[Ch3] Qi Pao (Broadcast Thai)

june2s

sarNie Hatchling
about the rating of this lakorn dropping, i am not really surprise by it. i love ann so much so much and she is so talented. but i find several errors with the lakorn, especially the setting and clothing. the lakorn takes place in modern time yet they still wear qi pao as a normal everyday where. the production time didn't a good job in convincing me that they are actually chinese and is in HK in most parts, just unrealistic. and some parts just boring and i forwarded most of the time. i understand it will unfold eventually, but it not really entertaining to watch. The second wife with the daughter acted like they are the owner of the house. pei pei is not even the father's own kid, she acted like she is the princess of the house. they should be grateful they are living there period. Mart in this lakorn is like a robot, his acting has improved but still stiff. I like when he is with ann in the other lakorn, it more funny and enjoyable to watch.

Reactions: Asy

Asy

sarNie Immature
about the rating of this lakorn dropping, i am not really surprise by it. i love ann so much so much and she is so talented. but i find several errors with the lakorn, especially the setting and clothing. the lakorn takes place in modern time yet they still wear qi pao as a normal everyday where. the production time didn't a good job in convincing me that they are actually chinese and is in HK in most parts, just unrealistic. and some parts just boring and i forwarded most of the time. i understand it will unfold eventually, but it not really entertaining to watch. The second wife with the daughter acted like they are the owner of the house. pei pei is not even the father's own kid, she acted like she is the princess of the house. they should be grateful they are living there period. Mart in this lakorn is like a robot, his acting has improved but still stiff. I like when he is with ann in the other lakorn, it more funny and enjoyable to watch.
I agree with almost everything that you've said lol. However I think that they're wearing qipao because they love qipao, as mentioned by Wern Yuey in episode 3, although the soldiers destroyed all his mom's qipao, he still going to make qipao alive again --arghh actually I don't remember exactly his word, but it's something like that. So maybe he ordered the member of the house to wear qipao everyday lol. About Khun Nai Rong and Pei Pei, they were born to be sh*t lol. I don't understand how supposedly brilliant guy like Wern Yeuy fall for the second wife. About Mart, gahhh, I though he has improved in first episode, but I was wrong. The more I watch, the more I could see his flaw!

Anyway, since I've seen all three installments of this horror fabric series (Qi Pao still otw), I think I understand one thing about Dr. Pongsakorn. There must be one rai servant who'll be the right hand for bad people. Juang in Sarp Phusa, Mei in Roy Mai and Ah Pao in Qi Pao.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Prepare for another long post...muahaha.

READ THIS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! I don't know how to do that spoiler thingy, although this isn't too much of a spoil.
Suspect List (after episode 4)
1. Ming Tian: Simple - he's the pra'ek and he's the lover.
2. Wen Yeuy: I still don't know why he allowed Pink to enter his house, but he's royal and since he's all about dignity and pride, he wouldn't dare to lower himself down and commit such dirty crime.
3. Nai Yai: Can I do half and half? First half: everyone in here is suspecting her, so I'm going to take the reversed approach and say she's not the killer. Plus, she loves May Lee too much. Second half: The thing is, could she be mentally unstable due to the mia noi and possibly killed May Lee, since May Lee didn't help in splitting Ming San and Wei, and help her from being humiliated by the mia noi?
4. Nai Rong: She's evil yes, but it's pretty obvious it's not her.
5. Pei Pei: She seems to be too stupid and naive to be capable of committing such crime, BUT she can be psychotic at times, so that could be a reason why she killed May Lee and forgot.
6. Siem: Her problem is the qi pao war only.
7. Jin: He just looks very suspicious, the way he looks at his surroundings and such. However, since the author is intentionally making him look suspicious, he may not be the killer...hmm.
8. Lien: From the look on her face, she looks frightened; she even looks scared of her husband (~DUM, DUm, dum~).
9. Yong San: He's just the caretaker of the museum, and it doesn't seem like he has anything to do with the family problems.
10. Wei: He's the scapegoat.
11. The other servants: They don't have that significant of a role in the story, so it doesn't make sense if the author made one of them the killer.
12. Ming San: I don't have anything on him because his story isn't too deep yet.

A few comments:
- I feel like the dialogue is too scripted (I mean it is the script haha), it doesn't flow very naturally and it feels like they're telling us everything straightforwardly without letting us think a bit or...I don't know how to explain it... :scratchhead2:...
- I like the surprises they throw at us though, like the Ah Siem scene, I was caught off guard. Although, it was kind of...irrelevant to the whole story...or is it?
- I hate the evil servant, but when she hummed to Teresa Teng's "Tian Mi Mi"...I was humming happily along with her haha.
- The gay scene made me a little *shivers* sorry :p. They just look so in love and it seems so real. Gotta give it to the O's, they were very convincing :bravo: .
- Ya'll notice how Anne's hair changes dramatically from scene to scene?? One part her hair is short, another part her hair is longer, a moment she has bangs, and another moment she doesn't haha. Like this:

These two scenes are suppose to be a couple days apart only haha.
Take a look at this:

A couple days later her hair becomes short again!? Haha. (I personally like this hair style, I'm not too fond of Anne's hair split right in the midline) However, I like it that they make her hair style change from time to time, unlike some lakorns where they make the nang'ek stick to ONE hairstyle throught the WHOLE lakorn ugh.

Waiting for episode 5 :whistle:...is it gonna be scary? Will I have to :hide: again?

Asy

sarNie Immature
Oh yeah... the hair thing! It's ridiculous lol. I don't like Pink's hair at all TBH. She looks so messed up.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
^^ Haha. I just don't like her hair when it's split in the middle. I don't really like that kind of hairstyle in general.

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
this week's episodes were boring! it lost the suspense when they added unnecessary scenes and moved away from the main plot a bit. the clothing is fine. it's only the servants and the old people who wears the gee pao which is normal; the rest wears modern clothing. the only thing is whenever they film in hong kong, it's never the whole thing like they might film the market and stuff, but the house is not in hong kong. i'm also done with ann and smart pairing. i don't know, i'm just whatever with their love scenes now. anyway, i'm still suspecting the younger brother and his wife.

i gotta say though, lakorns with the chinese themes always have such good soundtrack!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
^^ Yeah I felt the whole part with Ah Siem's father and that rebel/old guy was irrelevant. I thought an exciting clue was going to be revealed and something new was going to emerge, but it was only that, which was a bit disappointing. Unless, it's going to be important later on in the story. Oh well, still waiting for Nat hehe.

LoveAnne_T

sarNie Adult
WoW!!! 200 pages. I know a lot of people complain about QP. But for me, I enjoy watching it. I am looking forward to the next episode. :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

LoveAnne_T

sarNie Adult
Haha. Well I'm one of those critics alright haha. I still enjoy it too.
There are some fans saying that the production not good enough for QP, but I don't see any problem with. Is it because I love Ann so much???? hehehehe.

Phatman, did you finish ep.4???? What do you think about it??? At least there is the good part right???? For ep. 5 there is many sweet scene, I really hope you like it.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
There are some fans saying that the production not good enough for QP, but I don't see any problem with. Is it because I love Ann so much???? hehehehe.

Phatman, did you finish ep.4???? What do you think about it??? At least there is the good part right???? For ep. 5 there is many sweet scene, I really hope you like it.
The production crew did well, not excellent, but they sure did spend a lot with travelling to HK and that mansion. I guess they paid too much attention to the big things and not the details like the script, Pink's hair, and other stuff...that's why.

Episode 4 was alright...you can read my comments above if you really want to know the details haha. I just wish Wei would meet Pink and talk to her already haha. Also, like I mentioned before too many flashbacks within 4 episodes. They should've spreaded it out so that we absorb the info slowly, yet not at a draggy pace. You know what I mean :scratchhead2: ? Haha.

LoveAnne_T

sarNie Adult
The production crew did well, not excellent, but they sure did spend a lot with travelling to HK and that mansion. I guess they paid too much attention to the big things and not the details like the script, Pink's hair, and other stuff...that's why.

Episode 4 was alright...you can read my comments above if you really want to know the details haha. I just wish Wei would meet Pink and talk to her already haha. Also, like I mentioned before too many flashbacks within 4 episodes. They should've spreaded it out so that we absorb the info slowly, yet not at a draggy pace. You know what I mean :scratchhead2: ? Haha.
Yeah, I know. They should put more detail a bit. The mension that Jao's family live in, it is in Thailand. They try to make look like Hong Kong, is not easy. Thankful to them for their hard work. I really hope the next episode will get better. I know they only use 4 days in Hong Kong to film it, and they have to do everything so rush. Ann say in the interview that, some part when they film in Hong Kong it was the end part, she don't really know how the story line go, so the director have to give her some details.

acudila87

sarNie Oldmaid
I want to give a very long comment but i hv no time and my english is :thumbdown: ..so i need to make it short and hope u gals get what i mean..
About the complaint,i guess its not many complaint right? ad most of it abut the clothes,the hairstyle & the production..So,its okay..
I notice about Anne's hairstyle in her other lakorn too..but i think its a small matter..as ong as i enjoy the lakorn and not dragging like chaleuy suk,then i'm okay...
And about the clothes..agreed with Asy...its only JMT's dad & mom..And JMT's mom didn't wear Qi Pao when she met the doctor right? she only wore it at home..
About the production,i'm not sure what details u want more..I mean,it takes 10 months for the filming and this is what they did..If they make it more detail,then i think we can't watch QP by now..err get what i mean??
Afterall..its not about the acting except *cough * Mart * cough* & the storyline...its okay.
+ thats why we call it L.A.K.O.R.N..not A TRUE STORY...lol..
And for me,its better than SSH & 365..in SSH & 365,we got to see the camera...hahaha...
And about that Siem..not relevant? for me its relevant...
Now we know who sent the Qi Pao &for what reason...
The thing i don't understand is,why May Lee chose Pink to help her...
Is it because she look like her???
If so,then how did she know there's a person look like her in this world..
I mean,for sure the ghost has some power to know this and that..
But why the ghost didn't know who killed her.. :scratchhead2:
Get what i mean again???

The only thing i don't like about this lakorn is the repeated scene..
The flashback about May Lee,JMt,JMS is okay..
But there's so many repeated scenes especially Pink's scene...