[Ch3] Luerd Ruk Toranong (Maker J) : Pope Thanawat / Diana Flipo

cecilia

Staff member
Today episode was so sweet ... I'm going to miss these two.
They have so much chemistry and hoping to see a reunion of them soon .

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
I hope they reunite too. And I hope it's not action lakorn lol. Although there was a whole lot of drama, the romance between Kratin and Ram was quite sweet and mellow. Their disagreements were never full blown arguments. I credit this to the fact that they grew up together and grew to know each other as non-lovers first. I like it. And the jealousy was resolved without much issue, thank heavens. Finally Ram said the words I'd been waiting for in front of Boopae.

I enjoyed Kratin's journey the most - growing into an intelligent loving young woman, building a family with Mae Nim, khun Phra, Ram, Soi, and Seua Kard. She's definitely one of my favorite n'ek.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I totally agree! Kratin was strong throughout the whole lakorn and I loved her combacks to her mother and that other guy. I liked their chemistry too. Pope's too dreamy! Hehehe

ABG

sarNie Egg
I just finished this drama and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Like many people, I originally thought to skip it because I thought Diana was going to play a weak character and I really cannot watch a weak n'ek. Plus, I've never been interested to watch Diana. But after reading some comments here, I decided to watch it.

I definitely most enjoyed watching Ram and Kratin growing up together, with Ram teasing Kratin and then admitting he liked her. I also liked that they saw each other grow up throughout the years as Ram returned home during school breaks, rather than Ram go off to study for years and years and then return to find n'ek all grown up and stunned by her beauty like many lakorn.

I was also surprised by the twist on the day of the wedding. I did not expect that!

There were definitely times when the drama got boring and you wanted to shake Ram to man up!! But he finally did in the end and I enjoyed the flashback in the finale where Kratin is standing in the house. I normally ff those scenes but I enjoyed it. Plus, the music really complimented this drama.

Overall, I would recommend it. I am a big fan of period dramas though, especially when they depict the war. I'm a sucker for romance during the war. Weird.

ABG

sarNie Egg
I rewatched this lakorn coz I miss Pope and Diana. Plus, there isn't anything else to watch.

I think I'm becoming a fan of Pope. Does anyone know anything about him? Most things I read about him make him seem like a player.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Anyone else miss P'Ram and Nong Krating? I do :sad6::sad6::sad6:

These two need a reunion with as good of a storyline as this one

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Diana didn't impress me in Samee Ngern Tra and I hated her character in Tam Ruk Kuen Jai plus her acting was also blah there. She's pretty tolerable in this lakorn though and her lakorn is likeable so I didn't mind her so much here. I'm surprised she and Pope have such a big age gap, I would have thought she was about Mew Nittha's age. I know this happens all the time but Dom playing Pope's father is funny since they're only five years apart but somehow they pulled it off. Ton Jakkrit is the star of this though, he is so good as Suer Gat. I also love the relationship between Kratin and Ram's father. I'm super pleased that they didn't kill him off. This is probably the best work that this director has made for Maker J. There is actually a lot of good scenes between the pra'nang such as the drunk scene and the beach scenes. This trope is so overused with the p'ek and n'ek knowing each other since childhood and/or p'ek from the time p'ek is about to go abroad and over the time he is abroad he falls in love with the n'ek but it worked well here. This lakorn managed to distinguish itself with a mother with unredeemable qualities and doesn't suddenly become a good mother. I like that the n'ek isn't an idiot and she tries to put herself first sometimes like in the scene where she marries the p'ek and manages to shame her mother (my favourite scene btw). Ram is kind of an idiot though and he doesn't handle his situation with Pupae very well at all and his sorry excuses at his honeymoon were ridiculous. Overall a pretty good lakorn.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Wow the you guys gave pretty good reviews. I guess I'll have to watch this one first. But wait. . .any English subs?? Hehe.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I though Ram had grown up, but he still hasn't he can't even take care of his simple problem with Pupae! Thaan Chai Ban was smart and ended things with Pupae, but Ram is just running away! Grr. Makes me upset.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm almost done! Though I have parts I dislike overall I enjoying! Can't wait for the finale!!!

Anyone know the ratings?!?

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Before go into the finale I just want to share my favorite moments between our pra'nang. Going in random order. . . starting from this scene:

"This is how adults dance."

Screenshot_2018-07-22-12-45-32-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-12-45-45-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-12-46-27-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-22-12-47-01-3.png
I love this whole scene! The way Ram looks at Krathin is the most gentle look he gave her before confessing his love. The kind of look that's not "I have a crush on you," but the "I'm ready to start a new chapter with you."

@Rachfull Where you at? Haha.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Before go into the finale I just want to share my favorite moments between our pra'nang. Going in random order. . . starting from this scene:

"This is how adults dance."

View attachment 20024
View attachment 20023
View attachment 20022
View attachment 20021
I love this whole scene! The way Ram looks at Krathin is the most gentle look he gave her before confessing his love. The kind of look that's not "I have a crush on you," but the "I'm ready to start a new chapter with you."

@Rachfull Where you at? Haha.
That last one is a beautiful shot phatman!!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Finished! First off I just want to say although there were a few unnecessary subplots and characters I still enjoyed this lakorn a lot!

On the cast. They all did excellent. . . except our pra'nang who did ok to average.

I will give credit to Diana for she worked hard on those tears, BUT that doesn't mean she gets an A. She definitely could use more lessons on her speech and body language. Her facial expressions are ok and average, but she is soooo stiff. She did Krathin good, but Krathin definitely deserves a better actress to portray her. Pope did a decent job, actually he did great. I just didn't like his character that's why I said he did an ok job. Anyway Pope did his thang and was able to convince me that he really is in his 20's .

I like Krathin. I love her strong will. The writers did a great job developing her character! Ram on the other hand I don't like. Hhhaha.

Overall this lakorn was great. I'm havung withdrawals now too. I totally recommend!!!!

Ps. I still have two complaints. Where is that pocket watch and how come the dad didn't glue the together Krathin's painting of Ram?!