phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
FINISHED!!

Final Review

Storyline - If I take into consideration the other series and it's correlation to this series, then my rating would be not-so-good, but  If I look at it as it's own lakorn, I love it! It's a little slow and not as angsty and dramatic, but that's okay I like this light action romantic drama that they gave us. Not only do I like the content of the storyline, I LOVE the pace and how it's written. It's not all over the place and overly fast or slow, it's just right. The props make the setting feel unrealistic, but that's okay the pros overshadow the cons so I'll let it pass this time. HEHE. I love how they focus on their intent to show how the mafia world is like, "The higher you go the colder it gets; no victory without sacrifice, power brings sadness." The writers did a great job at demonstrating the other side of power and what greed makes a man. It's not an original theme, but for a Thai lakorn they did a swell job. I also can't believe how emotional I got because of a second lead couple.  :cry: I literally cried a bucket watching the finale for our second lead couple's tragic romance, it's beautiful. Even more beautiful than our lead's story itself. HEHE. 4.5/5

Cast - I LOVE the whole cast in Singh. LOVE, LOVE. No kidding. I really do admire the whole entire cast in this series from the bad minion played by Oh, to the evil grandma played by one of my favorite older generation actresses, to my pra'ek Dr. Pholdee. Hehe. All the characters were played very well and shown onscreen in a very timely manner. The nicely spaced screen time between the whole cast makes the storyline flow really nicely and smoothly. I can't stress enough of that. Everyone was equally important and critical to the storyline. Tik and Mew had good chemistry, I can feel a little resistance from Mew, but that's okay. Au and Yayaying on the other hand had great chemistry. Their eyes connect really well, I can't describe it well enough, haha. Oh, A, Pympan, Tee's father, Ju's parents, Ah Ma, Ah, Ah Wuer, everyone did great!!!! I just wish they hired more extras!! The set feels too empty! HAHA. 5/5

Overall - This lakorn deserves only praises. Although it's ratings didn't hit the roof, I think it's still a very good lakorn. The only thing that bothers me is the productions lack of screen time for the other gang kids, aka Suer, Krating, Raed and Hong. It's a pity that they couldn't fit those guys in nicely, otherwise I'd give this lakron a higher rating!! 9.5/10

I hope Krating brings the same excitement!!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Sweet_JJ said:
They really need to release the OST for Krating, they're taking so long!

No, they need to release ALL the songs so far in Suer and Singh. HAHA. I really like a few songs that Yayaying sang. Especially that slow song that always plays in Singh, the semi-acoustic one. 

Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
I just saw the mv for Krating and boy, there are going to be quite some tears between our leads. From the looks of it, it's going to be intense.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ooo 9.5?!That is a high rating. :) what did you give the failed Seur again? I didn't think I would enjoy Singh as much but I'm glad it did not disappoint. Can't wait for Krating now. Hopefully the story progress.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
rating for lion 
ep1 4
ep2 4.3
ep3 4.3
ep4 4.6
ep5 5
ep6 4.7
ep7 5
ep8 4.6
ep10 6.5

i don't know why they didn't put ep 9 , i didn't watch it but since no one post it i wanted to share it for anyone who is curious to know the rating :) source cr ig ratingthaidrama

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
adsd18/2 said:
:p well in the new generation i only watch kimmy's lakorn but when there is actors from the veteran i will watch it and especially it's ken to be honest i didn't watch cherry before but from the teaser i liked their chemistry they are good actress and actor and plus as i said they look really good even in the pics together , thank you for welcome hope krating will be great  :dance3:
krating will be great, i trust and believe in Ken and Cherry i grew up watching them. omg watching the ost MV of Krating KC crying 
makes me wanna cry too but luckily i can control it 

i like the scene when Ken kisses Cherry and she gave him a slap  :dance3:

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Alice said:
krating will be great, i trust and believe in Ken and Cherry i grew up watching them. omg watching the ost MV of Krating KC crying 
makes me wanna cry too but luckily i can control it 

i like the scene when Ken kisses Cherry and she gave him a slap  :dance3:
can you please post the link for the ost :p 

cecilia

Staff member
Just want to say that I love Ken's character ... Love how cold Cherry looks at him in the mv.

Also, just realize that Cherry will be with all her male actors again just like Janie minus Ananda and Boy lol it'll be cool to see her with Tikker, Andrew and Ken all at once for a onscreen reunion in Krating :)

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
Sweet_JJ said:
adsd I posted the MV link lol.

https://youtu.be/INwJCGIUFNs
sorry my bad thank you sweet_jj 
woow there's a lot of anger and jealousy scene in the MV  i can't see the love though between them the anger feeling is surpassing the love well  so far the mv is good hope the epis itself will be good too :yes: 

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
phatman said:
Oh.. So he was actually a good guy, not evil. I thought he was evil and asked for money and couldn't get it so killed himself . Why did the grandma think Tee's dad made him commit suicide?? Not that I don't get as well hehe.

Btw, I'm watching this on my lunch break And bawling my eyes during the part Aun dies. Tik did a great job, the way be projected his terrified voice was perfect. Oh gosh how am I gonna go back to work now??? Haha. I'll have to say though best actress in Singh goes to Ah Ma!!!! I love her. Although I don't like it when they do makeup to make someone older, she made me believe she was old. She's awesome!!!
Yes, Tik did an awesome job during the part when Aun dies. His facial expression together with his terrified voice were perfect, just like how you have mentioned. I liked the part too when after he has sent ahJu to her dad's place, he came home to his dad and cried. That scene, with minimal scripts yet both Tik and the dad's expressions said it all. 

Throughout the entire 10 episodes, there wasn't any boring scenes. I looked forward to all of them even those scenes about the bad guys and the grandma. Of course, my most fav and anticipated scenes were the ones of Khun Tee and AhJu. And honestly speaking (hopefully I am not bias), all of Tik and Mew's scenes together were excellent. they were both very natural in their characters and carried out the scenes very well. 
Some of you have mentioned that it's very rare for Tik to pair up with the same partner again in his future work with exception for Aom, but I really hope Tik and Mew could pair up again. Would love to see them once again on screen ;)

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
phatman said:

No, they need to release ALL the songs so far in Suer and Singh. HAHA. I really like a few songs that Yayaying sang. Especially that slow song that always plays in Singh, the semi-acoustic one. 
Just to add, If I am not mistaken, some of the songs that Yayaying sang in the lakorn were actually Chinese songs but in Thai language. I can't remember the title though. Those are quite popular songs in the olden days! 

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
We should petition for them again, hehe it worked with Ann, Prahet, maybe it might work again. Just loved Ah Ju and Khun Tee, I'm not ready to let go yet, but Im also ready for Cherradeth, lol. Seems like loads of intense and heavy drama. Looking forward to seeing Ken again and excited for Cherry to be back on screen.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Ooo 9.5?!That is a high rating. :) what did you give the failed Seur again? I didn't think I would enjoy Singh as much but I'm glad it did not disappoint. Can't wait for Krating now. Hopefully the story progress.
I tried to look for it, but I couldn't retrace my post. Haha. So, I do not recall.

*SQUEAL*!!!!!! Okay, calm down. Not excited, not anticipating.....not excited, not anticipating.....just waiting. Okay....
Ken looks soooo good. I feel lots of chemistry between him and Cherry. I like this song version too, lots of angst and drama. Donut also looks very good. It would've been nice if they gave her the lead role. Not that I mind Cherry, I mean I did mind, but.....okay I'll be quiet. :Ghehe: I'm just waiting for this...not expectations at all.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
phoenix81 said:
Just to add, If I am not mistaken, some of the songs that Yayaying sang in the lakorn were actually Chinese songs but in Thai language. I can't remember the title though. Those are quite popular songs in the olden days! 
Really?! Oh I'd love to hear them.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Well, Tik is in a lakorn with Rita. Does that count as second collaboration? Then, Tik should have told he'd like to collaborate with Mew in the interviews. That seems to be working for our legendary.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
tgamber said:
Well, Tik is in a lakorn with Rita. Does that count as second collaboration? Then, Tik should have told he'd like to collaborate with Mew in the interviews. That seems to be working for our legendary.
Kind of sort of. Haha. Except in his first collab with Rita she wasn't his nang'ek. Hehe. He's worked with Ploy on multiple occasions too, but she was never his nang'ek. Okay actually there is another person he's reunited with, Cherry. He had a film with her and she was his love interest. Hehe. So I guess she counts too except one is a film and the other is a lakorn.

Yeah Tik seems to have alot of say on which scripts he wants. He said he wanted to pair up with Anne once in his career, he got it. He said he wanted a reunion with Rita and he got it. He did say he wants to pair up with Kim, so I have a feeling she's going to be his next nang'ek. Haha. He might even trump an Ananberly reunion too! Haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Sweet_JJ said:
I have a feeling Kim working with Tik or Ken will happen soon, she just needs to finish her lakorn with Boy so she can accept another lakorn lol.

Yup. Haha. These veterans wanting to work with her gives her more leverage. Why can't they want to work with Matt too, so I'll be happier than happy. :ghehe: