[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rosi

Wifey #42
Is this guy totally unrelated to BPS and he just did a cover? He's not the original singer is he; I thought it's the Gun guy. The Gun guy is lovely. But if yes, it's a good cover though, he's got a very good voice. But no matter what I still prefer Pope's because his version makes me sad; his low voice said it all as the emotions of Por Date.

Phatman, if you're reading you can see in the video the early episodes the unhindered view of Khun P shirtless. Ah Joi is no where in sight so please don't scold the poor guy hehe.....

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
Is this guy totally unrelated to BPS and he just did a cover? He's not the original singer is he; I thought it's the Gun guy. The Gun guy is lovely. But if yes, it's a good cover though, he's got a very good voice. But no matter what I still prefer Pope's because his version makes me sad; his low voice said it all as the emotions of Por Date.

Phatman, if you're reading you can see in the video the early episodes the unhindered view of Khun P shirtless. Ah Joi is no where in sight so please don't scold the poor guy hehe.....
Sam is not in the series. He’s a veteran actor, singer, and politician. He was one of the top p’ek back in the 80s and 90s. He usually sings ost for the series he star in.

CPY

GotomySin
Actually this thing I don't quite understand. Is it Indian or Mediterranean? (they're at an Indian market) And it that like a veil for the face or it's meant to cover a girl's....? like a g-string?

It is used to cover that parts.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Sam is not in the series. He’s a veteran actor, singer, and politician. He was one of the top p’ek back in the 80s and 90s. He usually sings ost for the series he star in.
Thanks for saying so. He's also a politician? Wow, a real life hero! And yes I much prefer it when the character sings the ost, it makes the song comes alive. Like I can't listen to Weir singing the song from his film Morassoom Sawat without crying.

Rosi

Wifey #42
I'm not sure if Por Date is aiming for a kiss or asking for a kiss to remember her by on the night before he went away, he like moved in a couple of times but she got shaky. I guess that's why he gave specifics to the momento he was expecting.

Kade: Ok, wait here
She came out with her pillow.
Kade: I sleep on this. You can have it. Guaranteed to swipe any hoorrayyy hoorayy bed ideas out of your head.
Date: (Monologue) Killjoy. Not only it's like a chastity belt, it's so huge even Kosa Ban will laugh at me.

But I like it when Date holds her close she didn't hesitate in clutching his waist tight. Despite the relieved smiles this is a sad and tender moment for them, yet strangely even up to now no definite words of love were spoken. But it's the depth that's implied that's the beauty of it .... and it's scary that a love this great might not meet again. Those days crossing oceans were fraught with danger and time, lesser than it is now.

Rosi

Wifey #42
Haha.... when she was teaching Reung how to pursue Janward she almost said check out if the mother's car is in the carpark.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Final Review!!! Sigh. I know we've discussed it all throughout the lakorn, the pros and the cons, but I took the time to just compile it all into one statement. So here are my overall thoughts. I'll make it short and simple.

Storyline
Pros: First of all time traveling and soul switching is nothing new to Thai lakorns, but time traveling AND soul switching in one single lakorn is definitely a first for me. I didn't look forward to that, but I definitely looked forward to the idea that the nang'ek is actually a nang'rai and the pra'ek is her betrothed! We already know that there won't be any other crazy nang'rais and any opposition towards their relationship. Also, the fact that they use Karma and Destiny as their plot device makes it all the more intriguing!
Cons: Mai mee!!!!
Rating: 9.8/10

Script
Pros: What is so different about the script here compared to other lakorns is the pra'nang gets the focus 95% of the time. Literally to the point you start begging for the appearances of other characters. When does that ever happen?? Usually we would complain that too much focus is on so and so, but in this case we get spoiled with a ton of our pra'nang!! Major thumbs up!! Screenshot_2018-04-14-08-44-18-1.png
Cons: Very unbalanced. Not per scene, but per episode. Towards the final half, a few episodes become primarily focused on the political aspect throwing off what had been done the whole time which is slow and steady. By doing so, important scenes that would otherwise show a good transition from one scene to another gets cut off. No one wants nothing better than a good flow and smooth transition.
Rating: 9.1/10

Music
Pros: The background music is insanely beautiful. The timing, the composure, everything is breathtaking. No kid.
Cons: Lydia. I'm sorry if only the song was sung by someone else maybe I'd like it more. The dramatic music that comes on also ruins the mood at times.
Rating: 9.5/10

Cast/Characters
Pros: Where do I even begin? Lets start with the supporting cast. Needless to say this show has got to have the BEST supporting cast ever. You can't put anyone else in their place at all. Not even chicken. The characters are not annoying and the actors and actresses that portray them are amazing even with their minimal screentime/dialogue. I can't pinpoint who my favorite supporting character is. Juang? Prik? King Narai? Luang Sorasak? Kosa Lek? Kosa Pan? Phra Phetracha? Joi? Pim? Yam? Joi? Jumpa? Khun Loong? Chicken??? They all have that special something that you can't decide. Actor/actress-wise Ning definitely earns the top spot. He always kills his roles good or bad. It's that dominating screen presence that he carries so well. Playing the big Khun Loong gives him that vibe as well. Also I will add, definitely Big and Witsarut earned themselves a big fan! Big plays Phra Phetracha to absolute perfection. His voice, his posture, his expressions. Why haven't I noticed him before?? Witsarut is just cute, even with the black teeth. He makes Joi such a loving character even though all he ever says is "Thaan kularp."
Now for the second leads. Wow. I can't express how satisfied I am with the choices. We see a lot of miscasts for Boran set lakorns, but not in here. Louis, Susie, Panjan and Prang can't be any more perfect for their roles. Prang is beautiful and her demeanor is very fitting as the hi-so Janward of Ayutthaya. Her counterpart Panjan does well as Reung, but is even more charismatic as Reungrit. Susie, Pope's crush, does just her part as the strong yet soft Malee. As for Louis, he should really be given the best supporting actor award. He gave his all as Phaulcon and showed us both his evil side and pitiful side. They do not get that much screen time, but each time they do, they leave a very deep impression on you. That is the power of BPS's support system. They leave an impression on you yet they don't overpower the leads.
Speaking of the leads, Pope and Bella can't be anymore perfect for their roles as Karakade/Kadesurang and Date. Not only do they emerse in their roles, they bring their characters to life. Their chemistry is comparable to Num and Kob as the they say. They play off eachother and communicate with eachother very well even though there are little intimacy involved. I will not mind seeing Pope and Bella in another lakorn, this time in a modern setting.
Cons: What are the cons???
Rating: 100/10 (that extra zero is no misspelling)

Overall
I'm so in love with the lakorn that I'm willing to buy the CD and the DVD boxset even without English subs. . . I have never done this before.

CPY

GotomySin
Final Review!!! Sigh. I know we've discussed it all throughout the lakorn, the pros and the cons, but I took the time to just compile it all into one statement. So here are my overall thoughts. I'll make it short and simple.

Storyline
Pros: First of all time traveling and soul switching is nothing new to Thai lakorns, but time traveling AND soul switching in one single lakorn is definitely a first for me. I didn't look forward to that, but I definitely looked forward to the idea that the nang'ek is actually a nang'rai and the pra'ek is her betrothed! We already know that there won't be any other crazy nang'rais and any opposition towards their relationship. Also, the fact that they use Karma and Destiny as their plot device makes it all the more intriguing!
Cons: Mai mee!!!!
Rating: 9.8/10

Script
Pros: What is so different about the script here compared to other lakorns is the pra'nang gets the focus 95% of the time. Literally to the point you start begging for the appearances of other characters. When does that ever happen?? Usually we would complain that too much focus is on so and so, but in this case we get spoiled with a ton of our pra'nang!! Major thumbs up!! View attachment 13552
Cons: Very unbalanced. Not per scene, but per episode. Towards the final half, a few episodes become primarily focused on the political aspect throwing off what had been done the whole time which is slow and steady. By doing so, important scenes that would otherwise show a good transition from one scene to another gets cut off. No one wants nothing better than a good flow and smooth transition.
Rating: 9.1/10

Music
Pros: The background music is insanely beautiful. The timing, the composure, everything is breathtaking. No kid.
Cons: Lydia. I'm sorry if only the song was sung by someone else maybe I'd like it more. The dramatic music that comes on also ruins the mood at times.
Rating: 9.5/10

Cast/Characters
Pros: Where do I even begin? Lets start with the supporting cast. Needless to say this show has got to have the BEST supporting cast ever. You can't put anyone else in their place at all. Not even chicken. The characters are not annoying and the actors and actresses that portray them are amazing even with their minimal screentime/dialogue. I can't pinpoint who my favorite supporting character is. Juang? Prik? King Narai? Luang Sorasak? Kosa Lek? Kosa Pan? Phra Phetracha? Joi? Pim? Yam? Joi? Jumpa? Khun Loong? Chicken??? They all have that special something that you can't decide. Actor/actress-wise Ning definitely earns the top spot. He always kills his roles good or bad. It's that dominating screen presence that he carries so well. Playing the big Khun Loong gives him that vibe as well. Also I will add, definitely Big and Witsarut earned themselves a big fan! Big plays Phra Phetracha to absolute perfection. His voice, his posture, his expressions. Why haven't I noticed him before?? Witsarut is just cute, even with the black teeth. He makes Joi such a loving character even though all he ever says is "Thaan kularp."
Now for the second leads. Wow. I can't express how satisfied I am with the choices. We see a lot of miscasts for Boran set lakorns, but not in here. Louis, Susie, Panjan and Prang can't be any more perfect for their roles. Prang is beautiful and her demeanor is very fitting as the hi-so Janward of Ayutthaya. Her counterpart Panjan does well as Reung, but is even more charismatic as Reungrit. Susie, Pope's crush, does just her part as the strong yet soft Malee. As for Louis, he should really be given the best supporting actor award. He gave his all as Phaulcon and showed us both his evil side and pitiful side. They do not get that much screen time, but each time they do, they leave a very deep impression on you. That is the power of BPS's support system. They leave an impression on you yet they don't overpower the leads.
Speaking of the leads, Pope and Bella can't be anymore perfect for their roles as Karakade/Kadesurang and Date. Not only do they emerse in their roles, they bring their characters to life. Their chemistry is comparable to Num and Kob as the they say. They play off eachother and communicate with eachother very well even though there are little intimacy involved. I will not mind seeing Pope and Bella in another lakorn, this time in a modern setting.
Cons: What are the cons???
Rating: 100/10 (that extra zero is no misspelling)

Overall
I'm so in love with the lakorn that I'm willing to buy the CD and the DVD boxset even without English subs. . . I have never done this before.

Detailed

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Por date was soo protective of the pillow....his dad said for the servant to take it for him and he's LIKE NO! It's precious cargo. Even when his dad was trying to touch it, he was eyeing it and was soo protective hahaha...

pj is not a ladies man w/janward at all....hahahaha...he was soo clueless

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Aww so cute, nong Unda and nong Mac dressed up as Kade and Khun Pee. First time Bella got stuck in a child's body, now she's stuck in her twin's 329 year past body, hehe.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhePvusF71J/?taken-by=iamunda.mommy

I do enjoy Bella's performance as rai Mae Karakade, though I don't think she needed to be so violent all the time with the servants. But there's something very believable in the way she was possessive of Khun Pee, like "I deserve the best of the best." And I adore dorky Kade. Despite her carelessness in blurting out things that made the guys suspect her, Kade did not make me cringe the way Pan did as Mae Manee. *sweatdrop*

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
My final review! I just finished this lakorn an hour ago. I couldn't read the past pages because I was literally 40 pages behind and I couldn't do it. *Sorry if it's too long* - I might do a mv soon.

Ratings:
9.9/10 (only because of the political scenes towards the end and those ugly wigs ew!).
1000000000/10 for the chemistry (that's it, I need a Por Date).
9.8/10 for the OST (I wasn't a big fan of Lydia's, but I got a hang of it).
10/10 for the cast (couldn't have asked for anything better).
This is probably my favorite lakorn but not drama (Goblin still is my #1, sorry guys!)

Favorites:
Character: Hmm.......from the main cast it's definitely Por Date (I'm bias) and the supporting but not really....maybe Mae Prik 0r Pin and Yam....maybe Joi? It might be the father because he's cool and cared for Kade even when she was evil.
Scene: "Sweet Dreams" (every time I watch this my heart melts and that was when Aor Jao played) - my favorite scene that made me cry was when Kade saw Ruengrit as Por Date or when Khun Lek died (Khun Luang and Phaulkon played well)! :crybaby2:
OST: Pete's Aor Jao! Yassss!

Final thoughts:
I remember hesitating to watch this because I wasn't in the lakorn world because of kdramas for a year and all of the other lakorns weren't up to par. But it's Pope, I couldn't say no to that sexyass smile that could honestly cure all cancer and everything! He's my husband since 2013. Once I watched this I wasn't watching this just because of Pope, but because of the rest of the cast and the chemistry and the storyline. They made me laugh and cry. I even liked the roles of the bad guys because it made sense. Damn when Louis was sad about his death. - I honestly can't hate Louis in this lakorn for one reason: I loved him in Sixth Sense and he's an awesome actor. I felt so bad for him when he begged Mae Maria to let him see his children but wouldn't let him (he's a good crier guys - he's good at these emotional scenes). Pope and Bella have such good chemistry and I would love to see them in a modern lakorn. This is my favorite Bella lakorn alright. Her roles as Karakade and Kade showed us how versatile she could act. And when the father past away, I could feel the father-daughter love even though they're not blood related and how emotional she got. I loved her spunky attitude and I liked how she knew she couldn't change the past yet she couldn't help herself get in trouble for doing things women in Ayutthaya. This lakorn made me really like PJ and Prang. Prang played this really obedient hi-so daughter who didn't dare to break the rules until Kade came of course and Por Reung was that reliable friend who was chill. I wished we had something with Reungrit in the last episode (even though we had closure on him and Kade's mother and grandmother), and I wished there was more to Janward and Kade and how Karakade caused the death of her servant. The servants are too funny, especially Mae Prik, when she joined Kade's team. I am so happy that they chose Pope as Por Date, because I don't think anyone could be him. (Those remakes better be good, pointing at China and Korea's productions). His soft voice, his stares, and his smiles. UGH, I need more - maybe a compilation of all of his stares and smiles??? I haven't watched the special, but from what you guys are saying, it's a disappointment. It was like when Goblin had that special episode before episode 13 and it was literally just a recap of the drama - but they made up for it after. I don't remember if I have more to say...it was all crazy and it jumped to my random thoughts. I don't think a lakorn will be as good as BPS for a long time. And the novel that's being translated!!! I will wait for that! - This was fun girls, I enjoyed chatting and fangirling with y'all.