koon"

Regarding the honeymoon's house, it seemed she was really sleeping, but could be she just pretend. 

@ looksy, I love reading your comments. 

Poor Chai Klang, he had to wait for 3 nights. I can see he torture a lot because the first night, he went to see her even after she sleep already. But because of his wants "a son", who will be righteous like him and humble like Poj, is much more important so he has to force himself to be refrain from Poj. Lol

I actually like Vee's Chai Klang, but some people might have different opinion lol.

I like that Vee's Chai Klang is much more soften or at least show some emotions compare to the previous two versions. It makes Chai Klang a little more human and warmer to be next to haha although at time he can be so cold too. I also like the scene after Poj talked to Pojanee and came back to the room with tears. Once Chai Klang came in, he hold her onto his arm. Sometimes when we are so tired from everything, all we want is a hug from someone we love. 

looksy

sarNie Adult
HuabNag, I love reading your comments as well and I agree. This remake really works with this interpretation of Chai Klang. Vee's Chai Klang is a good compromise in that even though he shows a little more emotion, it is still in keeping with the integrity of the character because we see he is still the same introvert, who is stern, and at times can seem cold.  Awe, but this is the essence of this remake for me, in that this man who speaks little, says little, and shows little of himself, can have his heart rattled by this young woman. That is why I so enjoyed seeing the scene of the first honeymoon night......the frustration he felt, a man who was disciplined in every aspect of his life could not tame his heart that night.  :wub:

@Erinhang, I think she was asleep when he covered her with the blanket, but I think she must have awaken after hearing him toss and turn throughout the night, causing her to smile after she covered him with the blanket.

Re-thinking about ep 17, I wish we could have seen a morning after scene in bed of them waking up next to each other. NuabNag, I'm crossing my fingers that they will include it in one of the character's flashback like they had Chai Klang think back of when he returned into her room the first night.

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
Did they ever say why Chai Klang's family lives at Ban Sai Tong and not at the Wang of his Mom Chao dad? Or was his dad a younger son and that's why they live with his grandpa from mom side? Never really understood that...I might have missed it.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Oh, I got several blood clots watching today's episode. Most definitely, the honeymoon is over. So many things happened in today's episode, but surprisingly it didn't drag and sort of felt fast paced to me. Awe, they had their first big fight. I like it that she straight out asked him if he had married her because of bansaithong. Chai Klang is a very direct man, but coming out and saying "I love you" is just not him at the moment. But I like it that earlier in the episode, he made efforts to put her mind at ease by asking why she just can't believe in him, believe in herself. Awe, but it's difficult for Poj, the gossiping servants, her difficult sister, the mean and disapproving mother and sister in law....all work to drive a confident girl like Poj into a girl weak with doubts. Oh, and there's still more problems ahead. I do hope the director/screenwriter works in some sweet moments or Chai Klang's comforting back hugs to get us through those future stroke provoking scenes. Hang in there Poj and Chai Klang!!! 

episode 18 http://www.at712.com/%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%87/drama/%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B9-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%872015/%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9918-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94/

abcde

sarNie Egg
hey i wanna start catching up but don't know where on the web's this lakorn is hidden at, could somebuddie's please links me up.... thanks Q, i have not even began  to begin the first ep. b/c i couldn't find it on youtube, and its already flies upto 18 eps already

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
looksy said:
@abced, this link has all episodes from 1-18http://108lakorn.com/category/ละครออนแอร์/บ้านทรายทอง/

This is the link for when Vee and Min were on Aom's show promoting Bansaithong: http://108lakorn.com/วันวานยังหวานอยู่-วันท-30/

Also, I have been meaning to share this for those who might be a little confused on who is related to whom. 
credit: pantip
Did they give the backstory on why Pr'ek's family lives at his grandpa's house and not his dad's wang? Cause N'ek family all comes down the male line but the male line ends with the grandfather on Pr'ek side...Panitnam. Sawangwong is from his dad's side right? So Ban Sai Tong has always belonged to Panitnam until Pr'ek mom took it.