Can u be a mother when u have only 11 years old?

Man got 11-year-old pregnant

A FRENCH court has convicted a young man of having sex with an 11-year-old girl, who became pregnant, but threw out allegations from her family that he had raped the child.

The court in northern France handed the man an eight-month suspended jail sentence, angering the family, who said the girl was not old enough to understand about sex.

“I don't think a feeling of being in love can go as far as to be having a consensual sexual relationship when one is 11 years old,” the family's lawyer Bachira Hamani said.

The corpulent girl hid her pregnancy from her parents who only learned about it when she was admitted to hospital complaining about stomach pains shortly before giving birth in March 2006.

The man, who was 18 years old at the time, said he had had a sexual relationship with the girl in 2005 before leaving his home in northern France to join the army. His lawyer said the man would assume his parental responsibilities.

The court convicted the young man, a friend of the girl's family, of having had sex with a minor under the age of 15 and ordered him to pay €5000 ($6500) in damages to the girl.
well compare to the girl in Columbia ( who have 2 babies at only 11 years old) or the one in Great Britain ..her story is nothing..but have a baby at 11 years old ?!!! it's just :wacko:

A girl is to become Britain's youngest mother after becoming pregnant at 11.

The girl smokes 20 cigarettes a day despite being eight months' pregnant. She conceived aged 11 when she lost her virginity to a boy of 15 on a drunken night out with friends.

The 15-year-old has since been charged with rape by police, and is due to appear again at Edinburgh sheriff court on July 10.

Her 34-year-old mother, who gave birth to her youngest child eight months ago, said she was 'proud' of her daughter.

She will be 12 years and 8 months when she has the child next month. Jenny Teague, Britain's youngest mother until now, was a month older when she gave birth in 1997.

How can we best tackle this problem? Tell us in reader comments below

The youngster, who lives near Edinburgh, says looking after her younger brothers has prepared her for motherhood.

But the girl admits she "panics and cries" when babies are unwell and does not feel able to bathe them.

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August.

'Excited'

She told the Sun: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

"I can't wait to take the baby swimming and out for walks in the pram. I think I'll be able to cope as I've had lots of practice looking after my brothers.

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

"It's good to know I'll have my mum here to help me if I need her."

Concerned she might be pregnant, the girl visited a GP three times but tests proved negative. She learned the truth after buying a home-testing kit from a supermarket.

After the device displayed two blue lines, indicating she was pregnant, she pleaded with a female relative to break the news to her mother. The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too.

"I knew straight away that I couldn't have an abortion because that's something I don't believe in.

"I was upset and so was my mum, especially as she'd just had my wee brother. We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room and running away to a friend's.

"It was really hard but it's brought me and my mum closer, which is good. I knew my mum would stand by me no matter what, but I told her straight away I was going to keep the baby.

"The social worker suggested I got rid of it but I'd never do that."

Smoking at nine

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child.

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy."

The girl, whose parents split up several years ago, said she would like a baby boy - and may call him Leo.

She is currently being educated at a local community centre but knows she must return to school.

She told the Sun: "My mum has said she will look after the baby so I can go to school. I don't know what I want to do with my life when I leave. I used to want to be a nursery nurse, but now I'm not so sure."

'Proud of my daughter'

Her mum said: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping the baby.

"I know she's worried what other people will say but she can walk out there with her head held high.

"At first I wasn't too happy about becoming a gran. But now I'm used to the idea. I'm really looking forward to having another baby in the house."

The Scottish Conservatives has called for society and families to unite to change attitudes towards sex following the news.
All that things is insane..but well it's their problem..i just want to khnow if ppl think that we can be a mother at only 11 years old?

i mean a model and a support for the child who come?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
wah ??? wow these girls must be very developed LOL cause i mean most girls don't start their menstrual cycles untill they are like at least 13 ... lol i mean me i started mines at like 15.. thats just crazy 11???? wah?? lol but wow the other countries don't punish as hard as they do in america .. lol in america you would get a way longer sentence for sure .. lol looking at about 8 to life..

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Yep, girls can start their menstrual cycles that early. Scary thought actually with all of what youngsters are trying out today. In that first article where the parents and whoever are saying that the 11 year old isnt old enough to understand about sex...uhhh...wrong! Even as preschoolers, kids begin to be curious about their body and with the open influence of peers, parents and the media nowadays, by 11 years of age, kids know fosure there's this thing called sex. That girl in the second article though....whoaa....smoking and drinking already. It's good that she's still being educated [at the community centre] but alot of it, I blame on the parents. It's good that her mom isnt taking it so far as to disown her own daughter but she shouldnt sit there and act as if there's nothing wrong. Growing up, youngsters' are most influenced by their parents/family, believe it or not, and with the mom's positive attitude about having children [whether it be her daughter having children or herself having children seeing that she has younger boys in the house] I hope that doesnt influence the girl in a way that encourages her to repeat this situation.

I wonder how mother and child are doing for both situations.

darvil

sarNie Adult
looking at the girls on SW and seeing how immature they are (Lili for example), it would not be a good thing at all. :wacko:

ChenrukNote

Goddess
OMG! that is horrible. i dunno girls these days.............I am just glad I am not one of them. Freaken smoking 20 cigarettes a day that's crazy, she will not live long to see her child grow old. But having sex at age 11 omg? what the hell is wrong with these children they are not even teens yet. It makes me proud to be a virgin!!! :lol: :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
dude seriously at 11 years old what are they thinking? but then again you can't always blame them.. some kids dunno whats whats, but some do .. and umms I dunno weird stuffs .. lol I didn't seem to think that girls can hit puberty at such a young age muahah LOL .. and man sex at 11 is like really tsk tsk... LOL hahha I don't even hold hands or hug well .. not literally, but man I have never thought ab sex LOL and im 18 -____- but eh im a lil immature

Nameless

N i n j a
haha no. you can get pregnant, but that doesn't mean you're a mother.

XCappy

Mr. Char
It's too insane...

Well, at 11, they turn to become a teenager but all of you know it : Teenage crisis...

One thing is really shocking for me : Cigarettes and alcohol. I don't blame those who smoke or drink, but smoking at 9 y.o, WTF !

Now, her mother... Kind of great mom and kind of big sh**. Yeah ok she will look after the baby... but wtf to have a baby at ELEVEN... There is nothing to be proud. Maybe the mom is proud that the girl keeps the baby, but I don't think she (the girl) knows consequences. Looking after a baby is really hard, (when i saw my mom with my little sister years ago) it requires a lot of patience and self control. I'm sure this girl hasn't these criterias.

To answer you Lili, I've watched some reports on the TV about teens and baby. Girls are 16 in average, and even with 16 y.o, some of them can't assume their responsibilities. And i think with Teenage crisis, that will not help... Just imagine the situation at 11...

Having a baby very young is really a waste. She'll lose her teen life, and with her young age of smoking and drinking, as frenchies said : "Elle n'est pas dans la merde cette petite !"

looking at the girls on SW and seeing how immature they are (Lili for example), it would not be a good thing at all. :wacko:
Do i have to thanks u for this comment dear Tim?....

But well.. -_- i khnow how immature i am nowadays..and i think it's why i don't want to have childrens ^_^ because it will be more the hell for the child than the heaven -_-

And then i think that the record in this earth for being the younger mother go to a Columbian girl who get baby at 9 years old....

however, have our menstruations or not doesn't mean anything because no matter what is the age we can have a baby ... it's just a problem of hormones..but well this is to hard to explain that ...

I just find shocking to have a baby at 11 years old ..and about the sex at this age ...i won't say anything because it have worst than that in this earth esp with the sexual tourism in poor country...

i khnow a lot of girl who get a baby under 18 years old and i see how hard it is for them to raise the child and everything... and themselves need a lot of support from their family ...

But the real big question is : does it have a age to have a baby?

et Charly, merci! c'était la réponse que j'attendais...

darvil

sarNie Adult
Yes there should be.

There is obviously no right age to have a baby. Some 20+ people shouldn't have babies while younger kids might be responsible enough to have a baby. So what is the best solution?

Well I think the legal age to vote is the line for me personally. Obviously I wouldn't want to pass a law requiring people to be 18 before they can have kids.

So thats my take on it..

Dear Lili, you can have babies. You have my permission ;)

XCappy

Mr. Char
I don't think there is an age. But hmm, quite 'old' and fresh in the head to make good decisions.

Those 16 for exemple with my watching report, i don't think they were conscious during the sexual relation, so yeah... just be careful too and don't act like a fool.

then THANK U Mr Tim!!!!.... but....WOW.. i never khnow that i need ur permission first to have a baby..... <_< since when...i wonder... :unsure:

puppylov

sarNie Adult
i kno it is really young and sh emight have the mental ability to raise a child. But again in Asia girls can get married at a young age, but 11 i dunno. It' s is diif. In asia, young girls assume major responsibilities and they r mature for their age. But in America it's kinda diff. i dun the the reason, but that's a fact. Ok, my far cousin is like 9 yrs old, but she is mature and skillful for her age. My neice who is the same age is not like her. my neice is not responsible and she is not like my cousin.

noungning

Heartless
wow interesting. yeah menstrual cycles comes faster for others than the other. i had mine at a very young age. and hence me being so short. but lets end it there. :(

yeah it doesn't make you a better mom regardless of your age. some people can be 30 and still be a horrible mom. it all depends on their frame of thought and how they are raised.

as for the first girl... i dunno i don't have much to say... she didn't even know she was pregnant... gosh that's sad. as for the second girl, it's good she didn't have abortion but many things needs to be taught to her, rather her mom be just proud of her status as a now granny to be, she should sit down and talk to her kid and educate her that being a mom takes more than just feeding them and changing their diapers. how will you work and pay for all this? it's likely she believe she has her mom to always help her, that's why it seems easy for her. she's been through alot of psychological downfalls, drinking and smoking heavily at a young age... she clearly doesn't have any type of leadership in her life, and possibly having sex because her friends say it's cool and something she should be doing.

some kids have kids because they see it as a fashion, they don't see that it's more than just what they see in a movie or just the simple outside things.

ok i think i'm done, i'm rambling. :p

i kno it is really young and sh emight have the mental ability to raise a child. But again in Asia girls can get married at a young age, but 11 i dunno. It' s is diif. In asia, young girls assume major responsibilities and they r mature for their age. But in America it's kinda diff. i dun the the reason, but that's a fact. Ok, my far cousin is like 9 yrs old, but she is mature and skillful for her age. My neice who is the same age is not like her. my neice is not responsible and she is not like my cousin.
Yeah it's true that asian girl who growth up there are totally mature at this age and khnow how to raise child compare to girl who has the same age in occident who don't khnow anything...

My niece have around this age too and fortunately for me she still ignore what is what...however she has some "weird question" like all the kids...like from where come the baby, for example -_-

This is totally natural and i can't blame her for that ..because at school she has friend who khnow more things about that than her...

Even if i try to answer to all her question all the time ..it have some subject that i prefer to avoid..because for me she still a kid and she should grew up like that...

Well i khnow that i can't protect her all the time against the reality but if something wrong like that happen to her...... it will be the end of this world :lol:

wow interesting. yeah menstrual cycles comes faster for others than the other. i had mine at a very young age. and hence me being so short. but lets end it there. :(

yeah it doesn't make you a better mom regardless of your age. some people can be 30 and still be a horrible mom. it all depends on their frame of thought and how they are raised.

as for the first girl... i dunno i don't have much to say... she didn't even know she was pregnant... gosh that's sad. as for the second girl, it's good she didn't have abortion but many things needs to be taught to her, rather her mom be just proud of her status as a now granny to be, she should sit down and talk to her kid and educate her that being a mom takes more than just feeding them and changing their diapers. how will you work and pay for all this? it's likely she believe she has her mom to always help her, that's why it seems easy for her. she's been through alot of psychological downfalls, drinking and smoking heavily at a young age... she clearly doesn't have any type of leadership in her life, and possibly having sex because her friends say it's cool and something she should be doing.

some kids have kids because they see it as a fashion, they don't see that it's more than just what they see in a movie or just the simple outside things.

ok i think i'm done, i'm rambling. :p
This is true that be more older doesn't mean that we are more mature to raise childrens.. . ( i have a good example just close to me -_- )

But well, it's better to have child at 30 than 11 because then u won't miss anything in ur life....

i think that the childhood and the teenager period are 2 important moment in the life and this is during this time that a child take his/her mark...this is at this time of their life that the child will make his/her project for later and his/her future... and for that they need a really good example around them... ( i khnow ..nobody is perfect -_- )... because if we look at their own example or ppl around us they will see that the tendancy is to reproduce exactly the same thing like our parents or our models....but maybe it's wrong from my part to think like that?

And about the french girl..it's not that she didn't't khnow..it's just that she hide it to her parents ..and this is totally understandable given that the family she has..it's normal that she doesn't want to say what happen... but well she is a really good example of what i say..because look at her family..her dad have 28 years old and her mum might have the same age too.. and they have 4 kids and she wasn't the older one..then it mean that her parents got their first babies around 15 or 16 years old... after that we can't blame the girl to have sex at her age ....

<_< And about the fashion thing...if young girl think like that nowadays then it's really regrettable....

N.B: thx all for ur replies ...that gave me a general survey about the way of ur thinking..and this is totally awesome

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
lol when i went to britian u should see how slutty some of the girls are they are asking to be raped the way they dress

noungning

Heartless
lol when i went to britian u should see how slutty some of the girls are they are asking to be raped the way they dress
lol that's how it's like in the states too, the lil teen boppers are dressing to ask for it. but i guess being pregnant from rape isn't such a great event. quite traumatic in fact.

Super_Sonia

sarNie Egg
I love reading things like this...anyways...I've also read that the youngest girl on record to give birth to a child is 5 years old and was from Peru. She was born and started menstrating a few months after birth...then I recently heard about a 9 year old girl from Singapore (I think)...wow...I still can't imagine all this...I thought 15-16 was too young...