CALL NOW! CASTING CALL!

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
she emailed me and said that she will forward me to another cast director...
same here. she gave me his email and n he's in the 818 area. close to L.A. i was so mad i miss his phone call n i email him back saying sorry and for him to get me his number so i can call him:(

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I CALLED TODAY!
I tried to get as much information as I can but she seemed kinda busy or something but according to her, depending on where you live you, there will be a casting director. For example, I live in the West Coast and there will be a certain person in charge of casting. She also reassured me that the film will with Hmong. She said they need "grandpas, grandmas, aunts, uncles, relatives, shamans, and all those stuffs". Oh yeah, she said that they in the really early stage of casting.

wow. ^_^ thanks for sharing. she needs grandpas, grandmas and etc huh... im sure i can play a good relative. lols. nah jk..

let me know how it goes pplz.. :p hope its not a spam.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
from what the lady told me, she said that they were in their early stages of casting so it will at least 2-3 weeks before i will recieve any phonecalls.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
hey is it true that you need to know how to speak hmong for these roles? that's what i've been hearing.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i havent heard any callbacks from these ppl. well if they are looking for authentic hmong ppl then i am guessing that speaking hmong fluently (reading and speaking) is necessary. did anybody get a call back?

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
their probably gonna just use a korean, japanese, chinese family to pretend they are Hmong. hahaha....is this even serious? you know...a lot of races out there look at us hmong people really down...will they really cast a hmong actor/actress? only time will tell....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol...i think that they are going to use other races to play us too...lol...i hate it when asian races try to play sumthin that they're not...it really annoys me..like jus stick to ur race! lol...

but yea...i talk to the other cast director, n he said that he'll email a scene from the script...then i'll have to videotape me doing that seen n send it to him...then they'll determine later...

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
lol...i think that they are going to use other races to play us too...lol...i hate it when asian races try to play sumthin that they're not...it really annoys me..like jus stick to ur race! lol...

but yea...i talk to the other cast director, n he said that he'll email a scene from the script...then i'll have to videotape me doing that seen n send it to him...then they'll determine later...
wow really. that means i'm gonna have to email them for a script so i can practice too.lol.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile

well...is the script going to be all english for the supposely Hmong family? if they don't make give some Hmong lines for the Hmong family, it's not going to be realistic or make any sense.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
Does anyone think this maybe a scam? It kind of sounds to hard to believe. What are the odds that they even know that Hmong people exist or have even heard of Hmong?

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
iono if its a scam or not, but we do have their digits...so we can check to see netime...also, about hmongs...we hmong have had so many events occurring these past few months...so people should be aware of us...esp. with GVP going to jail....

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
might as well use Brenda Song if they don't want to find any REAL Hmong people.. although she's not 100% Hmong it's better than some cheap actors who aren't Hmong at all.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
iono if its a scam or not, but we do have their digits...so we can check to see netime...also, about hmongs...we hmong have had so many events occurring these past few months...so people should be aware of us...esp. with GVP going to jail....
That's very true. But it just seems kind of hard to believe...

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
the casting director/associates are so SLOW!
they havent even got the audition materials done yet!
i read about the story and the roles.
i'm not digging the rape scene but watever.
all i know is that the role of Sue, there is COMPETITION!
and i wanna see this "asian Johnny Depp".

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
the casting director/associates are so SLOW!
they havent even got the audition materials done yet!
i read about the story and the roles.
i'm not digging the rape scene but watever.
all i know is that the role of Sue, there is COMPETITION!
and i wanna see this "asian Johnny Depp".
I know what you mean. When I first read the roles, I was a little surprised by Sue's role.