[CH3] Kharm See Tan Don (PENPUT TV): Pope Thanawat / Chippy Sirin

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Girl I don't have patients with waiting unless it's my top 5 and since they aren't, I can wait to binge lol.
LOL— I don’t blame you. Haha I nearly skipped out on KF it was that bad, I’m just surprised it’s ratings are good. Hahahahaha if not including BPS, KF would be the highest rating of 2018. Everything else is on the 3/4 and low 5 average.

I’m sorry— I’m really sick of Boran genre so I didn’t even bother to pick up on NDFD after previewing episode 1. Plus— JJ is not looking too alright in there lol ahaha and me just not being too keen on Taew’s Boran look anymore :(

I’m still gonna finish LR just cuz I wanna see how Anne really invested on it, cuz she claimed to be so BROKE after doing that lakorn. Lol :p like not even having food on the table lolz

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I honesty don’t think LR has a dynamic of flow, like it’s just showing people all over, pra’nang bickering... it doesn’t really flow. Hence why fans are blaming on the editing, due to lack of organization and a messy plot. The script is ideal, princess tied between her duty duty and love but so far I’m not really seeing that being portrayed. The crowing moment ....err???everyone just gets so jealous out of nowhere.. and It’s mostly NY fighting in action, running from bad guys..or bickering and then there’s those other side characters who’ll try to make you laugh 55555. I also think the lakorn lacks character development, like it doesn’t really explain why each character is doing what.. I feel everyone is just butched together and expect the audience to know what’s going on???
I think why LR is all over the place cause it has 12 episodes and they don't know what to leave or what to take out that's why editing seemed all over the place. They can only put so much in an episode. Why can't channel 3 give the lakorn a bit of more breathing room when it is one of their biggest budget project. They can expand it to 14 episodes at least. That way some characters are ironed out a bit and more development among the characters. I can see why the lakorn isn't on steady foot because 12 episodes are not a lot to work with. With Ann/Willy vesrions they have the episodes to work with so it seemed more organized and the characters grew with each episodes.

xodxo

I think why LR is all over the place cause it has 12 episodes and they don't know what to leave or what to take out that's why editing seemed all over the place. They can only put so much in an episode. Why can't channel 3 give the lakorn a bit of more breathing room when it is one of their biggest budget project. They can expand it to 14 episodes at least. That way some characters are ironed out a bit and more development among the characters. I can see why the lakorn isn't on steady foot because 12 episodes are not a lot to work with. With Ann/Willy vesrions they have the episodes to work with so it seemed more organized and the characters grew with each episodes.
I think anne has every right to make it longer but I think she prob chose to make it short (maybe to save herself from screwing up the script?) Remember LR was supposed to air as EARLY as January but she kept postponing it til like now and it got NY fans furious.. I just don’t see why this could be so short?? It just doesn’t make sense.. but I think It could be bc they had to film this overseas so it’s harder to get things filming correctly??? THey took almost two years doing shooting and another 6 months or so editing so I just don’t see how they couldn’t collect all the scenes needed to make the lakorn flow or for why they are make it so short now??? It just doesn’t make sense to me.o_O:confused0::rolleyes:

If ask me, I would say maybe Anne got too overwhelmed by BPS’s success that she chicken out and maybe just butchered her so called “masterpiece.” I can tell from Anne’s interview and long complaints, she wanted LR to come out a masterpiece but it’s too far lacking despite the breathtaking location and sceneries. LR is just not hitting the spot for viewers.

And people will disagree with this but despite NY being two majorly attractive people, their onscreen chemistry leaves me yearning for more...:drooling:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Maybe she was stressed out from all the extra editing she had to do. I thought she gave an interview that China sent back the original for some further editing. So maybe this is the acceptable editing that was sold and this is the one they decided to show? Well I guess when rating doesn't go as expecting fingers will start pointing at everything and when it does, its the pranang that made it great,very normal :)

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
MYF was around 12-13 episodes ish. I have the vcd set, anyone remember those old things?, and there are 15 discs but each episode is a bit over an hour whereas the episodes being aired now are almost 2 hours.

Wasn't the original plan to air LR both in China and Thai at the same time? That's why it was pushed back, for the China side of airing.

Anyhow I don't expect this one of Pope's to be breaking any records. What are fans going to do? Visit rehab clinics?

BPS was a lightning strike. It's not going to happen again. Something hooked viewers in Ep1 and it never looked back. The ratings was pretty low for ep.1 but increased exponentially since. Even the increase from Ep.1 to 2 was significant. But aside from ratings, it was a cultural phenom. It drove all sorts of businesses, clothes, language, food etc. No other lakorn should feel pressure from that cause that's a one time thing.

xodxo

Maybe she was stressed out from all the extra editing she had to do. I thought she gave an interview that China sent back the original for some further editing. So maybe this is the acceptable editing that was sold and this is the one they decided to show?
I just remember one of the NY fans who is Thai and provides mostly sources related to NY and the lakorn saying it got very delayed, when it was supposed to air after new year.

Well I guess when rating doesn't go as expecting fingers will start pointing at everything and when it does, its the pranang that made it great,very normal :)
Hahahah is this supposed to humorous??? Lol :risas3:

MYF was around 12-13 episodes ish. I have the vcd set, anyone remember those old things?, and there are 15 discs but each episode is a bit over an hour whereas the episodes being aired now are almost 2 hours.
If that’s the case then why are so many complaining about LR being so short 555

Wasn't the original plan to air LR both in China and Thai at the same time? That's why it was pushed back, for the China side of airing.
After it really got pushed back then that’s what the later news came out to be.

Anyhow I don't expect this one of Pope's to be breaking any records. What are fans going to do? Visit rehab clinics?
Lol— maybe viewers will bring awareness to staying away from drug use Hahahaha

BPS was a lightning strike. It's not going to happen again. Something hooked viewers in Ep1 and it never looked back. The ratings was pretty low for ep.1 but increased exponentially since. Even the increase from Ep.1 to 2 was significant. But aside from ratings, it was a cultural phenom. It drove all sorts of businesses, clothes, language, food etc. No other lakorn should feel pressure from that cause that's a one time thing.
Nakee and BPS are the exception. I also believe if a lakorn is gonna be a hit, it will HIT naturally without all the EXTRA buzzes and overwhelmed promotion lol hahaha too much buzzing can turn into a disaster.

~~

I think my surprised reaction from LR is that Anne really went all out, flying the cast to Europe, recruited some of the best people/actors in the industry that are rare to get their queue and even got high fashion from designers to borrow. And she even said the jelwery company in Thailand loan a real diamond crown to Yaya.. like Anne really went all the extra miles to get everything ... hahahah but now... it’s not really showing results. so People are complaining ???? Haha. She really did went the extra mile for this lakorn haha and she wanted it to be a masterpiece too!!

Anyhow, it’s still too early ahahah cuz there are still 8 eps left so it could get better too who knows?

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Is it not as anticipated?

I'm not surprised that this is airing next because Pope is just too popular right now but I wished they would wait til like December. Pope doesn't have anything line up for next year so he's going to kind of fade as little. I hope he confirm that 3rd lakorn soon and start shooting right away so that we can see him mid of next year.

Nonetheless I am excited!
Right. Being away for too long isn't good.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I was wondering what could be so interesting in this thread that it jumped two pages so fast. Haha. I see now.

Honestly airing this now while Pope is still hot isn't going to help much. Haha. It'll spark interest for those hungry for Pope, but I wouldn't be surprise at all if it doesn't do well.

xodxo

I think naming a country hairy sauce takes a lot away from the "master piece".
Lmao I don’t think “hyrosos” even registered as “hairy sauce” to the Thais tho 555555 someone so western like Yaya did not even question her own country ajajjajajaja or why it’s got such a weird name lol ahhahaha

At least Anne tried even tho it failed shortly lol :risas3:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Also, back in the days, 12-13 episodes they know what scenes need to be in and take out the unnecessary ones. Now, if the lakorn is short as in 12 episodes they have no idea how to work around it. Because side characters became as important giving them extra time. And some add conflicts just to have one when time runs out it magically got solved.

Lakorns back then centered more around the pranangs that even the side characters no matter how important the roles they usually never overshadowed the leads.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Also, back in the days, 12-13 episodes they know what scenes need to be in and take out the unnecessary ones. Now, if the lakorn is short as in 12 episodes they have no idea how to work around it. Because side characters became as important giving them extra time. And some add conflicts just to have one when time runs out it magically got solved.

Lakorns back then centered more around the pranangs that even the side characters no matter how important the roles they usually never overshadowed the leads.
Yup. Today's generation lacks everything except better technology.
Heck even their technology is lacking. They still use those buldgy obvious mic's! Haha.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I just feel there's miss-placed expectations, never assume something will definitely work just because it has in the past. Content will always reign supreme, team that up with a solid cast and you've got something on your hands. To be fair to LR, I think Ann's productions have a mixed bag when it comes to quality + ratings. I think til date Samee Tee Tra (which coincidentally has Pope lol) is the highest rated show for their production house.

Anyways as for this, I'll be happy as long as it airs sometime this year.
I was wondering what could be so interesting in this thread that it jumped two pages so fast. Haha. I see now.

Honestly airing this now while Pope is still hot isn't going to help much. Haha. It'll spark interest for those hungry for Pope, but I wouldn't be surprise at all if it doesn't do well.
I also dont think this will do too well cause the story isnt really appealing to alot of people.

Wasnt chippy's lakorn with great really popular when it aired? I heard it got good ratings

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart

Is LR currently airing in China too? Wonder hiw the buzz is over there.

But yes I'm not even expecting this lakorn to be a 3rd of BPS in terms of rating. I don't even think their reunion in WKK will be a 3rd of BPS. PL might do well but I don't know about beating BPS cus the story won't be fresh and new.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Pope will garnered some ratings since his lakorn just ended and people are still high on him but I don't know if this lakorn will even reach rating of 10. It is a teaching kind of drama and Thai audiences doesn't have much appetite for those lol. I think this lakorn will perform decently but nowhere near BPS...and no lakorn for that matter probably will reach that kind of success for a long while.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
To be frank drop any expectation that this drama will reach the level of popularity that BPS did, it's a completely different ball game. Whether this does well or not ratings-wise, it won't impact Pope's status at the Channel or in the eyes of the people either.

I just want this drama to be good, it has the potential to be an inspiring tale if done right.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Pope will garnered some ratings since his lakorn just ended and people are still high on him but I don't know if this lakorn will even reach rating of 10. It is a teaching kind of drama and Thai audiences doesn't have much appetite for those lol. I think this lakorn will perform decently but nowhere near BPS...and no lakorn for that matter probably will reach that kind of success for a long while.
Theres absolutely no way that this drama will come near BPS success. Maybe it will be in the 4-5 range

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
To be frank drop any expectation that this drama will reach the level of popularity that BPS did, it's a completely different ball game. Whether this does well or not ratings-wise, it won't impact Pope's status at the Channel or in the eyes of the people either.

I just want this drama to be good, it has the potential to be an inspiring tale if done right.
I am just excited to see how he will play the druggie role since he said it was really hard if not his hardest role.