[Ch3] Sanaeha Sunya Kaen (PolyPlus)

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Mahalo said:
Because usually, n'ek is a virgin. In the Asian culture, only husband and wives do the deed. If n'ek loses it to p'ek, he becomes her husband. That's why a girl who sleeps around is known to have many husbands and vice versa. Also, each time p'ek rapes n'ek, he uses the phrase "I'm your husband" or "You're mine" against her. It's an unofficial way to declare the bonding between two people.

Thanks for your information. I still don't understand how it is legally acceptable. Anyway,.... thanks.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
andreanaing said:

Thanks for your information. I still don't understand how it is legally acceptable. Anyway,.... thanks.
It's not. Lol. Rape is never legally acceptable, but in lakorn world, it's socially acceptable if it's between the main leads because they're supposed to end up together and have a happy ending anyways. Lol. They're in love and two people who are in love are bound to do it. However, in the mist of misunderstandings, the guy lead becomes frustrated and his hormones begin to take over. To release his frustration, he forces n'ek to be his sooner. Lol. Idk how else to explain this. It's just something I grew to understand while watching lakorns when I was younger. Haha. Best way to think of it is that it's only a drama.

fun

Expired Sarnie
andreanaing said:
What do you mean by legally acceptable?

Rape is such a sensitive topic.

I can deal with lakorns but it just really depends. For SB2008, if it wasn't for how well the script was written and how well everyone portray their character in there, I would probably not enjoyed or liked it. We were allow to see Narin and Kawee emotionally go through the abuse and you sort of see how she develop the Stockholm Syndrome. Let's just say Sawan Bieng 2008 goes deeper than just I am going to rape her because I-think-I-like-her-but-she-pissed-me-off-my-talking-to-some-other-guy or I-going-to-rape-her-because-I-am-horny-she-sexy-and-I-love-sex. I enjoyed Ateam in JLR but as for the lakorn, eh not so much.

I like how Sawan Bieng is such a relatable lakorn because it just keeps popping up in lakorn threads!!!  :shock2:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
fun said:
What do you mean by legally acceptable?

Rape is such a sensitive topic.

I can deal with lakorns but it just really depends. For SB2008, if it wasn't for how well the script was written and how well everyone portray their character in there, I would probably not enjoyed or liked it. We were allow to see Narin and Kawee emotionally go through the abuse and you sort of see how she develop the Stockholm Syndrome. Let's just say Sawan Bieng 2008 goes deeper than just I am going to rape her because I-think-I-like-her-but-she-pissed-me-off-my-talking-to-some-other-guy or I-going-to-rape-her-because-I-am-horny-she-sexy-and-I-love-sex. I enjoyed Ateam in JLR but as for the lakorn, eh not so much.

I like how Sawan Bieng is such a relatable lakorn because it just keeps popping up in lakorn threads!!!  :shock2:

I know rape as a subject is serious but..."I-going-to-rape-her-because-I-am-horny-she-sexy-and-I-love-sex. " C'mon @fun, this was funny as heck! LOL Just imagine a lakorn P'Ek thinking that in his POV. Matter of fact just screen cap Dome's face and put that as a caption on the pic. 5555

Rape is NOT okay... but forcibly loving her because she's so darn stubborn is okay ONLY if she isn't scratching your eyes out and kicking you where it counts. THEN, and only then, you'll know it's your cue.

Reactions: fun

sarN

sarNie Granny
Because when ppl think about rscene SB nail it lmao. Well, reguardless how sadist the P'K will get later on .I'm still want to see the scene the summary mention ^^^ yes , all of them 1willing & 2 Rwar. The couple is just to beautiful for me to skip their skin-ship.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Rape is only acceptable in the lakorn world. Other than that, rape is not acceptable anywhere else or in any way. I think that a majority of the time the nang'ek falls back in love with the Pra'ek at the end and forgives him for the bad things he's done to her is because she's emotionally attached to him. People tend to get emotionally attached, good or bad, to someone they've had an intimate relationship with, willing or not, despite the circumstances. For lakorns, they usually go back to the pra'ek because they've had some kind of relationship with the pra'ek prior to the rape/willing. Do feel free to argue with me about what I stated above. I won't reply back though. It's too much work for my brain. lol It's kind of hard to explain it in words, for me that is. 

poobae91

sarNie Adult
teedee said:
the lakorn scripts is written out very bad cuz the people that read the book said the book is better. p'ek didn't come out creepy and crazy like the lakorn and n'ek is not this weak either. there is no n'rai in the book  but the only bad person is p'ek and his thinking but in the lakorn they added the n'rai (kanokrat) scenes too much which is annoying. and in the book aukarin and pink is more significant as a couple, he wasn't madly in love with n'ek like in the lakorn. and in the book aukarin and nukarin are twins bros.
and in the lakorn there is another character name Lek  who is in love with n'ek so make p'ek more mad/jealous/drunk which lead to the second "R" scene. in the book before p'ek end up happy with n'ek he has to paid back all the bad things he did to her and so make the readers felt sorry for him and at the end they got married. but the lakorn change to nek forgave pek too easily so make it look like he didn't get punish for the bad things he did to her, he got off too easy for hurting her which I don't think is fair and they didn't get married.

Seeing this, I want to read the novel instead, but too bad I can't read Thai and No English Translation for it. :(

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't get it either why the writer change so much from the book. when the book is already good. that's why many thai ppl in pantip complain the scripts is very bad. it doesn't make sense isn't the scripts suppose to be better when make into lakorn. but instead vice versa the writer make the story worse by changing too much from the book.  in the book p'ek found out that n'ek is pregnant from reading her diary. aukarin tried to make p'ek accept his true feeling for n'ek  so n'ek agree to aukarin's plan by lied to p'ek that she and aukarin are gonna get married and go live together in outer state. n'ek pregnancy is the main turning point to the story. but the lakorn cut all these parts out. which the readers is confuse why cut out this parts, should follow the book instead is better. but instead in the lakorn Duean is the one that tell p'ek n'ek is pregnant and the make up parts between p'ek/n'ek was too fast only happen in the end episode, 2 scenes: at the hospital/at the beach which is the ending of the lakorn.

x0unerthanlater

teedee said:
I don't get it either why the writer change so much from the book. when the book is already good. that's why many ppl complain the scripts is very bad. it doesn't make sense isn't the scripts suppose to be better when make into lakorn. but instead vice versa the writer make the story worse by changing too much from the book.  in the book p'ek found out that n'ek is pregnant from reading her diary. aukarin tried to make p'ek accept his true feeling for n'ek  so n'ek agree to aukarin's plan by lied to p'ek that she and aukarin are gonna get married and go live together in outer state. n'ek pregnancy is the main turning point to the story. but the lakorn cut all these important parts out. which the readers is confuse why cut out this parts, should follow the book instead is better.

Movies/shows/lakorns adaptations from books are usually almost always rewritten in some way or form. That is because the author of the books most likely don't have a say in what the script writer composes. It's only in some cases that the author has authority over it. Lakorn script writers wants to make the story seem more acceptable to the audience, depending on what's currently considered a popular genre at the moment. The Thai audience love LOVE "raeng" shows. The more dramatized it is, the more involved people are which in turn makes the ratings sky rocket. Of course, the writers still have to stay on the original plot that makes the foundation of the whole story though.

sarN

sarNie Granny
teedee said:
I don't get it either why the writer change so much from the book. when the book is already good. thats why many thai ppl in pantip complain the scripts is very bad. it doesn't make sense isn't the scripts suppose to be better when make into lakorn. but instead vice versa the writer make the story worse by changing too much from the book.  in the book p'ek found out that n'ek is pregnant from reading her diary. aukarin tried to make p'ek accept his true feeling for n'ek  so n'ek agree to aukarin's plan by lied to p'ek that she and aukarin are gonna get married and go live together in outer state. n'ek pregnancy is the main turninSanaeha Sunya Kaeg point to the story. but the lakorn cut all these parts out. which the readers is confuse why cut out this parts, should follow the book instead is better. but instead in the lakorn Duean is the one that tell p'ek n'ek is pregnant and the make up parts between p'ek/n'ek was too fast only happen in the end episode, 2 scenes: at the hospital/at the beach which is the ending of the lakorn.
Oooo..now I'm more interested in the book ! He read her diary too! Must of came across it during one of his night visit lmao. Does the book have an rscene? I read he goes to her room everday to play chess.

poobae91

sarNie Adult
x0unerthanlater said:
Movies/shows/lakorns adaptations from books are usually almost always rewritten in some way or form. That is because the author of the books most likely don't have a say in what the script writer composes. It's only in some cases that the author has authority over it. Lakorn script writers wants to make the story seem more acceptable to the audience, depending on what's currently considered a popular genre at the moment. The Thai audience love LOVE "raeng" shows. The more dramatized it is, the more involved people are which in turn makes the ratings sky rocket. Of course, the writers still have to stay on the original plot that makes the foundation of the whole story though.
True, but it should be a good raeng and not just any raeng cuz I see that viewers are complaining about it. They could have followed the book although it doesn't have to be word for word or scene for scene, and adjust some few parts here and there without having to go to the extreme since the book already seems extreme already.

saki

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
EDIT: Just reread your comment and had to rewrite my reply. Lol. I agree with poorly written scripts. No matter how popular the main leads are, nothing can save a bad script. However, I think the plot for this isn't so bad. It's a slap/kiss full of slap/kiss. Lol. It's just that Dome and Janie portray their characters to make it seem super crazy. I've seen many lakorns crazier than this, but the actors' acting were phenomenal so it was more entertaining than disturbing. Thai lakorns have a lot of plots similar to this but it takes the right actors to make it good to watch. I never favored Dome or Janie's acting as a weakling. That's why I skipped her in Raeng Ngao. However, as said before, Dome isn't as bad as he was before so I can bear him now. Haha. Janie on the other hand, is still the same with her weak roles. It's not convincing enough for me, but she does cry beautifully so she's talented in that department.   

I'm sensing that you guys aren't Thai or Southeast Asian. It's a cultural thing. Lol. Thai's don't support rape or sadism. Lakorns are not meant to depict reality. It over-exaggerates life. That's why when people compare them to reality, I scratch my head because it doesn't work that way with the obnoxious n'rais (villains) and stupid pranangs (main leads). Although, I would really love it if they started making them more realistic so that they wouldn't tick us off as much. Actually, they have been making them more realistic. If you want to watch realistic lakorns, tune in to Kuan Gaan Tong Gub Gang Por Pla Lai (Spinsters vs. Casanovas) or Dao Kaew Duen (The Star Circles the Moon).

Slap/kiss is one of the genres that is far from reality. That's why you see all these crazy things happening including rape, which tends to be a turn off for those who didn't grow up watching Thai lakorns. For the Thai audience, it's entertainment and like SarN said, a guilty pleasure. Thailand is a very conservative country. They frown upon public display of affection. That's why lakorns back in the days had scenes where the main leads locking eyes or accidentally touching each others' hands would make the audience blush. They never did real kisses before, but the angled kisses and "R" scenes pulled in ratings because those are the only moments where n'ek and p'ek physically come in contact, "breaking the rules" which is an exciting moment for the audience. It's kind of an oxymoron. Women are supposed to save themselves for marriage, so if there's a willing, it'd make her look like she sleeps around vs. an "R" where she was unwilling. Weird right? I know. In contrast, today's lakorns have become more westernized. Thai's are now open to seeing real kisses and willing scenes since sex before marriage isn't so much of a taboo anymore, but "R" scenes are still popular because doing something that society frowns upon is still exciting, only in lakorn world though! Lol.  

Yes, you explain it very well. I don't believe in taking these things seriously either. I've been to Thailand and I loved it there- the people are warm and friendly much like my own country. They even look similar :D These lakorns are just show and not meant to be followed or anything. I remember seeing a Catwoman comic just recently and in there Catwoman rapes Batman...in the comic she's very aggressive even if he keeps saying no. It made me wonder if that was the sort of thing white guys like (woman very forward, etc.) but I remind myself that it's just for entertainment and not meant to be taken seriously. So yeah, to each his own. I prefer not to judge others for what they watch or read even if I may not like it.

saki

sarNie Adult
In my case, I don't watch the drama because I support what happens- actually what I really like about drama/revenge stuff is when the nasty characters (whether it's the p'rai or the n'rai or the p'ek) either realize their mistake or get to suffer later it's satisfying to see characters atone for their mistakes or get punished because it doesn't always happen in real life. When they're nasty throughout and nothing happens I get disappointed- it's as if they're being rewarded for being bad or something lol. 

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
The readers  didn't mention if there was  a  r-scene but just say he came into her room every day to play chess haha and every time  he would say love her first before they play chess so to me sound like there wasn't any r-scenes. 
 it doesn't make sense that they banned kiss scenes but allow r scenes on tv. it's ridiculous. I'm still pissed about sameeteetra bath tub scene that got cut out bcos of dumb reason that it look too erotic.  kissing(in a sweet way) is an expression of love should be allow to show on tv and anyway thai kissing in lakorns isn't deeply passionate like other country anyways so won't look that sexual. but compare to r scenes is a bad thing shouldn't be show on tv perform by a hero character. what is the message they are trying to send that r scene is ok on tv  perform by the p'ek but kissing between p'ek/nek is not???!!! wth  it really doesn't make sense so violences is ok but not expression of love??!! it show what kind of people they are even though it's just for lakorn world. some guys may use this excuse in the lakorn to r a woman and say it's ok cuz p'ek does it to n'ek and she still love him.
 yep the book does sound more interesting. I like the part he read her diary it sound more personal like finally he know how she really felt about him all along.
agree if gonna write the lakorn "raeng" then make it at least more reasonable/some what realistic than this. a good writer will respect the author's story and keep all the good parts from the book but also add new good parts in the lakorn to spice things up esp. pek/nek sweet love moments which I'm sure most viewers want to see. I feel the same if p'ek was so mean to n'ek and didn't get punish for his actions then it just show that what he did to her was ok. that's what make me mad about this lakorn that p'ek didn't get punish for the bad things he did to n'ek she forgave him too easily, he got off too easy and he didn't really show he love her either till the very end. unlike sawanbieng/yaleumchun is better the scripts is more reasonable. I like that p'ek show n'ek many times that he really does felt bad of the things he did to her and really does love her before she finally forgave him. make viewers felt so sorry for him that root for n'ek to hurry up and forgave him.
yeah I like the scene when Dome was cooking at the kitchen with Janie in ep.3 too he did his normal face/voice look natural and smile look so cute.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
When I say "legally acceptable", I am trying to link it to my previous statements, "...how the lakorns reason rape scenes with falling in love". I don't understand why lakorn still uses the concept that it is forgivable if the person has emotional attachment after r scenes. :( In my world, a rapist will be arrested and not socially acceptable either in drama or reality. By reasoning r scenes with falling in love is the worst case scenario. It shows/ teaches how people can back up their mistakes like rape. Therefore, I never like r scenes where in the end, the culprit is off the loop as the victim accepts/ attaches to him. Yet, I understand it is a necessary element in making lakorns. :D Perhaps, they try to show the concept that it is forgivable if a person admits his guilt and tries to change his behavior. Buddhists perhaps are soft-tempered and easily forgiving. :)

sarN

sarNie Granny
teedee said:
The readers  didn't mention if there was  a  r-scene but just say he came into her room every day to play chess haha and every time  he would say love her first before they play chess so to me sound like there wasn't any r-scenes. 
 it doesn't make sense that they banned kiss scenes but allow r scenes on tv. it's ridiculous. I'm still pissed about sameeteetra bath tub scene that got cut out bcos of dumb reason that it look too erotic.  kissing(in a sweet way) is an expression of love should be allow to show on tv and anyway thai kissing in lakorns isn't deeply passionate like other country anyways so won't look that sexual. but compare to r scenes is a bad thing shouldn't be show on tv perform by a hero character. what is the message they are trying to send that r scene is ok on tv  perform by the p'ek but kissing between p'ek/nek is not???!!! wth  it really doesn't make sense so violences is ok but not expression of love??!! it show what kind of people they are even though it's just for lakorn world. some guys may use this excuse in the lakorn to r a woman and say it's ok cuz p'ek does it to n'ek and she still love him.
 yep the book does sound more interesting. I like the part he read her diary it sound more personal like finally he know how she really felt about him all along.
agree if gonna write the lakorn "raeng" then make it at least more reasonable/some what realistic than this. a good writer will respect the author's story and keep all the good parts from the book but also add new good parts in the lakorn to spice things up esp. pek/nek sweet love moments which I'm sure most viewers want to see. I feel the same if p'ek was so mean to n'ek and didn't get punish for his actions then it just show that what he did to her was ok. that's what make me mad about this lakorn that p'ek didn't get punish for the bad things he did to n'ek she forgave him too easily, he got off too easy of what he did to her and he didn't really show he love her either till the very end. unlike sawanbieng/yaleumchun is better I like that p'ek show n'ek many times that he really does felt bad of the things he did to her and really does love her before she finally forgave him. make viewers felt so sorry for him that root for n'ek to hurry up and forgave him.
I like it more when Dome just do his normal face/voice when he actually smile talk to n'ek in a normal sincere way he look so cute. he match more to play a good p'ek he would be much cutier in a romantic comedy type role.
^^^ yeah, the book sound good and I think in Thai ppl would know the different in reality and lakorn because rscene been around since I remember beside majority of viewer is female lol we are harmless unless producer/writer start having lakorn with N'K raping the P'K then all the flower boy out there are in trouble j/k lol. One thing, I didn't know they ban kissing scene ? There was never any real kissing scene to begin with , ok once in a blue moon there a lakorn with a couple kisses lol.

x0unerthanlater

"R-scenes" in lakorns always start off with the P'ek forcibly pinning down the N'ek while she tries to get him off. Then he proceeds to grab her hands to immobilize her. While she's struggling he's nuzzling her neck and "kissing her" and then the moment that turns the tables is when she starts to still and instead of trying to fight him with her hands, she's grabbing onto him. This is the consent to non-consensual "love-making". She didn't want it initially but then falls into the mood and participates. This is the lakorn world version of "rape". 

Rape in reality, (the kind they do not do in lakorns) is when a guy comes into the victims room without permission and proceeds to violently hurt her physically while taking advantage of her body. He inflicts bodily harm and remains emotionally detached from his victim. But in some sick way, he probably has an attachment to the act itself and not the victim.

That is why it can be used in lakorns... they romanticize the act without the negative effects. It's dramatization over reality. 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Sarn: You may want to check out Sood Sai Paan. Toomtam as pra'ake is very aggressive and sadly, no rape scene but LOTs of skinship though. :bhehe: But the lakorn was pretty good, well, at least for the first 7 episodes and then a few scenes later on.

Tawan should listen to her hunch, he's a bad guy. :yuck: Hm...okay...there's a difference in craziness. Ken as Kawee was crazy because he had family issues plus Lila was a witch who kept provoking him. He may have raped Rin a dozen times but he's no where near Kin's type of craziness though. Like for me, I feel as though Kin can hit, punch, and physically abuse Tawan. He's already mentally building a case. Not to be mean but either the character or Dome's acting comes off like a wife beater. I'm okay with Thai pra'akes getting jealous and finding every reason to join with their nang'akes, but Dome as Kin seriously rubs off as a red flag. He has traits like a wife beater, gets super jealous and says or does something stupid out of anger, then clams down and makes all of these "Sorry, I won't do it again" sweet promises, just to throw foul language and enter another storm of anger, then he blames it on her saying it's her who's making him do these things, he isolates her from everyone, he seriously wants to see her get hurt. I don't know...wife beater right there! :shutup: Kin doesn't have to be a gentleman, just don't be a wife beater.

poobae91

sarNie Adult
Lol, Kawee was crazy too. There's no justifying whether he was better than Kin's craziness or a better man. He raped main girl a lot of times and I think none was consensual. He's not really emotionally stable and lets his anger gets the best of him. Most of the time, it's hard for him to compose his hate and anger down. It's just that his character was written with more sense than Kin. Ken was perfecto as Kawee, he was totally in sync.

The script writer who wrote Kin needs to study him a bit more. His emotions are bland and his actions are everywhere. However, I do like it whenever Dome is sad or cries, he does good in those scenes. Other than this, blah!

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah, perhaps it's Dome who cannot act so that we cannot find any ground to rationalize potential R-scenes. Seriously, his sexiness disappears in ep 3 which was initially very strong in ep 2. I feel like they filmed ep 3 way after they had finished ep 2. I don't know exactly what happened but ep 3's suck although the major change of the plot took place in that episode.