[Ch3] Tang Duen Hang Ruk (Citizen Ken)

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I haven't watched this week's episodes yet, but it sounds promising. I've been wishing a new guy for Sun since forever. I was so relieved and glad when she turned Ja down to being her maid of honor in episode 6. For a second there I thought she was going to cave in. But I have to say, I really like the scenes where Sun and Wutt are just friends and not obsessing over their so-called unrequited love. There's an innocence and intimacy to those scenes that makes one understand why they're so into each other.

And yes, someone just kill Joe. To give him his due, he's not cheating because he wants to hurt See (even though that's exactly what he's doing); he cheats because he can and because he wants to. That nurse he is/was dating is really scary and very unethical as a nurse. I can't decide if dating her or Pat will be Joe's downfall. I thought he might change his ways if one of the girls he dates tries to kill See (like the deranged nurse), but Pat is more sly and seems like she can do more damage because she's smart.

Ja used to be unsuspecting, but the seeds have been sown as seen in episode 6. Now she's half suspecting, half in denial. It might become full blown denial before she turns into "scorned woman."

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@lenlin;
I didn't see the scenes where the nurse tried killing See but See mentioned that the nurse gave her medicine to eat right? I need to stop skimming through the episodes just to get to Woot/San's scenes lol I was watching Rising Sun Series 1 and when I saw Au, in my head, I called him "JO!!" UGH I cannot forgive Au's character in here. Men like him most certainly does not deserve second chances in anything. period. It might even take me years to try to watch another drama of his haha 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Well I'm not sure what she gave See because I think the video I watched skipped the scene where Win told See what the medicine was after the result came out because I never saw the scene where See confronted the nurse about whether she knew Joe even though I saw that scene in the next previews and the nurse alluded to it in a conversation with Joe later on. I know Win got the results back and was shocked by what it was, and then the scene switched to Joe receiving a text and See walking in on him, so I'm not sure if the nurse was trying to kill See (yet), but she was definitely trying to make her feel worse. From See's symptoms, I think she gave her a depressant or downer because See got all weepy and emotional and depressed. I think if See ate enough of those, she might end up contemplating suicide and then no one would suspect anything because her husband was a cheater and all her friends knew See wasn't happy about it. (Quite a big conjecture, but it makes sense to me lol.)

I really like Au. He's always given off a very steady, very stable feeling and I like that in a man lol, so when he plays villain or a morally corrupt character, it's always that much worse.

(By the way, I'm just as guilty of rushing the scenes to get to Sun and Wutt, too. :secret:)

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
So I just watched 7 and 8. I find it amazing that Wutt has known Sun for 9 years and she's been such a big influence in his life, but she has never met his mom before the grand opening of his new company. I wonder if his mom's dislike of Sun stems from the kind of person she thinks Sun is, or because she thinks Sun's a homewrecker trying to steal Wutt away. As if their relationship wasn't already complicated enough.

And I can't believe Sun actually agreed to be the maid of honor. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. On the one hand, she'll never get over him, and plus, now that Ja's suspicious of them, the truth will come out, but on the other hand, Sun wouldn't have agreed if she didn't think it was really over between them, which implies she's at least trying to move on.

More than Joe, I believe I hate Pat the most. She goes around spreading pain to everyone just because she's bored and because she can't stand Sun and her friends being happy. Both Pat and their blond-haired friend need to move on and get a life.

I think I figured out how the four ladies became friends. It's because they all live in the same condo (before See married, that is). It might have been mentioned in the first couple of episodes, so that just goes to show how little I paid attention in the beginning lol.

D~D

sarNie Adult
So ... Does anyone want to help explain to me what happen in Wutt and Sun part in Ep.11 ??? Pretty please :( just a short cap on their part.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not exactly sure what part you're referring to or if you want to know word for word what they said because I don't know that at the top of my head, but basically, after Wutt missed his dinner date with Ja because he was working with Sun, his mom laid into him when he got home and completely innocently he replies, "Nope, Ja and I didn't have any plans to meet." The mom reminds him of their reservation at the Japanese restaurant and how Ja waited forever but he never showed up. Wutt checked his phone and saw that he did have missed calls from her. He called her just as his mom asked him if he was with Sun and he said yes. Then his mom told him he should stay away from her or something to that effect, to which Wutt said, "Without Sun, I wouldn't be where I am today (or I wouldn't be here today)," and of course Ja heard all that and realized how important Sun was to Wutt, so the next night she showed up at his workplace. Feeling like an extra person, Sun left. During dinner, Ja asked him if he even wanted to marry her, and Wutt looks at her.

Meanwhile, Sun had been called by Wutt's mom. Sun shows up at their house where the mom explains that this is Wutt's place/area of the house, and Sun replied that she knew that because she's eaten dinner with Wutt and Ja here before. Then the mom said it was going to become Wutt and Ja's bridal house and that she kept telling Wutt to redecorate the place so that it looks like Ja's home, too, but he never did. At first the mom thought it was because he was too busy, but she now realizes it was because of Sun. Sun started to say that his mom got it all wrong, but Wutt's mom interrupted her saying that her son loves Sun but that it will never work out between them, that they're all wrong for each other because Sun could never make him happy. Sun looks all stunned and the mom goes on to say that it's because Sun's a successful career woman and men don't like women who are more successful than them, that they can't live with being inferior to their woman. She told her that their love will never last and eventually they'll end up going their separate ways because of it. Then she told Sun that she's not blaming her or criticizing her. It's because she's been through it herself so she knows. She had always been more successful than Wutt's dad, but she thought love would hold them together. In the end, he left her anyway, so she didn't want the same thing to happen to Sun and Wutt. During this whole story, Sun is crying because some of her own fears surfaced and were validated by Wutt's mom's own experience.

Later, Wutt returns and tells his mom he's not marrying Ja. His mom tells him he is and that Sun will no longer be a part of his life. He was like what are you talking about? And his mom tells her that she had a talk with Sun and Sun had agreed to leave him alone. Wutt asked her what she said to Sun and then he left to go to Sun's place. He called Sun, but she told him she was out on a date. He asked her what his mom said to her, but Sun didn't really answer him (or I can't remember if she did). She just told him that from now on Wutt should never come see her again.

The next day, Wutt's mom calls Ja and her dad to come over to their house to get Wutt and Ja officially engaged. Wutt gets really mad and leaves. He shows up at Sun's workplace to talk to her again and Sun pretty much repeats that he shouldn't come see her and that they should get out of each other's lives and go their separate ways. Wutt doesn't give up, but he can't find or reach her, so he tracks down her friends and asks them if they know where Sun is. They say she's probably at work, and Wutt replied that Sun took a vacation. Then she must be at home, and Wutt replied, "She moved out." Her friends got really shocked and went to check. The receptionist said Sun informed them a few days ago that she was moving out. Jane came back and said it was true; all of Sun's things were gone.

Wutt goes home where his mom tells him the date has been settled. He packs up his things and leaves. He goes to that fateful place where he was "rejected" by Sun 5 years ago and leaves Sun a message that he loves her. He tells her he meant to keep that secret with him forever, but since Sun left him and he'll never see her again, he wants her to know that he loves her and that it has always been her. He also tells her that if he could redo things, he would. Sun goes outside for some fresh air, and it turns out she's at the same place Wutt is at because it holds a special place in both their hearts.

Meanwhile, Ja figured out that Wutt took off even though Wutt's mom tried to cover it up, and she wonders/worries what if Wutt doesn't come back in time for the engagement ceremony.

Sun and Wutt spend some time together, pretending reality didn't exist. Wutt repeats that he loves Sun, and Sun tells him she loves him, too. Wutt is happy about it until she reminds him that he's getting engaged tomorrow and that they can't run from reality...and I think it ends there. Sun may have added that Wutt needs to show up at his engagement ceremony, or that line could have been said in the previews lol.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing or if scenes are mixed up. I'm going from memory. Only 2 more episodes until it ends (today's and next Tuesday's).

D~D

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
I'm not exactly sure what part you're referring to or if you want to know word for word what they said because I don't know that at the top of my head, but basically, after Wutt missed his dinner date with Ja because he was working with Sun, his mom laid into him when he got home and completely innocently he replies, "Nope, Ja and I didn't have any plans to meet." The mom reminds him of their reservation at the Japanese restaurant and how Ja waited forever but he never showed up. Wutt checked his phone and saw that he did have missed calls from her. He called her just as his mom asked him if he was with Sun and he said yes. Then his mom told him he should stay away from her or something to that effect, to which Wutt said, "Without Sun, I wouldn't be where I am today (or I wouldn't be here today)," and of course Ja heard all that and realized how important Sun was to Wutt, so the next night she showed up at his workplace. Feeling like an extra person, Sun left. During dinner, Ja asked him if he even wanted to marry her, and Wutt looks at her.

Meanwhile, Sun had been called by Wutt's mom. Sun shows up at their house where the mom explains that this is Wutt's place/area of the house, and Sun replied that she knew that because she's eaten dinner with Wutt and Ja here before. Then the mom said it was going to become Wutt and Ja's bridal house and that she kept telling Wutt to redecorate the place so that it looks like Ja's home, too, but he never did. At first the mom thought it was because he was too busy, but she now realizes it was because of Sun. Sun started to say that his mom got it all wrong, but Wutt's mom interrupted her saying that her son loves Sun but that it will never work out between them, that they're all wrong for each other because Sun could never make him happy. Sun looks all stunned and the mom goes on to say that it's because Sun's a successful career woman and men don't like women who are more successful than them, that they can't live with being inferior to their woman. She told her that their love will never last and eventually they'll end up going their separate ways because of it. Then she told Sun that she's not blaming her or criticizing her. It's because she's been through it herself so she knows. She had always been more successful than Wutt's dad, but she thought love would hold them together. In the end, he left her anyway, so she didn't want the same thing to happen to Sun and Wutt. During this whole story, Sun is crying because some of her own fears surfaced and were validated by Wutt's mom's own experience.

Later, Wutt returns and tells his mom he's not marrying Ja. His mom tells him he is and that Sun will no longer be a part of his life. He was like what are you talking about? And his mom tells her that she had a talk with Sun and Sun had agreed to leave him alone. Wutt asked her what she said to Sun and then he left to go to Sun's place. He called Sun, but she told him she was out on a date. He asked her what his mom said to her, but Sun didn't really answer him (or I can't remember if she did). She just told him that from now on Wutt should never come see her again.

The next day, Wutt's mom calls Ja and her dad to come over to their house to get Wutt and Ja officially engaged. Wutt gets really mad and leaves. He shows up at Sun's workplace to talk to her again and Sun pretty much repeats that he shouldn't come see her and that they should get out of each other's lives and go their separate ways. Wutt doesn't give up, but he can't find or reach her, so he tracks down her friends and asks them if they know where Sun is. They say she's probably at work, and Wutt replied that Sun took a vacation. Then she must be at home, and Wutt replied, "She moved out." Her friends got really shocked and went to check. The receptionist said Sun informed them a few days ago that she was moving out. Jane came back and said it was true; all of Sun's things were gone.

Wutt goes home where his mom tells him the date has been settled. He packs up his things and leaves. He goes to that fateful place where he was "rejected" by Sun 5 years ago and leaves Sun a message that he loves her. He tells her he meant to keep that secret with him forever, but since Sun left him and he'll never see her again, he wants her to know that he loves her and that it has always been her. Sun goes outside for some fresh air, and it turns out she's at the same place Wutt is at because it holds a special place in both their hearts.

Meanwhile, Ja figured out that Wutt took off even though Wutt's mom tried to cover it up, and she wonders/worries what if Wutt doesn't come back in time for the engagement ceremony.

Sun and Wutt spend some time together, pretending reality didn't exist. Wutt repeats that he loves Sun, and Sun tells him she loves him, too. Wutt is happy about it until she reminds him that he's getting engaged tomorrow and that they can't run from reality...and I think it ends there. Sun may have added that Wutt needs to show up at his engagement ceremony, or that line could have been said in the previews lol.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing or if scenes are mixed up. I'm going from memory. Only 2 more episodes until it ends (today's and next Tuesday's).
Thank u Lenlin !!!!!

It didn't have to be word per word b/c I didn't want anyone to go through that kind of trouble.

Kap coon ka !!! (≧∇≦)

I can't believe that it's coming to an end, nothin really happen between Wutt and Sun. I was hoping for some more sweet moment but I guess the part that we got to see was the end of Ep11.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I was expecting more sweet scenes, too, but I think it's because Wutt was with Ja the entire lakorn so they didn't do it since it would be straight out cheating, and Joe was enough cheating for this lakorn lol.

D~D

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
I was expecting more sweet scenes, too, but I think it's because Wutt was with Ja the entire lakorn so they didn't do it since it would be straight out cheating, and Joe was enough cheating for this lakorn lol.
Lol !! Yeah, I figure that's true, they shouldn't be having sweet scene when Wutt is with Ja. :(
Ja is actually really cute but on her wedding day, she looked old. but cute she still is.
Rita with that red lipstick really annoy me this time. Especially with Wutt mom present,it just make it looks worse. But that's just me. :)

D~D

sarNie Adult
It was a sweet ending, u know... The part where Sun and Wutt got married and everyone comes and wave. ≧◠◡◠≦

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
So I didn't get why Sun made Wutt go back and get engaged with Ja if she was just going to get with him after she found out their wedding was called off. It seemed pointless to me.

And after everything that happened, it turns out Ja's the most selfish one. She's never tried looking at things from another person's point of view. That's probably why she never realized Sun and Wutt's feelings for each other and how she was able to still go through with the plans for the wedding considering Wutt's feelings. It took her childhood friend to say something to her for her to finally get that the world didn't revolve around her feelings.

As for Pat, wow, I didn't get her at all. I don't think she even really wanted Joe, but she kept playing it even after Si kicked Joe out and even threw a tantrum so I didn't just get her.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I can't believe this lakorn already ended. I feel like since I ff most of the drama, I don't even know what happened to the other three couple. I'll surely miss San & Woot. I would love to see rita and Lek in their own drama one day (; I actually think they have chemistry

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
D~D said:
It was a sweet ending, u know... The part where Sun and Wutt got married and everyone comes and wave. ≧◠◡◠≦
oh yeah i also love the part 

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
The ending of this lakorn was rushing. I wish they will show if Wut's is accepting Sun, how she deal with the situation. How about Ja n her friend? A lot of questions