[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Amata

sarNie Hatchling
@Fikachu @phatman @DaoRisa @.........

EP 4 - 46 : 34 - meeting Chi Pa Kao

In the scene, when Ajarn Chi Pa Kao asked if Kade used to meditate. That made Kade thought of her grandma and mom teaching her to do it. She couldn’t sit still so her mom encouraged her to concentrate and teach her to use this word “Poot Tow” to help. But when she said she was teasing her mom by saying Poot – Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek. Her mom hit her then.

Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek are Thai Tones.

The Thai language has five tones,
Saman......Ek..........Tow......Tree.......Jattawa.
กา .......... ก่า...........ก้า..........ก๊า............ก๋า
We call them also Saman – Mai Ek – Mai Tow – Mai Tree – Mai Jattawa.

EP 5 - 25 : 10 - Poem Scene

This scene we have talked about it on the Page 1020 - post 20399, So I won’t talk about it again here. The page 1020 is here.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/t...hai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-1020

EP 5 – 36: 15 - “I like that Klon” scene

We have talked about it on the page 963 Post 19243.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/t...thai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-963

EP 5 - 42 : 26 - Whisper near her ear scene

This scene Date said “Fun Dee” (Good dream), not “Fun Wan” (Sweet dream).

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
Pope!Why are you taking from that angle?Naughty samee on the loose you guys...he's wearing white pants some more:naughty2:
https://twitter.com/onusa1980/status/1054007275440889857?s=20

So jealous!He smelled them before giving the bouquet to her:sad6:
https://twitter.com/Rosepannapat/status/1054010139668140033?s=20

When it's so chaotic that even getting a pic of the back of his head makes you grateful...:angel10:
https://twitter.com/Nichakarnlertam/status/1054000059568648192?s=19
OMG.... the 1st link....such tone butts.... I am really salivating..... slurp, slurp....

lamchieu

sarNie Adult
@Fikachu @phatman @DaoRisa @.........

EP 4 - 46 : 34 - meeting Chi Pa Kao

In the scene, when Ajarn Chi Pa Kao asked if Kade used to meditate. That made Kade thought of her grandma and mom teaching her to do it. She couldn’t sit still so her mom encouraged her to concentrate and teach her to use this word “Poot Tow” to help. But when she said she was teasing her mom by saying Poot – Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek. Her mom hit her then.

Tow – Tree – Jattawa – Mai Ek are Thai Tones.

The Thai language has five tones,
Saman......Ek..........Tow......Tree.......Jattawa.
กา .......... ก่า...........ก้า..........ก๊า............ก๋า
We call them also Saman – Mai Ek – Mai Tow – Mai Tree – Mai Jattawa.

EP 5 - 25 : 10 - Poem Scene

This scene we have talked about it on the Page 1020 - post 20399, So I won’t talk about it again here. The page 1020 is here.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/t...hai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-1020

EP 5 – 36: 15 - “I like that Klon” scene

We have talked about it on the page 963 Post 19243.
https://www.asianfuse.net/discuzz/t...thai-pope-thanawat-bella-ranee.54464/page-963

EP 5 - 42 : 26 - Whisper near her ear scene

This scene Date said “Fun Dee” (Good dream), not “Fun Wan” (Sweet dream).
Thank you so much @Amata. I've learnt a lot from you through these lessons. Keep going :thumbup::thumbup:
I'm still struggling with the writing. Sometimes I was like why don't they simply use the low class consonant but put ห in front of the low class to turn it into high class and then use Mai Ek to get a low tone? Why try to cause trouble for us learners lol. And why do they must have many N, T, P, K consonants, how come we know when to put which lol. Ok, i'm just ranting here :facepalm::facepalm:

Amata

sarNie Hatchling
Thank you so much @Amata. I've learnt a lot from you through these lessons. Keep going :thumbup::thumbup:
I'm still struggling with the writing. Sometimes I was like why don't they simply use the low class consonant but put ห in front of the low class to turn it into high class and then use Mai Ek to get a low tone? Why try to cause trouble for us learners lol. And why do they must have many N, T, P, K consonants, how come we know when to put which lol. Ok, i'm just ranting here :facepalm::facepalm:
@lamchieu You're welcome. In the Thai language, many consonants, vowels and tones help us to create new words so we have more words to call or explain things. I hope it isn't too hard for you. Many students in South East Asia are learning Thai. I used to see on Youtube.

Last edited:

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
@Chario mintmario @Rosi @Amata

[SIZE=4]I have read the poems that you share many times compared with the Thai version. I think the person who translated and wrote these poems are very good at the Thai language, Thai poetry and the English Language. But there are some lines that I’m not certain, so I ‘ll talk about them only from my angle. For this Jaanwaad’s poem the content covers the Thai version.

[B]Janward's poem:[/B]
The lowly moon is out-shined by the sunlight
Makes her light not bright like before
Plus the clouds obstruct her way like the wall
I, then, know my place. It's as low as the floor (ground)

[B]Hidden Meaning : [/B] Jaanwaad was in the mood of being offended.

Seeing what happened to the Moon, Jaanwaad thought of herself. Even it was so high in the sky, the moon was not able to shine fully because of the sunlight and the clouds. Then herself just was on the ground, she should not hope or dream of anything that maybe impossible or too far for her to grab it like, to win Date’s heart or to be his spouse. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][B]Date's poem:[/B]
Though the moon is blocked and out-shined
Flocks of birds still chirp, praise her high
So the moon does care the clouds. why?
The little star shall fly to fight along with the moon

As I told you, I think the last line of Date’s poem that you posted here is different from mine. It maybe because of my poor English, skill on Thai poetry and my imagination. I haven’t understand it all yet. So I don’t mind if there is anyone see different.

[B]Interpretation[/B]

The Sun is going down and the Moon is obscured by the clouds.
Birds still accept the influence of the Moon. When it comes, they chirp flying back to their nests.
So why does the Moon have to care for the clouds.
Even the star does not dare to compete with the moon.

[B]Hidden Meaning :[/B] Date wanted to comfort Jaanwaad. (Her name’s meaning is about the Moon as well.
Jaan = The Moon, Waad = Draw

From her Klon, after seeing what happened to the Moon, Jaanwaad compared herself that she was as low as the ground. But in Date’s Klong, he compared her as the Moon. Although it was obscured by the clouds, it still had influence lives on the Earth. The moonlight didn’t grow bright to the sky because of the sunlight but its light was brighter than stars. So they were the stars had to be humble, didn’t dare to go along the moon. (Stars here, Date might mean himself or any other men.)
All in all Date would like to tell Jaanwaad that she wasn’t so low as the ground [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]and she might not meet the right man yet)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]The red sentence I may interpret further than the content.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][B] Kade’s poem (Klon)[/B]

For Kade’s Klon I have translated and talked about it already. I hope you don’t mind if I am talking about only the hidden meaning.
For the contexts of this scene between the book and the lakorn are different, so I’m starting with the context in the book first.

[B]Hidden meaning in the book[/B]

In the book it is clear that the Moon in Kade’s klon, Kade meant Jaanwaad. After Jaaward read her Klon in the mood of being offended. Date comforted Jaanward but Kade saw that just Date’s Klong was not enough so she turned to Jaanwaad and cited this Klong. That made their relationship better. When Jaanwaad was leaving for her home. They walked to the pier together.

[B]Hidden meaning in the lakorn[/B]

The context in the Lakorn is more complicated than the book. In the lakorn Kade was forced to do it. In order to understand Kade’s situation, I need to repeat some conversation in the scene to see that who forced her.

[B]After Janward and Por Date wrote and read their Khlongs. [/B]

[B]Kadesurang[/B] - Jeeab Kan Yan Klong Klon. ( It means “to flirt with each other even from Klong Klon /poetry)

[B]Kosa Pan [/B] - Mae Karakade, aren’t you joining in?
[B]Por Date [/B] - She never does it. No one knows if she can write poetry or not.
But it seems like she can’t.
[B]Muen Rueang[/B] - Won’t you compete? Mae Karakade
[B]Kade [/B] - Compete what, Muen Rueang?
[B]Muen Rueang[/B] - This (look at a slate in front of him). You can write Khlong or Klon. (up to you)
[B]Kade [/B] - If it is Klon Pratoo I would be able to do it. (Kade was joking)
- Pratoo = Door. Klon that she said she meant bolt for locking the door. This word is the same spelling and pronunciation as Klon (Poetry)

[B]Muen Rueang [/B] - Laugh
………………………

[B]Ko sa Lek [/B] Being insulted like this, won’t you try?

[B]Khun Lung[/B] Called a servant to take a slate with pencil stone for Kade. That pushed her in pressure to do something.

[B]Actually Kade had tried to tell them that she could not write any poem but people in Ayuttaya Era didn' t know. If you were a Thai living in Thailand now. When you ask anyone to write poetry and they say “If it is Klon Pratoo I would be able to do it” That means they cannot write it so you don’t have to ask them again. This sentence is not just a joke. [/B]

[B]To be continued[/B]

Kade was forced to do it. No one knew if she thought about the Klon and who was her moon walking on the ground. But while she was reading, she often looked at Date not Jaanwaad. So let me guess. After Kade listened to both Jaanwaad and Date’s Klongs. She would like to tell both of them that why you had to care for the Moon on the sky. It was far way, too high to grab. Why don’t you find the moon walking on the ground, it was more beautiful. Though it was hard to find, it was on earth. If you tried you would find one.

So let the listeners think by themselves who was their moon walking on the ground. In this scene there would be one, his moon walking on the ground sitting in front of him.

I do hope this would make true fans of BPS enjoy this scene more.

Sorry I made some mistakes but I have corrected them.[/SIZE]

Great job! @Amata. I went back to read it. Thanks for your wonderful job helping this thread a happy reading place.

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
I'm totally gonna get it all. *ahem* Starting from the upper left and going accross.

Dok Som See Thong, Kharm See Tarn Don, BUPPESANNIWAS, Por Yoong Loong Mai Warng, Tawan Duerd, ROY LEH MARNYA, Luerd Ruk Toranong, Game Rai Game Ruk, Sapai Jao, Buang , Suphaburoot Jutathep: Khun Chai Pawonruj, Samee Teetra and finally Ruk Ok Rit!
Oh...I might have missed it. Since I've watched Game Rai Game Ruk (not watched the whole drama, just here and there), have never known that Pope was there too. what was his role in it?