[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

looksy

sarNie Adult
chouakim said:
Ariya, that is exactly what is being read with Kobori's expression isn't it? Bie is doing such an incredible job. This is probably the best work that Khun Boy and Ch.5 has given him. Like I told Songie, I usually like some jerkiness in a pra'ek, but for Bie, he's the only actor that I wish to have loving roles like this all the time. Maybe it's because of his happy boy image that I don't want him to depict a mean character (like his past roles,) but this just suits him so well. =D

Choua, I'm just as pleased with Khun Boy right now as I am with Koo Kum. He really really had so much faith in Bie's growth as an actor. Usually, Exact only buys copyrights to keep for around 2 years, but Khun Boy bought the lakorn rights to Koo Kum for 5 years waiting for Bie's acting to progress so that he can take on the role of our beloved Kobori. Then, when it was announced that Bie would be given the prized role, many criticized and had doubts if Bie was right for the role (myself included). In one of his interviews, Khun Boy said that if they (Exact) is going to make Koo Kum for this generation,  IT MUST BE BIE!! (whether we like it or not, haha!!)  Also, Khun Boy was so so smart to inject Bie's bubbly personality into this character, which in previous versions, Kobori was traditionally not a very expressive character. He said it was their intention all a long to make Kobori more lively.....he said we will fall in love with his smile, so imagine how much we will cry for him when he dies..........so true Khun Boy, you know your craft and I will never doubt you again.  :D 

And I'm so proud of Bie. He really rose to the challenge. He shut us doubters up and left us wanting more. I honestly can not see anyone bring this character more to life than him. He really shines in this lakorn.

pink_juliet_kashie said:
looksy, on 09 Apr 2013 - 23:36, said:

"Also, I love all of the flashbacks. I especially love the flashback of when they first meet because in the novel, Ang admitted to Kobori in the death scene that on that day, by the way he smiled at her, him being so nice and talkative, that if she was free, she would have loved him since that day."

Did she really say that in the novel? Aww my heart is blooming with love for them. I really wish I can read Thai so I can read the novel.

Yes, Ang did say that in the novel in the death scene. I hope they include it in this version. I didn't read the novel, but one of my good friends in Thailand did. She got the novel when she was 10 years old and has re-read it many times. (such a heavy subject matter for such a young reader) 

pink_juliet_kashie said:
Btw I just want to say that there's alot of Chinese fans now that watch Thai lakorns, I feel really really bad for the Bie fans who don't know the story of Koo Gum, and don't know what the hell they are in for. 

We probably don't have to worry about the Chinese fans. A few years ago when I was super active with lakorn news and was in constant contact with Chinese fans, I was so surprised with the lighting speed they got their information, even faster than pantip sometimes. They made it their business to get every single detail, so I have no doubt that they already know that this storyline has a sad ending. Also, at the time I was active, the two most popular Thai stars in China were Bie and Pong. Again, all thanks to Khun Boy. He was so smart to be the first to export lakorns to China.

chouakim

TTFC♥
Wow, I didn't know that Khun Boy had bought the rights for 5 years, waiting for Bie to "blossom," lol. It's so him to say that the role can only belong to Bie too. His love for Bie is inevitable and we can owe Bie's past successful works to him, oh the brotherly love. Thanks for sharing that info Ariya. I was surely already aware of your knowledge in this subject for Exact, lol.

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
the heart breaking scene fans don't wanna see TT. will see angsumalin kiss her hubby kobori for the first/last time as well as express her love to him fully. can't get anymore sadder than this. :cry:

credit:vikki gumbie

it's worth the wait ( 5 years) for kobori and angsumalin to be Bie&Noona. khun Boy accomplish highly- as in getting many compliments from viewers. he has very sharp eyes in seeing this couple great chemistry and their abilities to portray these characters out so well. khun Boy,Bie&Noona prove many people wrong including me. I applaud for khun Boy a lot. so grateful for him to pick Bie&Noona. exact have their new koo-kwan.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I cried seeing that picture and thinking about how Ung poured her heart to Kobori. I can already imagine Noona acting that scene. My Kbobie shouldn't die. I will cry so much on that scene.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
This is how I feel towards everything and that photo:
TT__________________________________________________________________________________________________TT
:cry:      :cry1:      :no:       :teary:      :weep:       :tearybye:     

mizzniki

sarNie Hatchling
Watching the last 2 episodes  makes me emotional already ... That means the ending is coming on Monday... My heart hurts​
 ​
Box of Tissue ready on Monday​
 ​
 ​
Am so sorry for posting the sad pictures forgive me​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
if only this lakorn would end on a happy side we would get to see this ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Random pictures​
 ​

sl33py

sarNie Hatchling
Sorry to say and be mean- maybe after khun thimamonthy (however u spell the author's name of the novel) passes away from this world... I believe some company out there will dare to break the rule of the tragic ending. Thanks for sharing pics....thats what happen when you're playing hard to get, Ang. I still don't feel sorry for her but I do for korbori. He shouldn't fall for a mean girl to begin with. She never made any promise to Vanus. Vanus only said he will come back to her if she hast change. Uugghh too late to complain, is ending already since after that one last sweet episode.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
looksy said:
And I'm so proud of Bie. He really rose to the challenge. He shut us doubters up and left us wanting more. I honestly can not see anyone bring this character more to life than him. He really shines in this lakorn.

We probably don't have to worry about the Chinese fans. A few years ago when I was super active with lakorn news and was in constant contact with Chinese fans, I was so surprised with the lighting speed they got their information, even faster than pantip sometimes. They made it their business to get every single detail, so I have no doubt that they already know that this storyline has a sad ending. Also, at the time I was active, the two most popular Thai stars in China were Bie and Pong. Again, all thanks to Khun Boy. He was so smart to be the first to export lakorns to China.

He did shut me up. I was a doubter hahah. I am also very proud of Bie. He truly made this Kobori his very own. His own brand of Kobori-ness. We'll always remember that bubbly Kobori from the 2013 version.

Chinese fans are crazy fast on news. Im not necessarily worried about them too but just any fans that happen to stumble upon this lakorn & falls in love. I noticed in recent years, alot of fans have been saying oh this is my 1st Thai lakorn. ehehe. I also agree with you Khun Boy is smart to make his stars go Inter. I know Ken & Ann have a big fan base too but they don't attend events like Pong & Bie does overseas. I really, really want to write and ask why "NO ONE" will release their lakorn box set with english subtitles?! I really don't get it. I know the Thai ET Industry strive to be like the Korean ET or Chinese ET, but if they do not change this, they cannot move forward. Let's rally! Let's gather up a whole load of Non-Thai speaking fans and flood Exact / Ch.3's mails/emails about this subject. (I didn't include Ch.7 just cuz i feel their executives aren't as modern as that of Exact/Ch.3's)

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I don't really care for subtitles because i know enough to understand for myself. But for those of you who don't know and are still learning, it would really help if they do release with subtitles too. If only i could I would suggest to Exact for it too. :)
Here's another poster

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Yes, if the lakorn did have a happy ending, we would get to see the GREAT father Kobori is. I'm already tearing up just seeing these photos. I'm rather curious about the pictures with the babies. 555 It may be just someone on the crew teams baby. Who knows. It'll be nice if we got to see their baby. It'll be sad but it'll be nice as well. 
Gosh. I hate having to see Kobo-Bie's photo and all those stuff after his death. It's a pain. I'm not ready for the last two episode yet it's trying to chase me down by airing in about 4 days! 555 If that makes any sense. AHHAHA. 
Anyways, back to my emo corner! LOL 

Reactions: Mae

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
2 more episodes left of Koo Kum, NOOOOO!!! After Koo Kum ends there's gonna be no good drama for me to watch and I'm gonna hate Monday. Koo Kum is the best lakorn ever (in history) and the most saddest, depressing, and pitiful lakorn. Again, I'm not ready for the upcoming episodes, seeing all those behind the scenes is making me sad, depress, and crying so much already. Love Bie super much and love his humorous personality, it'sjust super duper cute, adorable, and sweet.

Reactions: Mae

looksy

sarNie Adult
From the way Ang is dressed and with this hairstyle, it looks like that this is an older Ang. So this photo might be from a scene after Kobori's death. Awe, as deeply sad as I am to see the ending, I admit that a part of me is excited to see how it will be done. I feel that we will cry our hearts out, but at the same time, we will be most satisfied with the beautiful way the director and screenwriter wrapped up Kobori and Ang's exceptional love story. I think it will be most memorable and will live in our hearts for years to come.

credit: Koo Gum's facebook fan page

cikna

sarNie Adult
Just finish watching epi 20, 21 and 22. It's heartbreaking!! In ep 22, ang felt the baby kicking. Not understanding her conversation with her mom after she felt the baby move, I guess that further her longing to see her husband. She wanted to share her happiness with him after their baby made his first movement. I guess she is now in her second trimester (4-6 months pregnant). It does seem her tummy is slightly bigger. i was so into the scene, i went and check to find out when would babies make their first move in their mother's womb. :cry: and, it was almost unbearable when the two lovebirds didn't get to see each other after ang went to the base camp to see kobori. I loved kobori's contemplating to go see his hideko or not. putting on his best uniform and keeping her handkerchief. he could no longer contain his yearning too see her but only to get dashed by seeing his hideko with another man.

i constantly remind myself that this is just a drama. but most of the time it's almost impossible to convince myself of such conviction. :secret:

i totally IN for having EXACT producing eng sub dvds for international fans, beginning with KhuKam 2013! by now, the thai entertainment industry must have realised that there are fans all over the world, especially in Asia would love to understand what our favourite actors/actresses are saying in our favourite lakorns.

cecilia

Staff member
Cikna, you made me cry with that short analysis of the three episodes (all in one) ..
It's so sad to think that he'll die with her handkerchief in his pocket (crying to sleep now T______TTTTTTT)

Conversation between Ang and her mom.

Mom: I think it's good that Dokmali is moving to Burma b/c if something were to break here or that someone go after him, we probably can't bear with it too (as in can't face the torture he has to face after the war end).  And if we are to go in and help him, it's not good on our part as well.  There's really nothing good in war.  Wait, the reason why he asked to be move to Burma is maybe b/c he knew this already.

Ang: It's probably not related to that.

*Flash back of what happened*

Mom: I wonder if he'll have time to see his child's face (before leaving).  It's chaotic over there as well .. what if something were to happen ...

*Flash back*

Kobori: But if you don't want him like you don't want me ... I'll send him to live in Japan.  I already wrote to my parent that they'll have a grandchild.

*End of flashback*

Ang: Of course, I want to ... I want both of you.

Mom: Dear, what's wrong.

Ang touched her tummy
Ang: The baby, the baby .. he'll be the one to bind(hold) us together.

*Baby kick*

Ang: Mom, mom ..

Mom: Yes?

Ang: The baby .. my baby kicked.