aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
That was heartwrenching... grrr. :(

Seeing how his acting was in here, I'm sure he'll do a great job in KB too :) kekeke.

I must say that I kinda wish some secondary couples could've got more screentime.  Sometimes it felt like they were just "extras."  Which they are supposed to be.. they can't just randomly put them in scenes and then wait years to show them again.  (yeah, I'm exaggerating here...)  I kind of wished to see more scenes of Chat/Janta... as well as Aut/Jun .. I wished they could've develop their love stories more instead of rushing them.  oh well, at least I'm satisfied-ish with the main pra'nangs.  :D

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Just sharing a fan mv I made of Pee.  I'm no pro, just an amateur since I hardly make them...  Anyways, I hope it's smooth or understandable? You won't get any flashy effects or zooms :p  I love Magic Power, hence I had to use their song.. :p  & 555, I used Pee's flashback scene because I was too lazy to go find them 555, silly me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bnSi_yybQg

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I just discovered this 5-part series a few weeks ago. The first of the series that I watched was Kunchai Puttipat and I was in love!!!! James Ji and Bella had some sizzling on-screen chemistry. James Ji did a good job as a newbie. Moreover from all the other videos I have watched, he seems like a jovial guy...full of jokes and laughter.

Then I tried watching Part 1 and 2 but somehow the storyline wasn't that interesting to me so I jumped to Part 4. Taew was amazing as usual. Bomb was good too considering this was his first leading lakorn. I have watched him previously in Cubic but I didn't like his acting there. As Kunchai Rachanon, he was quite good.

And then..... I was blown away when I watched Kunchai Ronnapee. I was even more blown away when I found out this was his first lakorn. James Ma was just excellent. His facial expressions were good. He was able to pulled off the character of Chai Pee considering James Ma is a private and quiet person (I'm not sure if he is really a private or quiet person but from all the videos that I have watched him, he seems more quiet comparing to the other 4 brothers when doing interviews or events...or even his own fanmeeting). The way he speaks cantonese is very cute too.... but his pronounciation is very accurate. I loved the transition of a cheeky and playful Chai Pee to a serious and fighter Chai Pee. Love the fact that Chai Pee never gave up easily on his love. He fights till the end. Love his concern and gentleness towards Khawn. James Ma sure could kick some butts too. His action scenes are impressive. Overall, as a newbie, James Ma did an excellent job.

Moreover, I love his chemistry with Mint Chalida. Again i was very surprise with Mint. I watched Cubic before this series and I find her acting in Cubic lacking. But as Khawn, she was GOOD! All her crying scenes were so heart-wrenching. Of course, Mint and James looked cute and adorable together. Since I was a year late in watching this series, I missed out on many of their interviews such as 'The Tonight Show', '3Zaaps' and etc. Would really appreciate if someone could do a translation for James Ma's Interview videos. Really would like to know more about him. He will be one of the Thai actors whom I will surely follow closely in regards to his work.

Of all the 5 parts, Chai Pee was my favourite..... Really hope he and Mint will pair up again....

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
@janajelly1 I really liked banner at the end of your post. WOW!!!

Thank you so much for telling me about James Ma and for the videos. I really appreciate it! HAHAHA! I was really blown away. I first noticed him in Kunchai Puttipat (I watched this first) and said to myself, 'Hm.... this Chai Pee guy really grown on me the more I watched him on screen. He was cute, adorable, cheeky and is always ready to help his brothers. Well, I am surely gonna watch all his old lakorns'.  So the shock came when I saw from wikipedia that this was his first lakorn.

I think what you said is true that James Ma is quiet but can be funny and interesting when he is comfortable with the person or the environment. I didn't know he is close with Nadech. Maybe because they are in the same management company and the Give Me 5 Concert. Actually I knew who James Ma was through Give Me 5 Concert but at that time I wasn't focusing too much on him.

I am looking forward to Ka Bodin. I just found out the thread in Asianfuse and is now reading it from the first page. I have been watching some videos of Ka Bodin on YT too. Wow, James Ma looked good in those traditional costume. I can't wait for all those fighting scenes. I agreed with you that in Kunchai Ronnapee, his fighting scenes looked real. Yes, I do notice he speaks very good English (I remembered reading articles that he went to an international school and have stayed in hong kong before since his mom is from Hong Kong) and can sing very well. I loved the song he sang with Nadech in the video you posted. I also love it when he sang 'Make It Right' in one of the events. And of course i loveeeeeeee his performance on 'I Need Somebody' for Give Me 5 Concert. Oh..... I can't tell you how many times I have watched that video.

James and Mint looked really cute together  9on and off screen) but I have no preference on who he pair up with. As long as I can see him on screen and that the female playing oppostie him can act well as well as bring out each others' characters.... I am ALL for it.

James Ma is a good actor. Even the short video (Prince Pom) he acted well. I hope more ppl will support his work and that he will continue to have many good scripts.

By the way, do you know Thai language? If you could just explain some of the videos of James I would be on cloud nine!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Awwwe, thanks for sharing the clips janajelly :D

Seeing that short film alongside his Ronapee lakorn.. I think we'll continue to get more great acting results from him in the future because he already left us great impressions.  :D  It's even better that he can act the opposite of his personality :p

LOL, I can't think of him as "hot" though, just adorable, sweet, and cute... because I'm older than him 555.  I'll continue to support this boy though.  I can't believe he was recently here in SF, I wanted to go support him so he can see that he has international fans.. grrr, oh well. 

I started this gentlemen series from the first series to the end... so I must say that I was pretty giddy giddy when James showed up, because his little scenes in each series made me look forward to Pee's parts. 

I think another reason why was because I was surprised at a newbie's acting.  It's been a while since I've seen a newbie newbie who can actually act, let alone it being their first lakorn.  I became a big fan of Mew N. & N'Pream too <3

For Bomb... he was decent but... I think Taew was the one who outshined everyone in her part.  I'm watching Cubic right now and he's still quite stiff... I don't know if it's because of his tall structure or... his emotionless eyes... but he looks great in the suits though :p 

As for Mint, she did a wonderful job in here.  But as for Cubic.. her acting is a bit exaggerated... but that's probably what the producers wanted... because n'ek was supposed to be young and outspoken... while for Piengkwan, she was more innocent, reserved, and delicate...

sigh, late spazzing just isn't the same 555.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
janajelly1 said:

Thanks so much on complimenting on my banner hehe.

No problem, glad to share some things about James hehe. 

Lol I noticed him in the first part of the series, I was skimming through and when Great went to pick up his brothers, I saw Pope, then JJ, then Bomb, then BAM! The hot guy James Ma LOL! I was so speechless, he wowwed me with his looks lol. Then I immediately skipped the rest of the series to watch his part, and I was blown away when I checked this was his first lakorn. His acting is better than some of the  guys who've been acting for years lol. 

He's close to Nadech because Nadech and Yaya were the ones who made him get used to the Entertainment Industry, he wasn't used to it since he just returned from Hong Kong, and was recently found by Ae, so he and Nadech both have the same manager and personal manager, which makes them close and hangs out with Nadech and Yaya often since he appreciates them and loves them as his siblings and they're affectionate towards him, Nadech's mom just LOVES James haha. 

Have fun reading the whole thread lol. He does look hot but the facial hair is such a turn off! 

Yes he went to an International school so his English is really good. You just named all of my favorite songs sung by James! XD

Totally agree, I'm just happy if he pairs up with good actresses. 

Sadly I do not know Thai T__T Otherwise I would translate all his interviews! I ask my friends sometimes what James says so if you want of the videos explained I can ask them for you. 
Hahaha... you are so funny. Skipping the rest just to watch his part. Totally agreed that as a newbie, his acting is better than some of those who had experienced. Throughout part 3 -5 (I didn't watch part 1 and 2), his acting has been consistent. In every scene,  he was able to express his emotions very well. I really loved the scene where Khwan told Chai Pee she will be getting married to Aut. His painful expression was good. I feel so bad for him and I wanted so much to console him. Another part which I love was when he and the rest of the Jutathep watched Khawn's performance in the palace and when Khawn bow down to him after the performance. His expression was a mixture of hurt, pain and sorry ALL in that one scene. Another one was his crying scene at his airforce base. I feel like crying with him....

In my opinion, James Ma isn't as good looking as the other 4 brothers but there is something about him that capture my interest, especially after watching him as Chai Pee and all those bts, interviews and fan videos of him. I like that he is serious, private and quiet yet cute and cheerful. Moreover, I was impressed after reading that Mint was a little concern in the beginning whether such a quiet person could bring out the character of Chai Pee and then...BOOOM.... he gave us more than we expected!!

Oh...I didn't know Nadech's mom adores him. Good to know that!!! Good to know that he has friends he could rely on in this entertainment industry.

Oh..thank you. I really wanted to know what James and Mint talked about in the 'Tonight Show' as well as the '3Zaap'. Only if your friend is free to do that. No obligations.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
aikoden said:
Awwwe, thanks for sharing the clips janajelly :D

Seeing that short film alongside his Ronapee lakorn.. I think we'll continue to get more great acting results from him in the future because he already left us great impressions.  :D  It's even better that he can act the opposite of his personality :p

LOL, I can't think of him as "hot" though, just adorable, sweet, and cute... because I'm older than him 555.  I'll continue to support this boy though.  I can't believe he was recently here in SF, I wanted to go support him so he can see that he has international fans.. grrr, oh well. 

I started this gentlemen series from the first series to the end... so I must say that I was pretty giddy giddy when James showed up, because his little scenes in each series made me look forward to Pee's parts. 

I think another reason why was because I was surprised at a newbie's acting.  It's been a while since I've seen a newbie newbie who can actually act, let alone it being their first lakorn.  I became a big fan of Mew N. & N'Pream too <3

For Bomb... he was decent but... I think Taew was the one who outshined everyone in her part.  I'm watching Cubic right now and he's still quite stiff... I don't know if it's because of his tall structure or... his emotionless eyes... but he looks great in the suits though :p

As for Mint, she did a wonderful job in here.  But as for Cubic.. her acting is a bit exaggerated... but that's probably what the producers wanted... because n'ek was supposed to be young and outspoken... while for Piengkwan, she was more innocent, reserved, and delicate...

sigh, late spazzing just isn't the same 555.
hahaha... I can't think of him as 'hot' too coz i am way..way...older than him lolz!!! Truly agreed that it's even more impressive that he can act opposite of his personality.

Can't wait for his new lakorn :)

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
janajelly1 said:

No problem :)

His acting is just the best, he's doing great and has a bright career ahead of him. :)

Really? I find him hot! With the right hairstyle and wardrobe...   :drools:  Maybe it's because you're older than him hehe. Yes he was in SF, that's too bad you couldn't see him but who knows he might go there again someday!

Lol I watched the whole series anticipating James's parts, because they're so amusing hehe. 

It's true it's been a while since we got to see a newbie that can act really well for his first lakorn, he's one of the best out of the bunch of newbies pouring in lol. I love all the ladies in this series lol, as for the guys, I like Great, Pope is ehhh, JJ is ok..., Bomb is noooo lol. And JMA is all mine! 555

Bomb has emotionless eyes, he can't even model, oh gosh I remember at one of the events the 5 lions had to be there modeling watches, James got to sing and omg he had so much presence and attracted everyone and all you see is Bomb failing at posing, when James went to stand next to him he made Bomb look like a fool LOL

You can watch it here, I laugh sometimes haha.

Mint was great in here, she's got great potential, I'm hoping to see her succeed more in the future. :)
Thanks for the video. James sang the song perfectly. I really like his voice and the song :)

Bomb was really ok as Chai Lek. And as a newbie, he did quite well too but in Cubic it was a BIG NO NO!! Maybe because of the character. Will still try to watch his next lakorn. Maybe could be better!
As for Mint, it was the same. I adored her as Khawn and I find all her emotional scenes good but in Cubic, there were so much lacking. But agreed, since she can performed so well in Khunchai Ronnapee, she has potential!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I would like to share a clip below. I hope this is the right thread to share it since I don't think James Ma has a thread in asianfuse.
Do take note at 5.01. It was cute :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdielwfO4g
Credit: ann wipa

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
janajelly1 said:

You should watch his parts in part 1, he was so hilarious haha. 

That's one of my favorite scenes, he was soo good, that hurt expression broke my heart, I felt like crying when he turned his back and started to walk away.. :'( I love it when Khwan was running away when she found out his identity and he ran after her, they both did so well in that scene. The crying scene at the airbase was just too sad... 

Really? I find him the most charming and handsome out of the 5 brothers. Maybe you and aikoden don't wanna say it since you guys are older than him 5555 Hotness is in the eye of the beholder LOL. But I have to admit his personality off screen is what captures my heart, he's just a really nice person offscreen. I've never seen him complain about any of his work, he always does his best. 

I thought that was a mistake on Mint's part to say that, I understand she was worried about him, but a lot of people had the wrong impression about him before Khun Chai Ronnapee aired. But hey I'm sure she didn't mean it that way, just people had the wrong idea. :)

I'll ask my friend to translate those shows for you. :)

The reason Bomb was tolerable for me here was because of his goofy character, but his character in Cubic is supposed to be serious, and Bomb just doesn't know how to let out emotions through his eyes.

Aww thanks for sharing, he really loves kids. You can share stuff at the Ka Badin thread since most JMA fans are over there. :) I would make a thread for him but no one really checks the Thai Star section so I don't bother lol. 
THANK YOU for asking your fren to translate those shows for me. I really...really...really appreciate it. I watched all those without subtitles and he looked so cute when he smiled or when he looked shy. I really wanted to know what he was saying or what the hosts were saying about him....

I have just started reading Ka Badin's thread. Sure, will post videos over to that thread, thanks for letting me know ;)
I am watching the cut scene of Chai Pee in Part 1 and 2. I will post the vid below so we can only watch his part, hehehe!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trmaxEokwk4
Credit: ROSALIE mv

Yeah...agreed with you on all the great scenes he was in, in Khunchai Ronnapee. Really love his expression. hahaha... although I am much older than him, I still find him adorable, cute and HOT!!! Yes, I do agree that although his eyes are small, they are expressive and attractive. He is definitely charming and he gives off a very pleasant feeling when I look at him.

Don't misunderstand me. I can understand Mint's concern. Who doesn't when you get a newbie with no acting experience to act as a lead in one of the most anticipated series. Because Chai Pee's story is the last, and the fans have been following since part 1 till part 4, there will definitely be more expectations.

Oh...does that mean James has a thread in asianfuse?

Please share more about James Ma to me. I am a very new fan of his and I can hardly find any news about him in English. Although I am Chinese and can speak and understand Cantonese, I can't read chinese or speak mandarin. So some of his videos which have been subbed by his Chinese fans, I don't understand either. Great to know his personlaity off screen is good. Aw... I am falling more and more with this guy.....

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
He is such an oldie... still writing letters to court a lady~~~ I love it! 555 XD So romantic.  I don't think kids nowadays even know how to write cursive these days etc, since everything is technology based now.

I must admit that it is my "age" that limits my interest for him, making me unable to say he's hot and all.  But then again, he's not "hot" in my perspective to begin with... because my perspective of "hot" is different XD.  I view James as an adorable cutie-pie w/ a great personality.  Hence I'm supporting him like I do with N'Kao Jirayu 555.  I make it sound like I'm all old, even though I'm only a year older than James 555. He's quite a charmer though, making him irresistable to support.

phoenix81 said:
I would like to share a clip below. I hope this is the right thread to share it since I don't think James Ma has a thread in asianfuse.
Do take note at 5.01. It was cute :)

Credit: ann wipa

That is adorable!!!! Both James were sought after by the little kids hehe XD

It's understandable of Mint to have felt that way.  It's always hard to know what kind of experience a newbie may give off... James just did a spontaneous job on his end, that I'm pretty sure Mint must've been surprised herself at his results :)  Just like when I was watching Preem & Mew... I didn't really know what to expect but they did good on their ends and it was a bonus that they're both also pretty yound ladies~

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
janajelly1 said:

No problem hehe, I was able to extract the srt. File of the Tonight Show from Viki, I'll just add the subs to them and upload them when I can, meanwhile I'll wait for my friend to translate the 3 Zaap show. :)

Hehe no problem hope to see you comment there ;)

Thanks for the video, he truly brightens up every part of the series haha. 

I've never been this obsessed with a celebrity for this long, usually I last a year then I get turned off by their personality but thankfully this hasn't happened yet with James lol. 

I understand, I understood Mint's concern about James, she cares about him. :)

Nope he doesn't have a thread on here lol. 

I would be happy to share more about James, what more do you want to know exactly? His work, personal life, etc? Or everything? LOL. But one thing I know you're gonna swoon about is what he says about courting a woman, these are his exact words:

He says, “The most classic way to court a woman is….writing a letter….because I feel it’s a mix of the romantic feeling and….it’s like the whole feeling is in the letter……and I think it’s something people don’t really do these days……It’s a very charming love confession.”

He says he would also confess his love near a waterfall/sea, he's so romantic haha!

janajelly1 said:
I finally got the Tonight Show, whew took a while to upload and the timing is a little off since I got the english srt. file from Viki but enjoy! :)
@janajelly1 How could I ever thank you for the Eng subbed Tonight Show. I will watch it immediately adter replying some messages. Once again, thank you... I really appreciate your hardwork and your kindness :)

YES!!!!! I want to know everything about James Ma. If you could still remember, please share them with me here. WOW!! He is so romantic for a young guy like him. Still writing letter to woo a girl....

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
aikoden said:
He is such an oldie... still writing letters to court a lady~~~ I love it! 555 XD So romantic.  I don't think kids nowadays even know how to write cursive these days etc, since everything is technology based now.

I must admit that it is my "age" that limits my interest for him, making me unable to say he's hot and all.  But then again, he's not "hot" in my perspective to begin with... because my perspective of "hot" is different XD.  I view James as an adorable cutie-pie w/ a great personality.  Hence I'm supporting him like I do with N'Kao Jirayu 555.  I make it sound like I'm all old, even though I'm only a year older than James 555. He's quite a charmer though, making him irresistable to support.

That is adorable!!!! Both James were sought after by the little kids hehe XD

It's understandable of Mint to have felt that way.  It's always hard to know what kind of experience a newbie may give off... James just did a spontaneous job on his end, that I'm pretty sure Mint must've been surprised herself at his results :)  Just like when I was watching Preem & Mew... I didn't really know what to expect but they did good on their ends and it was a bonus that they're both also pretty yound ladies~
Yes, I have to agree with you that he is such an oldie for writing letter to woo a girl, heheh!!!
How could you say you are old when you are just a year older than James? Unacceptable....Lolz....

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
@janajelly1 I loved the Tonight Show. He looked so adorable and cute. Loved it when he desscribed his first meeting with Mint and being so shy about it. And that Mint was trying to find topic to make him talk, hahaha!! From this interview I find James Ma very focus, serious and dedicated towards his work. He answered the host's questions in a very professional and intelligent manner. It's like he has done his homework. I am impressed that it's coming from someone who is just 19/20 years old and has just entered this complicated industry called Show biz. Now I realized what make him stands out and caught my attention besides his great acting and expressive eyes. it's his quietness. in many of the interviews (Although I don't understand, I still watch them...I think I have been inflicted with Jma syndrome)  especially the 3zaap where he appeared with the other Jutathep brothers, he is quiet, natural and seldom seek attention. He was sitting there listening to the hosts and the rest. When it's his turn he will talk and give good informations. He does joke around occasionally but it's his calmness that I like.

Thank you and Thank you too for continuing to share about James Ma. Have not read anything about his parents or family. Would love to see if he looks more like mom or dad, lolz!!

The director really did take a huge risk in choosing James Ma as the lead since he is a newbie but I am so glad that he took that risk. If not, we wouldn't have discovered such great talent. 

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks janajelly1 for the addtional info about James Ma. Do keep them coming :) Oh... I didn't know his parents are not in Thailand with him. I thought he went over to Hong Kong at the age of 8 and then the whole family moved back to Thailand when he was around 18. No wonder there isn't any pictures of his parents or sister. Considering his young age, he is quite independent and mature. Great!!!

Yeah... I believe that he comes from a rich family coz his hobby is playing golf and he has won numerous prizes when he was studying in Hong Kong. This is not something an average person can choose as a hobby at this young age. And of course, studying in an international school.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
janajelly1 said:

I read somewhere his father is a businessman, so they're probably rich, they probably didn't leave with him because of his father's work. I was surprised he played golf as well since he was young and he collects golf clubs too so yeah he comes from a rich family but they look like they taught him about morals and giving him some good qualities. He's very studious and got to skip two grades. :)

As for his love life, he hasn't had anyone yet, he said somewhere that he only wants to be with one girl as his one love in life and if he falls in love with that girl it means she's the one he will want to marry. He only wants one love in his life. <3 

His type of girl is that he doesn't care about her looks but wants a woman who can stand on her own, someone with her own career, degree, and can handle her life well. 

@janajelly1 Thanks for another round of sharing :) Am getting to know more about James. Oh..it looks like he is a smart chap since he got to skip two grades.
Agreed that his teaching from his parents are good seeing how he behaves. Let's hope too that the show biz will not change him so much.

As for his love life... let's hope it will truly happens to him. it's very humble to think this way.

Thanks again!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I have been contemplating whether I should be commenting in 'Ka Badin's' thread or here but then decided I'll comment here since it's regarding James' role as Chai Pee.

As I am now re-watching this particular series again, I am now at episode 8 where both Chai Pee and Khawn escaped from Sia and got stranded at the beach/island. Chai Pee's jealousy is sooo cute and his expression when he was starring at Khawn as she sleeps is 'killing' me...... I think somewhere I read that ppl commented there were too many kidnapping and rescuing scenes between Chai Pee and Khawn. To be honest, I kinda like it HAHAHA!!. Don't we go all 'oooo' and 'ohhhs' when Chai Pee kick butts? Don't we go all 'awwww' when Chai Pee embraced Khawn after rescuing her?? HAHAHA!!! Coming back to the beach scene....when Chai Pee was applying ointment to Khawn's feet and then they held hands...and then he stoop down to kiss her hand while looking up at Khawn...ohhhhh isn't that enough to make me squeal!!!

One of the reasons why I alwaiz re-watch dramas that I like is because during the first round, I wanted to know what happen and was busy reading the eng subtitles that I missed out some really great acting. SO now that I am watching it the second time, I am taking my time to savor every scenes of Chai Pee and Khawn. First round I though James' acting was great. Now the second round i find it awesome. His expressions were really good for a newbie!!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I am done with episode 8 and I am feeling so sad. That scene when Khawn has to bow down to the Jutathep's family members one by one really tear my heart apart. Both Mint and James were excellent in portraying those emotions. Really like James expression when Khawn returned the ring and Chai Pee picked it up before running after her. My heart breaks....

Yes... I love that scene too when he saw Khawn and her brother :) A jealous Chai Pee is really cute!!!!

Now I am off to watch Episode 9. It's taking me a long time as I am immersing myself in all their scenes together...once more!!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Yes...they both did an amazing job in that scene. And also, the scene where they both had a conversation before Khawn left the palace was amazing too. Mint's words were so heartbreaking and James' expression was very conflciting in between feeling helpless and regretful for what had happened.

Ah... episode 9 was an emotional roller-coaster ride for them.I loved how Chai Pee was so insistent on marrying only Khawn and if he doesn't, he will choose not to marry at all. Even so, he was still a gentleman to Rampa. I mean, he didn't love her but he didn't hate her too! In one of the scenes at the air force base where Chai Pee was looking forlorn when suddenly Khawn appeared to ask for Pranod, Oh....how I loved that scene.

Another scene which is a heartbreaking scene is when Khawn told Chai Pee she is marrying Aut. With the background music, I grieved for these two beautiful people!!! James and Mint's performance at that scene were so heart wrenching.

My heart almost couldn't take it!!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Yes...I loved that scene. Not that I love it because they were hurting. I love it because both Mint and James were able to convey those expressions and feelings to the viewers....