Cambodian?

D u wish that u can help IT frm the Corruption.

• U r alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not alone

• I am goin to go with the flow(do not care)

• Total voters

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
One soul cant change a country especially one that is wayyyyyyyy beyond corruption like Cambodia.

LOL...I'm not too sure if MANY souls can either since they have the potential to go missing in action if ever causing any controversial issues for the opposing parties.

I'm not a genius when it comes to dealing with politics and such...

BUT, I do know that in order for the country to escape from the bottom pit:

They must get rid of those tyrannical government officials of whom wrongfully exercises their powers / authorities

Punish those who accepts bribes over righteous acts that may have a negative effect on the prosperity of the country itself<<<such a degrading activity -_-

Lots more to list...

WOW, just these two things seems IMPOSSIBLE at the very moment.

Definitely need more "Einsteins" than ignorant fools who only knows how to count dollars / aimlessly shoots a gun

Money talks most of the time, Ahhh...where are those "thinkers" when you really need them...

Oh, I forgot! DEATH awaits those who thinks anything differently from the "SUPERIORS"...

yahana

sarNie Egg
u r absolutely right, well most of it. But i believe that can make a different! if that ONE is a gineus, very articulate person, and know how to contorl the situtation well in Cambodia. He/she can manage to use the power in a just way and turn that ONE person into 1000000 or more ones. THAT ONES WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENT IN THE LIVES OF FUTRUE CAMBODIA/NS.

Samwhy

sarNie Hatchling
I believe that we all can make a difference. Yeah, politics is dirty and it rules the world. Even though we cannot stop the corruption of the government, we can always approach it in a different way by helping out the people directly. Those who live in the country in poverty. We can help donate money to the schools and temples and hospitals. If we can help out little by little, it will much improve the lives of the poor. Just little stuff like that are just baby steps towards a better world.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Yes, hopefully, one day some influential person / motivated organizations will / can change a million, billiion, & etc...then, slowly, but surely change the country...

Especially, helping them escape from poverty / infectious diseases / hmmm...fear perhaps?

Yes, directly helping them would be the best route due to so many fraudulent groups who collects for the poor, but yet keeps for themselves.

It irks me to know that these greedy / despicable scum bags just cold-heartedly robs the less fortunate individuals of their opportunities ; especially, when they are fully aware that their lives are dependent upon the fundings...

Cambodia still lacks the understanding of "UNITY" in which serves as one of the basic ingredients for a stronger / better country whether economically, socially, politically, & etc.

How / When will it ever move towards anything prosperous when they cant even surpass a simple obstacle such as "working as one" and not for your own personal needs.

Must all good things come with sacrifices? IF so, what are the prices to pay?

I wish I can do more than just pity / sympathize from afar for those who experiences it everday and yearning for a better tomorrow...

A reformation is needed indeed.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
My friends and I we gather up donations from friends here in America (mostly Americans) and once a year or every other year we go there (to Cambodia) and pick a village to help. Although we cannot help everyone in the village we try to help as much as we can. We pick out the poorest of families and donate money/rice/foods to them. We take pictures and videos and bring back to the States to show all the ones that donated their money so they would know that it went to a good cause. We let them know that what we;re doing is non-profit for us but just wanted to help out in the smallest way we can, one family at a time, one village at a time.

This is really sad to see a beautifull country like Cambodia like that...rich ppl always think about theirselves and don't try to help ppl who needed...this is really hard to try to change the mind of ppl there and the way they choose......the politicians are corrupted and always stole the money from OMG ..that's why now some of these don't want invest a lot in Cambodia ....and the little association who try it have to discover that they need a lot of money to do it or hide it ......that's why a lot of young khmer choose the prostitution because this is the easy way for them to earn money..and don't stay in the poverty.. 2$ for them per day it's a lot ....but ppl prefer to keep their mouth off because they always scare for their life ...i always think that's it stupid but in other side i understand it....and i think it's because of this things that's why a lot of khmer choose to immigre in another country ( a rich country) they always think that's the better way but in fact it don't change nothing....sometimes it's worst than their life in cambodia...but it's true that if they are lucky they meet a good fate here......this is good to speak about that but i think to act something is better because u still can't do nothing when u talk....act is always better....it's like u secrets , this is a good things to go there and bring some stuff for them..but ppl have to khnow it's a dangerous things too..;not the fact that u help them..but the fact that u can want to keep this money for urself..i khnow a lot khmer association who do like u before but then they saw ppl give a big donation and then decide to keep it and spend it...just take some pix there and lie..but unlucky for them ...ppl discover the fake things......but it's still too late......money is good when u have it...but it can get u in the bad way..just have to be becarefull.....

Samwhy

sarNie Hatchling
My friends and I we gather up donations from friends here in America (mostly Americans) and once a year or every other year we go there (to Cambodia) and pick a village to help. Although we cannot help everyone in the village we try to help as much as we can. We pick out the poorest of families and donate money/rice/foods to them. We take pictures and videos and bring back to the States to show all the ones that donated their money so they would know that it went to a good cause. We let them know that what we;re doing is non-profit for us but just wanted to help out in the smallest way we can, one family at a time, one village at a time.
Good for you Secrets. I really admire that about you. I'm going there in the summer of 07 and pitch in my part. First I have to take care of my relatives. I have a whole village of relatives over there, in fact, all of them are over there and It's just me and my parents that are here in the US. It gets lonely sometimes, no siblings/cousins to play with. :( Anyway, when my relatives are taken care of, then I will do whatever I can to help those in poverty.

pleang sney is right, you have to be careful over there. Even over here few organizations claim to collect money to help villages in Srok Khmer and then just keep it for themselves. With people like them, karma will come back and bite them. Just like the dirty politicans that's corrupting the Khmer government, they may live a luxurious life while others suffer in front of them, but in the end, karma will get them.

yahana

sarNie Egg
"but ppl have to khnow it's a dangerous things too..;not the fact that u help them..but the fact that u can want to keep this money for urself..i khnow a lot khmer association who do like u before but then they saw ppl give a big donation and then decide to keep it and spend it...just take some pix there and lie..but unlucky for them ...ppl discover the fake things......but it's still too late......money is good when u have it...but it can get u in the bad way..just have to be becarefull....." I agree with u 100%. This is the reason why Khmer ppl coluld not trust anyone :( . I just Hope new generation of Khmer ppl realize that the country is in desprate needs of well edu. ministies. all selfish act should be abolish among the governor. Consern more about the country good than the personal conflict.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Secrets, if only the organizations would think and act like you do.

Then, maybe we can see more positive changes in the lives of many Cambodians who are receiving help from unselfish people like yourself.

Karma needs to strike a little bit sooner because the devastation of such a country isnt waiting nor stopping anytime soon.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks guys, my friend and her husband were the ones that thought of the idea two years ago and actually put the plan into action last year when they went. My friend owns a hair salon so she has lots of rich clients to help with the donations (shoot if they're willing to pay $150 for hightlights and $50 for tip then $10 or $20 donation to help families that are much less fortunate than them wouldn't break their account). The other thing is, we're not in any type of organization or association, it's just a bunch of close friends and families throwing in our own money from our own pockets to give. Nothing is expected to be given back to us in return except a good feeling that you've help someone that really needs it. Believe me, I was never this kind or unselfish before, but something happened and is going to happen in my life that changed me and the way I think about things now. Oh and also no one in any of our family gets the money that's being donated. We want it to be fair, we don't want people to say "Oh since they're the ones in charge of all this, of course they're gonna take the money and help their family or village." But actually it no. Non of our family will get any money from any of this. These all go to strangers we've never known before.

I'm going back 2007 as well Samwhy but in July though, maybe we'll see each other there :lol: I have lots of family there as well but luckily we have some "sraey" land that produces "srowy" so my family's ok with living. And my husband and I only send money 3 times a year (New Year, Pchumn Bin, and Bon Ka-tin) unless there are emergencies of course.

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
u're prolly not alone...but wanting alone won't help

it needs a lot of cooperation, teamwork etc for a reasonable change to happen

then it will eventually happen gradually...hopefully

yahana

sarNie Egg
Have any of U guys heard about the Maddox Jolie Pitt plan of developing one of Cambodia village called Samlote. They are goin to build a Sakoya Nation Park. The plan is ~ about $5 million ~ 5 yrs, and it being to put into affect ASAP.

This mean that Khmer receives many foriegn helps other counties/people. But i wonder when Khmer people look beyond themselves for once and United to bring above some changes in the government. NO CHANGE NO GAIN!!!!!!!!YEAH?!!!!! B)

Have any of U guys heard about the Maddox Jolie Pitt plan of developing one of Cambodia village called Samlote. They are goin to build a Sakoya Nation Park. The plan is ~ about $5 million ~ 5 yrs, and it being to put into affect ASAP.

This mean that Khmer receives many foriegn helps other counties/people. But i wonder when Khmer people look beyond themselves for once and United to bring above some changes in the government. NO CHANGE NO GAIN!!!!!!!!YEAH?!!!!! B)

i heard the project long time ago already but Angeline Jolie do a lot of thins already for Cambodia it's just that ppl don't see it and always want more......and this is tru that Cambodia receive a lot of foreign help but it's just that a part of this money disappear in some pocket......Oh i forgot , angelina joloe is one of the big owner in Cambodia and in 2005 she get khmer nationality.....

United to bring above some changes in the government...i'm disagree with the fact that another country have to come into khmer politics ...look at what happen when vietnam do it...we don't need extern help just need ppl change their mind and be more strong.........if when it have problem u always want external country come and help when will we have a real khmer government...?

yahana

sarNie Egg
I hope More YOUNG KHMERS INCREASE THE LOVE 4 OUR COUNTRY, AND OCCURRENT GENERATION KHMER NEEDED THEM TO REALIZE THE GOVENMENT FLAWS. ALSO GET RID of ALL SELFCENTER MINISTERIES.

yahana

sarNie Egg
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THE SCHOOL SYSTEM OPPERATE IN KHMER? IS IT A CORRUPT SYSTEM TOO? If u think the school system in Khmer is corrupted, what changes would u make if u are a powerful person in Khmer? What would u do with the Teachers who take bribe from students ?( heard from my new Khmer friends) Do u have some sympathy toward those teachers or do u believe they should be punish for their actions?

yahana

sarNie Egg
I'm very glad to know that, I'm not the only person who want to help Khmer out from the dark pit!!!!!

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
who doesnt want to help? if they dont thats just mean.. it hurts when my parents country is falling when other countries are gettin bigger and bigger.. and theirs kids workign their bums of for little money for at least 12 horus or the whole day. and all they get is a bowl of rice i just wish i have alot alot of money to help ahhaha