Car Woes!!!

vina_lek

HoLa everyone! I need some advice...PLEASE!

I have a 2002 Landrover Freelander(not worth the price. Don't buy one! agh haha!). The warranty expired a few months ago, & now the transmission needs to be replaced. Well, that's what the autobody shop said. Tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to get it confirmed that the problem is the transmission. Here's the sadness -- the transmission alone is about $5,500!!! :wacko: The price excludes labor, taxes, & whatever other charges that could be applied. I was looking online for transmissions, but the only site I found was for used transmissions, & they guarantee only 90 days. After I get the car fixed, I'm thinking about trading it in.

Any advice as to where I can find some inexpensive transmissions for this car versus from the dealer? I've been doing searches but haven't come up w/ anything but the used transmission site I referred to earlier. If I purchase from them, would I still get a good value for trading in my car? Clueless girl here & kind of sad, too. Could someone help please.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
I dont know much, but dealers charge sooo much more than them other individual business people start up on there own. Why not try get some quotes from other places rather then the dealer itself, try bring a friend who knows what to discuss with price issues and car problems. sorry I cant help, but I know one thing!
where your from, theres always a forum about honda, toyota etc, or even landrover freelanders most likely, just check for it in google.com type in your car model and forum and possibly your location, etc america, australia, hopefully a forum will pop up and you may ask them and they would most likely direct you in the right direction or even possibly offer to fix it if they are mechanics and etc.... =)