❤️[Ch3] Roy Leh Marnya (Maker J Group) Pope Tanawat & Bella Ranee

sugar12

sarNie Hatchling
I have to agree, I stopped watching when Aim was taking Nim back. I only watched the end to find out that Nim died -.- Anyways I felt like it dragged so much, they should have wrapped it up when Nim was about to commit suicide or after that somehow. The blindness and such got me annoyed so I stopped watching lol. Anyways Bua and Phet are so cute ugh! I wish hope they have another lakorn with them as the leads! Also when will Bella and Louis get one? lol they've been acting together in so many lakorn, they need one smh. so much chemistry but they never get together.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Just finished this lakorn. The first half of lakorn was good, but 2nd half fell flat. Agreed that Nim scenes dragged and Aim’s blindness scenes was unnecessary. Pope and Bella got too comfortable with each other that I don’t see them as lovers, more like bro and sister. I don’t really feel the spark in here. Bella and Louis makes a more believable couple. The girls acting was good and Louis was great. Pope on the other hand didn’t really shine in here, he under performed a bit.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Roy Leh Marnya is a good example of a Maker J lakorn that is good but not great. This is probably one of the better lakorns of this production, I'd still say that Leurd Ruk Toranong is the best lakorn that they've made to date.

Here is what worked:
The characters: Bella, Pope, Louis and Waawa fit their roles well. I really liked Aim and Ramin (when they weren't doing dumb things). Bella looked FABULOUS in this lakorn, her body is banging! Ramin is such a sweet pra'ek, he loves the n'ek so unconditionally and he was so patient with her. Pope manages to be pretty charming in this lakorn, I think a less charismatic actor would have made the n'ek overshadow the p'ek, luckily Pope and Bella are able to each hold their own. Waawa plays the psychopath well and she suits rai character more than n'ek. She's never struck me as the n'ek type.
The chemistry: Pope and Bella's chemistry remained strong and this is the first time I've enjoyed a lakorn where the leads got along from early on. Usually it gets pretty boring when they are already together and getting along but Pope and Bella's chemistry made it work and I enjoyed every scene they had together.

Problems:
Nim
This lakorn was good up to Nim's attempted suicide scene, then it got very tedious. Aim and Ramin are fairly intelligent people I'd say, but the fact that Aim was so soft towards Nim despite all that she did to her and Ramin letting Nim re-enter their lives DESPITE him being so suspicious of her and having a bad feeling all along is ridiculous. It was very exhausting watching Nim slowly concoct her plan to destroy Aim, not to mention it took so much time. I rolled my eyes hard when Aim was crying for her to come back at the hospital, LIKE GURLLLL PLEASEEEEE. Then to make matters worse they have to make Aim blind and we are forced to watch her take her frustration out on poor Ramin. It seemed like this lakorn didn't know what it wanted to be during the second half of the lakorn and lost sight of what it was about all along. The second half of the lakorn seemed like a different lakorn.

Supporting characters:
I liked Phet and Bua's couple. They started off strong and then the lakorn seemed to completely forget about them along with Bell and Pruek's couple. I didn't like how Max's character was abandoned during the last couple of episodes, the could have given more to his character since he was such a big part of this lakorn (side note: Louis looked really hot in this lakorn). Also, what was the point of showing Je and her husband's troubles? Ton Jakrit showed up for like 3 useless scenes, they really could have cut that out. Je did absolutely nothing for the lakorn either.

The verdict...

This lakorn lost its steam in the second half. Never a dull moment and I wasn't bored but things really dragged on and I got very tired during the last couple of episodes *le sigh*.

bit

sarNie Adult
This is a prime example of Thai lakorn where they change writer midway and it seems second writer don’t even know what happen in the first half.

one of the reason it’s frustrate me to watch Thai lakorn, it lost continuity.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Sigh, talking about this drama on the other thread reminded me that I just finished rewatching it recently and came to the conclusion that it was not as bad as I had first thought it to be. Maybe cos now I know how exasperating Nim was I could just ffw past her character. Less harm on my blood pressure when I feel less forum wanting to climb into the TV to push her off the bridge/cliff. :mad:

What I Liked About It
  1. Pope & Bella. Their talent and chemistry made watch and endure this.
  2. The overall message of life is not meant to be smooth-sailing, but it is important that we know that problems can be overcome if we have the love and support of our loved ones. Helped me as I was struggling with a depressive episode at one point of rewatching this.
  3. The sub-messages on family, marriage, life, etc. Gave me a lot to think about.
  4. The casting. Everyone acted well and made this drama good to watch. Even Wawa whom I usually can’t stand. The weakest actor was perhaps the guy who played Pope’s brother, but I can look past it.
What I Hated About It

The main plot. As I was rewatching it, I realized that the title referred to Nim mainly, and so this is actually her lakorn. Her character had been causing all these events to happen that drive the story from even before Ep 1 (causing Em & Min to separate). No one did anything to her, it’s just she who’s continuously hurting others! The most frustrating thing is that Nim was an insane/irrational character so there is no reasoning with her! So in the end her character was not even redeemed so I almost felt like I wasted my time watching the drama. Like what did I endure all that for if she was just gonna be killed at the end of the story?

Without Nim, Pope & Bella’s characters could have enough challenges to overcome in the course of their relationship. Em would have to overcome a serial cheater of a husband, the stigma of divorce, professional challenges post-divorce that might be worsened by her ex-MIL, her own personal complexes on starting a new relationship. Ramil could also have to overcome his own family issues, and helping Em overcome her personal complexes on starting a new relationship. If the production is more capable, they could have even turned this into an ensemble drama with each character having their own plot/story that intertwines. But that wouldn’t be a typical lakorn, and definitely won’t be titled Roy Leh Marnya.:pancarta:

smilealways06

sarNie Adult
Is Ramin sure he slept with Nim when he was drunk? Doesn't Max confirm that Nim only ever sleeps with him in some previous episodes?:confused12:
Just got done watching this drama...according to Daeng(Aunt Siree's helper) said she saw him very drunk that night and can't do anything to Nim...So to clear anyone's thought if Min still virgin all those years waiting for Aim, then it's a yes, P'Min is still a virgin:clap::thumbup: