[Ch3] Abb Ruk Online (Thong Entertainment)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I. Am. Satisfied. 

Of course, as fans, we always want more (including myself), but this is more than enough.  This lakorn is definitely different in so many ways.  I have learned to love almost all the characters…laugh with them, cry with them, go crazy with them, get frustrated with them, yelled at them, threatened them etc.  I can definitely point out a few flaws here & there, but the pros easily kicked them to the curb. 

The 2 female leads were equally amazing.  Boss was great from the beginning.  Non really brought his game towards the end.  He made me reeeeeally sad once & actually made me teary once.  I think that super hot kiss he gave Prao in Germany made up for his lack of character throughout the drama.  

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
EP15 THOUGHTS (typing as I watch, haha):
- I wonder if they made Boss get shot and unable to make it to the wedding because Peter couldn't actually be present during the filming. HAHA. Because the wedding scene was filmed before we saw pics of Peter all bloody. 
- SIGH...I'm not convinced that Saya is in love with Boss. She's still so hung up on Non longing for Praao. She was drinking, not because Boss wasn't there, but because she was thinking about Non and Praao!!! 
- The wedding scene got me laughing out loud. I wasn't laughing at the slapstick comedy the supporting crew performed, I was laughing at the all-of-a-sudden wind and the MK fall. Was it really necessary??? Haha.  
- WTFudge. Anne obviously wanted to kiss Mark. HAHA. That kiss was totally unnecessary. Saya and Non do not deserve Boss and Praao at all. 
- I really don't like Anne's makeup in here, her face is white as....
- Wow really? You know who you like??? You know now that you love Boss, Saya? How do you know? Because you thought about Non and Praao's conversation not because you thought of your lovely Boss??? I'm even more upset now.
- Dating and breaking up is such an easy thing to do for the writers. It's not a game ya'll. You can't just say you're bf/gf with another person easily and break up as easily. 
- Why is it Non the one initiating BossSaya's reconciliation?????? His character should not be that important. Urgh. I'm so mad.
- What's the point in Saya quitting?? 
- Why are they focusing so much on Non?! I really can't stand him anymore. REALLY!!! URGH. I'm 50 mins in and all I see is Mark. I mean Non. Non, Non, Non. URGH. This is frustrating I tell ya!
- Why is Non the middle man?? It's too late to give us MP... I want Saya to chase after Boss, because this makes Boss very desperate for Saya's love. URGH. I'm frustrated with these writers! I do like the cartoon version of Peter though, it's cute. 
- OMG I really just want this to end right now. I can't watch the lingering-ness for long. BossSaya's secret texting is cute, but it's too late for that too! Oey...why couldn't they add that a little earlier on.
- Okay, so Saya didn't know that the one she was chatting with was Boss? Okay, that just makes Saya look even more despicable. Who was she expecting go meet if she didn't have Boss in mind??
- And they blocked the kiss. Haha. I knew that was coming. Too many kisses in this lakorn will get Anne in trouble.
- SIGH...so AP is the second lead. Very upsetting. I quit. I can't stand this anymore. I'm not even gonna waste my time watching the very end...I've already wasted so much!!!

heart__mk

sarNie Egg
I fully agree with you Nangfah11. It's a golden lakorn year for Kimmy & Mark! Soon Kimmy will be on air again with Ananda -> Mark with Patricia -> Kimmy with Boy -> Mark with Yaya -> Kimmy with James Ma. What a line up these two have coming! :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

Meoconie

sarNie Adult
serena_ngo said:

Kill me now! I replay these two scenes nearly 100 times. I must be insane :woot2: :woot: :dance1: :dance2:
What did lakorns do to me? Why only 1 second kiss scenes can made me over-excited and hyped-up like that. I used to watch dramas from Korea, China, Taiwan, Hongkong, USA ....but not many kiss scenes can give me butterflies in my stomach like lakorns, esp from Ann's lakorn and MK. I'm glad that among those koojins, MK is always has real kisses.
There are many things to say abt last ep but I think I will wait for the sub-version to understanf more before comment to it.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
FINAL REVIEW

The Skinny: Interesting story. Promising start. Dragged episodes. Rushed ending. Wasted extension. That's pretty much what ARO entails. As an AP fan AND a general lakorn fan, this show is pretty much a disappointment. I got so frustrated with the finale that I didn't even bother to watch the very last quarter of it. I'm feeling so frustrated that I can go on and on and on and on about the wrongs of this lakorn right now.

The Storyline: A woman falls in love with a man, and to conceal the fact that she's his supervisor and much older than him, creates an alias by the name of 'abruk' to court him. Great. It's a very interesting and refreshing storyline in the lakorn world, where raeng slap/kiss genre's prevail. The potential it has in becoming a great lakorn is very high. I anticipated this lakorn for it's fresh storyline and for the fact that Anne and Peter were coupling for the first time, despite sharing the screen with another popular couple, MK. The beginning episodes introduces the characters and plot very well, and gives us a different feel and view on romance. However, somewhere towards the middle things just starts falling apart. Perhaps a change in writers? Perhaps the lack of substance to keep the lakorn going? Whatever the reason, the story loses its flow and becomes more and more uninteresting; scenes drag, characters disappear, and the story develops ever so slowly. The whole middle portion of ARO is pretty much fan service. Lots and lots of intimate MK scenes and lots of intimate AP scenes. Very few of which are necessary. The disappointment here is not only in the direction the writers took, but in the focus of the plot. The story changes from revolving around Saya to focusing on Non. Non is an important character, but he's not important enough to be the focus of everything. This here is my biggest issue and is where I fallout with the interesting storyline. 

The Characters: Everyone did their part portraying their respective characters. Anne's awesome as Saya like she alway is, Peter's hot as Boss, Kim's great as Praao and Mark's okay as Non. 

Anne rocks as Saya. When she immerses in a character she delivers 100%, and she's the reason why I even started this lakorn. Anyway, Saya is the nang'ek in her 30's who happens to fall for Non who is in his 20's. This isn't something everyday lakorn possesses. The writers give us a good look into her romantic struggles as the old-fashioned, straightforward supervisor who's in love with her young subordinate. Although she's strong and stern at work, when it comes to love she's cowardly and very weak. Very complex and very developable, just the kind of character everyone looks forward to. Which is why it's very unfortunate that she's been cast aside as a side character. Her character is the least developed character. The writers fail to show us Saya's progression from being infatuated with Non to actually falling for Boss. Once or twice in the lakorn we see her questioning her feelings for boss, but not once did they show her genuinely feeling something for Boss. This is why I'm not convinced she's truly in for a long stable relationship with Boss, and the blame goes to none other than the writers.

Peter is the hottest boss ever. He gives Lip, aka Boss, an umph of Peter which makes Lip unique and unlike the CEO pra'eks we typically see. He's a player who loves having fun with girls, but on the inside has always loved one gal, Saya. The gal who stood by him when he created Narakorn Company, the gal who he shares quite a relationship with beyond boss and subordinate. It seems as though Lip is not important to the storyline and there is in fact a truth to it, he's more like the second male lead who gets to see his love romance another man. However because he's the man our female lead will end up with he gets more substance, and the writers do a good job at exploring his personality and giving us a strong male lead. He's so perfectly written that it's frustrating. He gives, gives and just gives. Not once is he mad at Saya or upset that Saya isn't reciprocating his love. I, for one, would LOVE to see him walk away from Saya to let Saya realize she's losing someone very important. His love for her seems almost too good to be true. Even his happy ending was too easily written. The only flaw is his lack of screen time. I have a feeling it's due to his hectic schedule as a music artist, but still his limited screen time makes him feel even more like part of the supporting cast.  

Kim is great as Praao. She's got this feisty appeal that is perfect for bringing out the sassiness in Praao. Praao is arrogant, but proud and willful. All she wants to do is succeed and be appreciated for working hard and doing a great job as a marketer. She doesn't get it from her family and gets it from Non. Which the writers do a great job in showing progress. She's quite the complex character, and in my opinion the most developed character in the lakorn. She starts off rude and slowly fades into this less arrogant lady simply due to love. She makes a few mistakes, but learns from it and corrects it. I hated her character towards the middle, but she redeemed herself and I gotta give the writers credit for at least doing one thing right.

Mark did good as Non. His acting doesn't appeal to me, but he's tolerable. Non is the boy who's crushed on by Saya and everyone else, literally everyone, old and young. I really don't see the charm in Non, but I guess everyone likes him because he's nice and very gentle. I can see the gentleness in Non that everyone loves, but in terms of appearance, I think the writers may be a bit overboard with that. He's more like the side-character that the lead gal crushes on, but instead he gets the spotlight in the lakorn. Even he gets the first slot in the opening credits. He's the reason 'abruk' exists, but nonetheless should remain the second male lead. It doesn't make sense that he's the main focus. Which is why I feel his character is overwritten. 

The Overview: This is a lakorn that could've. It started off soo good. I'm still depressed over it. I do like the fact that they explore internet love and show us how unrealistic and fake it is though. Love the person you're yourself with and most happy with. When you have to create a fake name to court someone that's not real love. The writers make a good point in the lakorn, but in the end...it's still a horrible lakorn.

Rating: 3/10. Two points for giving us AP and one point for give us a fresh storyline. SIGH...the disappointment. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
jeanie1 said:

I don't think that's quite fair to Lip. Being a player doesn't make a guy a bad person or a bad boyfriend. He's a player, not a cheater. There's a difference. He never really committed to anyone before and that's fine. But once he's committed it's different. We see that. As soon as Lip knew he loved Saya he didn't mess with anyone else since the story started. He's proven himself already to Saya. He didn't say anything when he found out about Abb Rak. He helped her with her Granny. He never judged her. When is Saya going to prove herself?

And Saya's story was not about trusting Lip or not. It would've been better if it was that she was attracted to Lip but couldn't trust him and was fighting that attraction. But that's not the story. The story is Saya was infatuated with Non  and didn't realize what was in front of her. I'm not saying Saya is wrong or has to love Lip either. But we know in the end Saya/Lip end up together. The development should've been better. 

Instead it felt like their story is like other typical supporting couples where all throughout the lakorn they spend their time in love with the main p'ek/n'ek and in the ending episode they all of a sudden fell in love. Saya spent 90% of the lakorn thinking she was in love with Non. I think both Lip and Saya deserve better than that.

Amen!

ceda_lee said:
:lmao3: Phatman, although I disagree with almost all of your comments, they are pretty damn hilarious.  

I'm sorry, I was just soo upset. I did not enjoy the finale at all. HAHA. I really tried to I really did, but I just couldn't. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm ready for Luerd Mungkorn Series. To heck with ARO. HAHA. I'm sorry Anne, I love you and your production, and love your awesome chemi with Peter, but this lakorn just isn't up to par. I'm gonna have to say goodbye my dear.......for now. :ghehe:

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
@Nangfah Please be respectful of others' opinions. Sweet_JJ didn't even insult Mark, she was just giving her critique/analysis on his character. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But there's no need to call her "mean", "brainless" and say that her comments are "useless". Sweet_JJ didn't even critique Mark's character as harshly as you critiqued Peter's and Anne's, even going as far as to say that their characters were useless. All she said was that Non had some flaws, as did every other character in this lakorn.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. There's no need to get so hostile and attack others when it was just a simple comment. No one was bashing or putting down Mark, nor his character. Please be more respectful.

Also, please don't bring Peter and Anne's career into this. There is absolutely no need to bring down Peter and Anne and say that they don't have any projects after this, while Mark and Kim do. In fact, if you didn't already know Peter already has one other lakorn that already had its fitting. Anne is focusing on producing now, but I bet you if she wasn't, she'd be getting lakorn offers left and right. Mark and Kim are both actors in demand too.

Some people are just upset that this lakorn didn't focus enough on Peter and Anne, and I understand them. If my favorite actor/actress was supposedly the "nang'ek" or "pra'ek" in a lakorn, yet they had less screen time than the "supporting couple" or "second leads", I'd be upset too. Just let them rant. You and I should be happy that MK had the amount of screen time they had. Just keep in mind that these people who are upset about the lack of Peter/Anne scenes aren't necessarily haters of Mark and Kim. Don't take everything they say to the heart. They're just talking about the lakorn itself and the characters in it, not the actors.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
phatman said:
I'm ready for Luerd Mungkorn Series. To heck with ARO. HAHA. I'm sorry Anne, I love you and your production, and love your awesome chemi with Peter, but this lakorn just isn't up to par. I'm gonna have to say goodbye my dear.......for now. :ghehe:
Thanks Phatman for giving us a detail review. I was gonna give this a try, but I'll have to pass after reading your review. Save me some time...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Koy123 said:
Thanks Phatman for giving us a detail review. I was gonna give this a try, but I'll have to pass after reading your review. Save me some time...

You're welcome. I'm not sorry for giving it a bad review, but I am sorry if I've turned you away from what others think is an awesome lakorn. Hehe. If you're like me, then you'll waste time, but if you enjoy lovey dovey scenes without taking into account the actual quality of the lakorn, then watch away. Hehe.  :ghehe:

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
@nangfah What I'm seeing is that Sweet_JJ stated her opinion in a mature and respectful way. Maybe you didn't read it clearly? She specifically said, "Pranon is a typical gentleman. He's sincere, loving and caring. He was dumb and stupid at times, but hey...everyone has flaws right?" So where do you see her blatantly putting down Mark or his character? Maybe you missed that she also listed the good things about his character.

As for what Sweet_JJ said in regards to Mark in Germany, she was actually speaking of what her friend thought of when meeting Mark in person. How do you know that's how SHE personally feels about Mark? And even if that was how she feels about Mark, it's her right to feel that way. You seem to feel pretty negatively about other actors besides Mark and Kim too...and it's your right to feel that way. But when you openly express those negative feelings, don't expect no one to comment back. As far as I've seen, Sweet_JJ hasn't said anything negative about Mark on this thread.

I'm a fan of Kim, and I'm not a fan of Mark, but I don't dislike him either. I'm neutral towards him as an actor. I wasn't offended by what Sweet_JJ said about his character, because again, it was simply a critique.

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said, "The other casts from this lakorn are still empty handed with almost no lakorn to film. LMAO! HILARIOUS! WHO'S BOSS? WHO'S HOT?" You know who you're referring to in these comments. I rest my case.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
phatman said:

You're welcome. I'm not sorry for giving it a bad review, but I am sorry if I've turned you away from what others think is an awesome lakorn. Hehe. If you're like me, then you'll waste time, but if you enjoy lovey dovey scenes without taking into account the actual quality of the lakorn, then watch away. Hehe.  :ghehe:
Haha... Don't be. I've watched too many lakorns in my teen years and I know what I like or not. You're saving me time. I hardly finished any lakorn I started anyway. I usually find myself enjoying under rated lakorns more. I enjoy reading yours and others comments more. I just think its better than the lakorn itself. Lol

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Anonymous95 said:
@Nangfah Please be respectful of others' opinions. Sweet_JJ didn't even insult Mark, she was just giving her critique/analysis on his character. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But there's no need to call her "mean", "brainless" and say that her comments are "useless". Sweet_JJ didn't even critique Mark's character as harshly as you critiqued Peter's and Anne's, even going as far as to say that their characters were useless. All she said was that Non had some flaws, as did every other character in this lakorn.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. There's no need to get so hostile and attack others when it was just a simple comment. No one was bashing or putting down Mark, nor his character. Please be more respectful.

Also, please don't bring Peter and Anne's career into this. There is absolutely no need to bring down Peter and Anne and say that they don't have any projects after this, while Mark and Kim do. In fact, if you didn't know Peter already has one lakorn that already had its fitting. Anne is focusing on producing now, but I bet you if she wasn't, she'd be getting lakorn offerings left and right. Mark and Kim are both actors in demand too, for their generation.

Some people are just upset that this lakorn didn't focus enough on Peter and Anne, and I understand them. If my favorite actor/actress was supposedly the "nang'ek" or "pra'ek" in a lakorn, yet they had less screen time than the "supporting couple", I'd be upset too. Just let them rant. You and I should be happy that MK had the amount of screen time they had. Just keep in mind that the people who are upset about the lack of Peter/Anne scenes aren't necessarily haters of Mark and Kim. Don't take everything they say to heart. They're just talking about the lakorn and the characters in it, not the actors themselves.

Yes, I am mad! AHAHA, thank you for understanding Anonymous. I'm so mad that even though I told myself to move onto MLMS, I'm still here ranting! Haha. And yes a part of my frustration has to do with AP's little screen time together, but that's not the main reason for my frustration :coverlaf: . 

Meoconie

sarNie Adult
phatman said:

Yes, I am mad! AHAHA, thank you for understanding Anonymous. I'm so mad that even though I told myself to move onto MLMS, I'm still here ranting! Haha. And yes a part of my frustration has to do with AP's little screen time together, but that's not the main reason for my frustration :coverlaf: .  
LOL Phatman, you move on so quick. I just saw your ARO's siggie just few minute and now change to MLM^^

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Koy123 said:
Haha... Don't be. I've watched too many lakorns in my teen years and I know what I like or not. You're saving me time. I hardly finished any lakorn I started anyway. I usually find myself enjoying under rated lakorns more. I enjoy reading yours and others comments more. I just think its better than the lakorn itself. Lol

Haha. Me too. I feel like lakorns with underrated actors/actresses actually have better written storylines, and some not-so-good actors/actresses have even better storylines; it's just they're not good actors/actresses themselves. HEHE. I'm glad you enjoy my comments, even though I may sound very fussy at times. :ghehe:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Meoconie said:
LOL Phatman, you move on so quick. I just saw your ARO's siggie just few minute and now change to MLM^^

*SIGH* YES, I planned to keep it until MLMS airs, but I don't want to remind myself of the time I wasted on ARO so I decided to change it to brighten my mood. HAHA. I really liked my last siggie though, so it was a difficult
decision. 

And see I'm still here, even though I told myself to go away!!! HAHA.