[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Discussion in '2018' started by Cookie_King1970, Jan 5, 2012.

1. phatman

phatman POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

Hey. . . . .I only like her personality OFFSCREEN. . . hahha.

I skimmed through the first two episodes until subs came out. Haha. Makes me a better fan than you! Muahaha

Confession: I actually watched BPS for Mr. PJ. . . . . . but y'all know what happened.

Haha. Been busy with the holidays and just life. I've actually been in Kdrama land, but like nothing has really captured me like BPS .

I don't think there's such a thing as auditioning in Thai lakorn world. They get offered the role and if they like it they accept it. But that's just my speculation.

2. bit

bit sarNie Hatchling

Well thats explain some lacklustre acting from some actors I’ve seen, it’s like they don’t want to there but had to do it for meal tickets.

In that case Thai lakorn will forever be stuck, not able to go forward and conquer like Kdrama.

Do the producers and directors have a say?

Fikachu, June31sg, Rachfull and 2 others like this.
  3. phatman

phatman POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

Yup. That's exactly why they aren't going anywhere.

I think the senior producers get a choice, but the rookie producers don't. They typically get what the channel higher ups give them.

Fikachu, MissPK, DaoRisa and 2 others like this.
  4. Rachfull

Rachfull Pope's #1 Mia RAK

Nah, let her go. Then I can have สามี all to myself!!! :p

Fikachu, MissPK and phatman like this.
  5. Rachfull

Most Thai actors/actresses are contracted through the channel. They are approached with scripts, and they decide whether or not to accept. Sometimes the channel will force them to pull out of a project to fulfill other commitments, silence complaining fans, etc. TV shows don't usually cast by people holding auditions, although some have. That's how Pope got his first few movie roles, I think.

Yes, it does seem a little strange. However, during the Golden Age of Hollywood, actors and actresses were contracted through filmmaking companies (Warner Bros, etc.). The US has moved away from that during the modern era, allowing entertainers to operate on a much more freelance basis. So it's not so much a Thai way of doing things as an old-fashioned way.

I agree though, I think the channels often overlook talent because they cast the same people over and over, regardless if there's someone who might be better for the role. It took Pope this long to get his big break, and it certainly wasn't because ch 3's been helping his career.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Fikachu, MissPK, phatman and 2 others like this.
  6. Rachfull

I've already professed my love to Pope in case he does read this thread. So at least that's taken care of :thumbup:

Fikachu, Rosi4, phatman and 3 others like this.
  7. Rachfull

Um excuse me I never said I DIDN'T watch those episodes, just that I found them repetitive :fighting3:

8. Rachfull

They usually do, unless said directors/producers are also contracted with the channel. Then they have to choose actors within the channel or freelance. Nong Arunosha did cast Pope and Bella for BPS. Since Broadcast Thai mostly works with ch 3 though, she chose from within the channel.

My favorite Thai director (not that I know very many) is Sarasawadee Wongsompetch. She works mostly freelance, and always produces beautiful movies and lakorns. She chooses the actors for her movies and lakorns herself and usually chooses inexperienced actors who still act very well under the right direction.

9. Rachfull

Not to mention the crappy writing... even I could write better lakorns than that, and I'm not even Thai!!

10. bit

bit sarNie Hatchling

Well I’m still baffled at how Thai lakorn can mess up even remake of popular drama. All the ingredients are there yet they manage to butchered the execution. Thai drama editor and script writers are really something else. They know what is wrong the first time, why not try to make it better?

Fikachu, phatman and Rachfull like this.
  11. MKfan132

MKfan132 sarNie Granny

Thanks for the pictures and gifs :).

Fikachu likes this.
  12. June31sg

June31sg sarNie Hatchling

I simply love this scene :icon12::icon12: Khun P asked Karagade if she likes the jewelries she wore on her wedding and she said "no", and ta ta.... he sneaked the ruby chain behind:icon12::icon12:

13. June31sg

Oh yes!!! The "Fan-Dee" was so unexpected, it not only gave her the chills, it also left us squealing with delight... he is really falling in love with her at this point :icon12::icon12:

Fikachu, MissPK, Starsapphire and 5 others like this.
  14. June31sg

Welcome @bit.... as you can see, I am quite a newbie here too! But I really love this thread and the warmth of all the ladies. Aren't you amused at all their "fighting", trying to get a piece of Khun P; keeping him in their backyards?

Fikachu, MissPK, Starsapphire and 5 others like this.
  15. lamchieu

lamchieu sarNie Adult

You still CAN'T :celebrate16::celebrate16::celebrate16:

16. lamchieu

lamchieu sarNie Adult

Just noticed your new profile pic, where did you get it? So hilarious, I like :thumbup::thumbup:

Fikachu, MissPK and phatman like this.
  17. June31sg

Hehehe....I was already sold in epi 1, when Khun P was watching the cock fight in his backyard(?) and the evil Karagade said to Pin & Yem that she will definitely make him hers. His is so handsome & exuding with masculinity, being shirtless :coleman:

Fikachu, MissPK, Starsapphire and 3 others like this.
  18. bit

bit sarNie Hatchling

They can keep Khun P, I’m more of Bella fan. That girl got talent.

Fikachu, MissPK, phatman and 2 others like this.
  19. lamchieu

lamchieu sarNie Adult

Same here. I was sold right at the beginning and solely for Pope :thumbup::thumbup: After that, no one came close to take his place :nut::nut:

Fikachu, MissPK, Starsapphire and 2 others like this.
  20. June31sg

Well, I took a screenshot from YouTube and saved it in my Hp. Let me figure out how to post it here :facepalm: on a side note, isn't the crown so befitting of him?

Fikachu, phatman and Rachfull like this.