mintwix

MMの弁護士。
spanky said:
@ Mintwix Maybe that Y it doesn't effect you??? Not into the lakorn? no Build up? lol... Dunno...things effect us all differently...but i can be a cry baby sooo...

Yes, yes. I thought of this factor as well. But to be fair, there has been many other dramas where I had little or no background knowledge of the storyline or characters and where I just happened to watched one scene and one scene only - yet that one scene was still able to captivate me. For instance (why am I using so many Jdrama examples hahaha), One Litre of Tears. Like KCR, I did not watch 1LoT properly but then happened to watch a scene in the the fourth episode where the main girl cried her heart out under the rain. That one scene was able to "hook" me lol so that I went back to EP 1 and watched the whole series properly. If the execution is really that good, we don't need any buildup to internalize the emotions being emoted. 

Edit: Like I said though, the fact that many people are convinced means Chalida has succeeded. I am happy for her. ^_^

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I think the scene is good....but nothing like...bawling dramatically in the rain...not even close...I agree its not a stand alone dramatic crying scene....I think the scene wrk if u watch the lakorn with the build up...it was subtle...she trying not to cry in front of them...I was touch since I'm into the lakorn...I cried during BOW scene and after...but if I watch it as a "stand alone" most likely won't cry...it wasn't that dramatic

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Well, to be fair (again) like I told Hippo, I did try to watch the scene a few times to see why her emotions were not reaching me. That is, I did try to "build up" some kind of premise and understanding so I can grasp the "subtlety"of the situation (by watching at least 30 minutes of the episode prior to the climatic scene - this should be enough "buildup" but then even this measurement is subjective --this is something I did not have to do for 1LoT or other "subtler" dramas that captivated me without any "buildup") - but nada. I shouldn't have to try to imagine some kind of emotions myself. The fact is, some portrayals just don't meet everyone's standards. As her fan, I think it is enough to be proud of that she has convinced the majority. It's impossible to please every single person.

I'm sure everyone would rather discuss the pros of this lakorn instead and how much you guys enjoy and appreciate the story and characters. I'd rather not ruin the discussion for people who genuinely enjoy the lakorn and Chalida's portrayal. I just personally wasn't as impressed as most people. This doesn't mean I don't acknowledge her merits and improvements though.

Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
Everyone has their own opinions, some may not enjoy it much and some may very enjoy the lakorn. Even as a huge fan, there are times when we all are disappointed, but that doesn't mean that we no longer like the actors/actresses. I'm a huge Chalida fan and I love Khun Chai Ronnapee, but there are some minor things that I do notice. However, regardless, I do not see or think that Chalida and James are a stiff couple. In my opinion, from what I see, they're the best couple.

Anywayz, I finally watched episode 7, and I loved it. Kwan and Pee's love is so real, though she has never told him that she loved him. You know that she loves him. I love this and am sad that it's coming to an end. But I will be looking forward to more of Chalida and James' work, as well as they will again pair up.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@mintty hahaha :) I miss seeing you here :p

The robot couple eh ? You got to be kidding me lol James Ma is one of the better newbies who can actually act...especially since SJ series is his first lakorn. I'm very impressed with him already so to hear that he and Chalida are called the "robot couple" makes me in disbelief. He exceeds as an actor who already has experiences. If you've watched the Ch3 superstar project challenges between all the brothers, James be on point with his acting, etiquette, etc haahah ! *blushes ! Awessss poor baby has been getting bad press/news tho..."what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Susu James <3 Btw it's his birthday in Thailand July 3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES MA <3 jubjub

I'm very happy for Chalida :) she deserves the recognition for her hard work. She truly does. She's gotten so much bad criticism in the past and up until now....I'm happy Chalida keeps her head up high and progresses as she takes on new challenges. Tough cookie <3

hippo

sarNie Adult
@MINT
understood ja.
i was just curious. 
i understand that everyone is different, have different perspectives, views and ideas.
i just wanted to know the other side, in case there was something i missed to, because. i'm trying not to be bias when i compare her with other actors. 
you always give good points and discussions =). that's what i love most about you.
but like you said, as a Chalida fan it makes me happy to hear and see that other people praise her acting and believe that she is piengkwan and feel for her. 
i was really happy to hear the tv pool hosts to praise her, because they don't usually praise her for her work. 
overall, i'm very proud of her and happy for her. 

as for the clip, they say it at about 6.07.....they say that there were some people saying that its like watching robots. 

bellherr

sarNie Juvenile
fantastic_27 said:
She does, why doesn't she sing like this previously, I think she was just shy because she always had to sing with her co-stars!!!

I know!! On zaapp3 she didn't even try singing with James!! But here, she doesnt sound bad!!

bellherr

sarNie Juvenile
Back then, chalida wasnt all that good. But as we notice, from all her lakorn, you can see major progress from her. She impresses her fans more and more by her acting skills. Even thought it didn't really take Yaya Kim or Margie time to become well actresses, it takes other actresses to be well known, i remember someone said that Anne T, wasnt all that good, until later on. (correct me if im wrong) Mint is stepping up her game now. With well feed backs and progresses, you can see she takes fans / directors advices really well. She listens and fixes her problems and impress us everytime she is on screen. Thats why i notice a lot of people who dont follow Mints work, follows her now because of her motivation and sincereity towards her work!! Mint will be up there very very soon. She just needs to finish SCHOOL!!!!! Then we get to see her with all the paeks we want her to pair up with :)

bellherr

sarNie Juvenile
Also, the reason why I was impressed by her Ram scene/ Crying scene was because we have never thought that Mint Chalida will be able to pull it off! I mean this role is very different from her previous work. she definitely needed a standing ovation for being piengkwan. :)

SORRRy for the spam!! Lol

bellherr

sarNie Juvenile
@mintwix!! You liked my post!!! :) Lol sorry, it's a honor to have someone like you to like my post or even read my things I post up here!!! Hahah such a huge fan of yours and from what ipsmilez tells me, you are a true Mteam fan ;) lol <3 <3 <3

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I'm waking up in a few for work, nuery maak jangggg hueyyyyy !!! Lol finished ep7 subs

Ahhh I cried when Phee told Chai Ruj that Khwan never said she loved him T_T the pain and confusion in his face got me tearing up :( In the last few episodes, we got to see how deep he's falling into the relationship with Khwan. Phee is damn right when he answered Yod that they've been through too much !!! Again, Life and Death situations and now dealing with the hearts :0!He looks so helpless and lonely during the past few days after the incident at Leela ! So much thinking to do. CHAI PHEE, YOU shouldn't second guess what kind of person Khwan is, especially since you've gotten to know her from a personal level. Tsktsktsk Rampa is the real wench here =x Punkarseee lol =x Her set up was so slap-worthy !!!! Chailai needs to close her mouth....WORD. lol Phee thought Khwan had lie to him about not having time because she had work. She kept true to her words and Phee did too because he told her about the meeting with Yod. Rampa's plan worked out perfectly !!! Thats just great -_- Yes Phee, it is fateeee....Rampa put such a nice front haahaha ! Fan my arseee!!! It was awkward when Aut was touching Khwans face tho hahah lol I kinda laughed at that part ><" I understand he intentionally did it to provoke someone but, eeehhh akwardness heeheh Jun is falling in love with Aut without noticing it...I adore her relationship with her father since I can relate <3 She gets more girlier and finds herself having mood swings :p Mood swings are a sign of love, as Sergeant Lamai had mentioned to Phee 555 gahh Sia Peng's REALLY asking Meihua to destroy his brother with those huge pairs of dangerous scissors !!!! He is such a nasty old man living off of his wife ! I freaking scream when he touched Khwan. Especially when he was swinging her legs back and forth. I can never see that actor the same anymore ! Haahah he freaks me out now ahaha

Phee and his fighting scenes are *drools hahahaha I love when he saves Khwan !!! He doesn't have a care in the world about himself at all. As long as his woman is safe in his arms, he'll become conscious again :) I love Ronnapee <3

If you have watched the bts clips for the running away scene, you'll notice James as two person :) haahah James during bts and Khun chai pee during filming ! <3 I hope I'm making sense.

Since I can't access Viki on my phone, ill patiently wait for ep8 subs from Min channel.

I am savoring every moment <3 can't believe SJ series will be ending this Sunday ! I miss everyone already T_T

hippo

sarNie Adult
seeing as it's James Ma's B'day today, i wanted to share what i found...its a fan clip of him and I think its so cute...coming from someone who is quite neutral about him, but after this clip i think I have become his fan!
he cares so much about his fans...some are really young and their parents don't know that they are there, the face he makes is so cute! and he said to tell them so that they don't tell him off... :)
to bad i can't read thai, so i don't know what the captions on the clip were saying...

this is especially for you SMILEZ i know how much you like him, and i think this clip will get you spazzing. and many other james fans too. I was smiling throughout the clip without even knowing

credit: ann vipa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MXHSmEbUCM

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Ahhhhhhh hippo I feel special *blushes !!!!! Love youuu <3 Thank you so much for sharing this clip with us jubjub more than 100X na hehehe. I can't watch it ATM tho since I can't view any videos on AF with my phone :( do you mind telling me the title of the clip ?

Yes he does love his fans <3 I see some of his messages on his FC FB page thanking his fans for coming through and that he was excited to see everyone since he didnt expect to see so many people <3 And his apologies for not being able to stay a little bit longer because he had to leave immediately after the events. He also promises that next time they'll get to meet again. James Ma you are the only reason why Im in cougarville 55555

Did I ever mention to you girls that when he first started out, he was a bit scrawny !? Haahah now his shoulders are bulky keekekek ! Hot maaaak *blushes

James is a sweetie <3

http://youtu.be/1abr7w79uj0

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I understand mintwix...

.30 min is not a good build up for me....I can't get into a lakorn or show...like American show...unless I watch from beginning I usually can't watch...again...it good to show her improvements but it wasn't some bawl out crying painful scene....potential there...hope to see her give it more in the future and see the progression

.critiques are good...overly praise isn't...as fan we need to be able to see their faults and not blindly "love (bias)"..

hippo

sarNie Adult
LOL smilez...your so cute with your scrawny and now bulky shoulders comment. 
but yes i did realise that he has been building..eheheh
the name of the clip is in thai. 

เจมส์ มาร์ - มุมน่ารักๆของผู้ชายชื่อเจมส์มาร์
but maybe you can search the uploader's channel and find it in there.  :shrug:

i saw that comment on his fan ig....it was so cute! i loved that it was in karaoke....so much easier for me to read and understand. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
i cant view the video while im at work. darn it. i only jave a one bar wifi connection in a certain area only. :(

yes i notice james ma got bulky. love it, im not into scrawny guys nor when they r too buff. so he is perfect hehe

why why fri is so slow. i will be on vacation while it airs. beach here i come. my last day of work for this week.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
@spanky

But we actually forgot something. EP 8 was not all subtle scenes so whether there was a good build up for each person is actually not an excuse for Chalida. After the ram scene where she holds in her tears, the mirror scene immediately followed where she cries quietly by herself, and after this the confrontation scene - a bawling scene. Then when she returns home, she cries again. EP 8 shouldn't have required a good buildup even for a new audience.

I am not trying to be hard on her or convince anyone though. On the contrary, I am actually enjoying seeing all the praises showered on her hahaha. For each project, she has always gained more fans gradually but Piengkwan is by far probably the biggest leap.