❤️[CH3] King Kasalong (No problem): Yaya Urassaya/ James Ma

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
That 1 thousand views increase in TrueID alone is like 80% of Nielsen rating box. Why people still believe in Nielsen beats me.
What is the TrueID view? Is it like how many people watch it live or something on the phone? Would you mind explaining for me please?

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
http://instagr.am/p/BzHxeL8lrBT/
The rating keeps dropping. Looks like it is not getting viewers attention.

Is there a sub yet?
The ratings is average for this lakorn. The fact that they reached a 3.6 is good because nowadays it’s hard to even get above a 3.5 in ratings. In order to get higher ratings, you need to have everything: good storyline, good execution, good chemistry between cast, etc. This lakorn unfortunately lacks in some departments to me which explains the ratings.

bit

sarNie Adult
What is the TrueID view? Is it like how many people watch it live or something on the phone? Would you mind explaining for me please?
Iits similar to streaming tv box or tv app that allow you to view from multiple platform. Of course that is not the online online platform to view CH3 live, but it can gauge Thailand streaming behaviour because its geofence where others like FB live can have audience from different country.

Its better than having one family tv box becomes the indicator what a whole village watch.

Funny thing CBS the big channel in US had a huge row with Nielsen early this year. Nielsen finally agree to change their rating methods to reflects current behaviour.

Advertisers like Nielsen since by underrating they can buy ad cheaper.

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Seems like nobdoy is really tuning into this but I'm actually enjoying it.
I'm watching it without sub. So can't really discuss much in case I could misunderstand the situations.

*Spoiler alert* Do not read beyond this point if you don't want to be spoiled.

Case in point is the part where Mor Sap was stabbed in the rain and Kasalong and the kid tried to help him. I was very confused when they tried to hide from the cow carriage passing by, when the doctor was bleeding to dead and needed to get to the hospital ASAP.

To be honest, it was so unbelieveable that as a doctor, he made no attempt to stop the bleeding or tell her how to do that (by applying pressure).

I was so disturbed by that scene, so I went to watch the subbed episode and found out that Kasalong knew the carrage belonged to her Dad, who didn't like the doctor and probably would not try to help anyway. So now it makes sense.

Another thing I still don't know ('cuz I watched without subtittle) is if there's an explanation as to why the Dad prefers Songpeep over Kasalong, even though they are identical twins (are they?). If idential twins, it's so weird that their characteristics are different like day and night. Of course, there are always be exceptions in life, but if they want to sell too many odd ones to people, they'd better have a strong argument to back it up. Not sure if they have one.

Last edited:

xoxoeds

sarNie Egg
it's really hard to reconcile the figures in terms of audience share for this lakorn. ratings are okay but not super high. the views in ch3 youtube are okay too. but the views on mello thailand youtube for each episode is in the millions. every episode is trending to more than a hundred thousand tweets.

was a bit apprehensive about the theme of this lakorn, but have come to appreciate it over time esp yaya's acting. that without a doubt is hands down a very perfect and distinguished portrayal of each of the 4 characters. :worship2::worship2:

xoxoeds

sarNie Egg
Iits similar to streaming tv box or tv app that allow you to view from multiple platform. Of course that is not the online online platform to view CH3 live, but it can gauge Thailand streaming behaviour because its geofence where others like FB live can have audience from different country.

Its better than having one family tv box becomes the indicator what a whole village watch.

Funny thing CBS the big channel in US had a huge row with Nielsen early this year. Nielsen finally agree to change their rating methods to reflects current behaviour.

Advertisers like Nielsen since by underrating they can buy ad cheaper.
yes this was in the news for a while. i think they've come to an agreement on a new measurement deal of sorts. these days 1 platform will not be enough to gauge how one show is performing. a show streaming on online platforms need to be considered too. and i'm actually not sure if nielsen in thailand takes that into regard? generally i think nielsen is focused on tv viewership in other countries? i'm not the expert so i might be talking nonsense here too since i'm not updated.

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
it's really hard to reconcile the figures in terms of audience share for this lakorn. ratings are okay but not super high. the views in ch3 youtube are okay too. but the views on mello thailand youtube for each episode is in the millions. every episode is trending to more than a hundred thousand tweets.

was a bit apprehensive about the theme of this lakorn, but have come to appreciate it over time esp yaya's acting. that without a doubt is hands down a very perfect and distinguished portrayal of each of the 4 characters. :worship2::worship2:
A lot of people are watching KKSL but most are watching it live online or they save it for later that's why the buzz is consistently high each episode. The views for KKSL are above average for mello and youtube. For mello, a good range of views is between 3-6 mil views an episode. For youtube, a good range is at least a mil views in a week an episode is respectable. You'll see a correlation between good buzz and actual ratings when the views on these platforms are within this range. Thai viewers don't have access to youtube views until 2 days after the telecast so any views on youtube before those two days are mostly international fans. While it's available at midnight for mello. The Klink guy only uses the True Id views because some time last year, people used the views from that platform to compare views across channels on pantip so he's used to only using that website but most viewers don't even watch it through true id. It's just an easy platform to use coz it streams all channels but this is somewhat arbitrary. I streamed ep 7 on ch3 live and 70k people were watching it there while on true id it was like 18k or something... but I was also watching 10 fight 10 live too and 270k people were streaming it on youtube live lol so that's where and one of the reasons why KKSL ratings isn't high. While Yaya's getting high praises for her acting the lakorn is getting mixed reviews for the actual quality of the plot and pace of lakorn and other channels have interesting programs too. 10 Fight 10 is getting high buzz and the channel One lakorns are both doing above average for their channel. Baifern's lakorn's ratings goes up each up which is a good sign that the audience like the script/plot... KKSL has stiff competition lol The channelOne lakorns and 10 Fight 10 share similar target demographic to KKSL, BKK viewers... KKSL is good but not that good that's why the ratings are fluctuating coz people are bouncing between other shows or they save it for later coz it's not a must watch live lol whenever you see the ratings fluctuate it's a big indicator that the lakorn or maybe just episodes weren't good and you can prove this just by reading feedback. KKSL may have high numbers in tweets but it doesn't mean it's all good buzz lol it's just chatter... But since KKSL has decent online views live and mello/youtube uploads it's performing fine lol other lakorns don't have the ratings nor the online views or buzz lol

bit

sarNie Adult
To indicate how useless Nielsen family rating method were, in 2014 an executive of a radio station in LA had access to 2 Nielsen family, his radio station leap frog 4 places to top spot in rating.

In US most TV don’t use live audience rating anymore, its either +3 or +7days where they total up all viewers from live streaming and recorded view in first 3 or 7 days after it was shown live.

est.jpn

sarNie Juvenile
Can someone also explain to me what Pop and Yaya's relationship is here? Like which twin does he like?
I am kind of behind and I was starting to get confuse but dang I do want to know why the dad prefers Songpep
over Kasalong?

loveyaya7

sarNie Adult
Can someone also explain to me what Pop and Yaya's relationship is here? Like which twin does he like?
I am kind of behind and I was starting to get confuse but dang I do want to know why the dad prefers Songpep
over Kasalong?
Pop is the one who likes Songpeep, willing to do anything for Songpeep. While Songpeep only likes the Doctor. The dad prefers Songpeep because she always act like good daughter. She follow or do whatever her dad ask her to do even though she don't like it. ie like follow him to meet up with the doctors at the railway station. So, Songpeep always act nice and good daughter to the father so he thinks she is a good daughter. Dad don't like Gasalong because she "kills" his unborn son/daughter. The earlier episode where his mistress having miscarriage because of the food that Gasalong prepared.

Actually, it was songpeep and the maid who put something in the food.

I am guessing all this because I am not Thai.

Am interested to know how Gasalong died and why she did not get to rebirth like Songpeep as Primpy. I am guessing that Gasalong did not die after the rape incident (earlier episode) so I am guessing that Songpeep probably put acid to her face and murder her and maybe some evil things to make sure Gasalong dont' ever get reborn,
:confused12:

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
Yaya overreacts as Songpeep, moving all the muscles in her face to act evil. She still doesn't understand subtle acting as villain roles like Bella as Karakade. Bella as Karakade was a true badass.

Anyway, besides that, I like Yaya as both the human and ghost Kasalong. She's so sweet looking and pitiful as the human but very vengeful and subtle as the ghost. She can definitely act with her eyes as the ghost.

It's not the best lakorn out there but it's different and Yaya is pretty good in here.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Yaya overreacts as Songpeep, moving all the muscles in her face to act evil. She still doesn't understand subtle acting as villain roles like Bella as Karakade. Bella as Karakade was a true badass.

Anyway, besides that, I like Yaya as both the human and ghost Kasalong. She's so sweet looking and pitiful as the human but very vengeful and subtle as the ghost. She can definitely act with her eyes as the ghost.

It's not the best lakorn out there but it's different and Yaya is pretty good in here.
All of those 4hj girls don't know how to play villain. Yaya is overacting here.