[Ch3] Neung Nai Suang (No Problem)

chaitra

sarNie Adult
SERIOUSLY SOMEONE NEEDS TO SUB THIS LAKORN COZ THE DIALOGUES ARE GETTING LONGER AND MORE COMPLEX..DEFINITELY OUT OF OUR UNDERSTANDING ....
\
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LINK TO ENG SUBBED NNS?????????????

sarNie Adult
Well Chaitra, you could try watching the earlier version with Ken and Janie and that's the only way I kind of have an idea of what is going on, although they did change some things in this version, but the general idea is still the same.

It's ironic how Ken is up against his old character. Though I'm not surprised that James Ma and Ka Badin are leagues ahead of Neung Nai Suang. I think James Ma deserves it, but anyway, let's save that for the Ka Badin forum.  :cheer:  But in any event, I'm glad that NNS made it to number 2. I'm also glad that more people are starting to open up to James Ji. NNS was Yaya's show but since last episode, James Ji's starting to be noteworthy. He's showing a wider range of emotions now. I hope Pajaew and the whole production team upped the ante for the succeeding episodes. 

Someone mentioned earlier that NNS reminded her of Wanida, I was thinking that too actually. I think it's because of the feisty heroine, and i suppose it was Pajaew's style of directing. But Tik's character in Wanida is much nicer than Neung here. Yet what I like about Neung is that he isn't sweet to Song either. he's just a jerk to everyone. Hopefully he starts repenting for his actions. but he has to suffer! SUFFER NEUNG SUFFER!!!!  :numchuck: uh... oops. excuse me.  ^_^

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
Yeah NNS does remind me a lot of Wanida, but Neung is a jackass and totally different than Tik's character in Wanida. Gosh I loved Wanida!!!!! It's one of my favs!!
Somehow James is great at doing period dramas, I was actually impressed by him in Supapburoot, because I feel that his acting was solid and believable! Although James has a baby face but I feel that he can pull off a serious face quite well. I would love to see James and Yaya working again in the future.

sarNie Adult
It's funny how JJ is such a (shameless) kid off screen but then he shines in those "stuck up" "stiff" and "overly conservative" roles. I suppose it's because when he smiles he looks like such a kid. But when he frowns (which his serious characters do a lot) he doesn't look THAT old. 

What I like about Neung is that he's all bluster. He's going all out showing his anger and giving Poom those sly smiles of his but at the same time, he's falling in love with her but can't say it. He's like a rooster puffing his chest but really he's just a clucking chicken. In Puttipat,
his character was also stuck up, but he was restrained, when he's angry or sad he can't express his feelings and he just keeps it in (and plays the frickin piano, or pouts in a corner for crying out loud).
I suppose those characters (Neung and Puttipat) would be hard to portray in a modern setting. Someday I'd want to see JJ in a good guy role. maybe a nerd type with a heart of gold, though I don't know if he can do it considering his forte is being a grand jerk. I wouldn't mind seeing Yaya as a feisty character again. Maybe they can be twins with polar opposite dispositions, or they can be lovers again where Yaya's character bullies him this time around. haha! I wish I could see that happening. 

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you for sharing.

Not surprised at all that James J. or Neung didn't come in first place.    Even Thai viewers didn't like his character, many wanted to slap, punch, and kick him to the curb, lol.

Many only saw his bad side and the way he treated Poom, but I also seen his good side.   He really cares and shows empathy for the people he loves.   He went out of his way to help the two siblings with their love lives, he took good care and always show concern for Khoon Ying well being.      He's in love with Poom and really cares for her but cannot express his feeling because of his pride or whatever his problem was.

Cannot wait for the engagement next week!

Step said:
Popular actor on pantip
1. James Ma (Ka Badin) - 41.96%
2. James Ji (Neung Nai Suang) - 26.34%
3. Ken (Krating) - 12.50%

NNS rating

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Those were the votes at Pantip (Thai social media).    James Ma might have a lot of active fans voting for him or the people who voted at Pantip happened to like Ka Badin.   

Here's the latest nation wide ratings by AC Nielsen for both lakorns:

NNS:

Episode 1..... 7.3
Episode 6..... 6.7
Episode 7..... 7.5

Ka Badin:

Episode 1..... 4.3
Episode 7..... 5.3
Episode 8..... 5.6

mongstaness said:
is ka badin really all that great? i'm disappointed that NNS isn't first

fara_markim

sarNie Egg
Ka Badin is thai historical drama, so i believe lots of people love it thats why people in Pantip love it..and I dont trust AC Nielsen Rating since it's not like before..the higher rating it gets, the more popular it is. Like how ch7 got higher rating with just a stupid love ghost story at the rating recorded, but public always talk about ch3 lakorn.

But personal opinion, I like sweet lakorn like NNS moreeeee than KB. Its personal choice, so lets just enjoy what we like and keep waiting for next wednesday..elleeke

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
Vimalee said:
Those were the votes at Pantip (Thai social media).    James Ma might have a lot of active fans voting for him or the people who voted at Pantip happened to like Ka Badin.   

NNS:

Episode 1..... 7.3
Episode 6..... 6.7
Episode 7..... 7.5

Ka Badin:

Episode 1..... 4.3
Episode 7..... 5.3
Episode 8..... 5.6

that's exactly what i've been thinking because NNS has waaaaay higher ratings than ka badin.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
tgamber said:
Where have you been living in? In a cave? Ka Badin is great, one of the greatest lakorns in 2015.
i'm still used to the old generation actors and actresses, so i don't really watch new lakorns unless it's with an actress or actress that i've watched. 

i only know james ma because he's in suparbaroot, and i've never heard or seen anything of matt, so i don't really care for KB. HOWEVER, i do like the mv though. i may tune in.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Ka Badin is the best lakorn of 2015. It's not me who's saying it but the ch3 people. NNS is also good in its own way.
mongstaness said:
is ka badin really all that great? i'm disappointed that NNS isn't first
tgamber said:
Where have you been living in? In a cave? Ka Badin is great, one of the greatest lakorns in 2015.

The rating is low for Ka Badin cos it has many interruptions while the show is airing for some community thing. And one epi airs fast, other late. People will not wait unless they are die hard fans lol and Pantip has Yaya's fans most, even they're actively voting cos Yaya won popular actress on the same poll with 40.76% and Matt came 2nd with 30.33%

Vimalee said:

It's James Ma's 2nd lakorn after supraburrot, KB took almost 2 years. But now more people are recognising James and Matt from this lakorn.
mongstaness said:
i only know james ma because he's in suparbaroot, and i've never heard or seen anything of matt, so i don't really care for KB. HOWEVER, i do like the mv though. i may tune in.

I'm watching both KB and NNS. NNS has Yaya and JJ so it has highest ratings. Even if NNS was not good, it will get ratings cos of them. This is not biased opinion.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Hehe I dont think Ya and James names alone can garner high ratings for any lakorn (wouldnt it be nice if that what the case). A grand cast doesnt guarantee ratings and vice versa. Im sure general netizens can differentiate between a good lakorn or not, they might be attracted to a particular actor/actress and watch intially, but if it doesnt satisfy their taste buds, im sure they wouldnt put themselves through the pain of continuing. Well that's for me anyways :p

Im actually quite surprised nns is doing quite decently, it's a really laid back lakorn with very little angst and skinship. I think what attracts the audience including myself is the dialogue, i love what is been conversed between all the characters. I like it also how it highlights the forever problem of class and rankings, how quickly ppl are judged based on it. P'mam's always have strong backbone storyline to her lakorns and not just solely on romance, that's why i always enjoy and appreciate her works. I also love all these bickering and eventual fall in love, Neung reminds me so much of Fai how he keeps provoking Poom with 'because you dont dare to this and that' lol

Moments i liked from ep3 was when Neung told Poom not to act all nicely in front of others because he knows her true self already with Poom retaliating, it's only when she's in front him that's when she's not herself and having to act like someone she's not! It's also cute how khun Chai and Pan are unconsciously growing a bond for each other, they're cute too

Some beautiful moments of Hathairath (i really the sound of her name) as i catch up on ep3

sarNie Adult
I think CH3's line up for the past few weeks is good. They have action/romance/drama every monday-tuesday, then light romance on wed-thurs then drama/romance/action again every fri-sat-sun. It's a good mix. I mean, you can't have the same dish served every day. There has to be some variety. NNS is great, I think Ka Badin is great too. So is Mafia Luerd Mungkorn (hope I spelled it right). 

I think it's pointless to argue which Lakorn is best since we all have our different standards and different tastes. That's why we have different threads for different Lakorns in the first place so we can discuss them all as much as we like in all the proper places. I for one am guilty for discussing other lakorns, such as comparing NNS to both the Janie-Ken version, or James Ji's acting from the other period Lakorn which he starred in, but it's all for the sake of putting things in perspective. But when we start comparing apples to oranges, I don't think it will be fruitful (no pun intended.  :coverlaf: )

I agree with bubbles8, NNS's success depends on many other factors such as the story, the characters, etc. not just the actors alone. Sure popularity is a great thing, but at the end of the day, who cares about ratings and trends right? I mean, we're all here to watch and enjoy the Lakorns to our hearts' content. We're all here to watch and root for our own personal favorites. So to end, what I'm trying to say is that let's all chill everyone, relax and enjoy the fun ride, and pray for NEUNG TO SUFFER! NEUNG! SUFFER!! SUFFER!!  :gungirl:  :arrg:  :smack: er... ehem. sorry. got carried away. What i mean is, love and peace everyone.  :grouphug:

chaitra

sarNie Adult
040156 said:
It's funny how JJ is such a (shameless) kid off screen but then he shines in those "stuck up" "stiff" and "overly conservative" roles. I suppose it's because when he smiles he looks like such a kid. But when he frowns (which his serious characters do a lot) he doesn't look THAT old. 

What I like about Neung is that he's all bluster. He's going all out showing his anger and giving Poom those sly smiles of his but at the same time, he's falling in love with her but can't say it. He's like a rooster puffing his chest but really he's just a clucking chicken. In Puttipat,
his character was also stuck up, but he was restrained, when he's angry or sad he can't express his feelings and he just keeps it in (and plays the frickin piano, or pouts in a corner for crying out loud).
I suppose those characters (Neung and Puttipat) would be hard to portray in a modern setting. Someday I'd want to see JJ in a good guy role. maybe a nerd type with a heart of gold, though I don't know if he can do it considering his forte is being a grand jerk. I wouldn't mind seeing Yaya as a feisty character again. Maybe they can be twins with polar opposite dispositions, or they can be lovers again where Yaya's character bullies him this time around. haha! I wish I could see that happening. 

So agree with you 040156,,,,, yaya and jj should definitely pair up again and james playing a nerdy character and Yaya definitely a bully..... this would totally work since in real life jj and  yaya have a special bond. All of Yaya's heroes are older than her but when it comes to JJ, he is younger and by the looks of it (and by their conversations) it is obv JJ keeps asking yaya this n that and our Yaya acts as a cute know it all :smack:  :strong: .  ?Their friendship and comfort zone is definitely much better than what they show it the media coz they have to protect their individual koojin popularity.

:dance2: I bet even ch 3 dint expect people to like NNS and Yaya - JJ pairing to this extent in the first place or else we would have got a lot of awesome bts and promotions during filming. The filming was extremely quite and all of a sudden BAM! BAM! BAM! NNS everywhere :woot:

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Sood Kean San Ruk, Ka Badin, MLM Krating, and NNS all got interrupted due to political and communities speeches or South East Asia Football/Soccer games and their ratings got affected somewhat.

People who voted at Pantip must have liked CH3 a lot.    Whatever happened to the fans of other channels?

Step said:

The rating is low for Ka Badin cos it has many interruptions while the show is airing for some community thing. And one epi airs fast, other late. People will not wait unless they are die hard fans lol and Pantip has Yaya's fans most, even they're actively voting cos Yaya won popular actress on the same poll with 40.76% and Matt came 2nd with 30.33%