[Ch3] Wimarn Mekkala (D One TV)

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
What a terrible remake. In fact this may be the worst remake I've ever seen. I mean if you haven't seen the older version then this wouldn't seem so bad but the older version had a great life lesson, a good romantic buildup and no stress. This remake is just the opposite of these things.

1. Paya shouldn't be rich. The old version worked so well with the fact that by the end of the lakorn, the tables were turned and Paya is technically under Mekala's power.
2. Why all of a sudden Paya decided to sleep with Mekala. There was no buildup, he just randomly decided to lift her at the beach after not even wanting to put lotion on her. In the old version there was such a good buildup. Johnny's Paya is a cold character who doesn't show his emotions. He was jealous as hell seeing Mekala with Aran and had no idea what to do when Mekala made a move on him. The fact that they gave into each other near the end of the old lakorn was great. He was drunk but finally letting it all out with his feelings, Mekala knows she loves him and then when she wakes up she finds out the truth. The progression of her finding out the truth was excellent.
3. Kaimook shouldn't be a bad character and what the hell were they thinking when adding a daughter in the story. What worked with the old version was that there were no villains other than Song; therefore no annoying and pointless subplots. Annie was a good character and she helped Paya and Mekala get together and she didn't like what her father was doing. Kaimook loved Mekala in the old version. Though she taught her to be a brat, she genuinely care for her.
4. I don't mind if remakes change the plots around as long as it is for the better. WHY THE HELL IS THIS FREAKING SUBPLOT ABOUT MEKALA BEING STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE SHE'S AN ASSASSIN. Thanks writers for turning a lakorn about loving nature, honesty and human nature into utter stupidity. Way to dumb down a once classy lakorn. This subplot was so stupid I was tempted to stop watching this lakorn, but then again I am a person who likes to torture myself so I continued. STUPID,STUPID, STUPID.
5. Andrew's portrayal. While Bella did the best she could and kudos to her, Andrew seemed to be trying to be exactly like Johnny and failed. Andrew's a terrific actor in the right lakorn. He is very stoic and stiff in this lakorn, Johnny did the same but there was depth to it and it wasn't just one emotion the whole time. Andrew was suddenly Bomb Thanin in this lakorn, every single scene had the same emotion.
6. Annie. Terrible acting, terrible subplot with the guy trying to rape her. Her father's stroke was horribly set up. Everything about and surrounding this character was terrible.

Lets just say the saving grace to this lakorn is Bella. She was true to the character, cute and funny. If this lakorn stuck more to the old version and removed 5 characters I probably would have loved Bella more in this lakorn. The pra'nang's love story had no progression, it just jumped randomly to a point where they are just thrown together because the writers didn't know how to make them love each other. When the pra'nang are already lovey dovey with no progression before the lakorn is even halfway through, you know the lakorn is going to go downhill. Thank you writers for dumbing down this lakorn. D One TV, you suck.

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
I am late to this party, but my love for my newly-found pra'ek, Andrew, brought me to finally watched this lakorn. I had it saved as a favorite to watch since summer and after watched the 1st episode, lost interest becaues I thought it was action type. Also at that time, I wasn't that interested in Andrew as pra'ek but had tried to watch it for Bella.

I enjoy the lakorn and had some good laughs ( the bad guy was funny). Love. love. love the three slow songs/osts to this lakorn and especially the last slow song to the ending. The song reminds me of this other song I loved from Fai Leung ( w/ Willy). Andrew is such an wonderful actor, but he was stoic and sulking in this role, but that could be Paya's characteristics? Andrew was terrific in the water drowning scene. I was sniffing when I saw his emotional reaction when he saw the log moving toward Mekala's head. I like every hugging scenes they had together - they were sweet.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
What a terrible remake. In fact this may be the worst remake I've ever seen. I mean if you haven't seen the older version then this wouldn't seem so bad but the older version had a great life lesson, a good romantic buildup and no stress. This remake is just the opposite of these things.

1. Paya shouldn't be rich. The old version worked so well with the fact that by the end of the lakorn, the tables were turned and Paya is technically under Mekala's power.
2. Why all of a sudden Paya decided to sleep with Mekala. There was no buildup, he just randomly decided to lift her at the beach after not even wanting to put lotion on her. In the old version there was such a good buildup. Johnny's Paya is a cold character who doesn't show his emotions. He was jealous as hell seeing Mekala with Aran and had no idea what to do when Mekala made a move on him. The fact that they gave into each other near the end of the old lakorn was great. He was drunk but finally letting it all out with his feelings, Mekala knows she loves him and then when she wakes up she finds out the truth. The progression of her finding out the truth was excellent.
3. Kaimook shouldn't be a bad character and what the hell were they thinking when adding a daughter in the story. What worked with the old version was that there were no villains other than Song; therefore no annoying and pointless subplots. Annie was a good character and she helped Paya and Mekala get together and she didn't like what her father was doing. Kaimook loved Mekala in the old version. Though she taught her to be a brat, she genuinely care for her.
4. I don't mind if remakes change the plots around as long as it is for the better. WHY THE HELL IS THIS FREAKING SUBPLOT ABOUT MEKALA BEING STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE SHE'S AN ASSASSIN. Thanks writers for turning a lakorn about loving nature, honesty and human nature into utter stupidity. Way to dumb down a once classy lakorn. This subplot was so stupid I was tempted to stop watching this lakorn, but then again I am a person who likes to torture myself so I continued. STUPID,STUPID, STUPID.
5. Andrew's portrayal. While Bella did the best she could and kudos to her, Andrew seemed to be trying to be exactly like Johnny and failed. Andrew's a terrific actor in the right lakorn. He is very stoic and stiff in this lakorn, Johnny did the same but there was depth to it and it wasn't just one emotion the whole time. Andrew was suddenly Bomb Thanin in this lakorn, every single scene had the same emotion.
6. Annie. Terrible acting, terrible subplot with the guy trying to rape her. Her father's stroke was horribly set up. Everything about and surrounding this character was terrible.

Lets just say the saving grace to this lakorn is Bella. She was true to the character, cute and funny. If this lakorn stuck more to the old version and removed 5 characters I probably would have loved Bella more in this lakorn. The pra'nang's love story had no progression, it just jumped randomly to a point where they are just thrown together because the writers didn't know how to make them love each other. When the pra'nang are already lovey dovey with no progression before the lakorn is even halfway through, you know the lakorn is going to go downhill. Thank you writers for dumbing down this lakorn. D One TV, you suck.
I agree 100%. I don't remember everything in the old version because it's been a while, but I do remember being in love with Phaya and Mekkala's relationship in there. I remember the lakorn was slow, but it didn't have all these annoying characters. I remember loving it AND freaking loving that bed scene that was so well built up!

This lakorn . .. .I'm gonna pretend it's not a remake. Hahaha .It doesn't qualify to be a remake because other than Mekkhala being Kroo Prim there is no other similarity! Haha. Yes that assassin sub plot got me cracking up. Tbh it would be more funny if they made it comedic, but no they took it too seriously and made it like a serious subplot. Shame shame. Anyway. I'm so done with this lakorn, but . . . heck I'm so in love with Bella and Andrew that I have to finish it. Currently on Ep7... Almost done.