[CH3] Koo Gum - Sunset at Chaophraya (Act Art)

P

PrincessKarina

Actually we’re forgetting Mint C. She acts so well in Kchai Ronapee as a villager and “chao barn”... she’s very beautiful and can pretty much play Asian or Western. Mint has a versatile look tbh. I’m like digging Mint or Mew atm for Hideko.

I think maybe because I have not fully invested in seeing any remakes so I’m more excited and hopeful that this goes into production soon bc I would definitely like to see a more up to date version of Kookum. And I really approve ActArt! They’re more historically classic and true to the story.

But p’ek is a major hunting game?????? While I really wish for Mark, I do concern his sissy acting lol he doesn’t really seem to be able to convey that stern, cold or leadership character naturally. He’s very fragile and soft, so if he fails to convey KOBORI as a military general, thai fans will probably bury him lmaoooo except for his hardcore fan clubs lol (however it’s almost more important on the pra’nang chemistry too, so that’s another factor that could change KOBORI as a Japanese general.)

Whoever they pick really needs additional acting and specific training with military official roles. You can’t just take act like your normal p’ek role. It would fail!
Nice to read another essay sweetie but I disagree on Mint C. Uh she doesn’t look Thai enough. The fact that she’s tall too. Real Thai girls tend to be a bit shorter and maybe a tad darker? She looks like a giant especially if pair with a shorter Kobori. Lol. Mew or Taew are closer choices I would say. If Mark gets chosen yes I agree he needs major classes! :thumbup:

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Nice to read another essay sweetie but I disagree on Mint C. Uh she doesn’t look Thai enough. The fact that she’s tall too. Real Thai girls tend to be a bit shorter and maybe a tad darker? She looks like a giant especially if pair with a shorter Kobori. Lol. Mew or Taew are closer choices I would say. If Mark gets chosen yes I agree he needs major classes! :thumbup:
Lol girl, it’s true that true thai girls are probably darker and smaller built, but — I can’t take those super real Thai looking girls tho.. it would fail. Lol I mean you don’t have to be full Thai, just that innocent and village presence is good. Mew I can see her in it cuz she pulls off prim and proper roles well. Taew— idk anymore... I can’t see her in Hideko plus she plays too much Boran—- give her a break from these Boran/ancient theme! It get so boring and repetitive doing the same genre so many times.!

Thai industry is so weird too, they stick to one trend for so long once that trend becomes popular, there’s like so many freaking Boran lakorns lately... I’m starting to miss those classic period themes or just a good modern classic.

Mint — she’s versatile, if put her in a Thai outfit, she’ll come out looking more prettier than say Yaya or Kim., cuz she has this glow and I can see her more suitable for Hideko than Yaya or Kim (big boned). Mint is tall, but not all natural Thai girls are super short like Mew and Taew either. Them two are just the exception or very very small and petite. If you look at it, Aum, Kob and Noon are all full Thai/Asian, no white blood and they’re just as tall as Kim, Aum is taller even. Most Thai girls these days are really tall, the girls that are competing in theFace Thailand are mostly full Thais and they’re really really tall. I think blame it on a short Thai guy if the girl is taller lol cuz girls these days be wearing 6 inches heels so it just makes them guys short. Lol

But since Hideko is not wearing heels much in here, tall girls will be okay too. Ahahahah.

But I hate to say this, I’ll rule out Taew. She cannot and will not fit Hideko. I would cringe if ActArt cast her lol cuz she’s their favorite kid. If they cast her, then yes, I can see Mario playing KOBORI lol but I’ll probably skip them! Cuz, they don’t really appeal to me!!!

Arg’nnn !! I’m feeling invested without any concrete confirmation lol :p

~~
They always say being an actor is all about challenging themselves and immersing into new roles, well—I’m gonna be real and say it’s an opportunity Mark takes a completely challenging and different role. Yea! Lol!! Hahha lots of training and learning to be more still and controlled. No hyper/dorky/sissy acting from him!! I believe Mark can pull off KOBORI, Techit was a cold, but still very charming role and Mark aced that! Im dreaming of a character like that once again!! Lol :D

byebye

sarNie OldFart
What about Toey she can pass as Kwang's little sister, niece or even daughter (n'ek from Bird's version). Toey is probably the shortest of the girls and compatible with more guys. She is probably not my first choice but she's not my last. She is experienced enough and her look isn't an obvious mixed girl.

If they cast Mario I don't want Taew in here. Mario has better chemistry with other n'eks. I also think someone with a taller frame would make a better general than say, Mario where he just looks like a regular soldier. If Nine was a more polished actor, about 7-8 years from now if they chose to remake this then he would make a lot of sense lookwise. Now, I am assuming he gets better with his acting skills. He actually would matched will a lot of girls based on his height alone.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
I agree Mark would look good in this role if he weren't such a soft actor. Even in KC Mark was far more believable in the moments where he was sweet and caring, rather than being mean to n'ek. Honestly, if they hadn't had that falling out I would have loved to see Mark and Mint reunite in this.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Well if the pra'ek has to look Japanese, the nang'ek has to look thai too. If we just go with talent and not looks then I vote for Nadech and Bella, Matt, or Taew. I think Matt would get bashed if they cast her though since she looks too mix.

xodxo

Well if the pra'ek has to look Japanese, the nang'ek has to look thai too. If we just go with talent and not looks then I vote for Nadech and Bella, Matt, or Taew. I think Matt would get bashed if they cast her though since she looks too mix.
Not gonna lie Nadech does scream most Japanese looking and is a strong actor, but the one big thing he fails to exude is chemistry with other girls. I don’t know why he’s like frozen or just cannot even get intimate with other n’eks... it’s just wasteful sometimes...as a lakorn watcher. It’s very hard for him to generate chemistry.

I agree Mark would look good in this role if he weren't such a soft actor. Even in KC Mark was far more believable in the moments where he was sweet and caring, rather than being mean to n'ek. Honestly, if they hadn't had that falling out I would have loved to see Mark and Mint reunite in this.
Yea— I honestly can see them in here too, boo—it would so romantic!! Lol former MM fans in the world would be thrilled for sure. 555

~~

I wonder what Off is really planning to produce next since he already cancelled Lai Kinaree, he only has Krum Kum to film. They should hurry up with that.:BangHead::worship2::cheer:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I liked his chemistry with Mew.

They cancelled Lai Kinaree? Oh man he better not put Tik and Yaya in here.

xodxo

I liked his chemistry with Mew.
I liked them too lol she’s one of the very few I can see Nadech have chemistry with. The way Nadech looks at Mew, those blushing eyes lol got me giddy lol :p

Idk—I just don’t want to see Na repeating the same role. It’s not going to be as fascinating.o_O

They cancelled Lai Kinaree? Oh man he better not put Tik and Yaya in here.
:risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3: That would be a nightmare! Lol

xodxo

Okay—so I dug up some research. There is actually an earlier version of Kookum with Mam Jantara. It’s a movie, looks like it. (1988)

——

Bird/Kwang’s version is the first lakorn version.

Here is a very nice summary of KooKum! I’m so pumped for no god damn good reason. Just excited that ActArt is going to remake this! Lol :facepalm::risas3:;)
Set in 1939, the early days of World War II in Siam, to Angsumalin meeting one last time with her childhood friend, a young Thai man named Vanus. He is leaving for England for his studies and hopes that Angsumalin will wait for him and marry him when he returns.

Shortly thereafter, Thailand is invaded by Japanese military forces. In Thonburi, opposite Bangkok on the Chaophraya River, the Imperial Japanese Navy establishes itself at a base. The forces there are led by Kobori, an idealistic young navy lieutenant. One day he sees Angsumalin swimming in the river and falls for her. She, being a proudly nationalistic Thai woman, despises him because he is a foreigner.

Nonetheless, Kobori persists at seeing her and a courtship develops. Angsumalin found that Kobori is a real nice gentleman and start falling for him but she kept her feelings in secret because of the war.

Then, for political reasons, Angsumalin's father - who is the Leader of Free Thai resistance, insists that she marry Kobori. Understanding that Angsumalin is not marrying him out of love, Kobori promises not to touch her, but he breaks that vow after the wedding.

Despite this, Angsumalin develops tender feelings for Kobori, but is still torn by her feelings for her nation and feel guilty to Vanus, who returns to set in motion a conflict between the two men.

Cr WIKI :angel10:

xodxo

She was very stubborn too, refusing to tell him she loves him til the end.
How sad and unfair. Arg! Stubborn but love is still better than being unreasonably bloody cold like MM in Raknakara 2017 is completely unacceptable!:BangHead:

How did he die? Just war?? I haven’t come around to seeing it.

xodxo

He died from a bomb and they had a huge misunderstanding too. She was cold to him too.
A bomb from a war? Or just a boobie trap??

I want to see my favorite actor play a deceased character at the end cuz I just wanna cry lol

P

PrincessKarina

Agree! But from your list Taew looks the most Thai than Matt or Bella. And I don’t know about Nadech repeating a role. :p

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Airstrike by the allies (American/Euro side). If you just want to watch it for the storyline, I recommend Num and Benz's version vs Bie/Noona. I mean I dont like either version but the one was better than the other lol.

xodxo

This Aungsamalin character does look cold (in all versions), which kind of turns me off when seeing a bloody cold n’ek lol but I think it also depends on how they act and if they actually can sincerely show the audience that they love p’ek or not, but just not telling p’ek. What pisses me off is when they fail to show audience they love p’ek yet not telling p’ek!! Oooo, that’s when I just want to throw rocks at them in support of p’ek! Lol :risas3::pancarta::p

Last edited:

xodxo

Airstrike by the allies (American/Euro side). If you just want to watch it for the storyline, I recommend Num and Benz's version vs Bie/Noona. I mean I dont like either version but the one was better than the other lol.
Yea I’m not fond of any of those people. :( that’s why I need to see a new/revamp version with better looking people. Lol bird/kwangs version is like soooooooo low quality. :(

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Yea I’m not fond of any of those people. :( that’s why I need to see a new/revamp version with better looking people. Lol bird/kwangs version is like soooooooo low quality. :(
Girl Bird and Kwang's version was like when i was a teenager, so that's over 20++ years ago :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

Aungsumalin was a very proud and stubborn girl, probably comparable to Taew's character in RN. So for her to be forced to marry a foreigner who invaded her country was considered the worst that ever happened to her. If you think MM was cold, Aungsumalin has her beat by a land slide. The only good thing was that she was able to tell him she loves him as he laid there dying.