[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
@step, Thank you for all the nice pictures, but can you please leave a credit source. Just so we know where the pictures came from etc. I know some of it is on the pics themselves but it's still necessary to leave credit.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Keep the pics coming! Thank you!

To me, it doesn't sound all that weird when Matt calls James "P" because I'm use to hearing older women call their husbands "P" or "Ai" (for lao ppl). Even if the guy is only a few years younger, in marriage (depending on the couple) some wives will call their husbands, "P" or "Ai" because it shows their respect towards their husband.

I just imagine it's like this in the lakorn so it doesn't sound funny, lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
Lol I forget everytime cos most of them have on it. Thanks for reminding me :)
x0unerthanlater said:
@step, Thank you for all the nice pictures, but can you please leave a credit source. Just so we know where the pictures came from etc. I know some of it is on the pics themselves but it's still necessary to leave credit.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Keep the pics coming! Thank you!

To me, it doesn't sound all that weird when Matt calls James "P" because I'm use to hearing older women call their husbands "P" or "Ai" (for lao ppl). Even if the guy is only a few years younger, in marriage (depending on the couple) some wives will call their husbands, "P" or "Ai" because it shows their respect towards their husband.

I just imagine it's like this in the lakorn so it doesn't sound funny, lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
I hope it will come this friday. Cant wait for ep 3

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Good ratings for episodes 1 & 2.    

SKSR got 3.0 for 1st episode and went on to get 11.9 for ending episode on Friday, so KB has a good chance too.

For those interested in other CH3 lakorns:

Krating:   5.5 - ep 3,     5.6 - ep 4

Kol Kimono:     5.8 - ep 12  ending

Neung Nai Seung:     7.3 - ep 1

Sweet_JJ said:
Rating of Episode 1 and 2:

Episode 1: 4.3
Episode 2: 4.6

Mellow

⭐Live Love Laugh⭐
Hello 
 I've always been a silent reader here. Now totally addicted to Ka Badin. Been watching the 2 episodes back to back (luckily I've few days off). I know it's too late for the write-up but couldn't control myself. I don't know Thai, this is my first lakorn watching raw and it was a delight to watch it even without sub.

Thank you so much everyone for updating this thread 
 All your efforts are appreciated   :flowers:   :flowers:   :flowers: 

Episode 1

In the over excitement, I spilled my snacks and liquid all over. By the time I cleaned the mess, made sure the gadget was fine, James was already flying the kite. Just seeing him on screen for the first time in 2 years teared me up.

"Haym, chan cheu Haym". With this dialogue, Haym announces to his opponents (and James to the world) that he is here to stay.

He appears out of nowhere in the water just to get the glimpse of Bua..  Aww how I wish it happened with Lamduan

It's hard to make yourself look good when you're better already! This goes to both his accent and his fighting skills. He has to act like he is learning everything from ground zero. But he nailed it!

Dear me, Khun Phor Phan, his dad, is strict, disciplined and inflexible. You can add the word "over" as the prefix to those adjectives. he's difficult to please 

Haym catches the falling LamDuan. And this got to be one of the best catches in the lakorn history 

[This also reminded me of Stefan catching the drunk Elena in TVD]
Wait, this is JMa's 2nd lakorn. And in both the lakorns, he catches his N'eks while falling in their first scene together. Is that a co-incidence??   :scratchhead2: 

That fight with Sai Ming was funny.

The makers wanted the viewers to notice how naive and chicken was Haym before he became a complete-package in future. His face when he accidently hit Sai ming was too adorable. His giggles were the best part of that scuffle  :crush: 

I'm glad the tea pot uncle (monk who teaches sword fight, he's always seen with the tea cup) agreed to teach him. Haym being obedient, hard-working and ambitious is not neglecting his studies either. We can see the hint of James Ma in Haym in here.

Goodness me! Our P'ek has fallen head over heels with Bua, to the point he 
 with lotus next to him, to feel her presence just because Bua means Lotus 

Episode 2

For a moment I thought it was Haym and Bua's wedding already.

It's 2nd time Lamduan witnesses her Khun P'Haym fight off the bad guys. Aww she's in awe with his skills.

Poor James, he needs to spend nost of his energy and use all his facial muscles to look angry because his baby face won't,  just won't allow him to look angry/raeng. We could feel the pain through his expressions when Haym was 

After their face-off at the kite competition, I thought Sai ming would be competing against Haym but when showing off their skills, Haym wins over SM, bows down to him to pay his respect, SM was generous enough to accept the result. Ah, I'm at ease watching this scene. One less enemy for our P'ek  

The English family looks suspicious. Smuggling opium to use it as analgesic?   :scratchhead2: Why not take her to a doctor??

Now our N'ek finally grows up into a beautiful woman haha. Since day 1 we've been watching Bua practicing the dance, but Lamduan ends up giving the shows!!

The 3rd scuffle, this time on the shore.  It's funny how whenever Haym fights off the bad guys, Lamduan will always be there to witness it   :wink:  But poor girl, nobody believes her about her Khun P'Haym's secret talent 

Peter (the officer who misbehaved with Lamduan) should get more scenes. He is a permanent fixature for a farang in lakorns now, plus he can act. Hope to see him more here.

Our P'ek happy seeing his N'ek's show..

They fall, stumble, slip and pitch others for real in here. All these mini fights are starters to warm us up I guess.

I am eager to watch this scene soon because like everyone else, even I see the resemblance of KCR scene in here.

The only difference is, Haym is 
 while Chai Pee was just   :annoyed: 

OST:

I can't choose between first and third OST. The first one, Mod Duang Jai,  is beautiful and can be used as both pathos and romantic song. The third one i.e., Ka Bodin, it gives the victory-over-evil vibe. Love the beats, rhythm and the mix. For me it's a motivational song.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Period dramas are always intriguing. The more I see, the more I fall in   :heart: with them.
The art of fight used in this drama is a form of martial art, krabi-krabong. It was highly practiced by the Royal corps.
Elephants play an integral part at the time of this lakorn is about. Even the Royals used to mount on elephants during war till 15th century.
Monks were teachers and temples were schools before. Students were taught about Buddhism, language, sword-fighting and astrology (We saw Haym meditating).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who knows JMa has been encouraging/supporting this lakorn. Right from P'Anne, P'Nadech, Mae Keaw (Nadech's mom), Khun Sorrayuth (popular TV host), P'Jack (Chai Pee's friend in KCR who had crush on Khwan) etc., Trending No. 1 on twitter, pantip for both episodes is no fluke. I believe the whole Thailand was waiting for this. Yayy! :)

I'm in awe with James.  Learning Daab Song Mue is no child's play. It takes a lot to be an adept and JMa has done it effortlessly.
All I can say is JMa Can Not Be Ignored!!
It's only been 2 episodes and it is flawless. I never expected to see this chemistry between James and Matt. All the hard work has been paid off.
Hope the rating shoots up for the coming episodes. 4.32 and 4.62 rating is pretty good. I'm a happy soul now hehe 

I can not speak, read, write or understand Thai but seeing these letters, ข้าบดินทร์, I can say it is Ka Bodin  :bhehe:  I'm obsessed with KB. I know obsession is a disease. Can't help it   :wink: 

for reading. And I apologise for the long post. Good night/morning everyone.

Credits: Mine and JMa club IG

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Yayyyy more sleep for me!!!! I miss them so much. I wonder if we'll be seeing Bood and Sai Ming have their own relationships. :( I can only hope.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Mons is a tribe from Burmese living mostly in the mountains. 

KB took place in the Rattanakosin era or right before Taweepop lol which is way after BR. Ayuthaya fell to the Burmese during BR then after that PraJao Taksin was able to take thailand of today but he also took back parts of laos and malaysia (which later was lost during the indochina war to preserve thailand-taweepop). It was also during this time that they changed from Siam to Thais officially but the siams have always called themselves thais.
Mon is not a tribe but a nationality. Most thinks Burmese is country but is actually another nationality. The country is called Myanmar. I've some Mon blood so I know a little. And Mon is not in mountainous area is near river and sea and considered most friendly nationality with Thais hence similar eating habits like fish paste and sauce. When Ayuttaya fell, Thai was called Yodaya by Burmese as a way to regard them lower race. I don't know why though. Mon's language is quite similar to Thai in pronunciation and they are religious folks. And Thai is not a popular language for Burmese but Mon.

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
I hope this is not a double post of sharing. This thread is moving soo fast it's hard to keep up

cr: @matt_jma from Seesun 

short clip [click on picture to play] (Matt is too cute. We all know that she worked hard on the dancing scenes. Can't wait to see more of it!!)

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
tgamber said:
Mon is not a tribe but a nationality. Most thinks Burmese is country but is actually another nationality. The country is called Myanmar. I've some Mon blood so I know a little. And Mon is not in mountainous area is near river and sea and considered most friendly nationality with Thais hence similar eating habits like fish paste and sauce. When Ayuttaya fell, Thai was called Yodaya by Burmese as a way to regard them lower race. I don't know why though. Mon's language is quite similar to Thai in pronunciation and they are religious folks. And Thai is not a popular language for Burmese but Mon.
my apology, that was what I was told by my elders. Thanks for the correction

tgamber

sarNie Adult
Oh and I now know why thais are called Yodaya? The pronunciation is similar to Ayuttaya so they will remember their loss. Such a deep hatred towards thai.