Car Accidents and Insurance Companies

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Okie so my mom just got into a little car accident. She was driving home from going to the store and was following a taxi van from behind. All of a sudden the driver in front stopped and backed up. My mom said he backed up pretty quickly and hit her front bumper. I wasn't there and my mom didn't speak english, So they came to the house and I took down his information and gave my mom's information to him. The dude is a taxi driver and so he called his manager. I called the insurance company to report it because my front bumper was pushed in a bit and so I kinda want to get it fixed (Don't forget this is my car). The manager lefted me a message asking me not to call the insurance company and that they wanted to handle it themselves without getting the insurance involved, since they know that it's their fault because the driver admitted fault to it. I kinda want to have it that way too..because Ill be pretty busy nowadays and I don't have time to deal with all this insurance crap. But my mom says that her back and chest kinda hurts (She's pretty old, 66 years old so yeah, I don't think she's lying...you guys know how asian parents are with car accident's) But yeah what do you guys think I should do. Handle it with the manager or report it (Though I already reported it, maybe I can close the case). I'm so clueless with all this crap....someone help me.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
Your mom seem hurt I think you should deal with the insurance company eventhough it a hassle sometimes it better to do it the right way. They say they will take care of it when they really don't.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I wouldn't close the case. The company will just twist words and probably won't end up paying you. This teenager made a uturn once and hit my dad's car. We called the police like we're supposed to, but the police officer said the damages weren't going to cost over 300 dollars, so he decided not to write a report. We went and told our insurance company. But, then the teenager's mom went and told their insurance company that it wasn't her son's fault and we had no report of it because of that police officer. We ended up paying the deductable to fix the car and it was more than 300 dollars to fix.

Also, last fall my dad was in the parking lot at work and this guy came up to the window and told my dad that my dad backed up into his car. My dad said that he didn't because the guy waited 15 minutes before even coming over and truck was not even close to his car. The guy got mad and my dad told him to go get the security. Both didn't speak english very well. So, the guy didn't go get the security people to write a report on it, so they just went into work. The guy came over to ask for my dad's insurance info the next day, but my dad told the guy no because he didn't do anything wrong. Eventually, the guy reported it to his insurance company and my dad went into his insurance company to explain to them that the guy was accusing him of something he didn't do. So, we called the guy's insurance company (and the lady was rude because we kept telling her that my dad didn't hit the guy) then we talked to our insurance company and we reported the exact same way. They had an investigator go to look at his car and my dad's truck, and my dad turned out to not be at fault!

So, what I'm telling you, is never trust anyone that tells you to keep the insurance company out of things. Especially if your mom is hurt because if you close it, and if something really is wrong, the case would be closed and you're going to have to pay out your own pocket, or insurace or medicare.

don't close it yet. it's likely the people don't want to get insurance involved, b/c their insurance will go up and so prefer to deal with you directly or they could be scamming you. so don't close it yet.

if your mom has medical insurance, go get a check up and tell the doc. what happened exactly so that they can run the appropriate test can be done. and if your mom is ok, then fine. if not, you will have to involve the insurance company no matter what.

get your car checked out, and get a quote for how much it's going to cost to fix. show the people the quote. if they don't pay up immediately, involve your insurance right away. don't let them give you the run around. most likely, they're not going to take responsibility anyway if they do.

goodluck. i hope your mom is okay.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Thanks for all the input you guys....the accident isn't that big...my front bumper is just pushed in and there are white scratches on the bumber...but agian yeah the only thing that i'm concerned about is for my mother. Im afraid I will make the wrong decision. I don't want to close the case and have to open it up agian due to my mothers back and it will be more complicated. I wished everything would have just been fine with her and she could just tell mee that she's fine...and ill just have the taxi company fix my car and it will all be done with. I guess ill leave it to the insurance company and take my mom to the chiropractor. My sister said for me to call a lawyer if i don't want to handle it...and with a lawyer my mother might get some money for her back and chest and whatever.