[Ch3] Cubic (UMA99)

Sweet_09

❤All that you are is all that I'll ever need❤
Wow, guest i'm the only who okay with Bimb acting skill lol! Yes, he needs lots of this and that (facial wise) but he okay to me :p. Not the best or decent actor but okay. Mint on the other hand is lovely and good with her role. I enjoy her a lot. Ask for Bomb and Mint chemistry, it there but really weak, like not enough spark to it. Overall the lakorn is bearable to watch :) :) .

Once again Danny (Frist) is so cute! And i got to say, Tah's hair cut make him look gay korean-ish :loool:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Omg, Tah's hairstyle always makes me cringe! hahah reminds of some doll fringes or something.

And I notice the drinking/sipping scenes too! They add that a lot. Even then Bomb still can't make it look natural. I feel so bad for him because everyone has expectations for this Lakorn since it's based off of a popular novel. Bomb should watch some of Bay Arak's shows and see how Bay deals with his lisp. If anything I think Bay has a worse lisp, but he seems to pull of his dialogue just fine. I see some improvement in Ep. 5 though. I think Bomb really is trying.

fun

Expired Sarnie
jewels said:
I'm enjoying the overall theme of the lakorn - just not Bomb's acting.  The kid who played his younger self (nong Yord) did a better job!

He's trying to compensate for his lisp, which is why his dialogue sounds stiff like he's just reciting the script.  Seems the director doesn't know what to do with him either.  I don't know if the original internet novel had these scenes written in, but there are a lot where Bomb's just sipping coffee/tea from his little cup.  So annoyed, can't they have him do anything else?!

He would be in a scene talking to Mint or Nott and sipping from the cup in between his dialogue, doesn't look very bad ass or mafia-esque to me.
They could at least make him drink alcohol, whiskey or even wine to make him appear at least a bit more badass. 

But watching a few Hong Kong dramas a few months ago, Bomb isn't that bad (in terms of looks). At least he isn't whacky in character!!! Haha that would have been a bad combination.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
Sweet_09 said:
Wow, guest i'm the only who okay with Bimb acting skill lol! Yes, he needs lots of this and that (facial wise) but he okay to me :p. Not the best or decent actor but okay. Mint on the other hand is lovely and good with her role. I enjoy her a lot. Ask for Bomb and Mint chemistry, it there but really weak, like not enough spark to it. Overall the lakorn is bearable to watch :) :) .

Once again Danny (Frist) is so cute! And i got to say, Tah's hair cut make him look gay korean-ish :loool:
Sweet_09, you are not the only who's okay with Bomb's acting skill, I actually fine with his acting too. However, I do agree that he needs lot of improvement, but I want to give him time for the improvement.  Some actors who has been in the industry a long time still as bad as he is. I think it is all depend on preference of who we want to watch and not want to watch. Some actors we forgive their bad acting, some we just can't. That is just human nature.  Also, I watch this lakorn without expectation of what so ever, thus I didn't notice the pitfalls compare to other who started out with expecation of how they want/image how it wil to be. If the actor/actress or lakorn didn't go the way it has expected that is when the negative parts come and can't proceed any further.

I do see some sparks between the pra'nang, but they don't have enough screen time to develop these spark further. It more of here and there so we can't see that continous spark to be notice. Unless one is really pay attention. For other lakron, the chemistry is obvious because of the continous screen time the pra'nang have.

Last, I just enjoy this lakorn and looking forward to more esp.

moon_luv

sarNie Egg
HuabNag said:
Sweet_09, you are not the only who's okay with Bomb's acting skill, I actually fine with his acting too. However, I do agree that he needs lot of improvement, but I want to give him time for the improvement.  Some actors who has been in the industry a long time still as bad as he is. I think it is all depend on preference of who we want to watch and not want to watch. Some actors we forgive their bad acting, some we just can't. That is just human nature.  Also, I watch this lakorn without expectation of what so ever, thus I didn't notice the pitfalls compare to other who started out with expecation of how they want/image how it wil to be. If the actor/actress or lakorn didn't go the way it has expected that is when the negative parts come and can't proceed any further.

I do see some sparks between the pra'nang, but they don't have enough screen time to develop these spark further. It more of here and there so we can't see that continous spark to be notice. Unless one is really pay attention. For other lakron, the chemistry is obvious because of the continous screen time the pra'nang have.

Last, I just enjoy this lakorn and looking forward to more esp.
Count me in, I don't hate bomb's acting, he is bearable. I never disliked him to begin with, I thought his acting was fine. Also I agree, I don't think that they aren't compatible, its just that they haven't interacted a lot yet. I can't wait to see more screen time of them two. I do see sparks, its there but they need more interactions in the drama.

picadrama

sarNie Egg
Bomb's acting is not the best or the worst. He has a lot of room for improvement. They could have given this drama to someone else but everyone deserves a chance. This is only his second or third drama. Plus we have to keep in mind that Bomb plays the role of a NEW mafia boss. The character of Khun Lin is young and inexperienced. He needs to prove that he deserves to be the godfather. Maybe that's why we always see Khun Lin not too sure of his decisions... 

http://picadrama.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/cubic-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%81-episode-1/

spanky

sarNie OldFart
glad some ppl are enjoying it...he is not BEARABLE to watch to me at all and I'm VERY forgiving w/newbies acting....everytime i see him drinking coffee I laugh...the pinky going up high...haha...

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
Agreed with you, Spanky, about the coffee thingy. It is annoyed. The director/script writer should have him do something else other than drink coffee.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
picadrama said:
Bomb's acting is not the best or the worst. He has a lot of room for improvement. They could have given this drama to someone else but everyone deserves a chance. This is only his second or third drama. Plus we have to keep in mind that Bomb plays the role of a NEW mafia boss. The character of Khun Lin is young and inexperienced. He needs to prove that he deserves to be the godfather. Maybe that's why we always see Khun Lin not too sure of his decisions... 

http://picadrama.wordpress.com/2014/03/19/cubic-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%81-episode-1/
Yes, Khun Lin has a long road ahead of him.

etharies

sarNie Egg
LLS is suppose to be an inexperience mafia that is why he is always looking at Jonshin to help him make decisions. Yu can tell from how he is acting that he doesn't really know what to do. If he was really a full blown mafia then his acting would be horrible for that. He isn't that bad and he seems to be improving as episodes go on. His acting his awkward because he doesn't really know his role as the new mafia king. Do you think if he was really a mafia people would talk to him any how they wanted without fear. I think Bomb is doing the role pretty well for a new mafia who is inexperience in that world 

711Purplicious

sarNie Egg
etharies said:
LLS is suppose to be an inexperience mafia that is why he is always looking at Jonshin to help him make decisions. Yu can tell from how he is acting that he doesn't really know what to do. If he was really a full blown mafia then his acting would be horrible for that. He isn't that bad and he seems to be improving as episodes go on. His acting his awkward because he doesn't really know his role as the new mafia king. Do you think if he was really a mafia people would talk to him any how they wanted without fear. I think Bomb is doing the role pretty well for a new mafia who is inexperience in that world 
I haven't thought of this from that angle!! But it makes sense and today's epi is good!!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Etharies: I don't think the problem is with Bomb supposedly being an inexperience mafia, the major problem with Bomb is he just can't act with the role that is given to him. Regardless, of him being experience or inexperience does not excuse the fact he is lifeless, blank and extremely bland. His first lakorn is better than this one. I honestly, think the role is too big for him to take on. He has to have an expression of some sort when he communicate with people but he rarely does. There are times, he comes across just reading his line or trying to remember his lines and totally forgot the emotions that comes with it.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
this lakorn is surprising entertaining.... honestly not the best like what you've all said but then i find it interesting between the 2 characters. i love how cute and silly she is and omg, i didnt realize how handsome he is... nobody is born as a actor/actress, there's room for him to grow and i have a feeling that he'll improve..... if not 5 years from now, maybe 10yrs lol.....

~ Side Note : as a good example: Janie started out very stiff and emotionless in her first lakorn in Sai Roong (with Ann T. & Johnny A.) but then look at where girlfriend is at now.... it's going to take alot of time and practice. 

*please don't bash me about Janie you JanieFC, i love her too ok*

spanky

sarNie OldFart
janie was not the LEAD yet, she was supporting in that lakorn...i know there room for improvement but i'm very forgiving w/newbies and I can't stand it...i rarely complain about newbies...even ppl who complain about actors doing it for awhile, i don;t even do that...Mart...ect...other don't like his acting..i'm usually whatever.....so he is pretty bad if I can't even watch him...he's not ready for this type of character...he got away w/Chai Lek

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I stopped watching this due to how badly Bomb is portraying his character. I know that he'll improve eventually, but for this lakorn specificially, he's very emotionless. As said earlier, I can stand bad acting. I love Smart regardless of how badly he acts. At least he squints with emotion here and there. But Bomb is a walking robot. It's not acting if he's just reciting his lines. At least raise his voice a bit to make himself sound angry or fearful. I think he did a better job in the Khun Chai series. He didn't bother me in there. I actually thought he was goofy and narak.  

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
I'm enjoying Bank and Nychaa's roles more. HAHA. They so cute if you ignored all of the per-vey ness. Are they really the 2nd lead...? LOL, I heard they are but I don't really know if it'll happen unless Nychaa would be able to change Bank to a good guy. .__. I hope to see their character develop! So cute so cute!  

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
I stopped watching this due to how badly Bomb is portraying his character. I know that he'll improve eventually, but for this lakorn specificially, he's very emotionless. As said earlier, I can stand bad acting. I love Smart regardless of how badly he acts. At least he squints with emotion here and there. But Bomb is a walking robot. It's not acting if he's just reciting his lines. At least raise his voice a bit to make himself sound angry or fearful. I think he did a better job in the Khun Chai series. He didn't bother me in there. I actually thought he was goofy and narak.  
Lol yea me too I thought he was better in KCR. I ignore his acting in cubic and it was better. I would imagine that mint was pairing up with mark in here.

Lol about his voice when he is angry I agree with you. He's like a human with part of a robot but if you don't count his acting than he will be an b-list actor