[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Amata

sarNie Hatchling
@Fikachu @phatman @DaoRisa @MKfan132 @.......

I know about the English Subtitle from SJDK Fansub but it was closed already. I don’t know whether they have improved the English subtitle or not. The English subtitle I’m using here I bring from that version. It might be not up to date.

EP 2 – 43 : 04 - Making merit scene - Some parts of subtitle were not clear, some were omitted and the scene needs more details.

Maee Jumpa offered food to a monk.

Maee Jumpa……………......Ni - Mon Jao Ka (Ni – Mon is the word used for inviting Monks.)
Maee Jumpa…………….….Today there is a Plaa Doog. Taan (the monk) like Paad phed so I order (the cook) to put more Grachaai.

……………………………..Plaa Doog……..= catfish
……………………………..Paad …………….= fry,
……………………………..Phet ……………..= hot, spicy
…………………………….Grachaai………...= finger root (a kind of herbs)
…………The name of the food is Paad phed Plaa Doog or Plaa Doog Paad phed

Monk…………………….....Monks cannot choose food, Yome (Yome = is the word that monks call women)
Maee Jumpa and others…. do not say anything as they know that and Maee Jumpa might accidentally speak out.

(There would be someone wondering how Maee Jumpa knew this monk liked Paad Phed. The monk certainly didn’t tell her as he said monk could not choose food. It may be because in the past a community was not large. Most people knew each other. Monks generally were the people in the community. Some knew each other since they were young or might meet each other in a Wat as a center of the community. Maee Jumpa might know by this way or she might observe when she went to offer food to them in the wat (temple) or maybe someone told her.)

After offering food to the monk, Maee Jumpa gave alms (Here was giving food to fishes in the canal).

Afterwards She poured water to dedicate the merit to anyone she would like to. Before pouring she held Kade’s hand to put on her knee. Although she didn’t like Kade but after Kade helped her prepare lotus flowers and asked to make merit with her. She might think that was a good thing that Kade did so her mind was generous enough to accept Kade to take part in the dedication also. There is a belief that when people make merit together, they would meet each other again next birth. Because they do good things together then they would meet to love, to help each other.

For Maee Jampa and Kade they did not have to wait until next birth.

EP 2 – 44 : 34

Kade………………….….....Khun Pa Jao Ka (Pa = Aunt) Do we usually offer food to only 5 monks?
Maee Jumpa……………..Today is not a Buddhist Day so we do it only 5. If it is a Buddhist day we will go to do it in the temple (more monks) and listen to the sermon too.
Maee Jumpa……………..Nang Chaem………………….
Kade…………………...…...Could I go with you, please? I would like to give the offering dedicated to the monks.
Maee Jumpa………….....If you would like to go, you can. …………………
Kade…………………….....And aren’t we going today?
Maae Jumpa…….……....There are still many days before the Buddhist day.
Kade……………………. ....Could I go to the market then?
Maee Jumpa………….....If you want you can…. but manners like this, it’s called “trying to act as equal as adults. Only people who their parents never teach will do it. It is disgusting.
*** The offering dedicated to the monks consists of toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, razor, medicine, water, flashlight, washing powder… and so on

EP 2 – 1:36 :35

Date……………………….You did that so why did you tell lie that you didn’t ?
Kade……………………….I was afraid of being scolded.
Date……………………….When you did, you weren’t afraid.
Kade………………………Ha Mai Gua Ka (Ha Gua Mai is Boran Word = not afraid, Kade tried to use Boran word but she made it wrong. She said Ha Mai Gua)
Date……………………….Ha Gua Mai (Date corrected this word for her)
Kade………………………Ka, Ha Gua Mai Ka

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
@Amata Once again,thank you for the explanations:):icon12:
All this while I thought she was referring to Por Date when she said Thun/Taan.I didn't know it was the monk. The monk answered something along the lines of 'do not neglect' and I thought he was advising Aunt to involve Karakade when making merit.
So do offering to monks always include daily necessities?
I always look forward to your explanations because they help to correct my misunderstandings about scenes and I can appreciate them better:thumbup:

CPY

GotomySin
@Fikachu @phatman @DaoRisa @MKfan132 @.......

I know about the English Subtitle from SJDK Fansub but it was closed already. I don’t know whether they have improved the English subtitle or not. The English subtitle I’m using here I bring from that version. It might be not up to date.

EP 2 – 43 : 04 - Making merit scene - Some parts of subtitle were not clear, some were omitted and the scene needs more details.

Maee Jumpa offered food to a monk.

Maee Jumpa……………......Ni - Mon Jao Ka (Ni – Mon is the word used for inviting Monks.)
Maee Jumpa…………….….Today there is a Plaa Doog. Taan (the monk) like Paad phed so I order (the cook) to put more Grachaai.

……………………………..Plaa Doog……..= catfish
……………………………..Paad …………….= fry,
……………………………..Phet ……………..= hot, spicy
…………………………….Grachaai………...= finger root (a kind of herbs)
…………The name of the food is Paad phed Plaa Doog or Plaa Doog Paad phed

Monk…………………….....Monks cannot choose food.
Maee Jumpa and others…. do not say anything as they know that and Maee Jumpa might accidentally speak out.

(There would be someone wondering how Maee Jumpa knew this monk liked Paad Phed. The monk certainly didn’t tell her as he said monk could not choose food. It may be because in the past a community was not large. Most people knew each other. Monks generally were the people in the community. Some knew each other since they were young or might meet each other in a Wat as a center of the community. Maee Jumpa might know by this way or she might observe when she went to offer food to them in the wat (temple) or maybe someone told her.)

After offering food to the monk, Maee Jumpa gave alms (Here was giving food to fishes in the canal).

Afterwards She poured water to dedicate the merit to anyone she would like to. Before pouring she held Kade’s hand to put on her knee. Although she didn’t like Kade but after Kade helped her prepare lotus flowers and asked to make merit with her. She might think that was a good thing that Kade did so her mind was generous enough to accept Kade to take part in the dedication also. There is a belief that when people make merit together, they would meet each other again next birth. Because they do good things together then they would meet to love, to help each other.

For Maee Jampa and Kade they did not have to wait until next birth.

EP 2 – 44 : 34

Kade………………….….....Khun Pa Jao Ka (Pa = Aunt) Do we usually offer food to only 5 monks?
Maee Jumpa……………..Today is not a Buddhist Day so we do it only 5. If it is a Buddhist day we will go to do it in the temple (more monks) and listen to the sermon too.
Maee Jumpa……………..Nang Chaem………………….
Kade…………………...…...Could I go with you, please? I would like to give the offering dedicated to the monks.
Maee Jumpa………….....If you would like to go, you can. …………………
Kade…………………….....And aren’t we going today?
Maae Jumpa…….……....There are still many days before the Buddhist day.
Kade……………………. ....Could I go to the market then?
Maee Jumpa………….....If you want you can…. but manners like this, it’s called “trying to act as equal as adults. Only people who their parents never teach will do it. It is disgusting.
*** The offering dedicated to the monks consists of toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, razor, medicine, water, flashlight, washing powder… and so on

EP 2 – 1:36 :35

Date……………………….You did that so why did you tell lie that you didn’t ?
Kade……………………….I was afraid of being scolded.
Date……………………….When you did, you weren’t afraid.
Kade………………………Ha Mai Gua Ka (Ha Gua Mai is Boran Word = not afraid, Kade tried to use Boran word but she made it wrong. She said Ha Mai Gua)
Date……………………….Ha Gua Mai (Date corrected this word for her)
Kade………………………Ka, Ha Gua Mai Ka

Ya I did asked my friend and she said the same

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
Current one. P'ek is Porshe and n'ek is Now Tisanart. It is good so far. Porshe is so sweet as Khun Krai. Now is funny as the naughty Daorueng.
I want to try since you are interested, and I also like Porshe and Now too. I didn't really like the old version of Num/Kob...it was kind of slow so that's why I don't pay much attention of this drama.