[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

June31sg

sarNie Hatchling
@Rosi @ friends

From Khun Rompaeng facebook. PL would have about 15 chapters. She might finish them in 3-4 months. The chapter 2 – 5 released on her facebook are still raw files.

Chapter II

Nang KUI dreamt that she was amid smog shivering. It was so cold that she nearly froze to death. She was scared as she didn't know where she was. She called her niece who was a daughter of her distant relative. She had looked after her for over 10 years because her parents had died of smallpox.

“Mae Glin, Mae Glin, where is it? How am I here?” She was trembling with fear for a while then there was a flash of light appeared in front of her together with a sturdy man with white clothes. His eyes looked like a hawk’s eyes but having sparkling of mercy. His appearance looked like an elderly man with grey hair but there was not any wrinkles on his face as it should be.

Nang GUI rushed to kneel to prostrate him asking him to help. “Help me please, I get lost.”

The man told her “Calm down, don’t be afraid. I’m taking you home but I would like you to put the care of my descendant.”

Who? Who is he? Nang Gui asked. Though scare in her eyes stayed still her fear decreased according to her characteristic not being afraid of anything easily. She thought this ascetic might be a magician who brought her here.

“A girl, if you accepted I would help you to have the property that it would never be used up this life and in the next life.” The man answered.”

“Really?” Nang Gui asked.

“I don’t force you. If you agree, get this. The ascetic handed her a ruby inlay gold necklace. It was beautiful as she had never seen before. Nang Gui was willing to receive it, but still confused, then everything went out like her being shoved away down to abyss.

Nang Gui was frightened waking up. In her dream she felt like everything was true, unlike the dream that had previously been. She got up and heard something falling to the plank. She lighted a lantern and found a ruby as big as the knuckle of the little finger. Her heart that was already calm jerked up again.

“Didn’t dream, I didn’t dream.” She cried out and picked up the ruby and walked into the monk room, lighted a candle and prayed until her mind was calm. She looked at the ruby in a silver tray in front of a set of altar table and sighed. Lately she often saw golden light sparkling far away. She saw it clearly because of the dawn and the sky still dark. She stared at it and looked like she knew but she was not certain.
When the sun rose she cleaned her face and ordered her servants to go to work in the garden.

“There is a rumor immensely now" Gadesurang (Khun Ying WiSootSaKorn) was talking with Date (PraYa WiSootSaKorn). Her voice remained cheerful and her eyes were bright like they used to be since 20 years ago.

“Rumor about what? Mae Garagade.” Date asked. His eyes when looking at beloved woman still were the same as it was. It never changed.

“There are people see the golden light from the river bend Yai Gui’s garden.” She said.

“Is that so? What light?” Date asked.

“People said it was a treasure that Mother Earth would give to a person who had good deeds.”

“Huh” Date stared at his Khun Ying Wisootsakorn suspiciously and nearly forbid her but could not do it in time.

“Let’s go to see it. If it is true, try to dig it. There might be a treasure in the reign of Pra Jao U thong, Pra BoromTriLokanat or the King Naraesaun. Gade said. Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

“Khun Ying Garagade, our children have grown up and now they are able to get married. You should slacken your curiosity. Date said.

“I would like to know. I used to see the light but when I intended to stared at it, it disappeared.”

“Nonsense.” Date said and changed the topic.

“Today Por Rueng is coming back from Mueng Song Kwae (Pitsanulok) and Mae Prang is from the palace. Have you prepared food for them yet?
“Oh that’s right, I’m so excited about the rumor I forget it. There is no time left to go to Talad Noi (Market). Just grilled prawn, a pot of Tom Yum and omelet seasoning with fish sauce would be good. Khun P’ Ka, I’m going down to the kitchen.” She said getting up and nodded to Nang Pin and Nang Yam to follow her. Nang Pin and Nang Yam looked at Date and simpered before crawling and walking away.

******Pitsanulok is a province of Thailand that used to have two rivers (Kwae Noi River and Nan River) passed, so its old name is “Mueng Song Kwae (สองแคว)”. At the present time the Kwae Noi River had changed its path.

Mueng = เมือง = town
Song = สอง = two
Kwae = แคว = small stream or small river runs to another big river

Due to Pitsanulok has a river runs past in the middle of the town so it has another old name too, it is “Mueng Oak taaek (อกแตก)”.

Oak = อก = chest
Taaek = แตก = break

In the past communities always started at the banks of the river. Besides getting water from the river, people used the river as a travelling route and transportation.

Pra Ya WiSootSaKorn looked at all of them out and sighed. He looked towards the direction of Yai Gui’s garden with deep worrying. He thought of the time Gade had touched the Koi book and her soul slipped away. He buried the book instead of destroying it because he feared that if he did it, it would have any effect to her soul. He felt very scared because he remembered he buried the Khoi book that direction, the river bend Yai Gui’s garden

“Por Date, what’s a fuss? The noise went to my bedroom.”

Khun Ying Jumpa was over 60 years old but she still was strong. She walked to sit on the same stool that Gade was just sat. Nang Prik and Nang Juang came with her blowing. Both of them were old but strong too. Nang Prik who her whole hair turned grey but her eyes and ears were still good.

“I heard Khun Ying Garagade talked about the golden light occurred towards the river bend Yai Gui’s garden Jao Ka” Ma Prik told Khun Ying JumPa.

“What? She might just find a story to entertain her children.” Khun Ying Jumpa didn’t believe.

“The children have grown up as a young man, a young girl. Mae Kaew is getting married but Por Date’s wife is still curious. She looks after her children strangely too. She giggled with them as if they are close friends. No one does that. Khun Ying Jumpa said and sighed like she was tired of it but there was a smile in her eyes.

Date looked down to hide his glittering eyes. If his mother knew Gade taught self-defense to Mae Gaew and Mae Prang, she would surely faint.
“Today all children are coming back home. Mae Prang would be more mature or not. She is so harsh in her manner. Why doesn’t Por Rit come back with you? Khun Ying Jumpa asked.

“Por Rit volunteers to buy a chicken at Talad Noi. Mae Prang’s Gai som (Som was the name of the chicken) has just died this afternoon. Por Rit would not like Mae Prang to know so he has to take Som there to buy a new one looks like it.”

“This is another matter spoiling his sister. Khun Ying Jumpa didn’t agree.

“Mae Prang usually doesn't cry but when she does, it is hard to make her stop. I think Por Rit does it right.” Date explained.

“Isn’t it you yourself would not like to see Mae Prang’s tears?” You loved and spoiled her since she was young. Anyway I wouldn't like to see her cry also. Well, I’m going to the kitchen to see what Mae Garagade cooks.”

Date helped his mother up to the kitchen and came back to change clothes and returned to work at the patio as always. After Date’s father died, Nai Muong became a servant who took care of date. He prepared tea for Date and went back to sit waiting if Date needed anything.

Date’s sharp eyes looked towards Yai Gui’s garden before going to bring a slate from the library calculating what he was worried about.

Wicha Suriyayaat that Date learned from her father, he had been transferred to both sons all. At the beginning he thought Por Rueng would do it better than Por Rit because he was calm like his grandfather. But it turned out that Por Rit was more advanced. He also was expert at incantation because he was more curious than his brother.

******Wicha = Knowledge, subject
******Wicha SuRiYaYaat is a textbook for calculating the position of stars used in Thai astrology.

For Por Rueng he turned out to be good at fighting. He was an incomparable fighter. Even his father (Date) Por Rueng could win him without difficulty. Mont Gris sa na gali that date learned by heart, he transferred to his sons wak by wak (each pause in writing) because the Khoi book had been buried for a long time. Por Rit learned all different from Por Rueng. Por Rueng could not remember all. When He got this wak then he forgot the former wak. Even Mae Prang beg him to teach her Wicha Suriyayaat until at last he had to comply. Mae Prang’s learning also was more progress than Por Rueng. She could predict the auspicious time better than Por Rueng. Of course, Date would not let his mother know this otherwise he and his daughter certainly would be blamed.

Date put down the slate after getting the result of prediction. It was strange. It had both getting and losing. His eyes were full of anxiety and heavy thought. He sighed and said words not louder than a whisper.

"My beloved Mae Garagade"

Muen Maharit (Por Rit/Rit) intensionally looked at the chickens in the coop one by one. He went there with Nai Jerm. Nai Jerm (Joi in lakorn) became a close servant of Rit his master in child generation. Although Nai Jerm was used to PraYa Wisootsakorn’s family that was not like any family in Ayutthaya he felt tolerate while following his master in the market. It was because of bringing a dead chicken to compare with an alive chicken being counted the eighth time in the past fifteen years, always created laugh for the merchants who they were familiar with.

“Is this good?” Muen Maharit turned to ask Nai Jerm.

“Yes, it is.” Nai Jerm answered. For him, no matter how many times he looked at the kitchens, they were the same. Especially Gai Bann their colors almost had no difference. But a person who was prudent like Muen Maharit, he lifted up the chicken to look thoroughly until he found a flaw.

“Not good, there is too little yellow pattern. Mae Prang’s chicken had yellow stripes on both sides sharper than this.”

Gai Bann = ไก่บ้าน

Gai = Chicken
Baan = House

The meaning of Gai Baan (ไก่บ้าน) is rather wide.

= A kind of chickens popular as food
= Chickens that people raise around their houses to get their eggs or meat as food.
= Chickens that people raise around their houses or open field for sale (naturally raised chickens), not being raised in the farm
= local Chickens, not come from other provinces, region or other countries

“This time how did the chicken die Khor Rab Taan Muen?” A merchant who was familiar with asked him with respect although he knew that this Praya Wisootsoontorn’s son was not a person who would be puffed up of his rank. It could say, almost everyone in his family spoke politely and kindly to merchants in the market especially the raft merchant admired Muen Wisootsoontorn because he did not accept any bribes. Even intimidating or demand of discounted prices from them they had never done until everyone and every shop gave the lowest price for their servants who bought goods for their master.

“It would be bite by a centipede. In the late morning I came back to see it in the coop, it was dead. Muen Maharit answered.

Thai particles

****** Khor Rab (ขอรับ) - word added by a male speaker to the end of every sentence to convey politeness.
******Jao Ka (เจ้าคะ) - word added by a female speaker to the end of every question to convey politeness
******Jao Ka (เจ้าค่ะ) - word added by a female speaker to the end of every statement to convey politeness

At the present we use
Krab (ครับ) instead of Khor Rab (ขอรับ)
Ka (คะ) instead of Jao Ka (เจ้าคะ)
Ka (ค่ะ) instead of Jao Ka (เจ้าค่ะ)

Some Thai people are used to these particles to make what they say more polite. So when they speak English they add those at the end or a sentence also like :
Good morning Kaa...
Good morning Kraab..
Thank you Kaa..
Thank you Kraab......

Muen Maharit and Nai Jerm walked around until they found a young chicken, the same size and similar color not much different from the dead one. Muen Maharit bought it and took care of it well. They rushed home because they were afraid that his 2 sisters would arrive home before them.

Nai Chom a servant who grew up with his master was assigned to guard the boat picking up the chicken from Nai Jerm, waited until his master was on the boat. Nai Chom and Nai Jerm speeded their rowing in order to get home in time. They covered with sweat because of the heat of the afternoon sunshine.

Nai Jerm looked at the thick cloud that immediately floating above the water of Klong Glaab (Klong = canal). They hadn’t passed the river bend Yai Gui’s Garden yet but the cloud nearly obscured the whole sunshine.

“Really good the cloud coming, the sun is being hot.” Nai Chom smiled.

Before arriving the area of his home Muen Maharit saw golden sparkle from the river bend he was passing. He frowned and curiosity sprung up in his eyes. It made Nai Jerm have to look follow his sight but he saw only a normal scenery along the canal.

When he arrived at the house he told Nai Jerm.

“P’ Jerm take a hoe and a spade and follow me to the river bend Yai Gui”s garden. Ai Chom put the chicken in the coop and stay here. I and P’ Jerm are going to bury Ai Som. Muen Maharit told his servants.

When Nai Jerm came back both of them walked deep into garden looking for a suitable place. Nai Jerm dig out until the pit was wide enough. His master put the dead chicken there before Nai Jerm filled in the pit.

That moment there was a golden light appeared again in the visible distance. Both of them stopped for a moment before tuning to look at each other. The golden light still was shining from the ground far away and did not disappear like before.

“I used to see that light when I was young but it came for a while and had gone. It was not there for a long time like this. When it happened I used to go there but it was gone before I reached. Today it happened in front of me so I have to go to see it. Do you think that someone has released black magic to hurt people in our home?

“I don’t know Khor Rab but are you really going there? If it is not a good thing Lom Pae Lom Paat it would be a big matter.” Nai Jerm said and warned him. If there was anything happened to Praya Wisootsoontorn’s son, he would be headless. So his voice trembled.

“What are you afraid of? I have Wicha (The knowledge he learnt from his father)” He said and looked up. He looked brave. Then he walked quickly towards the light hoping that if he came closer he would know where it came from.

****** LomePae-LomePaat = ลมเพลมพัด has 2 meanings

1st meaning :
= Illness that do not know the cause often believed that it was done.
= Illness that believed to be due to black magic.

"If you are down on your luck and accidentally go to a place that there are some people trying to test the efficacy of their talisman, incantation or spell to see if those are really magical. It is released by the wind so you might get it and be sick.”

2nd meaning :
= variable

“Women often have more mood swings than men.”
“Women often have symptoms of LomePaeLomePaat more than men.”

Lome = Wind
Pae = crumble, collapse, fall apart, go to pieces etc.
Paat = blow

The center of the light was on a mound near a small waterway (ditch). He grabbed the hoe from Nai Jerm to dig with a strong force. Just a moment the how was deep down to hit something. It was too hard to be a stone or clod of earth. His hands were reflected so strongly that he nearly released the hoe slip away.

“P’ Jerm, help me. I’ve found something” Nai Jerm helped him did and he found that it was a chest not very new or old. He stepped back before speaking splutteringly.

“Don’t touch it please. It would be good if we tell Taan Praya (Date) before.” He said and grabbed his master’s hand but he brushed it off.

“Why do I have to tell him? Just this, I have recited a spell to get rid of the black magic already.” He told his servant. He lifted the chest out of the ground and used the hoe shuffled the lock. Then the golden light was spread even stronger.

“Yai (Grandma) the golden light comes again in the garden near the river bend next to the house of Praya Wisootsoontorn.” Mae Glin, her niece called her so loudly that Yai Gui was startle”

“Ouch! Why do you have to shout? You‘ve made me shocked. If I pass out to death becoming a ghost, I will come to haunt you.” Yai Gui threatened Mae.

"What? The light is so bright this time in spite of the middle of the day. It has come for some time. Let's go to see it, it may be a treasure of Mother Earth” Mae Glin said.

Although Yai Gui was old but she was still healthy because of regular exercise from gardening. She looked at that bright light quietly and recalled her dream last night. So she got up actively.

“Go, go to see it” she persuaded Mae Glin.

Yai Gui's stance caused Mae Glin to be confused.

“Aren’t you afraid of it anymore Yai? The former times you told me not to be interested in that light. Why today would you like to see it? Mae Glin wondered.

Yai Gui sighed. "I'm not interested in what the treasure is. It is beyond our ascendancy but I have promised him. Go! Go! Don't tardy. It might be too late.
“Too late for what? Yai. What do you promise and with whom?” Mae Glin asked.

“Follow me, move.” Nang Gui walked and told another 2 servants to follow her. She was heading into the garden towards the river bend where she saw the light. The whole group walked up to the source of it and there they all looked at same point. It was a sharp-eyed young man kneeling opening a chest and there was a familiar face like Nai Jerm kneeling beside him.

“Yai, those are Muen Rit and P’ Jerm or that Muen Rueang has come back from Song Kwae already” Mae Glin held her grandma’s hand and moved her eye to look at the chest that was shining the gold light on the mound surprisingly.

“Yai they will open the treasure. Let's go to see.” Nang Gui stood still. She did not walk according to her niece's traction but turned out to pull her niece instead and warned her.

“Be Quiet Mae Glin.” When the leader refused to walk. They all needed to stay with her. The sky was getting dark. The wind began to blow stronger. Muen Maharit opened the chest seeing old oil-plated paper. Inside there was a white cloth wrapped. When it was opened, there was a khoi book. Nai jerm blinked eyes wide. He remembered it was an important textbook of Phraya Horathibodi.

“Khoi book of Mon Grit Sa Na Gali” Nai Jerm cried out.

Muen Maharit turned to look at his servant surprisingly before reaching out and touched the book.

As soon as his skin was exposed to the koi book, the sky was suddenly darkened like twilight. The golden light emits light until the eyes of anyone could not see anything and was extinguished at the same time.

Poodtaan opened her eyes after couldn't be exposed to the light. The ears heard a voice of exclaiming. The Khoi book in her hands seemed being pulled. Muen Maharit tries to open his eyes wider looking at someone grabbing the book as if snatching.

He immediately thought of a terrible ghost that was often found along the ditch and it might be a supporter of people who had a spell.

His foot as fast as thought, he lifted his leg and shove away with all his strength because he startled. He pulled Nai Jerm to run away with him but he ran only for three or four steps then he stopped. He thought that the one that he accidentally kicked a moment ago had flesh and now there was a sound of crying out painfully and that was the woman voice.

He turned to look and found that that body looked subtle although it was not clear because her head was being covered by a cloth. Both the head and ears were all dirty with mud from the ditch.

Who are you? How can you be here? Are you Pii Kamode or not? (Pii Kamode is a kind of ghost)

“Ouch, how can you do it? I will tell P' Danai to give you the sack. She cried out and grasped her painful waist.” She thought it was lucky that she was tolerated. The ten-wheeled truck crashes but she didn't die. She thought over and raised her hands to wipe tears from her eyes but it made her face dirtier.

“Coming, she’s coming” Nang Gui exclaimed and rushed near the ditch. She told her 2 servants went into the ditch to hold the strange girl up. She still looked painful.

“Yai Gui, do you know this girl?” Mae Glin asked.

Muen Maharit now relaxed, breathed in and out slowly and asked Nang Gui about the girl.

“Uh I don’t know but I was asked to put the care of her.” Nang Gui tried to explain. Mae Glin even looked at her grandmother with surprise.
“Ah she came with Yai Gui Khor Rab Taan Meun.” Nai Jerm said and grabbed the hoe and a spade in his hands.

Poodtaan looked around and looked at people around her with trance until forgot the pain.

“Who are you? Why are you putting on strange clothes? And the hair style too. Am I seeing ghosts? The last sentence she asked herself while seeing the picture in front of her.

Poodtaan looked up at the young man at the ditch which would be a mysterious foot that kicked her. He was wearing clothes similar to ancient Thai men but the fabric looked better than the others. When their eyes met, a strange feeling agitated her and flung to her heart. She felt like the time would stop. Strange familiarity caused her eyes full of wonder.

“Why are your words so strange? Well it is over. Let’s go home, P’ Jerm. Mae Gaew, Mae Prang would be about to come. Muen Maharit said. He put the khoi book into the chest and lifted it going back home.

“Wait! Where are you going?” Poodtaan brushed off the hands of the 2 servants and walked to the mound to catch his arm. Muen Maharit felt of a weak stream of something from the touch of the stranger. So turned to look and frowned.

“What are you doing? You are a woman. Why do you come to grab a guy. Aren't you shy? Let me go now. His voice was so intense that she had to release his arm before doing it again at once.

“Wait! Take the book back to me. You can't steal it. I will inform the Department of Fine Arts. She said and looked for her workers who were still around her at the moment and she had to be stunned. She looked at the tree, the ditch and the mound that she was not used to them. Her face became pale.

“Where are all workers? And where is it here? Where is Ruen Thai that used to be here? What a crazy is this? Poodtaan was confused.

“It looks like Yai’ Gui’s girl would be crazy. I’m sorry for shoving you so strong. I was frightened then. If you are sick because of me, send anyone to tell me at Praya Wisootsakorn’s house. Now I’m giving some Att (small change in Ayutthaya Era) to you if you need to buy some medicine. He handed the chest to Nai Jerm to hold it despite him having a hoe and a spade in his hands. He pulled a pouch from his waist and hand it one to her.

When he saw Poodtaan didn’t give her hands to receive the money so he held her hand up and put the money there.

His heart twitched a little when recognizing hot currents spread from the skin in the palm of his hand He looked up to see her face that was hidden under the cloth. He was stunned. Poodtaan felt the same. She startled so she pulled her hand back and looked at Att in her hand with the confused face.
“Let’s go P’Jerm.” Muen Maharit said.

“Wait! What about the book?” Poodtaan still would like to get the book back.

“This book is Mon Grit Sa Na Gali. It is a spell that has passed on our family. It is nothing to do with you.” That moment, if you don't think of snatching it from me, I wouldn't kick you to make you hurt like this. You put the cloth around your head and ears. How lucky that I didn't stab you with dagger.” Muen Maharit said.

“Mon Grit Sa Na Gali” this word made Poodtaan felt as if she was being hit in the brain. Besides, no matter what she heard, saw, words, clothes of the people and the changing environment in an instant, all could make her go crazy. She felt the world was going to darken again but this time it would do together with her consciousness.

Her body was swaying until Muen Maharit had to come quickly to hold her. The cloth around her head slipped down. Her hair was bundled with a stretchy cloth. From her appearance looked too flawless to be a villager around here and she was wearing a gold necklace with a locket. He felt the heat on her body so he called Yai Gui to take care of her. Yai Gui told her servants to take Poodtaan from the ditch towards to her.

Muen Maharit told Nai Jerm to put the cloth in the water and gave it to the servants of Yai Kui for wiping her face and body.

He told Yai Gui that he had to go back home because his brother and sisters would go back home today. He was out for a long time. His mother would be waiting.

“Jao Ka” Nang Gui said while using the cloth wiped her face.

“The deity asked me to put the care of her so she would not be a ghost.” Yai Gui murmured.

“I hope she would be alright? Muen Maharit said while looked at her.” She was more beautiful than any girl he had met. She looked like his mother but she was more shining because she was younger.

“Taan Muen Khor Rab.” Nai Jerm called him. “It is late afternoon now. Mae Ying Gaew and Mae Ying Prang would nearly get home.” Nai Jerm saw the way Muen Maharit was looking at the girl wearing strange clothes so he was suspicious and she looked like Mae Nai Garagade making him more suspicious than ever.

“Yeah, let’s go. He said and turned to say to Yai Gui “Please take care of her. I will come to see her again later. If she is sick and you would like me to help, please send a message to me.”

“Jao Ka Taan Muen.” Nang Gui gave her word and told her servants to take Poodtaan to her house.

“Yai, this girl was wearing strange clothes. She might be a forest ghost undercover. I think Yai’d better leave her here. Please don’t take her our home.” Mae Glin looked at the girl being carried like a pig with dissatisfaction.

“She is not a ghost. If she will be, she will be a deity.” Nang Gui said.

“Why her face looks like Khun Ying Garagade and she appeared like popping up in the air. Did you see that? Even Taan Muen had a strange attitude also. I have a presentiment that she would bring disaster to our house.”

“Do you envy her more beautiful than you? Nang Glin”

“Why do I have to envy her? Yai knew what kind of person I am. But I don’t like her. Did you see her eyes before she passed out? She must be more dangerous than anyone else. She would bring us into trouble.”

“Don’t say nonsense. She hasn’t recovered yet. We don’t know how her temperament is.”

“But Yai..”

“Shut up! E Glin. I’m the owner of the house. I will let her live here.”

Mae Glin could do only to swallow her cursing for that girl down to the throat. She didn’t understand herself why she hated that girl very much. In hate there was fear also. She felt like that the girl had some power that might make her calm life collapse easily.

P.S. If you observe the pronouns in this story they were changed depending on social status of the speaker and listener.

Khun Ying Jumpa called persons in their family

Date = Por Date,
Garagade = Mae Garagade
Rueng = Por Rueang,
Rit = Por rit
Gaew = Mae Gaew
Prang = Mae Prang

Nai Jerm called them:

Date (Praya Wisootsakorn) = Taan Praya
Garagade = Mae Nai Garagade
Muen Maharit = Taan Meun
Muen Rueang = Taan Meun
Mae Gaew = Mae Ying Gaew (Ying = female, girl, woman)
Mae Prang = Mae Ying Prang

Persons outside the family, a merchant, Nang Gui :

Muen Maharit = Taan Meun
Taan = you, he, she, him, her, they, them (call with respect)

Sometimes Pronoun is changed according to the temper of the speaker. :

Yai Guil called her niece “Mae Glin (แม่กลิ่น)”
“Be Quiet Mae Glin.”

When she was unsatisfied she called her “Nang Glin (นังกลิ่น)”

When she was angry she called her “Ee Glin (อีกลิ่น)”

***** The word Nang/นาง (Gui) and Nang/นัง (Glin) when we write in English it is spelled the same but in the Thai language They are different in pronunciation.

Nang = นาง = Mrs., woman
Nang = นัง = a derogatory version of นาง placed in front of a name showing disapproval (Pronunciation is shorter)
Wow!! @Amata, that is another round of marathon for the translation.... thank you soooooooo much for it... the story is getting real exciting, now that Por Rit has met the love of his life..... wonder if he will be as Romantic as his father.. >_<

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
@Rosi @ friends

From Khun Rompaeng facebook. PL would have about 15 chapters. She might finish them in 3-4 months. The chapter 2 – 5 released on her facebook are still raw files.

Chapter II

Nang KUI dreamt that she was amid smog shivering. It was so cold that she nearly froze to death. She was scared as she didn't know where she was. She called her niece who was a daughter of her distant relative. She had looked after her for over 10 years because her parents had died of smallpox.

“Mae Glin, Mae Glin, where is it? How am I here?” She was trembling with fear for a while then there was a flash of light appeared in front of her together with a sturdy man with white clothes. His eyes looked like a hawk’s eyes but having sparkling of mercy. His appearance looked like an elderly man with grey hair but there was not any wrinkles on his face as it should be.

Nang GUI rushed to kneel to prostrate him asking him to help. “Help me please, I get lost.”

The man told her “Calm down, don’t be afraid. I’m taking you home but I would like you to put the care of my descendant.”

Who? Who is he? Nang Gui asked. Though scare in her eyes stayed still her fear decreased according to her characteristic not being afraid of anything easily. She thought this ascetic might be a magician who brought her here.

“A girl, if you accepted I would help you to have the property that it would never be used up this life and in the next life.” The man answered.”

“Really?” Nang Gui asked.

“I don’t force you. If you agree, get this. The ascetic handed her a ruby inlay gold necklace. It was beautiful as she had never seen before. Nang Gui was willing to receive it, but still confused, then everything went out like her being shoved away down to abyss.

Nang Gui was frightened waking up. In her dream she felt like everything was true, unlike the dream that had previously been. She got up and heard something falling to the plank. She lighted a lantern and found a ruby as big as the knuckle of the little finger. Her heart that was already calm jerked up again.

“Didn’t dream, I didn’t dream.” She cried out and picked up the ruby and walked into the monk room, lighted a candle and prayed until her mind was calm. She looked at the ruby in a silver tray in front of a set of altar table and sighed. Lately she often saw golden light sparkling far away. She saw it clearly because of the dawn and the sky still dark. She stared at it and looked like she knew but she was not certain.
When the sun rose she cleaned her face and ordered her servants to go to work in the garden.

“There is a rumor immensely now" Gadesurang (Khun Ying WiSootSaKorn) was talking with Date (PraYa WiSootSaKorn). Her voice remained cheerful and her eyes were bright like they used to be since 20 years ago.

“Rumor about what? Mae Garagade.” Date asked. His eyes when looking at beloved woman still were the same as it was. It never changed.

“There are people see the golden light from the river bend Yai Gui’s garden.” She said.

“Is that so? What light?” Date asked.

“People said it was a treasure that Mother Earth would give to a person who had good deeds.”

“Huh” Date stared at his Khun Ying Wisootsakorn suspiciously and nearly forbid her but could not do it in time.

“Let’s go to see it. If it is true, try to dig it. There might be a treasure in the reign of Pra Jao U thong, Pra BoromTriLokanat or the King Naraesaun. Gade said. Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

“Khun Ying Garagade, our children have grown up and now they are able to get married. You should slacken your curiosity. Date said.

“I would like to know. I used to see the light but when I intended to stared at it, it disappeared.”

“Nonsense.” Date said and changed the topic.

“Today Por Rueng is coming back from Mueng Song Kwae (Pitsanulok) and Mae Prang is from the palace. Have you prepared food for them yet?
“Oh that’s right, I’m so excited about the rumor I forget it. There is no time left to go to Talad Noi (Market). Just grilled prawn, a pot of Tom Yum and omelet seasoning with fish sauce would be good. Khun P’ Ka, I’m going down to the kitchen.” She said getting up and nodded to Nang Pin and Nang Yam to follow her. Nang Pin and Nang Yam looked at Date and simpered before crawling and walking away.

******Pitsanulok is a province of Thailand that used to have two rivers (Kwae Noi River and Nan River) passed, so its old name is “Mueng Song Kwae (สองแคว)”. At the present time the Kwae Noi River had changed its path.

Mueng = เมือง = town
Song = สอง = two
Kwae = แคว = small stream or small river runs to another big river

Due to Pitsanulok has a river runs past in the middle of the town so it has another old name too, it is “Mueng Oak taaek (อกแตก)”.

Oak = อก = chest
Taaek = แตก = break

In the past communities always started at the banks of the river. Besides getting water from the river, people used the river as a travelling route and transportation.

Pra Ya WiSootSaKorn looked at all of them out and sighed. He looked towards the direction of Yai Gui’s garden with deep worrying. He thought of the time Gade had touched the Koi book and her soul slipped away. He buried the book instead of destroying it because he feared that if he did it, it would have any effect to her soul. He felt very scared because he remembered he buried the Khoi book that direction, the river bend Yai Gui’s garden

“Por Date, what’s a fuss? The noise went to my bedroom.”

Khun Ying Jumpa was over 60 years old but she still was strong. She walked to sit on the same stool that Gade was just sat. Nang Prik and Nang Juang came with her blowing. Both of them were old but strong too. Nang Prik who her whole hair turned grey but her eyes and ears were still good.

“I heard Khun Ying Garagade talked about the golden light occurred towards the river bend Yai Gui’s garden Jao Ka” Ma Prik told Khun Ying JumPa.

“What? She might just find a story to entertain her children.” Khun Ying Jumpa didn’t believe.

“The children have grown up as a young man, a young girl. Mae Kaew is getting married but Por Date’s wife is still curious. She looks after her children strangely too. She giggled with them as if they are close friends. No one does that. Khun Ying Jumpa said and sighed like she was tired of it but there was a smile in her eyes.

Date looked down to hide his glittering eyes. If his mother knew Gade taught self-defense to Mae Gaew and Mae Prang, she would surely faint.
“Today all children are coming back home. Mae Prang would be more mature or not. She is so harsh in her manner. Why doesn’t Por Rit come back with you? Khun Ying Jumpa asked.

“Por Rit volunteers to buy a chicken at Talad Noi. Mae Prang’s Gai som (Som was the name of the chicken) has just died this afternoon. Por Rit would not like Mae Prang to know so he has to take Som there to buy a new one looks like it.”

“This is another matter spoiling his sister. Khun Ying Jumpa didn’t agree.

“Mae Prang usually doesn't cry but when she does, it is hard to make her stop. I think Por Rit does it right.” Date explained.

“Isn’t it you yourself would not like to see Mae Prang’s tears?” You loved and spoiled her since she was young. Anyway I wouldn't like to see her cry also. Well, I’m going to the kitchen to see what Mae Garagade cooks.”

Date helped his mother up to the kitchen and came back to change clothes and returned to work at the patio as always. After Date’s father died, Nai Muong became a servant who took care of date. He prepared tea for Date and went back to sit waiting if Date needed anything.

Date’s sharp eyes looked towards Yai Gui’s garden before going to bring a slate from the library calculating what he was worried about.

Wicha Suriyayaat that Date learned from her father, he had been transferred to both sons all. At the beginning he thought Por Rueng would do it better than Por Rit because he was calm like his grandfather. But it turned out that Por Rit was more advanced. He also was expert at incantation because he was more curious than his brother.

******Wicha = Knowledge, subject
******Wicha SuRiYaYaat is a textbook for calculating the position of stars used in Thai astrology.

For Por Rueng he turned out to be good at fighting. He was an incomparable fighter. Even his father (Date) Por Rueng could win him without difficulty. Mont Gris sa na gali that date learned by heart, he transferred to his sons wak by wak (each pause in writing) because the Khoi book had been buried for a long time. Por Rit learned all different from Por Rueng. Por Rueng could not remember all. When He got this wak then he forgot the former wak. Even Mae Prang beg him to teach her Wicha Suriyayaat until at last he had to comply. Mae Prang’s learning also was more progress than Por Rueng. She could predict the auspicious time better than Por Rueng. Of course, Date would not let his mother know this otherwise he and his daughter certainly would be blamed.

Date put down the slate after getting the result of prediction. It was strange. It had both getting and losing. His eyes were full of anxiety and heavy thought. He sighed and said words not louder than a whisper.

"My beloved Mae Garagade"

Muen Maharit (Por Rit/Rit) intensionally looked at the chickens in the coop one by one. He went there with Nai Jerm. Nai Jerm (Joi in lakorn) became a close servant of Rit his master in child generation. Although Nai Jerm was used to PraYa Wisootsakorn’s family that was not like any family in Ayutthaya he felt tolerate while following his master in the market. It was because of bringing a dead chicken to compare with an alive chicken being counted the eighth time in the past fifteen years, always created laugh for the merchants who they were familiar with.

“Is this good?” Muen Maharit turned to ask Nai Jerm.

“Yes, it is.” Nai Jerm answered. For him, no matter how many times he looked at the kitchens, they were the same. Especially Gai Bann their colors almost had no difference. But a person who was prudent like Muen Maharit, he lifted up the chicken to look thoroughly until he found a flaw.

“Not good, there is too little yellow pattern. Mae Prang’s chicken had yellow stripes on both sides sharper than this.”

Gai Bann = ไก่บ้าน

Gai = Chicken
Baan = House

The meaning of Gai Baan (ไก่บ้าน) is rather wide.

= A kind of chickens popular as food
= Chickens that people raise around their houses to get their eggs or meat as food.
= Chickens that people raise around their houses or open field for sale (naturally raised chickens), not being raised in the farm
= local Chickens, not come from other provinces, region or other countries

“This time how did the chicken die Khor Rab Taan Muen?” A merchant who was familiar with asked him with respect although he knew that this Praya Wisootsoontorn’s son was not a person who would be puffed up of his rank. It could say, almost everyone in his family spoke politely and kindly to merchants in the market especially the raft merchant admired Muen Wisootsoontorn because he did not accept any bribes. Even intimidating or demand of discounted prices from them they had never done until everyone and every shop gave the lowest price for their servants who bought goods for their master.

“It would be bite by a centipede. In the late morning I came back to see it in the coop, it was dead. Muen Maharit answered.

Thai particles

****** Khor Rab (ขอรับ) - word added by a male speaker to the end of every sentence to convey politeness.
******Jao Ka (เจ้าคะ) - word added by a female speaker to the end of every question to convey politeness
******Jao Ka (เจ้าค่ะ) - word added by a female speaker to the end of every statement to convey politeness

At the present we use
Krab (ครับ) instead of Khor Rab (ขอรับ)
Ka (คะ) instead of Jao Ka (เจ้าคะ)
Ka (ค่ะ) instead of Jao Ka (เจ้าค่ะ)

Some Thai people are used to these particles to make what they say more polite. So when they speak English they add those at the end or a sentence also like :
Good morning Kaa...
Good morning Kraab..
Thank you Kaa..
Thank you Kraab......

Muen Maharit and Nai Jerm walked around until they found a young chicken, the same size and similar color not much different from the dead one. Muen Maharit bought it and took care of it well. They rushed home because they were afraid that his 2 sisters would arrive home before them.

Nai Chom a servant who grew up with his master was assigned to guard the boat picking up the chicken from Nai Jerm, waited until his master was on the boat. Nai Chom and Nai Jerm speeded their rowing in order to get home in time. They covered with sweat because of the heat of the afternoon sunshine.

Nai Jerm looked at the thick cloud that immediately floating above the water of Klong Glaab (Klong = canal). They hadn’t passed the river bend Yai Gui’s Garden yet but the cloud nearly obscured the whole sunshine.

“Really good the cloud coming, the sun is being hot.” Nai Chom smiled.

Before arriving the area of his home Muen Maharit saw golden sparkle from the river bend he was passing. He frowned and curiosity sprung up in his eyes. It made Nai Jerm have to look follow his sight but he saw only a normal scenery along the canal.

When he arrived at the house he told Nai Jerm.

“P’ Jerm take a hoe and a spade and follow me to the river bend Yai Gui”s garden. Ai Chom put the chicken in the coop and stay here. I and P’ Jerm are going to bury Ai Som. Muen Maharit told his servants.

When Nai Jerm came back both of them walked deep into garden looking for a suitable place. Nai Jerm dig out until the pit was wide enough. His master put the dead chicken there before Nai Jerm filled in the pit.

That moment there was a golden light appeared again in the visible distance. Both of them stopped for a moment before tuning to look at each other. The golden light still was shining from the ground far away and did not disappear like before.

“I used to see that light when I was young but it came for a while and had gone. It was not there for a long time like this. When it happened I used to go there but it was gone before I reached. Today it happened in front of me so I have to go to see it. Do you think that someone has released black magic to hurt people in our home?

“I don’t know Khor Rab but are you really going there? If it is not a good thing Lom Pae Lom Paat it would be a big matter.” Nai Jerm said and warned him. If there was anything happened to Praya Wisootsoontorn’s son, he would be headless. So his voice trembled.

“What are you afraid of? I have Wicha (The knowledge he learnt from his father)” He said and looked up. He looked brave. Then he walked quickly towards the light hoping that if he came closer he would know where it came from.

****** LomePae-LomePaat = ลมเพลมพัด has 2 meanings

1st meaning :
= Illness that do not know the cause often believed that it was done.
= Illness that believed to be due to black magic.

"If you are down on your luck and accidentally go to a place that there are some people trying to test the efficacy of their talisman, incantation or spell to see if those are really magical. It is released by the wind so you might get it and be sick.”

2nd meaning :
= variable

“Women often have more mood swings than men.”
“Women often have symptoms of LomePaeLomePaat more than men.”

Lome = Wind
Pae = crumble, collapse, fall apart, go to pieces etc.
Paat = blow

The center of the light was on a mound near a small waterway (ditch). He grabbed the hoe from Nai Jerm to dig with a strong force. Just a moment the how was deep down to hit something. It was too hard to be a stone or clod of earth. His hands were reflected so strongly that he nearly released the hoe slip away.

“P’ Jerm, help me. I’ve found something” Nai Jerm helped him did and he found that it was a chest not very new or old. He stepped back before speaking splutteringly.

“Don’t touch it please. It would be good if we tell Taan Praya (Date) before.” He said and grabbed his master’s hand but he brushed it off.

“Why do I have to tell him? Just this, I have recited a spell to get rid of the black magic already.” He told his servant. He lifted the chest out of the ground and used the hoe shuffled the lock. Then the golden light was spread even stronger.

“Yai (Grandma) the golden light comes again in the garden near the river bend next to the house of Praya Wisootsoontorn.” Mae Glin, her niece called her so loudly that Yai Gui was startle”

“Ouch! Why do you have to shout? You‘ve made me shocked. If I pass out to death becoming a ghost, I will come to haunt you.” Yai Gui threatened Mae.

"What? The light is so bright this time in spite of the middle of the day. It has come for some time. Let's go to see it, it may be a treasure of Mother Earth” Mae Glin said.

Although Yai Gui was old but she was still healthy because of regular exercise from gardening. She looked at that bright light quietly and recalled her dream last night. So she got up actively.

“Go, go to see it” she persuaded Mae Glin.

Yai Gui's stance caused Mae Glin to be confused.

“Aren’t you afraid of it anymore Yai? The former times you told me not to be interested in that light. Why today would you like to see it? Mae Glin wondered.

Yai Gui sighed. "I'm not interested in what the treasure is. It is beyond our ascendancy but I have promised him. Go! Go! Don't tardy. It might be too late.
“Too late for what? Yai. What do you promise and with whom?” Mae Glin asked.

“Follow me, move.” Nang Gui walked and told another 2 servants to follow her. She was heading into the garden towards the river bend where she saw the light. The whole group walked up to the source of it and there they all looked at same point. It was a sharp-eyed young man kneeling opening a chest and there was a familiar face like Nai Jerm kneeling beside him.

“Yai, those are Muen Rit and P’ Jerm or that Muen Rueang has come back from Song Kwae already” Mae Glin held her grandma’s hand and moved her eye to look at the chest that was shining the gold light on the mound surprisingly.

“Yai they will open the treasure. Let's go to see.” Nang Gui stood still. She did not walk according to her niece's traction but turned out to pull her niece instead and warned her.

“Be Quiet Mae Glin.” When the leader refused to walk. They all needed to stay with her. The sky was getting dark. The wind began to blow stronger. Muen Maharit opened the chest seeing old oil-plated paper. Inside there was a white cloth wrapped. When it was opened, there was a khoi book. Nai jerm blinked eyes wide. He remembered it was an important textbook of Phraya Horathibodi.

“Khoi book of Mon Grit Sa Na Gali” Nai Jerm cried out.

Muen Maharit turned to look at his servant surprisingly before reaching out and touched the book.

As soon as his skin was exposed to the koi book, the sky was suddenly darkened like twilight. The golden light emits light until the eyes of anyone could not see anything and was extinguished at the same time.

Poodtaan opened her eyes after couldn't be exposed to the light. The ears heard a voice of exclaiming. The Khoi book in her hands seemed being pulled. Muen Maharit tries to open his eyes wider looking at someone grabbing the book as if snatching.

He immediately thought of a terrible ghost that was often found along the ditch and it might be a supporter of people who had a spell.

His foot as fast as thought, he lifted his leg and shove away with all his strength because he startled. He pulled Nai Jerm to run away with him but he ran only for three or four steps then he stopped. He thought that the one that he accidentally kicked a moment ago had flesh and now there was a sound of crying out painfully and that was the woman voice.

He turned to look and found that that body looked subtle although it was not clear because her head was being covered by a cloth. Both the head and ears were all dirty with mud from the ditch.

Who are you? How can you be here? Are you Pii Kamode or not? (Pii Kamode is a kind of ghost)

“Ouch, how can you do it? I will tell P' Danai to give you the sack. She cried out and grasped her painful waist.” She thought it was lucky that she was tolerated. The ten-wheeled truck crashes but she didn't die. She thought over and raised her hands to wipe tears from her eyes but it made her face dirtier.

“Coming, she’s coming” Nang Gui exclaimed and rushed near the ditch. She told her 2 servants went into the ditch to hold the strange girl up. She still looked painful.

“Yai Gui, do you know this girl?” Mae Glin asked.

Muen Maharit now relaxed, breathed in and out slowly and asked Nang Gui about the girl.

“Uh I don’t know but I was asked to put the care of her.” Nang Gui tried to explain. Mae Glin even looked at her grandmother with surprise.
“Ah she came with Yai Gui Khor Rab Taan Meun.” Nai Jerm said and grabbed the hoe and a spade in his hands.

Poodtaan looked around and looked at people around her with trance until forgot the pain.

“Who are you? Why are you putting on strange clothes? And the hair style too. Am I seeing ghosts? The last sentence she asked herself while seeing the picture in front of her.

Poodtaan looked up at the young man at the ditch which would be a mysterious foot that kicked her. He was wearing clothes similar to ancient Thai men but the fabric looked better than the others. When their eyes met, a strange feeling agitated her and flung to her heart. She felt like the time would stop. Strange familiarity caused her eyes full of wonder.

“Why are your words so strange? Well it is over. Let’s go home, P’ Jerm. Mae Gaew, Mae Prang would be about to come. Muen Maharit said. He put the khoi book into the chest and lifted it going back home.

“Wait! Where are you going?” Poodtaan brushed off the hands of the 2 servants and walked to the mound to catch his arm. Muen Maharit felt of a weak stream of something from the touch of the stranger. So turned to look and frowned.

“What are you doing? You are a woman. Why do you come to grab a guy. Aren't you shy? Let me go now. His voice was so intense that she had to release his arm before doing it again at once.

“Wait! Take the book back to me. You can't steal it. I will inform the Department of Fine Arts. She said and looked for her workers who were still around her at the moment and she had to be stunned. She looked at the tree, the ditch and the mound that she was not used to them. Her face became pale.

“Where are all workers? And where is it here? Where is Ruen Thai that used to be here? What a crazy is this? Poodtaan was confused.

“It looks like Yai’ Gui’s girl would be crazy. I’m sorry for shoving you so strong. I was frightened then. If you are sick because of me, send anyone to tell me at Praya Wisootsakorn’s house. Now I’m giving some Att (small change in Ayutthaya Era) to you if you need to buy some medicine. He handed the chest to Nai Jerm to hold it despite him having a hoe and a spade in his hands. He pulled a pouch from his waist and hand it one to her.

When he saw Poodtaan didn’t give her hands to receive the money so he held her hand up and put the money there.

His heart twitched a little when recognizing hot currents spread from the skin in the palm of his hand He looked up to see her face that was hidden under the cloth. He was stunned. Poodtaan felt the same. She startled so she pulled her hand back and looked at Att in her hand with the confused face.
“Let’s go P’Jerm.” Muen Maharit said.

“Wait! What about the book?” Poodtaan still would like to get the book back.

“This book is Mon Grit Sa Na Gali. It is a spell that has passed on our family. It is nothing to do with you.” That moment, if you don't think of snatching it from me, I wouldn't kick you to make you hurt like this. You put the cloth around your head and ears. How lucky that I didn't stab you with dagger.” Muen Maharit said.

“Mon Grit Sa Na Gali” this word made Poodtaan felt as if she was being hit in the brain. Besides, no matter what she heard, saw, words, clothes of the people and the changing environment in an instant, all could make her go crazy. She felt the world was going to darken again but this time it would do together with her consciousness.

Her body was swaying until Muen Maharit had to come quickly to hold her. The cloth around her head slipped down. Her hair was bundled with a stretchy cloth. From her appearance looked too flawless to be a villager around here and she was wearing a gold necklace with a locket. He felt the heat on her body so he called Yai Gui to take care of her. Yai Gui told her servants to take Poodtaan from the ditch towards to her.

Muen Maharit told Nai Jerm to put the cloth in the water and gave it to the servants of Yai Kui for wiping her face and body.

He told Yai Gui that he had to go back home because his brother and sisters would go back home today. He was out for a long time. His mother would be waiting.

“Jao Ka” Nang Gui said while using the cloth wiped her face.

“The deity asked me to put the care of her so she would not be a ghost.” Yai Gui murmured.

“I hope she would be alright? Muen Maharit said while looked at her.” She was more beautiful than any girl he had met. She looked like his mother but she was more shining because she was younger.

“Taan Muen Khor Rab.” Nai Jerm called him. “It is late afternoon now. Mae Ying Gaew and Mae Ying Prang would nearly get home.” Nai Jerm saw the way Muen Maharit was looking at the girl wearing strange clothes so he was suspicious and she looked like Mae Nai Garagade making him more suspicious than ever.

“Yeah, let’s go. He said and turned to say to Yai Gui “Please take care of her. I will come to see her again later. If she is sick and you would like me to help, please send a message to me.”

“Jao Ka Taan Muen.” Nang Gui gave her word and told her servants to take Poodtaan to her house.

“Yai, this girl was wearing strange clothes. She might be a forest ghost undercover. I think Yai’d better leave her here. Please don’t take her our home.” Mae Glin looked at the girl being carried like a pig with dissatisfaction.

“She is not a ghost. If she will be, she will be a deity.” Nang Gui said.

“Why her face looks like Khun Ying Garagade and she appeared like popping up in the air. Did you see that? Even Taan Muen had a strange attitude also. I have a presentiment that she would bring disaster to our house.”

“Why do I have to envy her? Yai knew what kind of person I am. But I don’t like her. Did you see her eyes before she passed out? She must be more dangerous than anyone else. She would bring us into trouble.”

“Don’t say nonsense. She hasn’t recovered yet. We don’t know how her temperament is.”

“But Yai..”

Mae Glin could do only to swallow her cursing for that girl down to the throat. She didn’t understand herself why she hated that girl very much. In hate there was fear also. She felt like that the girl had some power that might make her calm life collapse easily.

P.S. If you observe the pronouns in this story they were changed depending on social status of the speaker and listener.

Khun Ying Jumpa called persons in their family

Date = Por Date,
Garagade = Mae Garagade
Rueng = Por Rueang,
Rit = Por rit
Gaew = Mae Gaew
Prang = Mae Prang

Nai Jerm called them:

Date (Praya Wisootsakorn) = Taan Praya
Garagade = Mae Nai Garagade
Muen Maharit = Taan Meun
Muen Rueang = Taan Meun
Mae Gaew = Mae Ying Gaew (Ying = female, girl, woman)
Mae Prang = Mae Ying Prang

Persons outside the family, a merchant, Nang Gui :

Muen Maharit = Taan Meun
Taan = you, he, she, him, her, they, them (call with respect)

Sometimes Pronoun is changed according to the temper of the speaker. :

Yai Guil called her niece “Mae Glin (แม่กลิ่น)”
“Be Quiet Mae Glin.”

When she was unsatisfied she called her “Nang Glin (นังกลิ่น)”

When she was angry she called her “Ee Glin (อีกลิ่น)”

***** The word Nang/นาง (Gui) and Nang/นัง (Glin) when we write in English it is spelled the same but in the Thai language They are different in pronunciation.

Nang = นาง = Mrs., woman
Nang = นัง = a derogatory version of นาง placed in front of a name showing disapproval (Pronunciation is shorter)
Oh lovely, our dear @Amata !!!! Thank you for this!! You've captured the translation so elaborately it's helpful reading for us who's been waiting; I'm in chills haha it'll be just as romantic!

bit

sarNie Adult
I’m going to say this drama will be save by the acting of the actors in it, most of them are good actors. Direction and script provably will be mediocore. What they can do is hire good OST director.

Pope and Bell probably have a lot of staring contest. Lucky enough their eyes can speak volumes.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
There’s a post of the three nang rai. Which one do you think the most evil of all? Lol
http://instagr.am/p/Byl2wjTpj-R/
After I saw Mae Karakade I don't think anyone could beat her! It's the extreme ends of beauty & wretched evilness! She's very beautiful - much much more beautiful than Kadesurang who's actually quite mild looking in comparison but that aura of darkness & cruelty is purely the devil. She beating up the servants in one thing but to act innocent "oh no! How could that be?!" after she has maliciousness drowned their neighbour's poor maid is just horrible.

MissPK

Got Phet?! ❤
There’s a post of the three nang rai. Which one do you think the most evil of all? Lol
http://instagr.am/p/Byl2wjTpj-R/
Lol I would say our Mae Ying Karakade was the most evil. She was just cruel to everyone around her, even the people that loved her!

Thienkam was because Kalin when back for revenge lol I'm not saying what Kalin did was right, but she has her reasons to treat everyone like crap.

& I haven't really watched the one with Yaya, so idk that character yet.