Bollywood News

koblo

sarNie Hatchling
sak has been acting for a long time and i am very proud of him! :D wow i just realize that sak is really buff.

cecilia

Staff member
he's a charmer in HUM TUM..like him in there...congrates..rank 2nd to
Shahruk as bankable actor..well done..! thanks ana for the great news!

neena

sarNie Adult
damn...how can they say that about black...i've never seen any of the two films even if i'm a huge fan of srk and rani. anyways, i think they're jus saying all this because paheli got selected instead of black.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Paheli was a real let down for me, but I have to agree that it does do a good job of displaying rustic Rajathstani culture. Black was an outstanding film, but I think the critic is right about it's being overdone at times. Honestly, I think Swades would have been a better choice.

Kelly

wow we all have diff. views here ahha! swades to me was alrite....kinda boring hehe.....hmmm....paheli was done great.....but i rella have to give it to black!

Kelly

dang! he's getting there....i'm not so fond of him but yea i did like him in hum tum with rani! i have not seen saalam nameste yet but...i dun rella want too ahah....unless it's all that good...then maybe i will....but i duno the idea of him and preity....don't satisfy me!

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
I saw both films but I have to say Black is an outstanding film, something new to the Bollywood film industry. Somewhat I agreed Paheli deserved it also.

Ana

sarNie Adult
Shah Rukh Khan's response at the Oscar nomination of Paheli
Sep 30, 2005

Courtesy: Apunkachoice

There have been extreme and mixed reactions from the whole Bollywood fraternity on Paheli being selected as Indian’s official entry for the 2006 Oscars. But what does Shah Rukh Khan , who stars in the lead role in the film, thinks of Paheli’s Oscar bid?

Choosing ‘Paheli’ as India's Oscar nomination was not easy as all the films were of "really high calibre", but it was a unanimous decision taken by the jury after great deliberation, says Vinod Pande, acting chairperson of the Film Federation of India.

‘Paheli’ beat films like Black , Swades , Page 3 , Parineeta and Iqbal .

Subhash Ghai , whose film ‘Iqbal’ was beaten by ‘Paheli’ in the race said: “’Paheli’ represents Indian colour culture and ethos and mythical beliefs. It's based on an original work of an Indian writer from Rajasthan . These are elements that may have tilted the scales towards ‘Paheli’ away from other good films. I'm on the Emmy awards jury and I know how tough it is to judge when there're so many deserving creations. I'm happy my ‘Iqbal’ was considered for this honour. I'm happy for Shah Rukh and his team."

Sanjay Leela Bhansali , director of ‘Black’, has told an entertainment website that if not his movie, he would have liked to see other films like ‘Swades’ or ‘Iqbal’.

But what does SRK think himself of Paheli’s Oscar bid?

In a message for filmmaker Ashok Pandit, the King Khan said: “When unexpected things happen they make you either sad or too happy and I’m glad this time I’m on the happy side.�

Must say, spoken like a true king!

Here’s hoping that SRK remains on the happy side and ‘Paheli’ goes on to win an Oscar.

Ana

sarNie Adult
Who is sexier : Ash or Bipasha?
Sep 30, 2005

Courtesy: Apunkachoice

Aishwarya Rai is among the most beautiful women in the world. But Bipasha Basu ’s sex appeal has been unparalleled in Bollywood.

It is going to be a confluence of beauty and sex appeal in Yash Raj Film’s forthcoming sequel to Dhoom . But there is a catch!

‘Dhoom 2’ will have gorgeous Aishwarya flaunting her sex appeal, something that seems to be the forte of Bipasha. The film has Ash playing a seductive moll of the villain, played by Hrithik Roshan .

Bipasha, on the other hand, might be seen in a slightly mellowed role, although insiders hint that her role too will have some shades of oomph.

But it is Ash who seems to be the present talk of tongues for her upcoming hot act in ‘Dhoom 2’. Buzz has it that Ash will appear in a bikini for a sequence in the movie. In fact, the former beauty queen is learnt to be working out to get back into shape to flaunt her already perfect body in the movie that has generated much curiosity ever since it went on floors a few days back.

Yash Chopra, the producer of the movie, is quoted to have said that the film does require Ash to “convey oodles of oomph�, but he adds that there will be nothing overtly sexual or vulgar.

Director Sanjay Gadhavi is believed to have discussed the looks of Ash’s and Hrithik’s character with the two stars already.

So if you expect some titillation from ‘Dhoom 2’, expect it from Ash than from Bips.

But Bipasha, on a different front, has already got compensated in the form of the stellar role of a manipulative entrepreneur she has bagged in Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Corporate’. The role was initially offered to Ash.

Bipasha has also got in her kitty a big project by Rituparno Ghosh , the Bengali director who has already directed Ash in two films.