[Ch3] Neung Nai Suang (No Problem)

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
I couldnt resist the temptations and went back to watch ken-janie's version. And when Ken first appeared, it's the true definition of Lor Lor heheh i have forgotten how much of a smooth and natural actor he is, all those fond feelings for him is rushing back arghhh I do really like Ken's Neung, but Janie's Poom is making me feel so distant. She js seems a tad arrogant, not the same closeness, appreciation and loving bond towards for Pan and Pu (something i really enjoy from this version). I actually dont even want Janie's Poom to end up with my Ken's Neung lol

But the dialogue from both versions are 80-90% similar, so do watch the older version for better understanding. Something irrelevant, but i was always curious what condition Pinit suffered from, it's actually TB. And so many ppl from the older version is in the new version and everyone has aged so gracefully :)

Jellyfish

sarNie Hatchling
I love Khun neung's Ken but I also love Khun neung' James. They both bring something different to the table. Ken conveys most of his emotions through his eyes, just one look you could see that he's in love with Poom (Janie). But James smile is adorable as well he can hardly contain his smile when he found out he was getting engaged to Poom. Initially I was like no way James' neung doesn't have that aura but now I adore his portrayal. Ofcourse not the same as Ken but something different

sarNie Adult
I watched more of the old version again! Thank you bubbles8!

Jellyfish said:
I love Khun neung's Ken but I also love Khun neung' James. They both bring something different to the table. Ken conveys most of his emotions through his eyes, just one look you could see that he's in love with Poom (Janie). But James smile is adorable as well he can hardly contain his smile when he found out he was getting engaged to Poom. Initially I was like no way James' neung doesn't have that aura but now I adore his portrayal. Ofcourse not the same as Ken but something different

They are different aren't they, reminds me of this manga I used to read, where this actor had to play the same role his father played years ago. But to escape his father's shadow he had to play the character differently. they had the same scenes, the same lines, but the approach was different. I suppose it's like this too. 

Is it just me or do the lines seem longer in the 2015 version? I also like how there was more screen time for the two other couples. Khun Chai in the first version was like the jilted guy in Sleepless in Seattle, i mean, he was such a nice guy foil compared to the arrogant Neung, but at least he gets a girl in the end too. Namm was so cute in the beginning but since he returned, he hasn't really been that awesome for me. But I am rooting for Pan!

Mahalo said:
I don't think it had anything to do with the period. It's just how the plot was written. A majority of Thai lakorns are written this way with the pranangs falling for each other out of the blue or forgiving each other too easily. When that happens, it's usually poor writing and character development. If Poom is starting to like Neung, will we able to list the reasons that changed her heart? Poom is prideful. She wouldn't change how she feels easily so Anuwat would have had to show her how much of a good person he is to deserve her love. So far, he doesn't deserve her with the whole Songsaeng incident.  

Now that I've seen until episode 8 and parts of 9, I understand most of you who were wondering how Poom would fall in love with Neung when he is being such an ass. He had some goodwill in episodes 4 and 5, only to scrap that all away with his sexual harassment scene in episode 6. Then of course 7 was a development, though it was mostly an internal one and Poom theoretically was not supposed to think of Neung any better (but for us audiences, we get to see him suffer and repent a little, so we, or at least I forgave him a little). then by Episode 8, they reach some form of truce, though clearly it was through Poom's tolerance. I've been trying so hard to figure it out in my head, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that she started loving him to a certain extent already by episode 5. Mahalo's right, Neung hasn't shown anything nice to Poom to make her change her mind about him. But perhaps it would make more sense if Poom compared Pinit, Khun Chai and Neung all together. Neung had been pestering her for how many episodes now whereas Pinit's mom sent Poom away, whereas Khun Chai went abroad and he's just an ambivalent presence. It's only Neung left. Now I'm not saying she liked him because Neung is the only guy available, what I'm saying is that Neung brought out the best and worst in her whereas the other guys were just at the back of her mind and/or putting her on a pedestal since she has "normal" interactions with them. She had no choice but to think of Neung all the time since she took pains to avoid him, cried almost every episode after he brought her home, and always had these explosive fights with him. I think that's the whole point of their story - how hate can turn into "love" or how "hate" can actually be a cover for love. if Neung and Poom didn't fight as much as they did, what's left for us to see in the story? Though i do agree, there should have been more scenes of Neung being nice to Poom. 

Mahalo said:
This is ending soon, but there doesn't seem to be any progression with Poom and her feelings for Anuwat. I know Neung's feelings has been growing throughout each episode, but Poom still despises Neung. I don't want this to feel rushed. I was hoping for Neung to show some kindness towards Poom after the engagement, but next week he is running away and professing his love for her. Poom hasn't even gotten the chance to get to know the real him so I feel as though she will love him out of sympathy from the letter. I don't want that. I want sweet intimate moments.

lakorn_addict said:
I feel that there are some snippets of Poom showing that she was starting to like Neung...I think its just not as open as we would like. It also doesn't help with all of the misunderstanding they have because of all of the rais. Maybe during those time, the females are easier swayed and more forgiving...

Yeah. I think the clincher for Poom is how nicely Neung treats Khun Ying. She's a poor lost orphan child and Neung is being all gentle and nice to her. I think Poom identifies with Khun Ying. There are also times when Neung was being "caring" for her but he did it in such a jerk-ass manner since Poom isn't exactly sweet to him either. I mean, he had to show that he hated to do it as much as she did just to make her agree to accept his ministrations. Then of course there's the part where he saved her life and he tried to nurse her back afterwards. Although it's quite sexist, and a bit stupid, I think the real score is that she really was starting to love him in episode 4/5 already when she can't help but think about him, even though it was more of hatred or annoyance at that time. It's a romance novel device - girl loses her first kiss to a guy then boom. she falls in love with him once she gets past her anger at him for stealing her first kiss. Think about it, it's a romance novel/ dorama trope. I think I can name at least 5 other novels/doramas where this happened. I know it doesn't make sense but that' the point right, love doesn't make sense.  :whistle:  

but seriously, I've been trying to figure it out, how the hell Poom would fall in love with Neung. At episode 9, my conclusion is he really just did "win" her, forcefully and underhandedly, yes, but he did manage to get her over her pride and rebelliousness. BUT IT'S NOT YET OVER.  It would be less anti-feminist if I take into consideration the next episodes, that is, Poom genuinely and fully loves him only AFTER he lets her go. She loves him after he throws in the white towel and lets go of his pride. For a guy so arrogant, his pride is his last bastion. So for him to let that go and accept defeat for the first time in his life would reduce him to nothing. I am afraid that like what Mahalo said, it might turn out to be Poom loving Neung out of pity, but the way I understand the story, Poom would likewise be getting over her arrogance and finally give in and accept "love". (Though in this version, Yaya's Poom didn't seem that arrogant. She was just being arrogant to save herself from Neung's asshole ways. I suppose she would just bring down her defenses then and start accepting Neung). I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes. I really hope my reading of the story is correct and the production staff manage to bring out the whole drama of Neung giving up his arrogance and accepting defeat to win Poom's love. 

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
luloveyaya said:

haha, i am Yadecher as well, but I am more on Yaya, therefore I am quite of comfortable seeing her with other handsome actors , haha.
I,at first, dont like his baby face ( James Ji) and I think it makes him look younger than yaya since they have same age. But now I found out that sometimes, he can be damn hot as well , amazing .,. hahaha I like the scenes when they share a night together and he cook a porridge for her, his smiles after hearing her thank you words ,,, aaaa ... i need to calm myself down haha.

I am having the same thought that they should have another lakorn soon, hope CH3 will choose a new novel or script for them, I dont want Yaya to have a remake again.

I am watching both " Neung Nai Suang" and " Roy Fun Tawan Duerd" and having hard time as both couples are great for me. LOL.

Hey actually I'm the same as you!! I'm more on Yaya as well :) I am very comfortable seeing her with other actors LOL in fact I am dying for her to pair up with more actors (example Mario) rather than sticking with Nadech only because I really want to see her with different people, although I still love Yadech. I loved James Ji since KCP, he just won my heart with that role lol!! I am usually not a fan of baby face actors but dang, he totally won me over effortlessly lol! Not saying I'm a super fan of James, but I do like him! And I'm so thrilled for him pairing up with Yaya. True, I'm so tired of Yaya doing remakes, I really want her to get some original lakorns :) 
I just watched star stage and it surprised me to see Yaya being really comfortable around James and quite touchy with each other and I LOVE IT LOL! They are like two kids having fun together all the time lol!! I am dying for a reunion. I ship Jirassaya now LOL. Don't worry, I still love Yadech hahahaha :D

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
040156 said:
I'm watching episode 6 only now. Could someone please explain what Neung and Poom's conversation /one sided argument was about before Neung kissed Poom after he brought her home after the wedding of the doctor and Poom's friend? Neung was such a douche in that scene, I can tell, and I didn't even understand a word he said. But what confuses me is how the background music shifted so he might have said something sweet before he planted the big one on her.

Hi I am quite okay in understanding thai lakorns (not an expert in Thai) but I can understand this one. I'll try to translate the best I can, sorry if its not 100% accurate but it's definitely what it means. Pardon me if the translation sounds weird haha.

They arrived at Poom's house, he doesn't want to let her go yet.
*In the car*
N : Do you think that I'm like other men, who will let u spin my head around easily like that, Hathairat? (referring the prank) 
P : I didn't think like that!
N : Not true! You intend to seduce the men at the party to annoy (or provoke) me! (referring to her smiling to the men) But I don't care about that, because those men are only able to get smiles from (your mouth), but I've already gotten something more than that (refers to the kiss)
P : You only got it because I was unconscious, if I was aware and conscious, it would never have happened! *get out of car*
N : If it didn't happen, you would probably be dead by now and won't be alive to seduce other men like this. So to say, I'm the one who saved your life. Everything on your body, should belong to me. Especially... *got closer* - I think he's referring to her lips lol
P : I didn't ask for your help, therefore, you have no right over me. If I want to smile, talk to anyone or seduce anyone, it's my own right to do so. If you are not satisfied, I don't care.
*He pulls her closer*
P : Khun Anawat! What are you doing? Let me go!
N : I'll definitely let you go, but not now! Just now you said you don't care (have no interest in him) about me, right?
P : Yes!
N : I will make you to have interest in me!
He kisses her and she slaps him.
P : Foul-mouthed! Most disgusting (not sure about the meaning of the word but should be close)! What kind of woman do you think I am? That you did this to me?
N : I could do more than this! So that you will know, I have rights over your body, whenever I want. *she tries to slap him* Don't forget that I'm foul-mouthed and most despicable, if you slap me again, this time I will do more than just kiss. Don't believe me, just try!
P : I WANT TO KILL YOU! KHUN ANAWAT!
N : Right now you felt something towards me already, for at least, you still want to kill me. It means that you care (have interest) about me
*she runs away and cries*
P : Hathairat! You run away and crying like that, aren't u afraid of anyone seeing?

HE IS A JACKASS IN THIS SCENE, hope my translation helps :)
if anyone think I did some wrong translation, feel free to correct me ja :)

sarNie Adult
Wow! Thank you so much. I understand it much better. I love how they wrapped it around the theme song and god! Neung is (almost)unforgivable! It's a bit awkward though for JJ to have those lines with that baby face of his. No wonder his eyes were blazing.

ingfakirata

sarNie Egg
For me, if Poom didn't run out the dancing floor from Nueng. He wouldn't be like this because he already forgot Poom. 
Poom wanted to fight with him first. 
Since he was born, he's always been number one who has the most loved and interested. Nueng felt to lose face in the public and mad at her.
If Poom didn't run from him, Nueng wouldn't definitely interested and fell in love with her.

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
ingfakirata said:
For me, if Poom didn't run out the dancing floor from Nueng. He wouldn't be like this because he already forgot Poom. 
Poom wanted to fight with him first. 
Since he was born, he's always been number one who has the most loved and interested. Nueng felt to lose face in the public and mad at her.
If Poom didn't run from him, Nueng wouldn't definitely interested and fell in love with her.

Well its understandable why Poom would run away from him, of course she wouldn't dance with him and couldn't care less if he lose face lol I mean this guy has insulted her ever since she's a kid as long as she can remember. Neung should have just walked away but he didn't, he chased her and wants to force her to go back and dance with him even though she had left the party. lol he's so arrogant and over-confident thinking he can make everyone do what he wants. Don't forget that Poom has always tried to avoid him several times because she doesnt want to meet him.

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
040156 said:
Wow! Thank you so much. I understand it much better. I love how they wrapped it around the theme song and god! Neung is (almost)unforgivable! It's a bit awkward though for JJ to have those lines with that baby face of his. No wonder his eyes were blazing.

You're welcome! I'm used to seeing his baby face now (I think his baby face is so ADORABLE HAHA it makes me scream all the time), I think his acting is pretty good and he is very mean and arrogant as Neung! In real life if I ever met anyone like Neung, never in a million years I would ever fancy the guy lol, too mean for me!! Somehow James is amazing in period lakorns even though he has a baby face. I'm now looking forward to the next episode because I want to see his heartbreak and the good bonding time needs to start as soon as possible! We need to see more sweet scenes between them yayyyyyyy!!! :) 

ingfakirata

sarNie Egg
ImmaSingaholic said:

Well its understandable why Poom would run away from him, of course she wouldn't dance with him and couldn't care less if he lose face lol I mean this guy has insulted her ever since she's a kid as long as she can remember. Neung should have just walked away but he didn't, he chased her and wants to force her to go back and dance with him even though she had left the party. lol he's so arrogant and over-confident thinking he can make everyone do what he wants. Don't forget that Poom has always tried to avoid him several times because she doesnt want to meet him.

Yep, I agree with you. I just talked about the reason why Nueng started to fight with Poom. I read the novel and watched 3 version of NNS. Actually Nueng was not that kind of sharp-tongued person but this version just changed him to this way, more sharp-tongued, more jerk and more spoiled. Paajaew said this version James roles as the bad guy not Pra-ak at all lol. 

by the way, the less of three episode will definitely cute and sweet scenes. 

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
ingfakirata said:

Yep, I agree with you. I just talked about the reason why Nueng started to fight with Poom. I read the novel and watched 3 version of NNS. Actually Nueng was not that kind of sharp-tongued person but this version just changed him to this way, more sharp-tongued, more jerk and more spoiled. Paajaew said this version James roles as the bad guy not Pra-ak at all lol. 

by the way, the less of three episode will definitely cute and sweet scenes. 

Yeah haha I saw that too! so funny Paa jaew said James is so bad in this lakorn hahaha! Maybe they wanted to portray a different Neung than all the other versions, bringing something new to the table :) I really hope they give them a face-to-face love confession lol!

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Ya did say, if there's a person as arrogant as Neung in real life she wouldnt fall for him lol, but the real JJ is cute and they can be good friends

I do really like James' Neung when he gets jealous, i think that when he's the cutest! The way he gets jealous with Doctor (and the doctor's confused look) cracks me up hahah

Cant wait for the next eps!

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
James and Yaya are just too cute! I love their friendship omg and they are so funny behind the scenes!!!! Please give me more JIRASSAYA CH3 I am literally on my knees begging. I think James looks cute all the time and I just wanna pinch his chubby cheeks LOL!!!!! 

Jellyfish

sarNie Hatchling
Argh!! I've been re-watching all the episodes so many times to cure my withdrawal symptoms. Keep telling myself just 2 more nights . What am I to do when this finishes in 2 weeks time?! they need to do another lakorn ASAP

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Haha. I'm glad to see that more people are falling for James Ji. I really can't wait for the next episodes. I also want a reunion for them too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlWDUBeGD7E
Jirassaya is so adorable!!! I can't stop laughing to myself at how playful these two are. :)

sarNie Adult
Oh wow, thanks Step for the ratings! I'm glad that both James are doing well.

Bieluvr, my sister, i've missed you! I'm glad there are more of us here who find the biatchy James ji cute. Hehehe. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I'm not the only one feeling this way. There's something oddly endearing about him when he acts like a jerk, especially when you remember how funny he is in the Bts.

Could someone please translate though what he said after they played "pretty boy" by M2m while he was leaning against the car? I'm guessing he said something goofy /stupid that's why they had to change the background music

I love Jirassaya's playful rivalry on set.i'm still torn as to whether I want to see them again as lovers or as siblings, hopefully not both though haha.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
040156 said:
Oh wow, thanks Step for the ratings! I'm glad that both James are doing well. Bieluvr, my sister, i've missed you! I'm glad there are more of us here who find the biatchy James ji cute. Hehehe. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I'm not the only one feeling this way. There's something oddly endearing about him when he acts like a jerk, especially when you remember how funny he is in the Bts. Could someone please translate though what he said after they played "pretty boy" by M2m while he was leaning against the car? I'm guessing he said something goofy /stupid that's why they had to change the background music I love Jirassaya's playful rivalry on set.i'm still torn as to whether I want to see them again as lovers or as siblings, hopefully not both though haha.
LOL. Yes, when he was standing by the car, the crew person asked if James could stand normally and not pose like that, he said that it's already normal. LOL. Then he's like I was born in this position. Haha, he's just so adorable, I love that even though he's older than me (only by one year) but he still acts like a child. I find that attractive in a guy, that they can be total kids, but know when it's right to grow up. My "Pretty Pretty Boy" :)

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
OMGGG JIRASSAYA ARE TOO CUTE TOGETHER!!!! James and Yaya are so so playful with each other and SO FUNNY OMG!!!
Lmfao when James and Yaya fighting for the hug. Dies.
WHAT AM I GONNA DO WHEN THIS LAKORN ENDS. NO NO NO NO I DON'T WANT IT TO END