[CH3] Thong Eak Mor Ya Tah Chaloang (Sonix Boom) Mario Maurer / Kim Kimberley

NongS

sarNie Hatchling
I saw the final episode and I am very satisfied... It was hard to keep up the momentum because of the cholera episodes but they used it well to give drama and a good view of the historical impact of these diseases and how even talented individuals like Thong eak were not enough.

Chongkaeyo :lol: I love her, she and Kim are great together.
Will anyone explain to me Nichkun's appeal?

I have not seen much of Mario lakorn, only some movies and part of Plerng Torranong and I found him cute but not attractive (which is still true, because my kind of guy is Punjan lol) but he can act very well and they used his sensitive and vulnerable face well in this lakorn. And even Kim, they knew that people say things about her, that she's too big (what??) or not feminine and they used it to good comic effect. Chaba is really one of my favourite lakorn heroines :icon12: I am glad they kept her tough and didn't make her softer.
My favourite part was them trying to kidnap Chongko's kid, Kim and Chongko's married woman gossip, and the last scene of Pong and Kla, they looked so happy.
Any issues with this lakorn :
There was stretching of the lakorn, I feel it was meant to be shorter.
Overuse of background music.
This is silly but why is the women's hair open when they are treating patients? It's basic hygiene! It's easier to spread disease that way and old medical traditions wouldn't have allowed it.
P'Ohn is fun but she was overacting and I didn't really enjoy her. Also what happens to Lampur? I wish we found out.

I am glad I saw this, it was refreshing and wholesome and actually taught me something. Will miss this and will definitely look at more of Mario's work. His next one sounds terribly depressing though. Kim I'm anyway on board.

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Episode 14, last episode.

Paik is back. Aww these three friends Thong Ake, Paik and Toon.

Wow, Kla asked Pong to married him, aww ''someone who loves you'' to cute.

Chaba is still sick :( Thong Ake is holding her hand/talking to her. He tells her doctors are they now. He wants he to go, if they see her there and she gets better they won't get scared. she says let's go. Her brother and Thong Ake are so worried.

Aww Thong Ake is by Chaba and holding her hand again. Now she wants up and sees Kla. Kla is helping taking care of her while Thong Ake is busy.

Chaba is eating now, Thong Ake is taking care of her :). Chaba is almost all better. That is good she is walking around now. Aww Thonh Ake is staring at her. Chaba sees her family, after they look she faint's a bit she is still a little weak.

Mun is going to jail now.

Yay Chaba Dad's is better with Thong Ake now, Family time.

Aww Perm told Klina that he loves her, now she says it.

Aww Kla got Pong to smile.

That Chaba and Thong Ake scene by the water, so cute.

Toon has a wife and baby, Chongko is pregnant she is having her baby. Okay Ghost Chaba was just Thong Ake's and Chaba's imagination. They had a baby.

OMG this scene :lol:.

Aww taking care of each other plus cute kisses.

Kla and Pong had a son also. They are cute together.

Yay Chaba is pregnant. Loved the last scene.

OMG these bloopers :lol:.

jennamt4

sarNie Hatchling
I'm thinking of watching this lakorn next. I had binge-watched Mario's lakorn with Mint over the weekend and can't get enough of Mario. Worth watching? I'm not much of a boran lakorn fan but have seen a few.

Will anyone explain to me Nichkun's appeal?
I don't get the appeal either. I thought he was cute when he was a frequent guest on Star King in 2008-2009. But aging doesn't become him (just my opinion, so all the Nichkun/2PM fans, please don't hate me). I couldn't watch his recent drama/film because I don't find him attractive in them.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I feel like whenever a lakorn is overly hyped I don't see it as great as people say it is. This lakorn was good but it wasn't great. The acting was stellar but I feel like the plot could have been meatier. I'm all in for a chill and funny lakorn and the first couple of episodes were hilarious and well done but the part were everyone got sick and ThongAek was overwhelmed and depressed went a little too long and I got bored. The Mae Nak imagination in the last episode went a little too long that the way things the scenes flowed into one another felt very messy. It was a funny parody and good use of Mario's role from Pee Mak but still waayyy too long. I do appreciate that the leads married early on and we see their marriage life rather than adding draggy subplots. Mario's impatience to consummate the marriage was hilarious, especially when he makes pouty, crying faces.

Mario and Kim had good chemistry but physically like with Mai, Mario looked super small next to Kim. The p'ek is kind of a flake, he was so into Pong but suddenly fell for Chaba after spending a couple of days with her and just abandons Pong. But he's such a sweetie to Chaba that you're like oh well, you're kind of a jerk but meh I forgive you. I also loved ThongAek's scenes with his grandfather, it is so endearing.

The relationship between Suer and Pong could have been better. They only had a couple of scenes together and BAM they're doing it. Pong had way more progression with ThongAek than with Suer. I felt like there was more feeling from Suer towards Pong while Pong just goes with the flow. She seemed happier and more in love with ThongAek. They had good chemistry but there needed to be more development between them, I think the problem is that Punjan showed up too late in the lakorn.

Overall I enjoyed this, it could have been better though.

twister02

M♥K
i misss this lakorn miss the laughs :D i think people there will enjoy the cmedy in this just the facial expression is enough :lol:
it's a paid streaming service and have a large audience too. I think this will be the first ch3 drama that I saw in Netflix. Most of the Thai dramas I saw in that platform were from OneHD and GMM. It should be a good exposure for both Mario and Kim.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Congratulations once again to the Thong Eak Mor Ya Tah Chaloang cast & crew! This is the VERY FIRST Ch.3 lakorn to be made available on Netflix.

It is also one of the first Thai dramas EVER IN HISTORY to be broadcast in South Korea.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: