❤️[CH3] Saan Sanaeha (Wave TV Company): Toey Pongsakorn/Mint Chalida

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Wouldn’t mind Pope and her at all. They were super cute in Tawan Deurd. I don’t even know if he’s still in Poo Yai Lee either. They haven’t even updated that one. I wouldn’t mind if Mint did that Lakorn with him though plus it would be for broadcast, a good production .
Popes management really messed him up after BPS!! He literally has done nothing for a couple of years and he’s not going to have any thing again for longer once his lakorn with Bella airs in the next slot. He’s just been filming one thing this whole time. What a bummer for him. Bella has been playing her cards after BPS and got herself another hit with KK

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
http://instagr.am/p/B_o_X1oBdRe/ Mint promoting Khun Tu’s makeup product on her ig story yesterday! She’s the producer or something for Wave Media Lol Maybe it really is mint in her lakorn.

1FBF5494-75E6-40C5-8A4B-3A24681A9DF8.jpeg
I asked Khun Tu on ig if we could have a hint about who the n’ek and p’ek in her new lakorn are gonna be and told her we were waiting. She said “I still can’t say”. Man these producers sure know how to tease us lol

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Popes management really messed him up after BPS!! He literally has done nothing for a couple of years and he’s not going to have any thing again for longer once his lakorn with Bella airs in the next slot. He’s just been filming one thing this whole time. What a bummer for him. Bella has been playing her cards after BPS and got herself another hit with KK
Yeah, in my opinion Bella’s lakorns in general always have been pretty good. Even before BPS she had Padiwarada and Plerng Boon that both did really well. I think Bella gets pretty good lakorns in general and that’s why I enjoy watching her lakorns. Pope had his lakorn with Chippy afterwards and that Lakorn was terrible. I watched the whole thing though just like I watched Matt’s and Nadech’s lakorn lol.
I do remember when Pope and Chippys lakorn was airing, they went to a show to promote it and the host asked them to tell her about their upcoming projects and at the time both didn’t have anything and jokingly said “Ch3 please give us lakorns” so yep, Pope’s management sucks for sure. They are probably just hoping for a buzz with him and Bella’s upcoming Lakorns but Pope isn’t getting any younger.

Boy has been in a few of her lakorns I noticed.

Last edited:

fun

Expired Sarnie
I hope it is not Ter! I think certain actors are just better off doing films and Ter is one of them.

I don't want Ken T, Aum A, or Tik J lol I think they are way past their prime. I think it just sucks for the older male actor to get good roles. I would love to see them do more adult/mature/dark roles. Some example would be On Call (HK), Dr. Jin (JP and SK), It's Okay, That's Love (SK), 1 Litre of Tears (JP), Dandelion Love (TW), or something that is more focused on the male character. No remakes lol Thailand has not done one remake that I think is as good as the original.

Romcoms are good when it has a good script... action and comedy is probably one of the worse combination though. It takes real talent to screen write and direct one.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Pope could have made something after his lakorn with Bella but I feel like he's not as savvy as her. He just seemed to cruise through and taking whatever. Bella is one of the wisest when it comes to business or else she wouldn't able to handle Weir and his cheating scandal perfectly.

I guessed, some people are chilled enough to just accept what is given and go about their business...which also apply to Mint. She has been in the industry for a while and she hasn't gotten a role where it define her. She's just there going from one lakorn to another where her roles is forgettable. I like her most in 2 Spirits love. Yaya and Kim has had some roles where they can at least venture out Mint has been just Mint lol.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Pope could have made something after his lakorn with Bella but I feel like he's not as savvy as her. He just seemed to cruise through and taking whatever. Bella is one of the wisest when it comes to business or else she wouldn't able to handle Weir and his cheating scandal perfectly.

I guessed, some people are chilled enough to just accept what is given and go about their business...which also apply to Mint. She has been in the industry for a while and she hasn't gotten a role where it define her. She's just there going from one lakorn to another where her roles is forgettable. I like her most in 2 Spirits love. Yaya and Kim has had some roles where they can at least venture out Mint has been just Mint lol.
Actually a lot of daras in Yaya and Kim generation does not have anything really memorable lol Memorable lakorn but not memorable character. I actually loved her to pieces in Wan Jai Gub Nai Jom Ying and Khun Chai Ronapee. I liked her in 2 Spirits Love but I don't think that lakorn was all that great. My favorite is Neur Mek 2 but OMG will they ever release the rest of the episodes!!! I am not even a fan of action lakorn and I absolutely loved it.

Last edited:

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid

I actually think if I were to pick one Khun Chai Ronapee was be Mint's defining and most successful role. It showed that she could truly play a serious and sympathetic character. I do wish they would have finished airing Nuer Mek 2. I think that would have been another memorable role for her. If only the channel would give her more roles like that. As much as I loved her in Two Spirits Love that was more thanks to her and Mario's chemistry than anything else. I did not enjoy her character much in it.

As for Yaya and Kim, yes they are more favored by the channel and definitely generate more buzz, but until Kleun Cheewit I did not really think Yaya could play very serious roles either. She always played the nice girls before that. Kim, as talented as I think she is, was always stuck with the bratty roles. So if we were to break it down to the general roles they were given, it'd go like this:
Mint - Tom-boyish roles/romantic comedy
Yaya - Sweet, innocent nice girl
Kim - Bratty roles

Yaya and Kim simply get the benefit of better p'eks and way better wardrobes. Channel 3 needs to be better about giving their talents different genres to work with.

Last edited:

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
I hope it is not Ter! I think certain actors are just better off doing films and Ter is one of them.

I don't want Ken T, Aum A, or Tik J lol I think they are way past their prime. I think it just sucks for the older male actor to get good roles. I would love to see them do more adult/mature/dark roles. Some example would be On Call (HK), Dr. Jin (JP and SK), It's Okay, That's Love (SK), 1 Litre of Tears (JP), Dandelion Love (TW), or something that is more focused on the male character. No remakes lol Thailand has not done one remake that I think is as good as the original.

Romcoms are good when it has a good script... action and comedy is probably one of the worse combination though. It takes real talent to screen write and direct one.
I agree with you! Those peks are way over their time. I rather see Mint pair up with someone young. Don’t get me wrong, I used to love Ken but he is over his time. It’s time for the younger gen to get good roles now.

Last edited:

fun

Expired Sarnie
OMG if they reunite her with Toey, I am going to cry. One of the reason I was unable to watch Fah Fak Ruk.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I agree with you! Those peks are way over their time. I rather see Mint pair up with someone young. Don’t get me wrong, I used to love Ken but he is over his time. It’s time for the younger gen to get good roles now.
Actually, if Ken, Aum and Tik looks are the issue, it's their acting and chemistry with their nang ek. The type of genres too... Like I said they need something like Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, Itaewon Class, Nirvana Fire... not a remake but an original.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
OMG if they reunite her with Toey, I am going to cry. One of the reason I was unable to watch Fah Fak Ruk.
I really liked that lakorn lol. I thought they were cute together haha.
Actually, if Ken, Aum and Tik looks are the issue, it's their acting and chemistry with their nang ek. The type of genres too... Like I said they need something like Team Bulldog: Off Duty Investigation, Itaewon Class, Nirvana Fire... not a remake but an original.
Yeah, I hate how they remake lakorns and the peks they chose are older than the pek in the previous version! Examples: Tik is older than Weir. Por N. I believe is older than both Andrew and Vee and he was in Tang Pan Kammathep (one of my fav Lakorns) and he was in Nang Tard.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I honestly don’t have a problem with Mint pairing up with Ken T or Aum but for now Mint really needs a popular p’ek to really get her career back on track cause unfortunately the way I see it, she seems to slowly be declining in popularity. Not like a big dip or anything but I can slowly see her declining. Her recent lakorns haven’t really done super well due to weak pairings and storylines that haven’t really garnered her much attention. People don’t pay attention to Ken T and Aum anymore so if she’s paired with one of them it won’t bring any buzz to her. She needs a new pairing with someone like James Ji or Great to really pick up her career a little bit. These b-list p’eks that they keep giving her plus the mediocre storylines is not doing much for her career. I don’t think Nadech’s fan will really like her pairing up with him so I feel like that’s just gonna bring negative attention to her but hey any publicity is better than nothing! I can definitely see that pairing create a ton of buzz so it might do her some good!

BeLLa

sarNie Adult
I honestly don’t have a problem with Mint pairing up with Ken T or Aum but for now Mint really needs a popular p’ek to really get her career back on track cause unfortunately the way I see it, she seems to slowly be declining in popularity. Not like a big dip or anything but I can slowly see her declining. Her recent lakorns haven’t really done super well due to weak pairings and storylines that haven’t really garnered her much attention. People don’t pay attention to Ken T and Aum anymore so if she’s paired with one of them it won’t bring any buzz to her. She needs a new pairing with someone like James Ji or Great to really pick up her career a little bit. These b-list p’eks that they keep giving her plus the mediocre storylines is not doing much for her career. I don’t think Nadech’s fan will really like her pairing up with him so I feel like that’s just gonna bring negative attention to her but hey any publicity is better than nothing! I can definitely see that pairing create a ton of buzz so it might do her some good!
We always want the best for her but sometimes i do wonder if she is not in good terms with ch3 management/producer. She rarely interact with them on her socmed and join events like others.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
We always want the best for her but sometimes i do wonder if she is not in good terms with ch3 management/producer. She rarely interact with them on her socmed and join events like others.
Yup I’ve always wanted the best for her in terms of her career but looks like she’s always being thrown the scraps from Ch3 :confused: I don’t want to bring the whole thing with her and mark up in here but I think after all that mess between them and seeing how so many of the higher ups and producers at Ch3 gave him priority over her, she probably distanced herself a lot from them. She probably is not on bad terms with them but just understands how at the end of the day she will never be the priority to them. They made that clear with the treatment they gave her after all of that mess. Kind of sad to see really.

BeLLa

sarNie Adult
Yup I’ve always wanted the best for her in terms of her career but looks like she’s always being thrown the scraps from Ch3 :confused: I don’t want to bring the whole thing with her and mark up in here but I think after all that mess between them and seeing how so many of the higher ups and producers at Ch3 gave him priority over her, she probably distanced herself a lot from them. She probably is not on bad terms with them but just understands how at the end of the day she will never be the priority to them. They made that clear with the treatment they gave her after all of that mess. Kind of sad to see really.
Too bad. It would be better if she left ch3. All celebs under P Gun (her manager) works with ch7. I think she would be better there.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Too bad. It would be better if she left ch3. All celebs under P Gun (her manager) works with ch7. I think she would be better there.
I’m pretty sure if Mint went freelance there would be channels lining up after her. No doubt about that. She’s still going strong in her career as of now and beautiful with lots of untapped potential. If I were her, once her contract ends I would for sure leave and stay freelance.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Freelancee, are they more likely be able to chose project? I know with Ch3 and Ch7, it's harder to be picky. And she would not do any better at Ch7. They are just as bad lol

She might end up doing evening lakorn in about 2-3 more years. Evening lakorn does have better script writing which baffles the hell out of me cause shouldn't it be the other way around lol

She does well even with mediocre pra ek (coughbombcoughcough although he has gotten better over the years). Toey is a decent actor but what fails me is his attraction. You can be not so good looking but still give that aura of attraction.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Freelancee, are they more likely be able to chose project? I know with Ch3 and Ch7, it's harder to be picky. And she would not do any better at Ch7. They are just as bad lol

She might end up doing evening lakorn in about 2-3 more years. Evening lakorn does have better script writing which baffles the hell out of me cause shouldn't it be the other way around lol

She does well even with mediocre pra ek (coughbombcoughcough although he has gotten better over the years). Toey is a decent actor but what fails me is his attraction. You can be not so good looking but still give that aura of attraction.
Agree, Ch7 is just as bad. I think freelance would be the best choice for her. I mean for a girl like Mint, if she went freelance I’m sure there would be many offers for her so more choice than she probably gets now at Ch3.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
You know I totally agree with that whole situation. I think after that things just started declining for her. She’s not one of Ch3’s favorites so honestly she kind of gets mediocre lakorns. They don’t utilize her to the best of her ability.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Mint at this point seemed like she's happy with what she has with channel 3. At the end of the day, she goes home and deal with her businesses and that's where her priorities are at. She's been acting for so long that it isn't that essential anymore. She's in the same category as Chippy, Steph and a few more. Where acting is something to keep you busy but it isn't their life.