Cashing Moneyorder

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
Ok, I have a bad moneyorder experience once and it didn't go so well until one day in a long time. And now I have a person who is buying an item from me and wants to pay by post office moneyorder, not Western Union moneyorder. The question is can I cash a Post office moneyorder at any bank even though I dont have an account with them? Or can I cash the P.O. Moneyorder at any liquor store that cash checks?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
From my own experience I was able to deposit mines into a bank account, I was also able to cash it at the Post Office make sure you have your ID. Cash Checking Place should also cash them too. I was also able to cash one once at Walmart. Those are my experiences hope it helps!

But I'm not sure how it'll work anywhere else >.<

cecilia

Staff member
From my banking experience at the bank, you can't cash a post office money order unless you have a checking or saving account .. reason being that if the check doesn't work, they can always deduct from your checking/saving acct to replace the cashed check. Other route is to deposit into your bank account like tina said.

as for cashing elsewhere -- your best bet is to cash it at the place where they get the check from .. let's say if they got it from post office, cash it at the post office or cash it in the bank stated on the check.

I know that wal-mart cash employer checks for a 3 dollars fee but for money order -- i'm not sure, maybe ask your local walmart store b/c each one has their own set of rules.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I call the post office and they told me they do cash post office moneyorders :rolleyes: . Thanks for help and advice Tina and cecilia.