cambodia produce Oil

menia

Cambodia likely to produce crude oil by 2009
01/18/2006 -- 22:13(GMT+7)
Phnom Penh (VNA) – A Cambodian official has forecasted that the country may produce crude oil for the first time by 2009.

Speaking at a Cambodian economic forum held in Phnom Penh on Jan. 17, Te Duong Tara, General Director of Cambodia’s National Petroleum Authority, stated that there is a lot of work to be done before Cambodia can produce its first barrels of crude oil.

However, he hoped that Cambodia would produce 500 million barrels of crude oil and 3,000-5,000 billion cubic metres of gas within three years, and could continue to exploit its reserves for four decades.-Enditem

sources: http://www.vnagency.com.vn/NewsA.asp?LANGU...&NEWS_ID=183261

Cambodia will be rich if they can produce oil

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
I hope it will get rich too...
n that those high officers that are corrupted wouldn't ruin it for all
cuz I feel sorry for the poor ppl who work so hard
but not gaining enough money n barely make it each day
thanks for sharing

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, Cambodia has oil, but we just don't know how to get started on the project. Cambodia is actually a very rich land/country with all the gold/gem mountains. Why else would all the other countries invaded Cambodia backl then, because they know what Cambodia has.

menia

yea, the oil is not new to me because my dad keep telling me Cambodia does have oil. Back then before Pol Pot oil project was in process because of war the project was put on hold. I'm glad they bring it back again. Cambodia have alot of natural resources such as gold/gem, rubbber and oil, but they just don't know how make it useful.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
When i told my mother that Cambodia is going to produce oil.. She was like.. See I going to my country.. Gas going to be cheaper now...

geenie

sarNie Egg
I want to see Cambodia progress. Hopefully, we'll become a second world country one day.

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
I hope they do make it.. I KNOW THEY WELL!. It is true i do wish they'll become rich because the poor people is working sooooo hard for a little money.. at least one dollar for a whole day..

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Put it this way Cambodia isn't a poor country of natural resources...according to one book I read if only Cambodian knew how much resources they had and know how to use it...the Cambodian people wouldn't be so poor right now...they even stated that Cambodia would be the next Singapore....but sadly Cambodians officials don't know how or rather I should say don't use it for the better of their country....sad...very sad. -_-

Like for example...the Cambodian forests...has some of the riches trees...etc. But... :blink:

And Oh yeah that Oil thing it's was determined way before the war that Cambodia had it and had potential...but again...